Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-04-17, 05:41 PM
All District

SWOhioRiverbat is on a distinguished road
SW Ohio Favorites D1-D3

Who will be the strongest teams coming out of Cincinnati and Dayton this Fall in each division now that competitive balance has taken affect. Can Dayton Carrol compete at D1? Can Mariemont take down Summit in D3? Can Roger Bacon compete at D2?

Favorites??
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-17, 08:35 AM
Varsity

soccerlogic is on a distinguished road
Mariemont should win D3 next year. I think they will take over Summit's position. Summit just lost too many goal scorers in last couple of years.

Anderson will win D2. Roger Bacon will struggle no matter which division they are in.

I'm going with Mason in D1. Hard to go against a school that just reloads every year.
Old 05-05-17, 05:20 PM
All World

BlackHawk is on a distinguished road
Last year's D2 state champ Alter was a very Senior-heavy team. They lose 9 or 10 starters to graduation. They usually can reload, but that's a lot of talent to lose. With Alter's graduation losses and Carroll's move to D1, D2 in SWO might be a bit different this year.
Old 05-07-17, 04:53 PM
Varsity

Cincy_Futbol is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerlogic View Post
Mariemont should win D3 next year. I think they will take over Summit's position. Summit just lost too many goal scorers in last couple of years.

Anderson will win D2. Roger Bacon will struggle no matter which division they are in.

I'm going with Mason in D1. Hard to go against a school that just reloads every year.
RB graduated quite a bit. Indian Hill has to be the favorite.

Anderson is D1. I like Sycamore over Mason. Believe Beavercreel and Dayton Carrol will be 1 and 2 out of Dayton.
Old 05-08-17, 07:23 AM
Freshman

Futbol Enthusiast is on a distinguished road
Beavercreek, while losing a lot of seniors, also returns several key starters. I see them winning regionals again. I don't think we will be seeing another Dayton v. Dayton regional finals again. I think Mason or Sycamore will meet them at regionals.
Old 05-08-17, 09:07 AM
All District

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
D1 in Cincinnati will be very competitive with Mason/Syc/LW/Anderson/StX/Moeller all havng a lot of talent. It will come down to which coaches can put the pieces together the best. I expect a lot more parity than in past years.
Old 05-08-17, 09:09 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
In Dayton...

D1 - creek and carroll should be top 2. Boro & Cvlle 3 & 4?
D2 - Does Tipp have enough returning to be # 1? Alter graduated a lot from what Blackhawk said but I would still think they will be near the top in Dayton anyway. Bellbrook & CJ?
D3 - Bethel, Catholic Central, TC & ??? I want to say DC but they graduated a lot. FM is always good and well coached. Yellow Springs is well coached but they have graduated a lot of talent the past 3 years and this past year might have been their last really good team for a few years.
Old 05-08-17, 12:55 PM
Varsity

sweeney413 is on a distinguished road
Division 1 - Carroll should still be a contender even in division 1, but Beavercreek has a ton of talent returning and should be considered the favorites with Mason, Sycamore, and Anderson all closely behind them.

Division 2 - Alter lost a lot of talent but returns a few key players and had a very young bench last year that will be a year older and still may be the top contender. Tipp lost a lot, but CJ may be a surprise contender for next year. Cincinnati D2 seems to be very wide open as well, who are the top teams there? Indian Hill? Wyoming?

Division 3 - Summit will still run the tables next year. No doubt about it. Yes they lost a lot of goal scoring, but they keep almost their whole midfield who just dominated everyone last year. Dayton does not have much talent, so Summit will continue to run through the competition.
Old 05-08-17, 01:02 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeney413 View Post
Division 3 - Summit will still run the tables next year. No doubt about it. Yes they lost a lot of goal scoring, but they keep almost their whole midfield who just dominated everyone last year. Dayton does not have much talent, so Summit will continue to run through the competition.
You can't single out Dayton there....Summit destroyed everyone in the tournament the past 2 years. There is talent in Dayton (and other parts of the state). In fact, take Summit out of D3 and last year would have been a very competitive tournament.

Summit is just on a whole different level.
Old 05-08-17, 08:56 PM
Varsity

Cincy_Futbol is on a distinguished road
GCL will be very interesting this year.

Elder, St. X and Moeller all return quite a bit. That should be a battle. I'll give the edge to Elder just based on track record.

GMC is a three team race. Lakota West, Mason & Sycamore. Mason have to be the favorites.

ECC is weak once again. Anderson are front runners. I know nothing about Turpin but they are always competitive. I'd look at Walnut Hills as the dark Horse.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: