Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-30-17, 06:27 PM
Varsity

OVTC is on a distinguished road
D1 Girls Ohio State Meet prediction 11/4/17

Centerville 121
Brunswick 156
Granville 178
Hilliard Davidson 186
Olentangy Liberty-Powell 194
Highland Medina 220
Beavercreek 220
Ursuline Academy 220
Springboro 230
Gahanna Lincoln 235
Troy 253
Lakota East 253
Hudson 255
Medina 316
Shaker Heights 317
Olentangy Orange-Lewis Center 318
Massillon Perry 390
Sylvania Northview 431
Notre Dame Academy - Toledo 450
Cleveland St. Joseph Academy 679
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-17, 07:15 PM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
yeah, that looks right. I have Hudson a little lower, but close.
Old 10-30-17, 07:51 PM
All Ohio

EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
No. No. No. It does not look right at all. Let's use some common sense. I have not digested the entire season for the girls. But I do know a couple of races where these teams ran head to head. Here are the ladies from the Troy Region.

Centerville barely beat Ursuline and Springboro. Springboro has been nipping Centerville's heals the last 3 weeks. Beavercreek has never beaten Ursuline or Springboro this year. So I am unsure how anyone has them ahead of those two teams in the state finals.
Beavercreek crushed Brunswick at the Midwest Meet of Champions when they won it. So I unsure how anyone has Brunswick ahead of Beavercreek. Brunswick should not be in the mix-They are at #2. Brunswick may not have made it to the state meet if they ran at Troy. They are at best the #4 team from the Troy region. Lakota East almost beat them at MMOC.

Troy girls region has the last 5-10 years dominated this meet. I would expect it to be a lot tighter with the Troy region more towards the upfront than middle. Troy girls also have a state runner-up from last year with everyone back. Unsure why they are not in the mix in these talks. Troy girls could surprise everyone. Especially since- they will have a 1-2- or 3 spot for their first in Gigandet. The rest of the team is not performing like last year.

Having never seen half the state race, I can't predict what they will do. But If you have Centerville winning... I would put Ursuline and Springboro within 30 points of Centerville. Springboro #3 girl usually is a solid #3 did not run well Saturday. With her running top 30 in the state Springboro should battle for that state runner-up spot.

Region Results- Unsure if people understand how close this really was. Ursuline is the real deal. Ursuline should be top 4 at worst.

1 Centerville 73
2 Ursuline Academy 89
3 Springboro 114

Last edited by EuclidandViren; 10-30-17 at 08:02 PM..
Old 10-30-17, 08:14 PM
All World

Troy has dominated the last 5 years. The 5 years before that was dominated by teams from the NE. Not sure if they came out of Boardman or Tiffin, but I'm pretty sure Brunswick and Mags and Brecksville Broadview Heights won titles from 2007-2011 with other teams filling in a lot of spots in the top group.
Old 10-31-17, 04:25 AM
All American

cvctrackfan is on a distinguished road
Brunswick is missing their number one runner. At week three I would have put them closer to Centerville. They should be somewhere around 10-12th
Old 10-31-17, 08:48 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dad View Post
yeah, that looks right. I have Hudson a little lower, but close.
Just to clarify; There is no way the winner of the Boardman Regional is going to be 13th and finish behind teams they just got done beating by 70 and 80. If Brunswick had their #1 it would be a different story, but Hudson would be only 20 or so behind Brunswick at the regional and have 7 in before Brunswick's 5. Hudson does not have a front runner, but they are good through 7.
Old 10-31-17, 09:40 AM
All District

CC Track Fan is on a distinguished road
I will add I don't see anyway Sylvania Northview and Notre Dame Academy don't finish 19th and 20th. D1 girls in NW is not very strong right now but there are only 13 teams so not many options.

I know little about NE girls teams but Cle. St. Joseph Acad average was only .11 slow at regional's than your #2 projected team yet are going to score 523 more points.
Old 11-05-17, 08:04 PM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Morgan Gigandet/Troy for winning girls D-1 race.
Old 11-08-17, 02:38 PM
All American

JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuclidandViren View Post
No. No. No. It does not look right at all. Let's use some common sense. I have not digested the entire season for the girls. But I do know a couple of races where these teams ran head to head. Here are the ladies from the Troy Region.

Centerville barely beat Ursuline and Springboro. Springboro has been nipping Centerville's heals the last 3 weeks. Beavercreek has never beaten Ursuline or Springboro this year. So I am unsure how anyone has them ahead of those two teams in the state finals.
Beavercreek crushed Brunswick at the Midwest Meet of Champions when they won it. So I unsure how anyone has Brunswick ahead of Beavercreek. Brunswick should not be in the mix-They are at #2. Brunswick may not have made it to the state meet if they ran at Troy. They are at best the #4 team from the Troy region. Lakota East almost beat them at MMOC.

Troy girls region has the last 5-10 years dominated this meet. I would expect it to be a lot tighter with the Troy region more towards the upfront than middle. Troy girls also have a state runner-up from last year with everyone back. Unsure why they are not in the mix in these talks. Troy girls could surprise everyone. Especially since- they will have a 1-2- or 3 spot for their first in Gigandet. The rest of the team is not performing like last year.

Having never seen half the state race, I can't predict what they will do. But If you have Centerville winning... I would put Ursuline and Springboro within 30 points of Centerville. Springboro #3 girl usually is a solid #3 did not run well Saturday. With her running top 30 in the state Springboro should battle for that state runner-up spot.

Region Results- Unsure if people understand how close this really was. Ursuline is the real deal. Ursuline should be top 4 at worst.

1 Centerville 73
2 Ursuline Academy 89
3 Springboro 114
Great call, and congrats to the Lions.
Old 11-08-17, 05:00 PM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVMAN83 View Post
Great call, and congrats to the Lions.
It's funny. I called Ursuline as a strong team early in September, after the Mason Invite. EuclidandViren acknowledged that Ursuline was good but was a bit dismissive of the idea that the Lions could challenge Centerville.

This is from the Mason Invite thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
On the young women's side, Ursuline is looking really good. The also had 54 for the win. Call me crazy but this could be the year for them to challenge Centerville at Troy.
Quote:
Ursuline is good and will be in the mix. But they are far from Centerville. Unless you have 5 under 18:30 or 7 under 18:45 you have no shot at Centerville. They are a top 10 team in the country.

I would look for Mason, Beavercreek and Troy right with them come the regional. Springboro is also a possible top 5 team in the state.
Old 11-09-17, 09:37 AM
All Ohio

EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
It's funny. I called Ursuline as a strong team early in September, after the Mason Invite. EuclidandViren acknowledged that Ursuline was good but was a bit dismissive of the idea that the Lions could challenge Centerville.

This is from the Mason Invite thread:
100% agree.

What I didn't count on was Centerville choking and still winning the state meet. If you watched the state meet, I have never seen a team so upset after the state meet and so disappointed but WIN. It was truly amazing. The are running on very thin thread right now.

This hasn't been a thread or discussed at all on Yappi.

But is Centerville coached that well?

They have an influx of freshmen every year, but do these girls develop and get better or are they all getting worse?

I don't mean to throw kids or coaches under the bus, but Centerville has gotten worse this year from the beginning of the year. And they have everyone back from last year and many of the girls have gotten significantly worse. If it wasn't for a new STUD freshmen they would not have won the state meet.

It kind of reminds me of the Bowling Green teams that won 3 in row. Never heard of them until they had a bunch of girls move in. They won 3 in a row and now you never hear from them again. Was it just a class or a group of girls that moved in or did they just get a lucky streak?
Old 11-09-17, 09:55 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They have an influx of freshmen every year, but do these girls develop and get better or are they all getting worse?

I don't mean to throw kids or coaches under the bus, but Centerville has gotten worse this year from the beginning of the year. And they have everyone back from last year and many of the girls have gotten significantly worse. If it wasn't for a new STUD freshmen they would not have won the state meet.
I haven't followed Centerville as closely as I have in the past. Anyway, I'm not a fan of how they have not run the top 7 varsity runners in the district meet the past few years. I criticized the coach for that last year and I, perhaps deservedly so, received a fair amount of criticism for my comments. I guess if a team has the talent to do it they should go for it. I'm just wondering if, perhaps, that strategy almost backfired on them this year.

The other thing about female runners is how they mature. I have seen many runners that have their best seasons as freshmen & sophomores. Once they mature and become more "womanly" they are not as good. That's just nature and how it is. The same thing happens to gymnasts and other female athletes. It often can't be helped and has nothing to do with how they're coached.
Old 11-09-17, 11:44 AM
Freshman

JerryBaldwin is on a distinguished road
Wait a minute....I see no similarities between BG and Centerville. BG came out of nowhere to win a few team titles and has disappeared in the 10 years since. Centerville has been going to state meets since the turn of the century, and has multiple top tens in addition to the last 4 state titles. And to say that they only won because of a stud freshman?!...stud freshman happen all the time in girls CC - and those teams don't all win state titles. How about another way to spin this....to the program's credit, they didn't have their best day and still won. As far as not running their full varsity at districts: I believe another thread addressed coaches sitting out athletes from competition, and I think each coach knows their team best. I'm sure running this week at Nike enters into their season plan.
Old 11-09-17, 11:52 AM
Freshman

JerryBaldwin is on a distinguished road
Wait a minute....I see no similarities between BG and Centerville. BG came out of nowhere to win a few team titles and has disappeared in the 10 years since. Centerville has been going to state meets since the turn of the century, and has multiple top tens in addition to the last 4 state titles. And to say that they only won because of a stud freshman?!...stud freshman happen all the time in girls CC - and those teams don't all win state titles. How about another way to spin this....to the program's credit, they didn't have their best day and still won. As far as not running their full varsity at districts: I believe another thread addressed coaches sitting out athletes from competition, and I think each coach knows their team best. I'm sure running this week at Nike enters into their season plan.
Old 11-09-17, 03:32 PM
All World

Wait a minute.... I see....oops, that's been done.

Studebaker seemed to improve and they have 4 state championships as a team. "Choked" and still won a title. If that is the case, what did all those other teams do that they beat? How about someone beat them!