Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-01-17, 02:13 PM
Varsity

Cincy_Futbol is on a distinguished road
Week 8 Games of Note

Lakota West vs. Sycamore
Beavercreek vs. Elder
Centerville vs. St. Xavier
Moeller vs. Fairfield
SCD vs. Springboro

Some good games involving Dayton this week. Thoughts? Any games I missed?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-17, 09:45 AM
Varsity

Bearcat_phan is on a distinguished road
Beavercreek 3 Elder 0
Centerville 1 StX 3
Moeller 3 Fairfield 1
SCD 3 Springboro 0
Old 10-03-17, 10:02 AM
All Region

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Lakota West vs. Sycamore
Beavercreek vs. Elder
Moeller vs. Fairfield
SCD vs. Springboro

Syc 2 - LW 1 (is Syc able to contain LW goal scorer)
Beavercreek 3- Elder 0 (too much firepower)
St X 3 CVille 1
Moeller 2 Fairfield 1 (interesting matchup- could be a tie but Moeller keeps getting(making) the breaks in the close ones)
SCD 2 - Boro 0 (if physical play doesn't take some of key SCDs players out of game.
Old 10-05-17, 11:30 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Lakota West vs. Sycamore
Beavercreek vs. Elder
Moeller vs. Fairfield
SCD vs. Springboro

St X 3 CVille 1
Moeller 2 Fairfield 1 (interesting matchup- could be a tie but Moeller keeps getting(making) the breaks in the close ones)
SCD 2 - Boro 0 (if physical play doesn't take some of key SCDs players out of game.
I Think Fairfield will mail in the game against Moeller much like they did against Turpin. Heard they rested a number of starters last Saturday vs Turpin as they’re focused on winning the GMC. Their focus will be on their matchup with Mason next week. For this reason I think Moeller wins this game easy.
Old 10-05-17, 04:05 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_phan View Post
I Think Fairfield will mail in the game against Moeller much like they did against Turpin. Heard they rested a number of starters last Saturday vs Turpin as they’re focused on winning the GMC. Their focus will be on their matchup with Mason next week. For this reason I think Moeller wins this game easy.
I agree 100% with this. The simple fact is that the Indians haven't won the GMC since 2010 and the opportunity to win the league outright with a victory against Mason (no easy task) has to be the focus of FF. Last Saturday FF rested some players and played other kids out of position and I suspect they'll repeat that again this Saturday.
Old 10-05-17, 04:42 PM
All American

SirStanley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I agree 100% with this. The simple fact is that the Indians haven't won the GMC since 2010 and the opportunity to win the league outright with a victory against Mason (no easy task) has to be the focus of FF. Last Saturday FF rested some players and played other kids out of position and I suspect they'll repeat that again this Saturday.
Were these rested players banged up? I know that the NBA has started to do this regularly. With my teams, I can't remember ever resting a player who was able to play. Not saying either way is right or wrong, but I'm curious.
Old 10-05-17, 06:56 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirStanley View Post
Were these rested players banged up? I know that the NBA has started to do this regularly. With my teams, I can't remember ever resting a player who was able to play. Not saying either way is right or wrong, but I'm curious.
No idea, I just go to the home games and enjoy the show - though I will be going to the Mason away game. I do know that FF played their top 2 offensive weapons for only a half and in defenders positions. It looked to me like the coach was taking an opportunity to play a lot of kids who hadn't seen much playing time during the season as well as get some younger kids varsity experience.
Old 10-05-17, 08:23 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Lakota West vs. Sycamore
Beavercreek vs. Elder
Moeller vs. Fairfield
SCD vs. Springboro

St X 3 CVille 1
Didn’t want to predict the LW game earlier this week. Sycamore has a good team as they’ve only lost 2 games this season but they were shaky on defense much of this game which was surprising being they’ve not given up many goals this season. They’ve got a talented group so it was a good win for Lakota West going into the tournament draw.
Old 10-05-17, 08:29 PM
Varsity

Quote:
No idea, I just go to the home games and enjoy the show - though I will be going to the Mason away game. I do know that FF played their top 2 offensive weapons for only a half and in defenders positions. It looked to me like the coach was taking an opportunity to play a lot of kids who hadn't seen much playing time during the season as well as get some younger kids varsity experience.
They had two defensive starters get hurt in the LW game on Thursday night so with the quick turn on Saturday I think the coach made the right decision. They got the job done against LE on Tuesday and set themselves up to win the GMC next week. I could see a similar play on Saturday....hopefully they can take it to Mason next week.
Old 10-05-17, 09:02 PM
All American

SirStanley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thank you, lotr10. Will be paying attention next week as well. Has been a great season to this point for Fairfield.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: