Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-10-17, 08:20 PM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOhioRiverbat View Post
Coaches inherit schedules from former coaches. Let's face it, Anderson had zero success until Jones took over. Since then they've added teams like X, Moeller and Mason. Are there still weak teams on their schedule? Yes. But they beat them like they should. They're as good as anyone.
No they aren't. They are a self promotion machine through stats gained by playing lesser competition. They are currently comparing themselves to Moeller through number of "Wins" because head-to-head doesn't work so well.

In a city that loves the Bengals.... It's par. One and done as soon they play someone real. It's a pile of hype with nothing to back it up... Every year.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-17, 08:26 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_phan View Post
They probably could've scheduled a tougher opponent than Mariemont yesterday but they've got as much chance as anyone come tournament time.
Since everyone gets in the tournament, this is technically true. However, they fall to the first top 5 team they face. Yes if they get a draw like last year they can win district.... Draw was laughable. They won't beat the first Dayton team they see if they even make it that far.
Old 09-10-17, 08:33 PM
All District

SWOhioRiverbat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Since everyone gets in the tournament, this is technically true. However, they fall to the first top 5 team they face. Yes if they get a draw like last year they can win district.... Draw was laughable. They won't beat the first Dayton team they see if they even make it that far.
They beat Springboro 4-0.
Old 09-10-17, 08:34 PM
All District

Quote:
They beat Springboro 4-0.
That's not the Dayton team they will see in the tournament this year... Just keep drinking the cool aide dude.

Stats are everything....

I'll say I told ya so when the show is over. It will be early.
Old 09-10-17, 08:38 PM
All District

SWOhioRiverbat is on a distinguished road
Until we see them play a Beavercreek it's hard to say they won't compete. GMC and GCL will always reign supreme in Ohio. Nice to see an ECC team that competes and beats them. Been a while.
Old 09-10-17, 08:41 PM
All District

Quote:
Until we see them play a Beavercreek it's hard to say they won't compete. GMC and GCL will always reign supreme in Ohio. Nice to see an ECC team that competes and beats them. Been a while.
You sound like those folks that say Summit can compete with most D1 schools.

It's all true. But it means nothing when you're done early. All the hype and the articles and posturing... Are just over. Till next year. Go Bengals.

And Cincinnati schools hardly reign supreme... This is soccer.
Old 09-10-17, 08:58 PM
All District

Cincy_Futbol is on a distinguished road
uhh... St. X beats Iggy, Mason ties Iggy, Beavercreek ties St. Charles, Moeller beats Mason, Anderson beats St. X... City is wide open. It's soccer, but Cincinnati is strong across the board this year.
Old 09-10-17, 09:01 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy_Futbol View Post
uhh... St. X beats Iggy, Mason ties Iggy, Beavercreek ties St. Charles, Moeller beats Mason, Anderson beats St. X... City is wide open. It's soccer, but Cincinnati is strong across the board this year.
I hope this proves to be true near the end. Parity does not equal prowess... And this Iggy isn't the Iggy of the last 5 years... So while we all pat each other on the back, I hope at least one team doesn't rest on their score line against Iggy.
Old 09-10-17, 09:04 PM
All District

Cincy_Futbol is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I hope this proves to be true near the end. Parity does not equal prowess... And this Iggy isn't the Iggy of the last 5 years... So while we all pat each other on the back, I hope at least one team doesn't rest on their score line against Iggy.
Agreed.
Old 09-10-17, 09:14 PM
All District

Ilsco is on a distinguished road
Not that Mariemont is on the same level as X or Mason, but Mariemont did give Anderson a better game than X. (And I think scored more goals against them than anyone else). Just because a school is smaller does not necessarily mean they are weak (see SCD)
Old 09-10-17, 09:19 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilsco View Post
Not that Mariemont is on the same level as X or Mason, but Mariemont did give Anderson a better game than X. (And I think scored more goals against them than anyone else). Just because a school is smaller does not necessarily mean they are weak (see SCD)
Right on que.
Old 09-10-17, 09:21 PM
All District

Ilsco is on a distinguished road

Probably because Summit can compete with most D1 schools. Either you don't know much about soccer or you have some sort of daddy complex with Anderson. Over the past 3 years Summit is a top 10 team in the state, regardless of division.
Old 09-11-17, 07:51 AM
All District

Quote:

Probably because Summit can compete with most D1 schools. Either you don't know much about soccer or you have some sort of daddy complex with Anderson. Over the past 3 years Summit is a top 10 team in the state, regardless of division.
If they competed in D1 they would not be a top 10 school. Again, lets all get stats against lesser competition and call that quality. It's a tradition after all.

You've got a lot of pride tied up in that dude. Might wanna stop projecting the complex stuff.

There was thread that was posted right after schedules came out by a Moeller fan (I think) that was looking at their schedule wondering if they would survive. The schedule looked daunting then but it was an impressive gauntlet of non conference games.

Look what they did with it. Schools wanting to compare to that, should play that... period.

And no, I don't have a kid there. I'm just duly impressed. Everyone should be.

Last edited by 2731; 09-11-17 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: More info
Old 09-11-17, 10:34 AM
Varsity

Bearcat_phan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I didnt intend to imply they were weak ....just commenting to the fact that it would have been an opportunity for them to play a team that is perennially among the top in the city. That being said, I get the fact that some of these are yearly opponents that have been in place for awhile.
Old 09-11-17, 11:07 AM
All American

ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If they competed in D1 they would not be a top 10 school. Again, lets all get stats against lesser competition and call that quality. It's a tradition after all.
Let's take a look to see if that's true.

SCD - 2
Cov Cath - 0

SCD - 6
Elder - 0

SCD - 12
Northmont - 1

SCD - 5
Elder - 2

SCD - 8
Sycamore - 1

SCD - 3
Springboro - 1

SCD - 1
Elder - 2

SCD - 5
Cov Cath - 3

I included Cov Cath because they play several Ohio D1 schools. In the last 3 years, then, SCD has lost to Elder once and won their other 7 matches by a combined 41-8 GD.
Old 09-11-17, 11:15 AM
All Ohio

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
I think the past few years Summit would have competed just fine. (They beat Elder this past weekend 6-0)
Old 09-11-17, 11:37 AM
All District

Play the schedule... then we'd see.
Old 09-11-17, 11:43 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Are you talking in the state or just in Cincy?

If you're talking just in Cincy, you're being silly.

If you're talking in the state, I still think SCD would be a top 10 team.
Old 09-11-17, 11:44 AM
All American

Quote:
This is obviously impossible. Aside from the league, Summit has shown very well in their out of conference scheduling.

A point cannot be argued by simply creating an impossible hypothetical situation. If you have a bone to pick with a school, you might as well be honest about it. If not, doubting them because they haven't done something that is literally impossible seems childish.
Old 09-11-17, 11:53 AM
Varsity

Bearcat_phan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I hardly think their drawl last year was laughable...Lakota East was a very good team last season as they spent most of the year in the top 5 of the city ...I remember they beat Centerville 5-1 but they faded at the end for whatever reason. They also beat an Elder team that got hot at the right time....took them OT to win that regional match. Think you've got such a distain for Anderson that you don't evaluate them fairly.
Old 09-11-17, 12:09 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
This is obviously impossible. Aside from the league, Summit has shown very well in their out of conference scheduling.

A point cannot be argued by simply creating an impossible hypothetical situation. If you have a bone to pick with a school, you might as well be honest about it. If not, doubting them because they haven't done something that is literally impossible seems childish.
Elder was 6-9 in '16. Have not won a game yet in '17.

Covington Catholic isn't comparable just because they play a few Cinci schools, they wouldn't be a top 10 D1 school here either.

Northmont was 8-8. Schedule isn't trivial. Grind is real.

All I said was SCD would fall out of the top ten if they had a real schedule. I didn't say they wouldn't win some games. But their record and scores would be much different with a meatier schedule.

Because they kill the entire D3 membership, they get bonus points in polls. Those would be harder to come by with weekly challenges.

I mean the City top 10 as well. They would have no chance at all in the state at large.

***Edit... I will say this for Cov Cath. At least they petitioned to compete 5A in Ky.

Last edited by 2731; 09-11-17 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: props for Cov Cath
Old 09-11-17, 12:14 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_phan View Post
I hardly think their drawl last year was laughable...Lakota East was a very good team last season as they spent most of the year in the top 5 of the city ...I remember they beat Centerville 5-1 but they faded at the end for whatever reason. They also beat an Elder team that got hot at the right time....took them OT to win that regional match. Think you've got such a distain for Anderson that you don't evaluate them fairly.
Again... Elder was 6-9. I might be selling East short but that's the only game.
Old 09-11-17, 01:20 PM
All American

Quote:
Because they kill the entire D3 membership, they get bonus points in polls. Those would be harder to come by with weekly challenges.

I mean the City top 10 as well. They would have no chance at all in the state at large.
What polls?

Brilliant. Picking and choosing which games you care about. I posted every D1 game. Sycamore won the GMC last year. SCD beat them 8-1. There is clearly an underlying problem you have with Summit, and it's not their schedule. Again, just be honest about it.
Old 09-11-17, 01:34 PM
All District

Quote:
What polls?

Brilliant. Picking and choosing which games you care about. I posted every D1 game. Sycamore won the GMC last year. SCD beat them 8-1. There is clearly an underlying problem you have with Summit, and it's not their schedule. Again, just be honest about it.
Lol... Nope I didn't mention it because it was legit. So was the 2015 Elder score. But what I did mention significantly reduced the power of your example. You got 2 games in 3 years.

Now you think I'm just mean... lol ok whatevs.
Old 09-11-17, 01:38 PM
All American

Quote:
Lol... Nope I didn't mention it because it was legit. So was the 2015 Elder score. But what I did mention significantly reduced the power of your example.

Now you think I'm just mean... lol ok whatevs.
I don't care if you're mean. I just thought it was odd that you glossed over a team that beat the GMC champion 8-1 last year. Were there circumstances that would otherwise explain a 7 goal win against a team that didn't lose a game by a worse margin all season?
Old 09-11-17, 01:40 PM
All District

Quote:
I don't care if you're mean. I just thought it was odd that you glossed over a team that beat the GMC champion 8-1 last year. Were there circumstances that would otherwise explain a 7 goal win against a team that didn't lose a game by a worse margin all season?
It's one game. I have no idea of the circumstance. But it's just one game.
Old 09-11-17, 01:48 PM
All Yappi

SCD also beat regional finalist Springboro 3-1 last year.
Old 09-11-17, 01:53 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
SCD also beat regional finalist Springboro 3-1 last year.
I guess that makes Springboro better than Sycamore eh?

Here's a cool question...

What if SCD had to play Moeller, Sycamore and Springboro in consecutive games?

I wonder what the scores would be like then?

Last edited by 2731; 09-11-17 at 02:04 PM..
Old 09-11-17, 02:19 PM
All District

Here's another question (that you probably won't like or understand...)

What if the divisions for soccer were organized by average income instead of enrollment? What would the scores look like then? Would the records look different? The stats would be getting racked up by much different teams across the board. Would your perception of who's good be different?

Soccer is pay to play in the US right?
Old 09-11-17, 02:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I guess that makes Springboro better than Sycamore eh?

Here's a cool question...

What if SCD had to play Moeller, Sycamore and Springboro in consecutive games?

I wonder what the scores would be like then?
Since Springboro beat the team that knocked Sycamore out of the tournament, I would say yes.

I think SCD played Springboro, Sycamore, & Cov. Catholic in a 1 week period last year. They also had a fourth game squeezed in there that was a blowout. So my best guess is if they had to play Moeller, Sycamore, & Springboro in consecutive games the scores would be close. Similar to that one week stretch (minus the blowout against Sycamore) last season.

I haven't seen them yet this year. I don't think they are as good as last year but they graduated a ton so that would make sense. Maybe the results will be different this year.

You're obviously mad about something. What I have no idea, but denying the facts isn't helping your case. They have demonstrated they can compete with the top D1 teams in the area.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: