Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-30-17, 07:14 PM
All World

said_aouita is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIllinifan View Post
Wow - nice haul for the Hoosiers. Makes me wonder why my Illini canít secure some of this OH talent.
Have you ever been to Champaign, Illinois?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-17, 09:37 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
This isn't about an Ohio athlete but does anyone know if Brodey Hasty has committed anywhere? If not, what schools is he considering? The Brentwood (TN) High School runner did not compete for his high school this year (for another topic) but is probably the best high school runner at the current time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by said_aouita View Post
Have you ever been to Champaign, Illinois?
Based on his or her username, CincyIllinifan, my guess would be that he or she probably has. He or she may even be an Illini alumnus/alumna.

CincyIllinifan was commenting on Horter's commitment to Indiana. While Indiana is indeed a fine school for academics, it is not quite at the same level as Illinois.
Old 12-01-17, 10:04 PM
Varsity

xcrunner69 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
This isn't about an Ohio athlete but does anyone know if Brodey Hasty has committed anywhere? If not, what schools is he considering? The Brentwood (TN) High School runner did not compete for his high school this year (for another topic) but is probably the best high school runner at the current time.

Based on his or her username, CincyIllinifan, my guess would be that he or she probably has. He or she may even be an Illini alumnus/alumna.

CincyIllinifan was commenting on Horter's commitment to Indiana. While Indiana is indeed a fine school for academics, it is not quite at the same level as Illinois.
I remember Brodey mentioning that he's visiting at least one more college after NXN, so we will have to wait at least a couple more weeks for his decision. Truly a spectacular talent, and wherever he ends up attending, he will be able to make an immediate impact.
Old 12-06-17, 09:55 PM
Freshman

OhioXC17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Iíve heard that Hastyís top 4 schools were Michigan, Stanford, Oregon and NAU.
Old 12-07-17, 10:18 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioXC17 View Post
I’ve heard that Hasty’s top 4 schools were Michigan, Stanford, Oregon and NAU.
All of the schools have great running programs. Look at the results from this year's NCAA XC championships. NAU was champions, Stanford was 4th, Oregon was 6th, and Michigan was 10th.

The schools, from an academic standpoint, are a bit disparate. There are two academic powerhouses in Stanford and Michigan, a middle-of-the-road school in Oregon, and a less than middling NAU. If Hasty has the grades and test scores, and can get into Stanford, it would seem to be an easy choice. Michigan would be a very close second - again with a consideration of grades and test scores.

It really depends on what his long-range goals are. I could see him being a professional runner and NAU would prepare him well for that. Flagstaff is at altitude and is a running mecca. There are thousands of miles of trails. He'll need to remember, though, that the earning power of a professional runner is not long lasting and the "real world" will await him after that career.
Old 12-11-17, 09:30 AM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
Lucas Bons is going to BYU.