Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-17-18, 07:56 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
Here is a freshmen game hoser may be interested in. La Salle freshmen played at Winton Woods at 5:00 today. Any one know how that came out?
Winton Woods won 24-6. I thought the game was against Elder.
Old 10-17-18, 08:01 PM
All District

Warrior Watcher is on a distinguished road
WW won 22,or 28-6.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-18, 08:02 PM
All District

Warrior Watcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Winton Woods won 24-6. I thought the game was against Elder.
WW Freshman lost to Elder 29-20 last Saturday.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-18, 08:10 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Volnelk, I disagree with your projection. I believe La Salle gets in at 5-4 if they beat 6-2 Trinity and lose to Elder.
Old 10-17-18, 08:20 PM
Voice of Reason

Volnelk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Volnelk, I disagree with your projection. I believe La Salle gets in at 5-4 if they beat 6-2 Trinity and lose to Elder.
They may. I think I gave them the benefit of the doubt in all of their other matchups because I just donít know anything about their opponents and who they are playing so the total I have for them is on the high end, in my opinion.

Conversely, Anderson isnít getting hardly any more points the rest of the way. Their opponents are rarely favored in any L2 games.

Weíll see. Itís tough to count on teams to play like they have been or should when they are 3-6 and out of the playoffs. But every game matters.
Old 10-17-18, 08:26 PM
Voice of Reason

Pasteur has LaSalle getting the same points as me he just has other teams getting less.
Old 10-17-18, 08:31 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Isn't there another thread that Pasteur's projections aren't reliable since he places teams based on what their most probable win total will be, not who is most likely to win each game.
Old 10-17-18, 08:39 PM
All District

KramericaIndustries is on a distinguished road
Regardless of how the points work out, what a complete travesty that Olentangy doesn't get in ahead of some of these other teams who have done absolutely nothing but beat tomato cans all year.

Tangy is only marginally competitive vs the D1 schedule they have played this year, but would absolutely destroy teams like Troy, Anderson, Little Miami, Chillicothe, Harrison, Turpin, all teams ahead of them in the standings.

This point system is an absolute joke for determining who the best teams are. Just fill up a schedule with tomato cans and get into the playoffs ahead of a team that would beat you by 3 TDs, but doesn't get credit for something like a 22-16 loss at D1R2 future champ or runner up Dublin Coffman in a game they led the entire time until the last min. Makes sense.
Old 10-17-18, 08:44 PM
Lancers lead the way!

La Salle would be interested in playing a home and away series with Olentangy if they are game, maybe Winton Woods would too.
Old 10-17-18, 08:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KramericaIndustries View Post
Regardless of how the points work out, what a complete travesty that Olentangy doesn't get in ahead of some of these other teams who have done absolutely nothing but beat tomato cans all year.

Tangy is only marginally competitive vs the D1 schedule they have played this year, but would absolutely destroy teams like Troy, Anderson, Little Miami, Chillicothe, Harrison, Turpin, all teams ahead of them in the standings.

This point system is an absolute joke for determining who the best teams are. Just fill up a schedule with tomato cans and get into the playoffs ahead of a team that would beat you by 3 TDs, but doesn't get credit for something like a 22-16 loss at D1R2 future champ or runner up Dublin Coffman in a game they led the entire time until the last min. Makes sense.
Oh my. Here it comes. I noticed you didnt mention Winton Woods, Kings and LaSalle.
Old 10-17-18, 08:49 PM
All District

Quote:
Oh my. Here it comes. I noticed you didnt mention Winton Woods, Kings and LaSalle.
I didn't say they deserved to win the region, are you some kind of moron? I said they are tons better than the teams I listed.
Old 10-17-18, 08:54 PM
All District

Quote:
La Salle would be interested in playing a home and away series with Olentangy if they are game, maybe Winton Woods would too.
Why would anyone in their right mind want to do that? I'd rather take the Little Miami route and back into the playoffs by scheduling Talawanda and Goshen
Old 10-17-18, 08:57 PM
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Isn't there another thread that Pasteur's projections aren't reliable since he places teams based on what their most probable win total will be, not who is most likely to win each game.
Early in the season itís all statistic based, so he may project a team to go 8-2 but if you look at the individual game predictions, he will have them favored in all ten. Thatís because statistically if there are four close games, they arenít likely to actually win every one.

Now, itís more exact because there are less hypothetical scenarios. Doesnít mean heís right. But itís better than guessing.

Like I said, he has LaSalle winning this week and losing next and finishing with 21.2 points. Where he and I differ are in the Edgewood-Harrison-Little Miami games.
Old 10-17-18, 09:00 PM
Lancers lead the way!

It's good to know that La Salle may have to win out to make the playoffs.
Old 10-17-18, 09:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I didn't say they deserved to win the region, are you some kind of moron? I said they are tons better than the teams I listed.
You mentioned some teams that you believe Olentangy would "destroy" but you failed to mention Winton Woods, LaSalle and Kings. I guess you arent that stupid.
Old 10-17-18, 09:20 PM
Lancers lead the way!

La Salle would love to finish 8th and face Kings in round one. Lancers last faced Kings in the regional championship game in 2015 at Lakota West I believe, rolled them 42-7
Old 10-17-18, 09:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
La Salle would love to finish 8th and face Kings in round one.
It would be better to finish 8th and face Winton Woods in round one.
Old 10-17-18, 09:51 PM
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Yeah. I was coming at it from the other side and wondering how Anderson wins out and still misses out and the answer, assuming a few victories by others, is LaSalle.
Old 10-18-18, 06:01 AM
Varsity

Manmythlegeng66 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why would anyone in their right mind want to do that? I'd rather take the Little Miami route and back into the playoffs by scheduling Talawanda and Goshen
Dude, did LM cut you? Take a step back and relax. Yeah it can seem unfair at times. But all coaches and AD's know the situation when they make the schedule. And for the record LM is forced to play some of these teams due to the conference they are in. You know Edgewood and Harrison had to play Talawanda too right? Goshen is a old rival of LM who had decent playoff success last year. The harbin is the only way they have right now. So if you have a better idea go ahead and present it. FYI 8-2 or 9-1 record is hardly backing in to the playoffs. 5-4, 5-5 is backing into the playoffs. Maybe Olentangy should have found a way to pull out some of those close games. I'm sure if they did the situation would be different. You dont see WW or Kings complaining about it
Old 10-18-18, 06:41 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Haha wow. You donít have a clue dude
Old 10-18-18, 07:23 AM
All American

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I think fans hear you on getting no points for tough losses but the system has never worked that way.

Your answer is in your quote above which is...WIN in the last minute of the Coffman game if you are legit.
They have also lost MANY other games.
Gotta take care of your business if you wanna play in November.

Mark Solis is one hell of a football coach at Olentangy.
I remember him from the Twinsburg days.
Old 10-18-18, 07:26 AM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
Could it maybe, just maybe a kid would not want to play high school football for Finneytown and he and his family choose to attend Winton Woods. Without a recruiting visit from Coach Parker.
Yep.

But it doesn't matter why the kid and his family chose a school. It's none of any of our business.
Old 10-18-18, 07:30 AM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
LS should have beaten Moeller or at least showed up against X. Of course the Lancers are a better team than anyone in Region 8 that's not WW, but they've made their own bed.
Old 10-18-18, 07:30 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
I think fans hear you on getting no points for tough losses but the system has never worked that way.

Your answer is in your quote above which is...WIN in the last minute of the Coffman game if you are legit.
They have also lost MANY other games.
Gotta take care of your business if you wanna play in November.

Mark Solis is one hell of a football coach at Olentangy.
I remember him from the Twinsburg days.
Totally agree. I understand the point he is trying to make. And Olentangy is a good team. But WW and Kings have played tough schools all year and found a way to win the game. You can only win the games you are given to win. And everyone knows how to get in the playoffs. Go 8-2 at the minimum is the only way to remotely guarantee a birth. Every once in a while you will have a Lasalle situation, but that is the exception not the rule.
Old 10-18-18, 07:33 AM
All World

reporter07
Quote:
You mentioned some teams that you believe Olentangy would "destroy" but you failed to mention Winton Woods, LaSalle and Kings. I guess you arent that stupid.
There is a YouTube video out there from LS v Olentangy 2014 that would likely provide a glimpse of what these games would look like.
Old 10-18-18, 07:48 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
This guy is just making noise. Saying Olentangy would destroy Troy is comical. Heís probably never seen them play and doesnít understand that they have one of the best players in the state and one of the best defenses in the area, and one of the best coaches in the area. Not to mention multiple D1 prospects on both sides of the ball.
Old 10-18-18, 08:21 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmythlegeng66 View Post
Dude, did LM cut you? Take a step back and relax. Yeah it can seem unfair at times. But all coaches and AD's know the situation when they make the schedule. And for the record LM is forced to play some of these teams due to the conference they are in. You know Edgewood and Harrison had to play Talawanda too right? Goshen is a old rival of LM who had decent playoff success last year. The harbin is the only way they have right now. So if you have a better idea go ahead and present it. FYI 8-2 or 9-1 record is hardly backing in to the playoffs. 5-4, 5-5 is backing into the playoffs. Maybe Olentangy should have found a way to pull out some of those close games. I'm sure if they did the situation would be different. You dont see WW or Kings complaining about it
The system is the system. Teams just have to conform to it. Their have been years that WW didn't make the playoffs. In those years I thought WW was better than the majority of the teams in the Region! WW plays a tough schedule and didn't win enough games. Had they played the schedule of the teams in the Region, they would have easily made it.
Old 10-18-18, 08:58 AM
All Region

EXPRESS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They would need a lot of help, Edgewood or Harrison loss or a win over Elder is the only way in.
Old 10-18-18, 10:51 AM
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double

skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
The system is the system. Teams just have to conform to it. Their have been years that WW didn't make the playoffs. In those years I thought WW was better than the majority of the teams in the Region! WW plays a tough schedule and didn't win enough games. Had they played the schedule of the teams in the Region, they would have easily made it.
The conversation reminds me a of a Winston Churchill quote.

"No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time"

The Harbin system is flawed but better than voting and better than arbitrarily rewarding losses to good teams.
Old 10-18-18, 10:53 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins99 View Post
The conversation reminds me a of a Winston Churchill quote.

"No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time"

The Harbin system is flawed but better than voting and better than arbitrarily rewarding losses to good teams.
You had me at Churchill!