Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-17-18, 09:53 PM
All Yappi

Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
[QUOTE=starkfb;7147432]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballCrazy1 View Post

Oh yes , the Uncle played LOL. Another joke is you say you are a Perry fan. Perry lost to NC and Lake so if we don't beat McKinley we DO NOT deserve to be in the playoffs. I would like to see Mass (because of their shaded past) not take any boys from federal league schools after the 7th grade. BUT, they will finally be allowed in the Fed. You can bet they would be an average Fed team in 3 years!

Do you know how silly you sound?
Old 10-17-18, 10:08 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
Actually it was the 2016 team. Mr. Know It All.
Funny how the haters are strutting with their chests out now that the Panthers are having some trouble and their team is playing well. It shows how classless some of you are. Enjoy your season and hope you don’t stumble on the way to Canton, because unlike you, I won’t say a thing.
MASSILLON doesn’t give a damn what you think !!!

Stick your class up your as....
Old 10-17-18, 10:09 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
Sorry brainiac , i should have explained . I was referring to the playoffs. Perry teams usually progress significantly towards the end of the season. Don't understand ?? Perry has a complicated offense.
That progress hasn’t been the case this year....
Old 10-17-18, 10:09 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
[QUOTE=starkfb;7147432]
Quote:

Oh yes , the Uncle played LOL. Another joke is you say you are a Perry fan. Perry lost to NC and Lake so if we don't beat McKinley we DO NOT deserve to be in the playoffs. I would like to see Mass (because of their shaded past) not take any boys from federal league schools after the 7th grade. BUT, they will finally be allowed in the Fed. You can bet they would be an average Fed team in 3 years!
Does that same concept go for Wrestlers?
Old 10-17-18, 10:11 PM
All Region

DickShadow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Jesus now we're are setting up backyard brawls for the old man, bottom line is the schedule we have sucks, we knew it was gonna suck and we are paying the price, so sick of some of you defending this guy all the time. He makes mistakes like everyone else, he just never admits them in public, its easier to bash the kids in the paper, he tells them don't make excuses yet you folks make excuses for him all the time. The parents aren't happy with the schedule at all, it made this team have to perfect or close to it to have a chance at the playoffs and that's a big FAIL, maybe next year.
What freakin price are you paying? Before KWgot here the second time around Perry FB was a joke with the likes of Miller and Boedickher leading the way, we were everybodys homecoming game pal, Wake comes back and within 3 years were in the state title game back to back along with 3 FLC titles. And just because you dont like the way he tells it like it is in the paper, and he refuses to accept mediocracy, holds his players accountable, you think were making excuses for him? And parents arent happy with the schedule? hahaha, since when did KW ever give a chit what parents thought? My suggestion to you is to pack up your mini-cooper head due west look for the sign that says Massillon 24 time [bogus] state champions,I'm sure you'll fit in quite well their
Old 10-17-18, 10:14 PM
All World

THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Well good banter going...

So:
I was wrong about CC this year
I was wrong about PHS this year
I was right about Massillon this year
I was right about MCKinley this year
Massillon recruits
I was right about Buckeyes this year
I was right about Baker Mayfield
I was right about Lebron leaving

That’s that!
Old 10-17-18, 10:14 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
How about these -

“Everybody’s making mistakes,”

“We just couldn’t get out of our own way tonight,”

“Attention to detail has to be better.”

“Everybody was taking turns making mistakes.

“We missed some throws; we had some missed assignments up front with protection. I think we had some dropped balls.
So far you have already read 1 Perry fan agreeing with me so go back in your hole troll.
Old 10-17-18, 10:16 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickShadow View Post
What freakin price are you paying? Before KWgot here the second time around Perry FB was a joke with the likes of Miller and Boedickher leading the way, we were everybodys homecoming game pal, Wake comes back and within 3 years were in the state title game back to back along with 3 FLC titles. And just because you dont like the way he tells it like it is in the paper, and he refuses to accept mediocracy, holds his players accountable, you think were making excuses for him? And parents arent happy with the schedule? hahaha, since when did KW ever give a chit what parents thought? My suggestion to you is to pack up your mini-cooper head due west look for the sign that says Massillon 24 time [bogus] state champions,I'm sure you'll fit in quite well their
This is EXACTLY why kids leave Perry !
Old 10-17-18, 11:23 PM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroe View Post
Perry would have beaten Massillon the last 3 years ehh? Please, keep making things up as you go! How about you slow down typing..

2015 Massillon at Perry Massillon 41- 37 oops!
Two teams went in different directions after that game. Couldn't believe Perry was down 27-0 and 34-6/7. I'm really not trying to run smack but Perry was rolling late in the season they running clocked McKinley 41-0 (Perry could have had 70 on the board) two weeks before the Pups edged Massillon 30-28 in a game that McKinley really controlled offensively and defensively but was shredded by Massillon's special teams.

I mean you understand a team being better later in the season. I mean I remember watching McKinley embarrass a 9-0 Massillon team 38-8 in a game that should have been uglier had their star WR not dropped multiple wide open TD catches. Then only 3 weeks later Massillon makes McKinley's unstoppable offense look like the 99 Browns. Speaking of 99 look how much better Perry was late in the season as opposed to week 5 (Hoover held them to 5 first downs and 70 yards of offense) and two weeks later vs the 10-0 Tigers. Then there are cases like 2001 when it is a season sweep like Massillon edges McKinley in a solid but kind of ugly 29-26 game but then handles them at the Rubber Bowl two weeks later in a game really not as close as the 35-19 final.
Old 10-17-18, 11:24 PM
All District

FootballCrazy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickShadow View Post

I see your name is pretty close to correct, your a fool if you think WAKE just showed back up and it just happened , I'm pretty sure a couple coaches like Jasinksi, Wheeler and Hodges prepped that group of young men pretty well b4 they ever got to Perry High School. It's called continuity in the youth program, which they DO NOT HAVE anymore and a damn good three year run of kids including Mr Football. Of course when things go well its all wake, when they don't its the kids right ??
Old 10-17-18, 11:31 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Two teams went in different directions after that game. Couldn't believe Perry was down 27-0 and 34-6/7. I'm really not trying to run smack but Perry was rolling late in the season they running clocked McKinley 41-0 (Perry could have had 70 on the board) two weeks before the Pups edged Massillon 30-28 in a game that McKinley really controlled offensively and defensively but was shredded by Massillon's special teams.

I mean you understand a team being better later in the season. I mean I remember watching McKinley embarrass a 9-0 Massillon team 38-8 in a game that should have been uglier had their star WR not dropped multiple wide open TD catches. Then only 3 weeks later Massillon makes McKinley's unstoppable offense look like the 99 Browns. Speaking of 99 look how much better Perry was late in the season as opposed to week 5 (Hoover held them to 5 first downs and 70 yards of offense) and two weeks later vs the 10-0 Tigers. Then there are cases like 2001 when it is a season sweep like Massillon edges McKinley in a solid but kind of ugly 29-26 game but then handles them at the Rubber Bowl two weeks later in a game really not as close as the 35-19 final.
The debate was Perry would have best Massillon the last 3 years, except on the field 3 years ago they lost to Massillon.

Are you really using the Massillon- mck game as a comparison for any other game ? When people say it doesn’t matter what the records are in that game or where it’s played that is 100% fact.
Old 10-17-18, 11:35 PM
All Yappi

Perry 67 is on a distinguished road
Cool What?

Quote:
I see your name is pretty close to correct, your a fool if you think WAKE just showed back up and it just happened , I'm pretty sure a couple coaches like Jasinksi, Wheeler and Hodges prepped that group of young men pretty well b4 they ever got to Perry High School. It's called continuity in the youth program, which they DO NOT HAVE anymore and a damn good three year run of kids including Mr Football. Of course when things go well its all wake, when they don't its the kids right ??
Sounds to me you have a resentment. Right now you are pissed. It shows. AND, Wakefield isn't even thinking about you. Kinda stupid huh?
Old 10-17-18, 11:39 PM
All District

FootballCrazy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry 67 View Post
Sounds to me you have a resentment. Right now you are pissed. It shows. AND, Wakefield isn't even thinking about you. Kinda stupid huh?
Nope not pissed just speak the truth which is hard for some of you kiss arsses find hard to do
Old 10-18-18, 12:51 AM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Judas Priest.
Old 10-18-18, 05:40 AM
All Ohio

Benchboss1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post

Levi, you are 100% correct, teams can and do, improve throughout a season. That being said, a Perry fan posted that Perry would have beaten Massillon the last 3 years had the two schools played. Well, within that posters time frame, the two schools DID play, and Massillon won. Pretty cut and dry if you ask me.
Now, if people want to discuss who would have won if the two teams had played again that season, that is another discussion. Unfortunately, we will never know what would have happened. Unfortunately, using past Massillon/McKinley games is not an accurate tool on which to base a prediction for a game between Massillon and Perry.
Old 10-18-18, 05:51 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
Talk to your Mass friends, they have a least one from Glenoak.
Actually in recent years we've had more transfer TO Glenoak.
Old 10-18-18, 07:16 AM
All World

kingdaddy is on a distinguished road
https://www.phillyvoice.com/phillyvo...-cool-in-ohio/

I’ve been told that Massillon offered to shorten quarter, running clock etc. this article tells a completely different story. What’s the real story here?
Old 10-18-18, 07:42 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdaddy View Post

I’ve been told that Massillon offered to shorten quarter, running clock etc. this article tells a completely different story. What’s the real story here?
Whoa - good find Kingdaddy!

So there really is 2 sides to every story -

I thought this horse was dead!
Old 10-18-18, 07:59 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
I thought there were 3 sides to every story??????
Old 10-18-18, 07:59 AM
All Region

Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
How is it possible that anyone can deny Massillon has a prolific booster club that openly solicits families to open enroll? While it isn't illegal, it is extremely poor in taste and thus the reason that Stark County schools don't jump at the bit to schedule them. Add in the ancillary reasons like a helicopter delivering helmets, added hype before the game, having to play at Massillon more often than not, and it becomes very clear why few teams don't schedule them. Massillon fans can call it ducking the competition, but no coach or AD wants to deal with the level of distractions that playing Massillon brings. This past weekend is another chapter in their legacy of perpetuating the same M.O. and will not help them find games in the future.

On the flip-side the above mentioned reasons ARE the some of the biggest recruitment tools that Massillon has and they use them well. They have amazing facilities, outstanding history and a passionate fanbase, which ultimately draw players from all over. This is a catch 22 for Massillon as they are able to bring in great players due to their OE status but you lose the respect of area coaches and ADs, thus the reluctance to schedule games.

Outsiders will view this as unfair or cheating, and I am sure there are some instances where it was in the past, but Massillon fans need to accept that no one really wants this headache anymore.
Old 10-18-18, 08:07 AM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdaddy View Post

"I think we're done with them."

That's the same thing Wakefield said. Along with many other schools.

How embarrassing for Stark County and especially Massillon High School and their administration.
Old 10-18-18, 08:08 AM
All World

We have to be fair and I sincerely mean this...

Massillon fans/boosters provided needed shoes for an opponent football team this year - that Good story got no props on this thread (I mean Banter 1)

Yes there is always 2 sides to the story....

(unless they try to recruit the kids they bought shoes for) - Lighten up Francis
Old 10-18-18, 09:00 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkbuck View Post
How is it possible that anyone can deny Massillon has a prolific booster club that openly solicits families to open enroll?
My son plays multiple sports and if any "booster" or coach from another school solicited me or him to transfer I would report it. First to my principal or super, then to theirs, and perhaps OHSAA depending on the circumstances.

Fortunately Massillon has a knack for only soliciting students and families who end up transferring. Impressive.

Fwiw only Burgess and the Massillon kid from Tuslaw came after their freshmen year and neither are blue chip all-stars. Not very prolific if you ask me.
Old 10-18-18, 09:07 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
"I think we're done with them."

That's the same thing Wakefield said. Along with many other schools.

How embarrassing for Stark County and especially Massillon High School and their administration.
If you ask anyone outside JHS adm. and a small vocal minority of FL fans (ie. Yappi trolls) it is FAR more embarrassing for Stark County our schools do not play each other, and instead opt for Canadians, out of staters, or games of no interest. Don't believe me ask your buddy Porter, lol.
Old 10-18-18, 09:51 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
We have to be fair and I sincerely mean this...

Massillon fans/boosters provided needed shoes for an opponent football team this year - that Good story got no props on this thread (I mean Banter 1)

Yes there is always 2 sides to the story....

(unless they try to recruit the kids they bought shoes for) - Lighten up Francis
AFTER playing said opponent
Old 10-18-18, 09:59 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
If you ask anyone outside JHS adm. and a small vocal minority of FL fans (ie. Yappi trolls) it is FAR more embarrassing for Stark County our schools do not play each other, and instead opt for Canadians, out of staters, or games of no interest. Don't believe me ask your buddy Porter, lol.
Stark County teams do largely play each other...there is one outlier and the reasons were laid out earlier on this page.

Many people don't want to deal with the circus.
Old 10-18-18, 10:10 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Stark County teams do largely play each other...there is one outlier and the reasons were laid out earlier on this page.

Many people don't want to deal with the circus.
GO, McKinley, and Perry till KW till got there, do not and did not deal with anything except great games, sportsmanship and improved relations. Ditto the few times we played Hoover. Don't make chit up.
Old 10-18-18, 10:13 AM
Junior Varsity

TigerTailgater12 is on a distinguished road
Anyone know what KW will be doing the first week of the playoffs ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-18, 10:25 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
"Our schools?" You've made it abundantly clear you live nearly 2 hours away yet you're all butthurt over who the adults running the schools in Stark County choose to compete against in sports?
Old 10-18-18, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
MASSILLON doesn’t give a damn what you think !!!

Stick your class up your as....
Something tells me this ^^^ is NOT what's engraved on Paul Brown's grave.

Stay classy.