Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-14-17, 12:03 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,734
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
You'd be hard pressed to find a referee to hit the whistle and have the keeper play an IFK in his box (assuming location) instead of allowing him to punt the ball as his disposal.

Not trying to be picky, only making note since you referenced the flag popping more than once.
Yea, I get what he is saying but refs waive off offsides frequently especially when the keeper ends up with the ball and will be punting it out. So I am in agreement with you.

And as far as the kid laying on the ground...kids do that all the time after plays like this. Sometimes they are hurt for real like this kid. Sometimes its just their pride. Sometimes they are frustrated and take the moment to catch their breath and adjust their equipment. The keeper punted the ball inside of 6 seconds so it's not like he was laying there for a long period of time either.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #32  
Old 09-14-17, 04:01 PM
Mecha Mecha is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-04-17
Posts: 3
Mecha is on a distinguished road
As I watch the video, it was clearly offside and that should have been end of story with the game stopped for injury and free kick awarded to LW from offside location. I'm seeing that LW goalie punts the ball fairly quickly down field with the offside flag up and Mason player down...IMO there wasn't quite enough time for ref to determine if real injury prior to the punt. Regardless, the center ref and side ref should have consulted after play was blown dead and awarded LW a free kick at the offside location. That being said, you really can't fault Mason because they played the hand they were dealt.

Last edited by Mecha; 09-15-17 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: grammar Nazi
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-14-17, 04:22 PM
phatneff phatneff is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-08-04
Posts: 719
phatneff is on a distinguished road
It's offside. OFFSIDE!!! Not OFFSIDES!!!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-14-17, 08:53 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatneff View Post
It's offside. OFFSIDE!!! Not OFFSIDES!!!
Toe-mah-toe!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-15-17, 08:25 AM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 1,057
ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha View Post
Regardless, the center ref and side ref should have consulted after play was blown dead and awarded LW a free kick at the offside location.
I'm not so sure about that. I'd have a problem with awarding an IFK after the goalkeeper was already allowed to put the ball back into play.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-15-17, 08:43 AM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 620
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
I'm not so sure about that. I'd have a problem with awarding an IFK after the goalkeeper was already allowed to put the ball back into play.
Mason had the same thing happen in Oak Hills game. The ref explained that this is the rule in OHIO HS and gave Oak Hills a kick (which they defended)
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-15-17, 09:04 AM
oldtimer13579 oldtimer13579 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-07-17
Posts: 3
oldtimer13579 is on a distinguished road
The fact that people are saying this is unsportsmanlike is absurd. These KIDS are 15-18 years old. The REF is the one who should control the game. Video shows a substantial amount of time for LW to recover and defend that free kick. Reffing this year throughout the city has been abysmal. Both coaches and all players should know that at this point. Both Mason players and LW players had enough time to set up for the free kick. The fact that people are calling others out for being unsportsmanlike is just dumb. LW recovered nicely with a win and Mason kept things going with a win over East. Both have to play Sycamore still and anything can happen in the GMC. There should be no calling out of unsportsmanlike play by either teams or coaches. Literally ridiculous. If free kick doesn't go in, are we still having this conversation about unsportsmanlike play? absolutely not.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-15-17, 09:40 AM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 1,057
ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Mason had the same thing happen in Oak Hills game. The ref explained that this is the rule in OHIO HS and gave Oak Hills a kick (which they defended)
Did it happen the same way? Mason broke some sort of rule against Oak Hills that could have resulted in a free kick, but play was allowed to continue because of an advantage Oak Hills had, then a Mason player was injured so they decided to bring play back and restart the way they would have had the foul been whistled?

Or was Oak Hills given the restart simply because they were in possession of the ball?

That first situation seems completely incorrect if that's how it was applied.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-15-17, 09:58 AM
Chrisham Chrisham is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-17
Posts: 30
Chrisham is on a distinguished road
Lol, fair and square??

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Well, the video provided doesn't really support anything you are saying here in terms of the keeper.

In fact, after watching the video of what happened....I got to say, Mason won it fair & square.
Spoken like a true mason parent or coach. As a Moeller parent seeing the replay and talking with others, this was unsportsmanlike by the mason coach . The referee blew it too. How someone blames west for a free kick awarded fir NOTHING is amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-15-17, 10:01 AM
Chrisham Chrisham is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-17
Posts: 30
Chrisham is on a distinguished road
West was penalized for a "hurt" mason player. Anyone thinks thats fair and just needs their head's examined. Coach was unsportsmanlike...FACT. mason you got lucky!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-15-17, 10:06 AM
Chrisham Chrisham is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-17
Posts: 30
Chrisham is on a distinguished road
Steelbot, what foul are you referencing? Tyere was NO foul?? Mason took advantage of a horrible rule. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-15-17, 10:11 AM
oldtimer13579 oldtimer13579 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-07-17
Posts: 3
oldtimer13579 is on a distinguished road
Definition of sportsmanship. :conduct (such as fairness, respect for one's opponent, and graciousness in winning or losing) becoming to one participating in a sport.

Winning or losing...... Chrisham. we get it you guys lost. show some sportsmanship yourself.

It was a bad call by the ref, he lost control of the game, like in every high school game. In the video there was easily 3 minutes for West to set up and defend. Mason got a fortunate bounce on the free kick.

It is unfortunate but that is how many games are won. Bad calls, free kicks, lucky bounces.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-15-17, 10:32 AM
Chrisham Chrisham is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-17
Posts: 30
Chrisham is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer13579 View Post
Definition of sportsmanship. :conduct (such as fairness, respect for one's opponent, and graciousness in winning or losing) becoming to one participating in a sport.

Winning or losing...... Chrisham. we get it you guys lost. show some sportsmanship yourself.

It was a bad call by the ref, he lost control of the game, like in every high school game. In the video there was easily 3 minutes for West to set up and defend. Mason got a fortunate bounce on the free kick.

It is unfortunate but that is how many games are won. Bad calls, free kicks, lucky bounces.
It wasnt a bad call. Lol. The ref mismanaged the game. The call was correct though. Imagine this. Fifa rules. When a team kicks it out for a hurt player but the opposing team throws it to their own team and not back to the team that kicked it out. Unsportsmanlike. This was worse. They took a cheap shot at goal.
Im a Moeller parent. I have friends on both. Both sides ive talked to say it's wrong. Fact.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-15-17, 10:33 AM
Chrisham Chrisham is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-17
Posts: 30
Chrisham is on a distinguished road
Also, all parents saud he did a pretty good job. He never lost control???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-15-17, 11:04 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,734
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisham View Post
Spoken like a true mason parent or coach. As a Moeller parent seeing the replay and talking with others, this was unsportsmanlike by the mason coach . The referee blew it too. How someone blames west for a free kick awarded fir NOTHING is amazing.
LOL. No affiliation with any of the schools involved.

West goalie punted the ball before play was stopped. Mason had clear possession of the ball. Ref stopped play. Mason gets an IFK. And then they scored.

It was a fair play. You just don't like the outcome.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-15-17, 11:06 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,734
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisham View Post
It wasnt a bad call. Lol. The ref mismanaged the game. The call was correct though. Imagine this. Fifa rules. When a team kicks it out for a hurt player but the opposing team throws it to their own team and not back to the team that kicked it out. Unsportsmanlike. This was worse. They took a cheap shot at goal.
Im a Moeller parent. I have friends on both. Both sides ive talked to say it's wrong. Fact.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
EXCEPT the LW keeper never kicked it out for the injured player. He kicked it back into play.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-15-17, 11:14 AM
Chrisham Chrisham is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-17
Posts: 30
Chrisham is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
EXCEPT the LW keeper never kicked it out for the injured player. He kicked it back into play.
He doesn't have to? Why would he? I saw the video. The referee stared right at him an the injured player. Never blew whistle. The example kicking ball out was just a comparison to demonstrate game etiquette.
I would be ashamed to beat a team like that. West played horrible 2nd half, mason 1st half. The opportunity to take that kick shouldn't have been there. Once it was, mason should have not taken a direct approach to the goal.
Lots a wrong doing. But to say it's fair..lol. come on. Only a mason parent or coach would say that. The 2 mason parents i talked with even said it wasnt right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-15-17, 11:15 AM
Chrisham Chrisham is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-17
Posts: 30
Chrisham is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
LOL. No affiliation with any of the schools involved.

West goalie punted the ball before play was stopped. Mason had clear possession of the ball. Ref stopped play. Mason gets an IFK. And then they scored.

