Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-02-17, 09:16 AM
Junior Varsity

3343 is on a distinguished road
10/2 State Poll

BOYS DIVISION I
1. Olentangy Liberty (Powell) 9-0-1 100
2. Coffman (Dublin) 11-0-2 81
3. Beavercreek 8-0-2 77
4. Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati) 9-1-1 68
5. St. Francis DeSales (Toledo) 8-0-2 55
6. St. Ignatius (Cleveland) 8-2-1 51
7. Medina 8-1-2 38
8. Carroll (Dayton) 10-0-1 37
9. Anderson (Cincinnati) 12-1-0 26
10. Olmsted Falls 10-1-0 11
Receiving votes: Anthony Wayne (Whitehouse), Wadsworth, Centerville, St. Charles Prep School (Columbus), Wooster

BOYS DIVISION II
1. St. Francis DeSales (Columbus) 10-0-1 91
2. Revere (Richfield) 9-1-2 81
3. Rocky River 11-1-0 67
4. Archbishop Alter (Kettering) 8-2-3 57
5. Lakeview (Cortland) 10-1-0 40
6. Tippecanoe (Tipp City) 12-1-1 33
7. Bexley (Columbus) 9-0-2 29
8. Elida 11-0-0 26
River View (Warsaw) 12-0-0 26
10. Wyoming (Cincinnati) 7-2-4 18
Receiving votes: Vermilion, Aurora, Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy (Cuyahoga Falls), Alexander (Albany), Archbishop McNicholas (Cincinnati), Granville, Kenton, Howland (Warren), Hubbard, Bellbrook, Marlington (Alliance)

BOYS DIVISION III
1. Summit Country Day School (Cincinnati) 8-2-1 99
2. Ottawa Hills 12-0-1 88
3. Grandview Heights (Columbus) 8-0-3 73
4. Independence 12-0-0 72
5. Dayton Christian School 8-2-0 60
6. Archbold 10-1-1 40
7. Cincinnati Country Day School 9-1-2 39
8. Worthington Christian School 5-3-3 22
9. Mansfield Christian School 7-4-0 17
10. Mariemont (Cincinnati) 4-3-3 14
Receiving votes: Hiland (Berlin), Bethel (Tipp City), Northwest (McDermott), The Wellington School (Columbus), Western Reserve Academy (Hudson)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-17, 09:41 AM
Varsity

Bearcat_phan is on a distinguished road
So beating Badin 7-0 vaulted Carroll over Anderson who beat a good Turpin team last week? I think the top 7-8 schools in Cincinnati would have an equivalent record to Carroll if they played that schedule. Looking forward to seeing them actually playing D1 schools in the tournament.
Old 10-03-17, 10:07 AM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_phan View Post
So beating Badin 7-0 vaulted Carroll over Anderson who beat a good Turpin team last week? I think the top 7-8 schools in Cincinnati would have an equivalent record to Carroll if they played that schedule. Looking forward to seeing them actually playing D1 schools in the tournament.
I have no doubt that Carroll could handle Anderson's "schedule".
Old 10-03-17, 10:28 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
I’ve not seen them but their schedule isn’t nearly as competitive as Anderson’s as much as you like to hate on them they’ve at least played a handful of good opponents. Can’t say the same for Carroll.
Old 10-03-17, 10:28 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's just a poll. No need to get bent out of shape about it. Maybe they will cross paths in the tournament.
Old 10-03-17, 10:40 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
It's just a poll. No need to get bent out of shape about it. Maybe they will cross paths in the tournament.
I’m not bent out of shape....just questioning the validity of it....all the other schools that I know of are deserving as they’ve got the record with a challenging schedule...Carroll doesn’t.
Old 10-03-17, 10:58 AM
All District

Quote:
I’ve not seen them but their schedule isn’t nearly as competitive as Anderson’s as much as you like to hate on them they’ve at least played a handful of good opponents. Can’t say the same for Carroll.
Since we like comparing shared opponents on Yappi...

Carroll beat McNick 6-0. Anderson 2-1.

Under traditional logic that makes Carroll better.
Old 10-03-17, 11:00 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I’m not bent out of shape....just questioning the validity of it....all the other schools that I know of are deserving as they’ve got the record with a challenging schedule...Carroll doesn’t.
You kind of seem like it.....Carroll has history on their side. Anderson doesn't. That's all.
Old 10-03-17, 11:19 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Since we like comparing shared opponents on Yappi...

Carroll beat McNick 6-0. Anderson 2-1.

Under traditional logic that makes Carroll better.
Under that same logic Anderson beat Springboro 4-0 and Carroll tied them 2-2 so then Anderson is better.

Point is that if you play a challenging schedule there’s a good chance you’ll have a few blemishes. Carroll just doesn’t have that schedule like all the other D1 teams Dayton and Cincinnati. It doesn’t mean they’re not good....I’m just saying their resume isn’t as good as Anderson’s so the fact they’re ranked higher doesn’t equate.
Old 10-03-17, 11:31 AM
All Yappi

You're worrying about the wrong thing. If Anderson is really one spot better in the hierarchy of the d1 landscape, prove it on the field. Either beat them head to head if you get a chance to play in the tournament or just go farther than they do if you don't.

Anderson has a couple tough games on their schedule. They also have some cupcakes (probably league games). Same goes for Carroll. Carroll was just moved to D1 so they didn't have time to beef up their schedule. I am sure they will.
Old 10-03-17, 01:13 PM
Freshman

atownsportsfan is on a distinguished road
For all of those hating on Anderson's schedule:

Yes it is not the best schedule. It isn't horrendous though. Anderson is locked in to 8 games every single year. 7 ECC opponents, where most of the cupcakes come from, and McNick as part of King of the Hill. That leaves them 8 other regular season games to schedule.

Some of the teams that have been added to Anderson's schedule since Jones took over include Mason, Moeller, St. X, Cov Cath, and Springboro. To be fair, he's added a couple other teams that are not as strong. The 8 games Anderson scheduled this year were Middletown, St. X, Moeller, Springboro, Mariemont, Cov Cath, Wyoming, and Lebanon. In addition, they also scrimmaged 8 teams: Colerain, La Salle, Lakota East, Fairfield, Elder, Sycamore, Summit, and Mason. I know scrimmages don't count and aren't as important as regular season games for obvious reasons, but they still prepare your team for the playoffs.

Counting scrimmages and regular season games, Anderson will have played 7 of the top 10 D-1 teams, the top 2 D-3 teams, the top team in NKY, and the top D-2 team. Sucks they are in the ECC but I think Anderson's schedule isn't as bad as people are saying. Obviously I'm biased and their schedule isn't the best, but all things considered its not horrible.
Old 10-03-17, 02:00 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by atownsportsfan View Post
For all of those hating on Anderson's schedule:

Yes it is not the best schedule. It isn't horrendous though. Anderson is locked in to 8 games every single year. 7 ECC opponents, where most of the cupcakes come from, and McNick as part of King of the Hill. That leaves them 8 other regular season games to schedule.

Some of the teams that have been added to Anderson's schedule since Jones took over include Mason, Moeller, St. X, Cov Cath, and Springboro. To be fair, he's added a couple other teams that are not as strong. The 8 games Anderson scheduled this year were Middletown, St. X, Moeller, Springboro, Mariemont, Cov Cath, Wyoming, and Lebanon. In addition, they also scrimmaged 8 teams: Colerain, La Salle, Lakota East, Fairfield, Elder, Sycamore, Summit, and Mason. I know scrimmages don't count and aren't as important as regular season games for obvious reasons, but they still prepare your team for the playoffs.

Counting scrimmages and regular season games, Anderson will have played 7 of the top 10 D-1 teams, the top 2 D-3 teams, the top team in NKY, and the top D-2 team. Sucks they are in the ECC but I think Anderson's schedule isn't as bad as people are saying. Obviously I'm biased and their schedule isn't the best, but all things considered its not horrible.
If you have to count scrimmages and teams not on the current schedule when it's almost playoff time.... Speaks for itself. Good Luck in the playoffs. The third game will tell the tale.
Old 10-03-17, 02:25 PM
Freshman

Quote:
If you have to count scrimmages and teams not on the current schedule when it's almost playoff time.... Speaks for itself. Good Luck in the playoffs. The third game will tell the tale.
You're a funny guy my man. Playing tough teams prepares you for the tough teams you face in the later rounds of the playoffs. Anderson has faced tough teams, just not necessarily in the regular season as much. It doesn't count to their record but they still faced tough teams which will prep them for playoffs.
Old 10-03-17, 02:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by atownsportsfan View Post
You're a funny guy my man. Playing tough teams prepares you for the tough teams you face in the later rounds of the playoffs. Anderson has faced tough teams, just not necessarily in the regular season as much. It doesn't count to their record but they still faced tough teams which will prep them for playoffs.
Maybe. I would argue scrimmaging tough teams in the pre-season get you ready for the regular season more than the tournament just because it was so long ago. Your end of season schedule maybe will better prepare you for the post-season.

Anyway. Good luck to you. Maybe you will shut up some of the critics.
Old 10-03-17, 03:27 PM
All Region

Kickin Wing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
God I hope Carroll gets CRUSHED in the playoffs. If it was by Anderson, it would be even funnier.

... I have no dog in either fight.
Old 10-03-17, 08:30 PM
Freshman

LitOnFriday is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickin Wing View Post
God I hope Carroll gets CRUSHED in the playoffs. If it was by Anderson, it would be even funnier.

Solely because they have an easier schedule and are ranked higher? As mentioned above, they do have a good history and just got moved to D1 this year. I bet they will change their schedule next year to play more of a D1 schedule.
Old 10-04-17, 08:05 AM
All American

ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Weird.
Old 10-04-17, 08:54 AM
All Region

Kickin Wing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
Weird.
Just based on the earlier posts by 2731.
Old 10-04-17, 09:12 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Just based on the earlier posts by 2731.
Pretty sure 2731 is not a Carroll guy so your hating is misguided.
Old 10-04-17, 10:31 AM
Junior Varsity

FlyerFan23 is on a distinguished road
I'm hoping Carroll makes a nice run. I think they are a top 3 team in Dayton D-1, but Cincinnati is so deep. Winning districts will be a huge accomplishment.
Old 10-04-17, 02:53 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Maybe. I would argue scrimmaging tough teams in the pre-season get you ready for the regular season more than the tournament just because it was so long ago. Your end of season schedule maybe will better prepare you for the post-season.

Anyway. Good luck to you. Maybe you will shut up some of the critics.
Agree with this. Main point I was trying to make: it's not like Anderson won't have seen good teams going into the postseason. Granted, most of those teams were in scrimmages but it's not like they haven't seen anyone good.
Old 10-04-17, 04:01 PM
All Ohio

TCSoup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Agree Cols Desales who had their battles with Carroll over the years and again would probably be a 50 / 50 game just beat Last Saturday Toledo St francis 5-2
and last night shut out St Charles 2-0 .
Have no doubt D. C. will make some big noise in their Region.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: