Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-20-18, 01:14 PM
All District

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Arc can say what he wants but the school raised a lot more money when Babe was in charge of doing so. His program also energized the alumni who in turn refurbished the gym. There has not been a Hall of Fame event since and that is a shame because there are many worthy Vikings that deserve that honor. Babe no longer works in the school and since then nothing has been done with the HOF and the fundraising has decreased substantially. Nobody currently has the passion to raise the money like Babe did and the same goes for the HOF. You can say what you want but the proof is clearly evident. Look at the money raised when Babe was there and compare it to the last two years. Many expected the former AD to pick up and take over the HOF event - we all knew his incompetent a@@ would not do it - so it went by the wayside. He could not even do his job let alone take on a project like the HOF. Hell he needed an assistant just to perform the job he was hired to do so how could you possibly expect him to plan a event like the HOF. People like to complain about other people but I dont see them stepping up and the old AD was no different. Babe got stuff done and did great things while he was working in the school. I sure have not seen the same results since he has been out of the school. That is just the fact. Even Euclid in all their dysfunction has a HOF event every year. Joe's does not and that is embarrassing. It shows the lack of commitment, ability and passion by the former AD and administration.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
So you are saying that Babe, as Director of Advancement, raised a lot of money?
Old 06-20-18, 02:55 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like any conference that makes you better during the regular season. Playing Benny, CCC and Hoban twice will do that. I just care for the fact that the odds are at some point you will usually run into Benny or CCC in the post season.

Old 06-20-18, 11:59 PM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals wrestling View Post
Now back to basketball.
Has the VASJ schedule been released yet?
What are your thoughts on the NCL going to 3 divisions with Benedictine, CCC, Hoban & VASJ being in the top division?

I actually like the realignment and makes League play more intriguing instead of having (no disrespect towards any of the programs to mind you) to play the likes of Trinity, Aquinas, and JFK where playing Hoban Benedictine and CCC can generate good crowds and also allow more non conference opponents. I hope we play Euclid twice in a season again like back during the early 2000’s era. And see more home games added instead of a lot of away and neutral site games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-18, 07:42 AM
All World

I like the removal of some of the cupcakes from the schedule. The yearly two games against Trinity, JFK and STA have become blood baths. There was a short period where STA was very good and JFK had a solid team a few seasons ago as well - but that is the exception and not the norm. I would like to see Joe's play some schools we don't usually play to fill those spots. Bring back Iggy and maybe add schools like Solon, Stow, Garfield, Beachwood, etc.

To clarify my comment in the previous post about Hoban, Benny and CCC. Benny and CCC are both in D2 with Joe's. If you plan on reaching Columbus those schools will need to go through each other. When you play a team twice prior to the playoffs there is no surprise because everybody knows each other inside and out. I guess there is two ways to look at it because it will no doubt amp up the rivalry if you knock a school out of the playoffs. I would like to see Joe's play some NCL crossover games - Gilmour, Lake, Walsh,etc.

Old 06-21-18, 11:40 AM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Well looks like Gaffney is out at Garfield Hts. He’s transferring to a Connecticut prep school.

Old 06-21-18, 12:14 PM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
Well looks like Gaffney is out at Garfield Hts. He’s transferring to a Connecticut prep school.

I feel terrible for him. So sad. His high school years didn't have to be this way.
Old 06-21-18, 12:56 PM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
I feel terrible for him. So sad. His high school years didn't have to be this way.
Agreed! I hope its not true. Three schools in three years has to be tough on a young man. But I'm old-fashioned that way. If he decides to go, I wish him the best. He's a heckuva player and a match up nightmare for my Irish!
Old 06-21-18, 01:52 PM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
Agreed! I hope its not true. Three schools in three years has to be tough on a young man. But I'm old-fashioned that way. If he decides to go, I wish him the best. He's a heckuva player and a match up nightmare for my Irish!
Amen Irish. He never wanted to leave our school and was well liked by classmates and was getting good grades. This much change is an hard on a young man. It is out of our control. Anyway, I hope all is well with you and your family.
Old 06-21-18, 03:22 PM
All World

I called it after the season ended. I was hearing rumblings. Like always I was told I was nuts and it was just sour grapes. Guess I was right.

Old 06-22-18, 07:40 AM
All District

Localfan is on a distinguished road
Seems like he is trying to do a one and done when he gets to college and going to a prep school is the best way to prepare for that. You would like for kids to stay and developed at one program but when the goal is to make it to he league sometimes you have to change it up.
Old 06-26-18, 11:25 AM
All World

Prep school will absolutely be a step up in competition- if they play a national schedule and play the elite teams. Any talk of one and done is comical though. Zo is a great player and kid - but he is not one and done material. He needs to hit the weight room big time and work on his outside game. He supposedly left Joe's because he wanted to play on the wing. He did not do very much on the wing at Garfield. When it was crunch time Zo was right where he was at Joe's- in the paint. Last year was a wasted year for Zo. That is why he tweeted "so many regrets" IMO. This is just another bad case of a parent making poor choices for his child. Nobody has any ill feelings toward Zo - his Dad not so much. Zo will need several years in college to get stronger and to work on his overall game. He will no longer be the big fish in a small pond.