It was a fair play. You just don't like the outcome.
Fair? Lol..mason parent or coach in the house!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-15-17, 11:17 AM
Chrisham Chrisham is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-17
Posts: 30
Chrisham is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
LOL. No affiliation with any of the schools involved.

West goalie punted the ball before play was stopped. Mason had clear possession of the ball. Ref stopped play. Mason gets an IFK. And then they scored.

It was a fair play. You just don't like the outcome.
And you obviously have very little soccer knowledge to even think this was "fair"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-15-17, 11:19 AM
Chrisham Chrisham is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-15-17
Posts: 30
Chrisham is on a distinguished road
Watch out gmc... mason thinks this was fair...tell your kids to not point out an injured mason player or kivk it out if theyre injured.
Mason "plays by the rules"
They'll take the ball to win any way they can!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-15-17, 11:27 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,734
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Wow....all kind of butt hurt in here today. LOL. Again....not affiliated with any of these two teams. Not even any team in Cincy. I can truly look at the play objectively. You're mad because LW blew a 2-0 lead. And they defended that free kick really poorly.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-15-17, 11:30 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,734
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Also interesting that the video is no longer available...
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-15-17, 11:47 AM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Also interesting that the video is no longer available...
Tough to garner sympathy with photographic evidence. Wall papering protest is much more effective.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-15-17, 12:03 PM
soref soref is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-14-06
Posts: 375
soref is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Also interesting that the video is no longer available...
Yep, I tried to view it first thing this morning and it wasn't available.
I would be interested in seeing it just to see how the referee handled the situation and if something could be learned from it for other referees in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-15-17, 12:19 PM
phatneff phatneff is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-08-04
Posts: 719
phatneff is on a distinguished road
Here we go.........I was the center referee here. I was told that we referees shouldn't be on this site, but that's just not who I am. So let me just run down what actually happened instead of all of that he said/she said stuff.

The ball was played into the box and contact was made. The Mason player goes down as the keeper has the ball in his hands. Knowing how high school
players go down and get back up all the time, I decided to let the game play on as I kept an eye on him. Someone mentioned the offside flag was up. You're right, I didn't look at it. Wanna know why? Because the keeper had the ball in his hands. 9.9 times out of 10, a referee will not call offside for an IDK when the keeper has many options with possession of the ball. At any rate, the ball was punted out and play continued. When I saw that the player wasn't getting up, I turned to see what was happening with play. I saw that Mason had control of the ball so I blew the whistle and went to check on the injured player. He got up and was walking but he was physically injured. I stopped the clock and allowed the substitution.

Now, here is where everyone seems to have an issue and exclaims that the game was mismanaged. By OHSAA Rule, when play is stopped due to an injury, it is supposed to be a drop ball situation, UNLESS a player has clear possession. In this case, the Mason player had clear possession. Therefore, an IDK. The rest is what you already know.

Now again, questions arose about why wasn't play stopped when the keeper had the ball and why was it stopped when the Mason player had the ball. I partially explained it above, but let me further explain. If the punted ball would have made it to the opposing end and play continued down there, I would have allowed play continue as I still kept an eye on the injured player to see if he would get up. Most likely by that time, but I'm not going to assume, the ball would have been kicked out of play so the injured player could be attended to. However, since play was continuing on West's side of the field with Mason beginning an attack, I needed to stop the play then because it becomes a safety issue, as I explained to West's coach. If attacking play continued with an injured player in the penalty area, you risk the situation of further injury or injury to another player as more players enter the area without paying attention to the injured player. That was a risk that I didn't want to take, so I stopped play at that time. If you noticed in the video, for those that saw it, the Mason player in control got upset for me stopping play while he was in possession and beginning his attack. At that point, the assumption was i screwed Mason from a possible goal scoring opportunity, but that's a poor assumption, too. Before the restart, a couple of the Mason players (or maybe just one), most likely one was the kicker of the restart, asked me if he should kick it back to West's keeper. I specifically said to them that I cannot tell them what to do or how to play the ball. That is not my job to do. So what happened was a choice they made on their own. You can debate about whether it was the right thing to do or not all day long. I don't really care either way.

The bottom line is that I feel I made the correct call according to OHSAA rules and in looking after the safety of the players. Referees NEVER decide a match. We aren't the ones that are playing the game. How it was thought that I mismanaged the game is beyond me, but because I'm a high school referee, I must fit into that abysmal category automatically.

If you have anymore questions about it or want to berate me some more, please send me a PM instead of doing it on this thread. There is nothing more to say about the scores from 9/12.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-15-17, 01:07 PM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 1,057
ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
No problem with the explanation, and no problem with Mason scoring from the restart.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-15-17, 01:18 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,734
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soref View Post
Yep, I tried to view it first thing this morning and it wasn't available.
I would be interested in seeing it just to see how the referee handled the situation and if something could be learned from it for other referees in the future.
Phatneff's explanation is pretty much how I remember it in the video. Others have suggested the LW keeper looked at the center ref, AR, and Mason's injured player basically waiting for them to do something. I just didn't see that in the video at all. I even replayed it to watch how fast he punted the ball and he did so in about 5 seconds. This included him getting off the ground after securing the ball.

I think the people complaining about that play are really more upset about the outcome of the game. In other words, their team lost.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-15-17, 01:21 PM
soref soref is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-14-06
Posts: 375
soref is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatneff View Post
Here we go.........I was the center referee here. I was told that we referees shouldn't be on this site, but that's just not who I am. So let me just run down what actually happened instead of all of that he said/she said stuff.

The ball was played into the box and contact was made. The Mason player goes down as the keeper has the ball in his hands. Knowing how high school
players go down and get back up all the time, I decided to let the game play on as I kept an eye on him. Someone mentioned the offside flag was up. You're right, I didn't look at it. Wanna know why? Because the keeper had the ball in his hands. 9.9 times out of 10, a referee will not call offside for an IDK when the keeper has many options with possession of the ball. At any rate, the ball was punted out and play continued. When I saw that the player wasn't getting up, I turned to see what was happening with play. I saw that Mason had control of the ball so I blew the whistle and went to check on the injured player. He got up and was walking but he was physically injured. I stopped the clock and allowed the substitution.

Now, here is where everyone seems to have an issue and exclaims that the game was mismanaged. By OHSAA Rule, when play is stopped due to an injury, it is supposed to be a drop ball situation, UNLESS a player has clear possession. In this case, the Mason player had clear possession. Therefore, an IDK. The rest is what you already know.

Now again, questions arose about why wasn't play stopped when the keeper had the ball and why was it stopped when the Mason player had the ball. I partially explained it above, but let me further explain. If the punted ball would have made it to the opposing end and play continued down there, I would have allowed play continue as I still kept an eye on the injured player to see if he would get up. Most likely by that time, but I'm not going to assume, the ball would have been kicked out of play so the injured player could be attended to. However, since play was continuing on West's side of the field with Mason beginning an attack, I needed to stop the play then because it becomes a safety issue, as I explained to West's coach. If attacking play continued with an injured player in the penalty area, you risk the situation of further injury or injury to another player as more players enter the area without paying attention to the injured player. That was a risk that I didn't want to take, so I stopped play at that time. If you noticed in the video, for those that saw it, the Mason player in control got upset for me stopping play while he was in possession and beginning his attack. At that point, the assumption was i screwed Mason from a possible goal scoring opportunity, but that's a poor assumption, too. Before the restart, a couple of the Mason players (or maybe just one), most likely one was the kicker of the restart, asked me if he should kick it back to West's keeper. I specifically said to them that I cannot tell them what to do or how to play the ball. That is not my job to do. So what happened was a choice they made on their own. You can debate about whether it was the right thing to do or not all day long. I don't really care either way.

The bottom line is that I feel I made the correct call according to OHSAA rules and in looking after the safety of the players. Referees NEVER decide a match. We aren't the ones that are playing the game. How it was thought that I mismanaged the game is beyond me, but because I'm a high school referee, I must fit into that abysmal category automatically.

If you have anymore questions about it or want to berate me some more, please send me a PM instead of doing it on this thread. There is nothing more to say about the scores from 9/12.

Sounds like it was managed exactly the way that it was supposed to be managed.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-15-17, 03:37 PM
steelboot steelboot is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-16-12
Posts: 158
steelboot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Lol. Ok man whatever you say.
Says the clown with 2731 as his screen name. Must be a Mason parent and I think I know which one!!!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-15-17, 04:00 PM
steelboot steelboot is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-16-12
Posts: 158
steelboot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatneff View Post
Here we go.........I was the center referee here. I was told that we referees shouldn't be on this site, but that's just not who I am. So let me just run down what actually happened instead of all of that he said/she said stuff.

