Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-04-17, 11:12 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Footlocker National Championships

Last weekend was NXN. On Saturday, December 9, the finals of the Footlocker National Championships will be held in San Diego.

The entry lists are here.

The event will be broadcast live on the above site or on YouTube at

The Midwest boys team is particularly strong. Ohioans on the team include Buckeye Valley senior Zach Kreft, Pickerington Central senior Matt Scrape, and Colonel Crawford senior Chad Johnson. Illinois runners Danny Kilrea, Clayton Mendez, and Dylan Jacobs are also on the team after running at NXN. Drew Bosley of Wisconsin also ran at NXN finishing 7th just a bit behind Dustin Horter. There are no Ohio girls on the Midwest team. Between the Ohio guys running NXN and the ones at FL, they represent some of the finest Ohio XC guys ever.

It will be interesting to see how the guys that ran at NXN will do running two highly competitive races within 8 days of each other. Once the post-season starts in high school, it's a grind for everyone. Some of these guys must be physically and mentally exhausted. If Danny Kilrea isn't totally spent, he is a good bet to win it all. All of the Ohio guys have the potential to be up there as well.

Evidently FL offered NXN girls winner, Katelyn Tuohy, a spot in the FL finals without running the qualifying race. I believe that the qualifying races for FL and NXN were on the same day for NY runners and it necessitated the need for them to choose one or the other. This has caused some controversy with the FL event. Here is an article about all of that.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-17, 04:53 PM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
A nice showing by Ohio runners Chad Johnson, Zach Kreft, and Matt Scrape to finish 11th, 12th, and 19th, respectively. The Midwest boys, in general, were strong. Good luck to the guys this upcoming track season and next year at Iowa State, Notre Dame, and Syracuse.

The results, with half mile splits, are here
Old 12-10-17, 10:28 AM
All Ohio

madman is on a distinguished road
I just watched the replay at milesplit. I am left wondering what happened to Kreft the last 800m. He has finished strong in every race I've seen of his before this one. Just got tired or something else?
Old 12-10-17, 03:26 PM
Varsity

xcrunner69 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman View Post
I just watched the replay at milesplit. I am left wondering what happened to Kreft the last 800m. He has finished strong in every race I've seen of his before this one. Just got tired or something else?
Zach mentioned that he got tripped up around the one mile mark, so the energy it took for him to get back into striking distance must've caught up with him at the end.