Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins: Massillon Washington (6-3) at Canton McKinley (8-1)
Massillon Washington by 1-7 17 27.42%
Massillon Washington by 8-14 4 6.45%
Massillon Washington by 15+ 0 0%
Canton McKinley by 1-7 11 17.74%
Canton McKinley by 8-14 21 33.87%
Canton McKinley by 15+ 9 14.52%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-17, 01:58 PM
All World

serpico will become famous soon enough
'Sideliners'? Do some members of the booster club actually stand on the sideline or is that just the name?
Old 10-23-17, 02:04 PM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
'Sideliners'? Do some members of the booster club actually stand on the sideline or is that just the name?

Have you ever seen that sideline during a game. Everything but the kitchen sink is there. At least in the past. I haven't seen a game in a couple of years but I would be shocked if anything changed.
Old 10-23-17, 02:05 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassillonJoe View Post
Watson is quick and shifty, Thomas is a power runner. Thomas won't out run anyone, but will run over them. Watson is the opposite. Who's better? I'd take Thomas if for nothing more than his 3 years of experience. Still worry about Watson though, that kid can play.
Looks like were going to have to put 8 in the box.If you beat us passing so be it.

It's hard to practice against the Wing-t in one week.Hopefully we can practice against you guys a lot better.Looks like this is going to be a good game.
Old 10-23-17, 02:07 PM
All World

murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBulldog View Post
Looks like were going to have to put 8 in the box.If you beat us passing so be it.

It's hard to practice against the Wing-t in one week.Hopefully we can practice against you guys a lot better.Looks like this is going to be a good game.
I wouldn't do that... You will get beat. Why not just rely on your speed and strength to win the battle up front?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-17, 02:27 PM
All American

DB135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Have you ever seen that sideline during a game. Everything but the kitchen sink is there. At least in the past. I haven't seen a game in a couple of years but I would be shocked if anything changed.
Lee Owens ask me before one game about allowing people there. So the school does its best to dictate how games are worked, down to the number of officers that work. REACT use to work all the traffic spots for free that we needed.

Now apparently they have very few traffic spots worked during the game, justified by the decrease in crowd size for a significant time.

Last edited by DB135; 10-23-17 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-23-17, 02:29 PM
All Region

mtigers96 is on a distinguished road
How good is Mcks Dline? Massillons Oline isn’t as huge as last year but many argue that this years Oline is better and more physical than Massillons Oline last year.
Old 10-23-17, 02:41 PM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtigers96 View Post
How good is Mcks Dline? Massillons Oline isnít as huge as last year but many argue that this years Oline is better and more physical than Massillons Oline last year.
Sounds like this game is going to be won up front in the trenches,and turnovers.
Old 10-23-17, 02:46 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm amazed by the number of separate organizations they have in support of the football program. They have -

Sideliners
Booster Club
Orangemen
Touchdown Club
And DB135 says he was booted from the Junior Executive Board, whatever that is.

We're talking about High School Football, not a government entity.
Old 10-23-17, 02:57 PM
All American

DB135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
I'm amazed by the number of separate organizations they have in support of the football program. They have -

Sideliners
Booster Club
Orangemen
Touchdown Club
And DB135 says he was booted from the Junior Executive Board, whatever that is.

We're talking about High School Football, not a government entity.
The Junior Executive Board apparently is made up of members who are in job positions throughout the community that are assumed to be able to assist the program wherever their activities intersect in some manner.

They are also expected to do most the work of the club during its activities. The Senior Board is made up of former booster club presidents.

As I stated before there is no connection to any group to ORGANIZED recruiting activities but you might want to check the OHSAA decisions to see if they ever made that connection.
Old 10-23-17, 03:38 PM
All American

BigSack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtigers96 View Post
How good is Mcks Dline? Massillons Oline isnít as huge as last year but many argue that this years Oline is better and more physical than Massillons Oline last year.
yep, everybody is saying the massillon O-Line is better without those three D1 OL. Thats it
Old 10-23-17, 03:42 PM
All World

murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSack View Post
yep, everybody is saying the massillon O-Line is better without those three D1 OL. Thats it
Massillon's o-line is pretty good relative to most in Stark County.They are a big reason why you have been noticeably absent for most of this season.

Old 10-23-17, 04:52 PM
All Region

jtigerjoe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes, they all stand on the sideline, and are called sideliners. Just like on the opposite side of the field, they are called the visitor sideliners. Not to forget the endzone end liners. Gee, thought everyone knew that.
Old 10-23-17, 04:52 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy13 View Post
Massillon's o-line is pretty good relative to most in Stark County.They are a big reason why you have been noticeably absent for most of this season.

Haha i won my bet, haven't cared much about HS football until the unspeakable happened at WHS. The "relatively good" offensive line at massillon had nothing to do with my absence
Old 10-23-17, 04:57 PM
All Region

jtigerjoe is on a distinguished road
Serpico, I am going to explain the Touchdown Club to you. We have a select committee that goes around and counts the touchdowns scored by our opponents. Field goals are another story. There is a separate crew for extra pts.
Old 10-23-17, 08:02 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtigerjoe View Post
Serpico, I am going to explain the Touchdown Club to you. We have a select committee that goes around and counts the touchdowns scored by our opponents. Field goals are another story. There is a separate crew for extra pts.
Do they still have the banquet at the end of the year where they invite the head coach and Top player from each of Massillonís opponents. That was a cool dinner.
Old 10-23-17, 08:08 PM
All District

OGnir is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
Do they still have the banquet at the end of the year where they invite the head coach and Top player from each of Massillon’s opponents. That was a cool dinner.
That was the "Sideliners" and it was the best banquet around but sadly Rick Shepas put an end to it.
Old 10-23-17, 08:42 PM
All American

Hayden Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB135 View Post
The Junior Executive Board apparently is made up of members who are in job positions throughout the community that are assumed to be able to assist the program wherever their activities intersect in some manner.

They are also expected to do most the work of the club during its activities. The Senior Board is made up of former booster club presidents.

As I stated before there is no connection to any group to ORGANIZED recruiting activities but you might want to check the OHSAA decisions to see if they ever made that connection.

In Jackson they just have the Horsemen
Old 10-23-17, 09:13 PM
All District

Red Right 88 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtigerjoe View Post
Yes, they all stand on the sideline, and are called sideliners. Just like on the opposite side of the field, they are called the visitor sideliners. Not to forget the endzone end liners. Gee, thought everyone knew that.
Used to be-
Sideliners lined the sides of the field.
Touchdown Club stood in the end zone.
M Club stood on the logo in the middle of the field.
Toastmasters stood in the parking lot to lead drinking games.
Who changed it?
Old 10-23-17, 09:18 PM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
McKinley wins this one easily. They are more consistent, deeper and more talented based on seeing them both twice on the tube. Maybe that isnít a big enough sampling but thatís my take. Also, McKinley folks..... you guys ran the best coach out of town since TM. Todd Filtz would have provided deep playoff runs and a title had he not been shown the door so early. By year 4 or 5 the McK tradition as one of the best programs in the USA would have been reignited and maybe even get the fans to come out and support the bulldogs and get 8-10,000 fans a game.
Old 10-23-17, 09:22 PM
All World

kingdaddy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
In Jackson they just have the Horsemen
Other than the hideous choice of colors, there's some good dudes in this pic! love ya Danny(hoover grad)
Old 10-23-17, 09:51 PM
All American

VVSpartanalum is on a distinguished road
Tigers can't be completely predictable offensively if they expect to compete and give themselves a chance to win Sat. Obviously everyone is expecting a steady dose of Thomas, but they have to get something off play action. Don't wait until 3rd down to try and throw.They have to get Morgan more targets, 2 or 3 a game is not enough for that type of weapon. If they call the game offensively like they did against ASVSM it will be a complete disaster and will cost them another game.
Old 10-24-17, 04:51 AM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
The play calling in the St. V game was the worst I've seen since the Scioto game.
Old 10-24-17, 05:37 AM
All World

Obviously I'm not there but I thought I heard or read somewhere that Coach Moore traditionally holds his cards close to the vest the week before McKinley. Sure thought I had read that. Maybe not. Anyway, it's week 10 so Beat McKinley. Quite honestly my interest level isn't near what it's been in the past. Maybe because they are both already in the play-offs, maybe because I'm flying up for the OSU/PSU game Saturday afternoon and that has my mindset.
Old 10-24-17, 05:56 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
What's the line in Vegas?
Are they still running it? The NCAA said no-no to college fantasy sports -- how could moral men place bets on a high school game?
Old 10-24-17, 09:25 AM
All Yappi

IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool Canton McKinley vs Massillon Washington

It's October 24, 2017

CalPreps.com has it:

CANTON MCKINLEY: -18

This is IUDOGS signing off.
Old 10-24-17, 10:54 AM
All World

ChronicTiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
What's the line in Vegas?
I don't think I've ever heard any legit evidence that this actually ever happened. It's an old wives tale IMHO.
Old 10-24-17, 11:15 AM
All American

Hayden Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 10-24-17, 11:28 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
as the MCSD Superintendent says immediately after the unspeakable, "football is a big boy game"
Old 10-24-17, 11:30 AM
All World

Wait. A couple of posters hung in the halls now become the "unthinkable"? Come on now.
Old 10-24-17, 11:38 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Wait. A couple of posters hung in the halls now become the "unthinkable"? Come on now.
the posters in the hallway are just another example of the leadership within MCSD, but this one is my favorite

I'll explain it to ChronicTiger if he wants me to
Closed Thread