The ball was played into the box and contact was made. The Mason player goes down as the keeper has the ball in his hands. Knowing how high school
players go down and get back up all the time, I decided to let the game play on as I kept an eye on him. Someone mentioned the offside flag was up. You're right, I didn't look at it. Wanna know why? Because the keeper had the ball in his hands. 9.9 times out of 10, a referee will not call offside for an IDK when the keeper has many options with possession of the ball. At any rate, the ball was punted out and play continued. When I saw that the player wasn't getting up, I turned to see what was happening with play. I saw that Mason had control of the ball so I blew the whistle and went to check on the injured player. He got up and was walking but he was physically injured. I stopped the clock and allowed the substitution.

Now, here is where everyone seems to have an issue and exclaims that the game was mismanaged. By OHSAA Rule, when play is stopped due to an injury, it is supposed to be a drop ball situation, UNLESS a player has clear possession. In this case, the Mason player had clear possession. Therefore, an IDK. The rest is what you already know.

Now again, questions arose about why wasn't play stopped when the keeper had the ball and why was it stopped when the Mason player had the ball. I partially explained it above, but let me further explain. If the punted ball would have made it to the opposing end and play continued down there, I would have allowed play continue as I still kept an eye on the injured player to see if he would get up. Most likely by that time, but I'm not going to assume, the ball would have been kicked out of play so the injured player could be attended to. However, since play was continuing on West's side of the field with Mason beginning an attack, I needed to stop the play then because it becomes a safety issue, as I explained to West's coach. If attacking play continued with an injured player in the penalty area, you risk the situation of further injury or injury to another player as more players enter the area without paying attention to the injured player. That was a risk that I didn't want to take, so I stopped play at that time. If you noticed in the video, for those that saw it, the Mason player in control got upset for me stopping play while he was in possession and beginning his attack. At that point, the assumption was i screwed Mason from a possible goal scoring opportunity, but that's a poor assumption, too. Before the restart, a couple of the Mason players (or maybe just one), most likely one was the kicker of the restart, asked me if he should kick it back to West's keeper. I specifically said to them that I cannot tell them what to do or how to play the ball. That is not my job to do. So what happened was a choice they made on their own. You can debate about whether it was the right thing to do or not all day long. I don't really care either way.

The bottom line is that I feel I made the correct call according to OHSAA rules and in looking after the safety of the players. Referees NEVER decide a match. We aren't the ones that are playing the game. How it was thought that I mismanaged the game is beyond me, but because I'm a high school referee, I must fit into that abysmal category automatically.

If you have anymore questions about it or want to berate me some more, please send me a PM instead of doing it on this thread. There is nothing more to say about the scores from 9/12.
I specifically said in my original novel that you did a good job that night up until that point. Again we all get that it is the HS rule even if it is the dumbest rule we have ever seen. I also stated that Mason's Coach shares in the culpability of the debacle, he should have directed his player(s) to play backwards and then resume action. I do not buy your offside decision (that was your life line out of the situation) as you could have discussed with your AR during the stoppage and brought the play back to a West IDK inside their 18. It was an unfortunate domino effect of bad decisions leading to more bad decisions leading to unsportsmanlike play. I won't even mention the 10+ yards Mason moved the ball forward from your original stoppage. The video evidence is out there and it is indisputable.

Now that being said I actually hope you get to do more West games because I honestly think you are one of the better HS refs I've seen. Most are God awful.

Here is what I propose we all do instead of dogging each other on this website. Everyone contact NFHS with their complaints about this ridiculous rule and tell them they do NOT know the game better than the FIFA Laws Committee. This rule has no place in the greatest game on earth and the Mason vs. Lakota West game on 9/12 proved it!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Girls Soccer Scores (9/12) Yappi Girls Soccer 8 09-13-17 07:28 AM
Boys Soccer Scores (9/5) Yappi Boys Soccer 23 09-08-17 07:30 AM
Boys Soccer Scores (9/6) Yappi Boys Soccer 3 09-06-17 08:08 PM
Boys Soccer Scores (9/2) Yappi Boys Soccer 15 09-04-17 09:57 PM
Boys Soccer Scores (8/21) Yappi Boys Soccer 5 08-22-17 09:04 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz