Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-12-17, 09:44 AM
All American

thehawg27 is on a distinguished road
DII Sect. Final: Badin vs CJ

This will be the third matchup between these two GCL Coed rivals. CJ took the first two 5-3 and 6-3, who wins the third???
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-17, 01:31 PM
All World

GCPRO
CJ has a nice team and a great season but no chance Badin loses to them a third time. I only see two teams in the region that can beat the Rams. Ross with House on the mound and Tippecanoe. Tipp probably has the most talent in the region but for whatever reason they have never won the region. The Klaiber kid will keep Badin in the game against anyone and their next two guys are both certainly capable as well.
Old 05-12-17, 03:23 PM
All World

UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCPRO View Post
CJ has a nice team and a great season but no chance Badin loses to them a third time. I only see two teams in the region that can beat the Rams. Ross with House on the mound and Tippecanoe. Tipp probably has the most talent in the region but for whatever reason they have never won the region. The Klaiber kid will keep Badin in the game against anyone and their next two guys are both certainly capable as well.
I think Batavia is another team that can make a serious run. They can beat anybody with Sammons on the mound. They start anywhere from 7-8 seniors depending on who is pitching. All of those kids have been playing together since they were 8.

We will find out just how serious they are against Taylor next Thursday.
Old 05-12-17, 09:39 PM
All World

GCPRO
I meant no disrespect to Batavia but they would play Badin next Saturday when I imagine both would be throwing their respective not best pitcher. I like Badin's chances in those games. No one in southwest Ohio plays the schedule they do plus they have been in these situations numerous times with this coaching staff.
Old 05-13-17, 01:53 PM
All World

Quote:
I meant no disrespect to Batavia but they would play Badin next Saturday when I imagine both would be throwing their respective not best pitcher. I like Badin's chances in those games. No one in southwest Ohio plays the schedule they do plus they have been in these situations numerous times with this coaching staff.
The experience/schedule edge definitely goes to Badin. At the same time it's obvious how little you know about this Batavia team. They go 5 deep on the mound and can hit 1-9. A majority of those kids play for respected summer organizations as well so it's not like they haven't played against good competition in their careers.

I think Badin would be the favorite because of tradition not talent.

All the same. Badin has to beat a team they are 0-2 against. Batavia still had to beat the CHL champs. We will see.
Old 05-13-17, 04:36 PM
All World

GCPRO
I'm sure Batavia is very good. Do not know their history but has Batavia ever played in a regional final?

Badin will beat CJ and will advance. This coaching staff has been to six final fours in Columbus since 2001. Last year they lost in the state finals with a team that didn't win their league. In the past five years only one Badin team has failed to be in the regionals at a minimum. Great coaching with great expectations by their players. Look forward to the matchup.
Old 05-13-17, 07:26 PM
All World

Quote:
I'm sure Batavia is very good. Do not know their history but has Batavia ever played in a regional final?

Badin will beat CJ and will advance. This coaching staff has been to six final fours in Columbus since 2001. Last year they lost in the state finals with a team that didn't win their league. In the past five years only one Badin team has failed to be in the regionals at a minimum. Great coaching with great expectations by their players. Look forward to the matchup.
Batavia made the state final four in 2010?? I could be off on the year but it was around that time. Let's not get ahead of ourselves both teams have quality opponent's on Thursday.
Old 05-14-17, 06:32 AM
All World

GCPRO
According to the OHSAA records, Batavia last made the final four in 1950.
Old 05-14-17, 08:16 AM
All Ohio

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Did CJ win their league this year?
Old 05-15-17, 12:14 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
I was thinking of 2008 and it was only regionals lol. I was way off.
Old 05-15-17, 12:15 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Yes
Old 05-15-17, 08:06 AM
Junior Varsity

Daytonsoccerfan is on a distinguished road
CJ has a lot of talent and coming off of a performance that wasn't up to par against Valley View. The Eagles will come out hard against Badin and hopefully advance.
Old 05-15-17, 04:25 PM
All Region

GCLman4525 is on a distinguished road
I understand the history of success for Badin and their tough schedule but who have they beaten??? Loveland as of late and Fenwick at the very beginning of the year? All the rest are pretty average teams just like pretty much almost of CJ's wins. So I don't see where this is a guaranteed win for Badin. I think it'll be close just like CJ's first two wins.
Old 05-16-17, 09:20 AM
All American

In baseball we all know its less about who you play and more about who you pitch. I would think Badin will throw their #1 Klaiber in this next match up. He did not pitch in previous losses. I think CJ will battle to the end and should go into the game with alot of confidence. With that being said beating someone 3 times in a season is tough to do. CJ has a couple losses sand close wins that have me scratching my head but they are a quality team.
Old 05-16-17, 02:42 PM
Freshman

Zepman44 is on a distinguished road
He started game 2. Left the game with a no decision in a 3-3 game. CJ won in 9 innings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-17, 11:47 PM
Freshman

ThatRandomGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehawg27 View Post
In baseball we all know its less about who you play and more about who you pitch. I would think Badin will throw their #1 Klaiber in this next match up. He did not pitch in previous losses. I think CJ will battle to the end and should go into the game with alot of confidence. With that being said beating someone 3 times in a season is tough to do. CJ has a couple losses sand close wins that have me scratching my head but they are a quality team.
Which losses have you scratching your head? Fenwick, Oakwood, Butler and Tipp...
Old 05-17-17, 10:24 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRandomGuy View Post
Which losses have you scratching your head? Fenwick, Oakwood, Butler and Tipp...
Good point, each of those teams are good and very likely none of CJ's better pitchers threw in those contest.

I guess the Close wins over Rogers Bacon, Valley View and Purcell were more what I was getting to.
Old 05-17-17, 08:31 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Good point, each of those teams are good and very likely none of CJ's better pitchers threw in those contest.

I guess the Close wins over Rogers Bacon, Valley View and Purcell were more what I was getting to.
They also smoked Alter and McNick, both teams that Badin had close games with. Baseball games can go a lot of different ways. Just gotta win 'em
Old 05-18-17, 05:37 PM
All World

GCPRO
I was wrong, CJ wins 3-2 in the bottom of the 7th. Beat a great program for the third time in a season. Congrats to Coach Barhorst and the the Eagles. Rams finish at 15-15. First time since the mid 80's with a non winning record. Good luck CJ going forward.
Old 05-18-17, 06:17 PM
Freshman

CanofCorn is on a distinguished road
Good game tonight between CJ & Badin. Came down to the end like it should. Badin's defense didn't look as sharp as in games past but CJ struggled with men on base. Both pitchers threw well and kept their clubs in the game. Fun game to watch for sure. Good luck to CJ.
Old 05-18-17, 06:47 PM
Freshman

No doubt about it, CJ was the top team in the GCL this season. The program has come a long way. Congrats to those coaches and players.
Old 05-18-17, 10:20 PM
Junior Varsity

Daytonsoccerfan is on a distinguished road
Glad CJ could get such a big win tonight. A 3 game sweep against an elite team is something these boys should be proud of, especially after seeing people say they have no chance. They have a great group of kids and hopefully they keep winning.
Old 05-19-17, 02:30 AM
All Ohio

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Game story

CJ's Barhorst delivers walkoff hit to sink Badin in sectional final

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/b...PXxmPRe6joyDN/
Old 05-19-17, 06:32 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRandomGuy View Post
No doubt about it, CJ was the top team in the GCL this season. The program has come a long way. Congrats to those coaches and players.
Im interested to know how many of CJ's baseball players play football? They were a gritty bunch and seamed more athletic than their Badin counterparts.

Great win by CJ, they deserved to win that game.
Old 05-19-17, 06:37 PM
All Region

GCLman4525 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Im interested to know how many of CJ's baseball players play football? They were a gritty bunch and seamed more athletic than their Badin counterparts.

Great win by CJ, they deserved to win that game.
Peltier - QB
Jones - WR/DB
Kadel - WR/DB

Other than that, I think a lot of them are baseball only kids.
Old 05-21-17, 05:43 AM
Freshman

CanofCorn is on a distinguished road
From what I picked up on in that game in watching both teams. CJ played and acted like a team that wanted to win and had a plan to execute. Badin almost played like they expected and deserved to win because of who they were. Part of why I say that about Badin is because from the 1st pitch Badin threw till the end, they complained about the strike zone.