Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-03-17, 12:47 PM
All Region

mtigers96 is on a distinguished road
Massillon vs Warren

Who do you got and why?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-17, 03:41 PM
All Ohio

owencountykentucky is on a distinguished road
Who: Tigers.

Why: Thomas is back.
Old 09-03-17, 04:01 PM
All Region

MassillonMike is on a distinguished road
Going with my Tigers (shocking I know) bcuz Lynn Bowden is no longer at Warren Harding lol.
Old 09-03-17, 07:02 PM
All World

Spize is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm going with, sunshine and beaches. I'll catch up on the score later
Old 09-03-17, 07:07 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Would like to see Harding win but I expect Massillon to win by a couple of scores.
Old 09-04-17, 10:05 PM
All Ohio

Scipio is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to the always exciting atmosphere of a Warren/Massillon match-up.
Old 09-04-17, 10:42 PM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Got to pull for the local team.
Good luck Harding.
21-17
Old 09-05-17, 03:18 AM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Want Harding to pull it out, but this game is a toss up to me.
Old 09-05-17, 05:58 AM
All Universe

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Warren Warren G. Harding 35
Massillon Washington 34
3OT
Old 09-05-17, 06:49 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm predicting a CLOSE Massillon win. I'm hoping the momentum continues. I also hope they do some serious soul-searching this week on how to cut down on the idiotic penalties, especially the personal fouls. And by "they" I mean both players and coaches.
Old 09-05-17, 07:21 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
WGH 2 weeks to prepare for Massillon. Could be helpful, but I hope rusty. Always tough to win in "Worn". Great rivalry game - should be exciting.
Old 09-05-17, 09:33 AM
Varsity

PTC Junky is on a distinguished road
Massillon should blow them out but I see this being close game due to Massillon's youth.
Old 09-05-17, 09:58 AM
All World

The rivalry is too good. I don't see anyone blowing the other out in this one. Should be a good game. Used to love heading to Warren for an away game.
Old 09-05-17, 11:11 AM
All District

OLDGOLD is on a distinguished road
I will take The Raiders. Playing at home, two weeks preparation.
However, I do think the game will be close enough to depend on turnovers if one team wins that statistic.
Old 09-05-17, 11:17 AM
All World

ChronicTiger is on a distinguished road
Can't wait for this one but I am predicting a long ride home.

28-10 WGH
Old 09-05-17, 02:18 PM
All American

4cards will become famous soon enough
...here to support by buddy Worm02,

The Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiders win in a close one 22-21
Old 09-05-17, 02:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cards View Post

Where is Worm02??? If I may ask. Yappi hall of fame poster, for sure!
Old 09-05-17, 02:29 PM
All World

Seriously. If there was ever be a week for Worm to be around it's now. Where are you brother?
Old 09-05-17, 02:33 PM
All American

4cards will become famous soon enough
...he might be celebrating his last man standing pick from over the weekend. He called his shot and hit it right on the button!! Good job Worm
Old 09-05-17, 02:46 PM
All World

Quote:
...he might be celebrating his last man standing pick from over the weekend. He called his shot and hit it right on the button!! Good job Worm
And there you have it. Worm02 has been partying like it's 1999 since Saturday night. And with the long weekend we may not hear from him until Thursday.
Old 09-05-17, 04:00 PM
All Ohio

Scipio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
1977 redux?
Old 09-05-17, 04:51 PM
All World

SteelValley
Definitely pulling for the Raiders as a Boardman fan. We play Harding later in the season, so there's potential comp Pt's there. Also, Massillon is in our region and a loss here really puts them in a tougher spot to claim a playoff spot.
Old 09-05-17, 08:01 PM
All Yappi

Worm02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Sounds great to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Where is Worm02??? If I may ask. Yappi hall of fame poster, for sure!
I'm around! Love teh sound of the "Hall of Fame!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Seriously. If there was ever be a week for Worm to be around it's now. Where are you brother?
I'm always around!

Quote:
A broke clock is right twice a day, lol. Just got lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
And there you have it. Worm02 has been partying like it's 1999 since Saturday night. And with the long weekend we may not hear from him until Thursday.
HA! I wish, lol.

Appreciate the shoutouts! Hopefully, I'll see some of you at Buena Vista before the game! That's contingent on em getting off of work on time, but in any case, I'll be my usual self at the game!

As far as my thoughts on the game go, here's a pic & post that I made for Facebook earlier this week. I'll make it in a separate post so that this one isn't too long, lol. Thanks again!
Old 09-05-17, 08:11 PM
All Ohio

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Go Tigers !!!
Old 09-05-17, 08:26 PM
All Yappi

When Steve Arnold took over WGH's football program in 2012, he brought many things with him. Discipline, integrity, and pride are a just few of the many qualities that he's brought to the table to teach his players. For the older generations, the tradition of "throwback games" started to honor the traditions of both the WGH Panthers and Warren Western Reserve Raiders. This week, the Raiders will welcome nostalgia back into Mollenkopf Stadium as they'll open their home schedule by sporting the black, white, and red of the Panthers to pay homage to the state championship teams of 1971 (poll) and 1974.
Speaking of 2012, it was also the last time that WGH lost their season opener as they fell victim to Austintown Fitch 24-10. The following week, WGH responded on the road with a 34-0 thumping of the Howland Tigers. That was the first of nine consecutive victories for the Raiders, but unfortunately, the season came to an end in week 11 in a lost to Mentor, who was then-led by the recent #2 overall draft pick in Mitchell Trubisky, by the score of 45-35. Now, after a rare bye week, WGH will once again see the Tigers in their second game, but this time, they'll be the ones from Massillon, whose statistics in the picture are very deceiving.

Massillon opened their season up with a big 49-14 loss to Mentor, who as I eluded to above, is known for their powerful offense. Nevertheless, the Tigers quickly licked their wounds and responded with a solid 24-10 victory over Canton Glenoak. A huge difference in those weeks was the presence of Jamir Thomas, who was unavailable in their loss to Mentor. Last season, he rushed for 95 yards & 4 touchdowns on 33 carries against WGH, so it's no secret what the Big Ten prospect brings to the table. In fact, he had another 33 carries for 107 yards & 1 touchdown on Friday against Glenoak, and quarterback Aidan Longwell did his share of damage as well as he went 15-25 for 209 yards & 1 touchdown.

With Massillon's ability to be versatile on offense, WGH certainly has their work cut out for them. However, despite the week 1 loss at Canton McKinley, several positive signs were shown. Kay'Ron Adams-Lynch led the offense with 138 yards on 20 carries while also tying Jeremy Wilson with the lead in tackles with 6. Fellow junior Geivonni Washington was a huge spark with 89 rushing yards on 9 carries, with the most impressive one coming on a 56-yard touchdown run. With the experienced offensive front that WGH has, look for them to continue to grind out yards on the ground throughout the season, which should open it up for Akron commit Jalen Hooks and his fellow athletes to make plays on the outside. Hopefully, it will help pave the way to a long winning streak like the aforementioned one from 2012. For now, they'll look to extend their success over Massillon, who they've beaten in consecutive games for the first time since they knocked off the Tigers four straight times from 2002 to 2004 (two games in 2002).
Old 09-05-17, 10:22 PM
All Yappi

No idea WGH had that kind of success rushing against McKinley. Not good, lol. How did you only score 7?
Old 09-06-17, 05:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
No idea WGH had that kind of success rushing against McKinley. Not good, lol. How did you only score 7?
Missed opportunities. Gotta convert those 3rd downs. Game was 9-7 at halftime, but we were flat in the 3rd quarter. We made some late pushes that got stopped in McKinley territory, including one at the goal line. McKinley's defense was tough, but I expect us to improve moving forward.
Old 09-06-17, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
So after 2 weeks some have now called for Massillon's demise and resurgence. Reality lies somewhere inbetween.

Listened to the McK/WGH game on the radio for a bit. Announcers mentioned a McKinley TD (it was either their first or second) that should not have counted and that was mentioned about half way through the 3rd qtr when it was 15-7 McK.

Really see this as a pick'em game. So many questions: Can WGH score points? Has Massillon improved that much in a week? How good is GO? Just among a few.

Massillon has to feel good about not having to face Bowden (not to sleep on the team they have this year). Bowden graduating has Massillon about as happy as they were when Manningham did.

My head tells me Massillon by FG, but if I had money on it I'd take WGH by 7 at home though.
Old 09-06-17, 10:21 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
So after 2 weeks some have now called for Massillon's demise and resurgence. Reality lies somewhere inbetween.

Listened to the McK/WGH game on the radio for a bit. Announcers mentioned a McKinley TD (it was either their first or second) that should not have counted and that was mentioned about half way through the 3rd qtr when it was 15-7 McK.

Really see this as a pick'em game. So many questions: Can WGH score points? Has Massillon improved that much in a week? How good is GO? Just among a few.

Massillon has to feel good about not having to face Bowden (not to sleep on the team they have this year). Bowden graduating has Massillon about as happy as they were when Manningham did.

My head tells me Massillon by FG, but if I had money on it I'd take WGH by 7 at home though.
Yeah McKinley's "touchdown" early in the 3rd quarter should've been called a touchback as the player fumbled well before reaching the end zone. Huge momentum changer (WGH had it at the end of the 1st half), but I was pleased with Kay'Ron Adams' effort to even run him down. Everybody remembers Bowden, but that entire class had a lot of depth, so moving on without them won't be easy.

McKinley was a strong opponent playing in their new stadium, so instead of making excuses for WGH's loss, I want them to focus on building on the positives. We have a strong offensive line, potentially potent backfield, athletes on defense, etc. We just gotta keep getting tougher, which should continue to come with experience. I feel good about our junior class, so watching them become leaders will be fun.

Containing Jamir Thomas will be a challenge!
Old 09-06-17, 10:23 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelValley View Post
Definitely pulling for the Raiders as a Boardman fan. We play Harding later in the season, so there's potential comp Pt's there. Also, Massillon is in our region and a loss here really puts them in a tougher spot to claim a playoff spot.
We'll be rooting for your Spartans to take down Jackson as well! Good luck!