Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-18-17, 02:20 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Development Academy Updates in Cincinnati

The girls finally kicked off their inaugural season this past weekend, going 2-1-1 with their 4 teams. The boys are 3 weeks in and are 3-2-3 (12U scores aren't made public). What are people thoughts so far? Do we like the structure and format of the new girls DA in general? How do we think Cincinnati fits in with it. Has anyone been to any games? How do the boys look in what is essentially the DA juniors program? Has anyone seen the 12U kids play? Does it look like joining the DA will end up being a net positive for the CUP boys program? Same question for girls CUP and KHA, or is it too early to tell?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-17, 09:32 AM
All District

Dadforever is on a distinguished road
I don't have an answer to your questions, only to day that many if the best girls decided not to play DA, and are playing high school instead (not all).

Having already made college commitments, and college coaches telling them to have fun, they decided tri do just that.

I personally think they made the best decision, and also think the DA hubbub is just that.

Sent from mTalk
Old 09-20-17, 11:08 AM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadforever View Post
I don't have an answer to your questions, only to day that many if the best girls decided not to play DA, and are playing high school instead (not all).

Having already made college commitments, and college coaches telling them to have fun, they decided tri do just that.

I personally think they made the best decision, and also think the DA hubbub is just that.

Sent from mTalk
Since this is the boys side I'll say, tell that to Andrew Carlton and Josh Sargent.
Old 09-20-17, 11:46 AM
All District

Dadforever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Since this is the boys side I'll say, tell that to Andrew Carlton and Josh Sargent.
Your funny

Since neither young Mr Carleton (you might want to spell his name correctly), nor Mr Sargent had to make this decision - they went directly to the Pro Ranks - I would say either didn't understand my point, or you didn't understand the context.

Any girl, or any boy - that is planning on going to college (not play in the pro's - or for the national team), and already has made a commitment to play in college, should think about their High School experience (yes there are some terrible HS experiences), before blindly committing to a DA - especially a DA that has just started up.

You give up a lot by joining the DA for the sole purpose of going to college.

However, if you are so inclined, I have nothing against it, especially if you are so gifted that you likely will not even go to a traditional HS or college, and can go directly to the pro's or national team.
Old 09-20-17, 11:55 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadforever View Post
Your funny

Since neither young Mr Carleton (you might want to spell his name correctly), nor Mr Sargent had to make this decision - they went directly to the Pro Ranks - I would say either didn't understand my point, or you didn't understand the context.

Any girl, or any boy - that is planning on going to college (not play in the pro's - or for the national team), and already has made a commitment to play in college, should think about their High School experience (yes there are some terrible HS experiences), before blindly committing to a DA - especially a DA that has just started up.

You give up a lot by joining the DA for the sole purpose of going to college.

However, if you are so inclined, I have nothing against it, especially if you are so gifted that you likely will not even go to a traditional HS or college, and can go directly to the pro's or national team.
Since we are correcting spelling... it's "you're".

Wanna be the best you can be? Get the best looks from colleges and beyond? Are male? Can make a DA team?

If all those answers are yes, there's only one choice. If any aren't, then you have other options.

It's that simple.

Those boys you call exceptions are products of the kind of development young talent can receive through that program. On the boys side there is no substitute at all.

But there are tougher ways to achieve the same thing yes.

***EDIT Boys commit as juniors. There are very very few boys that join the DA AFTER committing to college. There are not zero however. At that point the DA can become a tool to sharpen your skills so you can get on the field sooner at the college of your choice. If you want to be the best, play the best. Otherwise, sure enjoy high school soccer, try not to get hurt.

Last edited by 2731; 09-20-17 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: just noticed.
Old 09-20-17, 01:40 PM
All World

This thread wasn't meant to start a debate on whether the DA is is good or bad compared to other avenues. It was simply to talk about how the two new DA programs in Cincinnati are doing so far, and how the girls program in general looks to be doing in its inaugural season. There's enough arguments over who's league is better, should you do it over high school, blah blah blah.
Old 09-20-17, 01:47 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
This thread wasn't meant to start a debate on whether the DA is is good or bad compared to other avenues. It was simply to talk about how the two new DA programs in Cincinnati are doing so far, and how the girls program in general looks to be doing in its inaugural season. There's enough arguments over who's league is better, should you do it over high school, blah blah blah.
You're right, I'm sorry.

But in my defense it's whip a dead horse day here on Yappi.
Old 09-20-17, 11:48 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
You're right, I'm sorry.

But in my defense it's whip a dead horse day here on Yappi.
It's all good. I just get tired of reading the same arguments over and over sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: