Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-28-17, 07:20 PM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
I've seen them both at Elder basketball games every now and then.

But his son (if it's the same kid everyone is talking about) looks really, really small. Is he one of those quick, fast running backs? The dad isn't all that big himself. Does his talent project to varsity football/basketball? Sure doesn't look to be any different than any other kid coming through when it's all said and done.
I trust what everyone who has seen him play have to say. You're just being a tool, even the X poster says he's one of the best in the league. If he were going to any other GCL school, you'd be all over him. You just like pissin on the kids going to Elder.

Last edited by Descartes; 07-28-17 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-28-17, 09:51 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceoreaso View Post
Kellers son is the qb. He is very good.
I honestly believe he has a chance of being the QB at Elder (yes I realize what I am saying). He doesn't have the size but his accuracy is very similar to his dad who was one of the best to ever play QB at Elder.
Old 07-28-17, 10:04 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
I honestly believe he has a chance of being the QB at Elder (yes I realize what I am saying). He doesn't have the size but his accuracy is very similar to his dad who was one of the best to ever play QB at Elder.
I can understand your point. Hambleton can play at any skill position, maybe even the back 7 of the Defense. My understanding about Keller is he's a QB all the way.
Old 07-28-17, 11:51 PM
Freshman

Mad Dogg is on a distinguished road
Have any of you actually seen any of these Kids play?
Old 07-28-17, 11:55 PM
Freshman

Mad Dogg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnut View Post
St. Antoninus and St Nick's don't even play in the same division as Visitation. Antoninus, Jude and Visi used play in a scrimmage every year just to maintain the old WFC connection, but now, neither Jude nor Antoninus will play Visitation....even in a scrimmage! So I don't want to hear about how "good" St. Antoninus is....just because they have some basketball athletes in their incoming 8th grade, doesn't mean they have any football talent
You are partially correct. Antoninus cancelled a varsity scrimmage with visi and Jude two years ago. Because Antoninus only had 14 kids on their team. The coach decided they couldn't afford to get anyone hurt. They scrimmaged no one that year and played some 6th graders on varsity. That has nothing to do with this season.
Old 07-29-17, 11:10 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dogg View Post
Have any of you actually seen any of these Kids play?
No, I don't have kids, that'd be weird. However, I trust what people who have seen them play have to say.
Old 07-30-17, 12:10 PM
All American

trey2k is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
From what I've seen of both (not a huge sample size), I would agree with this. The Keller kid is very smooth. He can make the right read (not easy for a kid that young) and throws a great ball. As I've said before, reminded me of Adam Ryan. I think he has the X and O and skill advantage (skill meaning QB skills - X and O, ability to read, and accuracy). And his dad is an Elder legend.

The Hambleton kid obviously has the physical advantage (size, speed, strength). He's pretty good in the others things too...I'd probably give him a slight advantage at this point because of his size.

But I wouldn't say it's a done deal at all.

Last edited by trey2k; 07-30-17 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-30-17, 01:40 PM
All World

Quote:
From what I've seen of both (not a huge sample size), I would agree with this. The Keller kid is very smooth. He can make the right read (not easy for a kid that young) and throws a great ball. As I've said before, reminded me of Adam Ryan. I think he has the X and O and skill advantage (skill meaning QB skills - X and O, ability to read, and accuracy). And his dad is an Elder legend.

The Hambleton kid obviously has the physical advantage (size, speed, strength). He's pretty good in the others things too...I'd probably give him a slight advantage at this point because of his size.

But I wouldn't say it's a done deal at all.
Let's just be happy both are going to Elder. I'm sure either one will do very well under Ramsey's tutelage.
Old 08-04-17, 08:22 PM
All District

College#19 is on a distinguished road
I talked to my friend who has 2 boys playing at Saint Susanna. He said their Varsity Team looks pretty solid. He said they have one kid who is potentially going to be over weight to start the season but their top 12 to 15 players look really solid. He emphasized their RB is an absolute beast. He also mentioned Visitation supposedly has some players over weight as well. He thinks the team to watch out for at the Varsity level is IHM. They have a really good QB and a couple new kids.
Old 08-05-17, 09:35 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by College#19 View Post
I talked to my friend who has 2 boys playing at Saint Susanna. He said their Varsity Team looks pretty solid. He said they have one kid who is potentially going to be over weight to start the season but their top 12 to 15 players look really solid. He emphasized their RB is an absolute beast. He also mentioned Visitation supposedly has some players over weight as well. He thinks the team to watch out for at the Varsity level is IHM. They have a really good QB and a couple new kids.
Nobody here really cares about the teams, just which kids end up where.
Old 08-05-17, 11:16 AM
All District

voiceoreaso is on a distinguished road
St Susanna might be the team to beat. Their RB is really good. I also heard that IHM had some kids come in from somewhere. That will definitely help them. I was picking up one of my grand-kids from practice last week and talked to a couple of parents and visi doesn't have a bunch of kids over the limit. They might have 8-10 between 150-165. The kid over 165 looked great and will definitely make the weight. He really grew a lot and thinned a little. Their QB was his usual self and just flicking passes 40-45 yards with ease. I was shocked because he is easily 6'1 now.
Old 08-05-17, 04:24 PM
All World

Does Hambleton just play QB?
Old 08-06-17, 11:58 PM
All District

College#19 is on a distinguished road
Hambleton plays QB and OLB. The kid has a rocket for an arm and he can run like a deer. I think Hambleton (Visitation) and Vrsansky (Susanna) are the two best players in the GCYL. Both are very physical and have outstanding speed.

I am not familiar with the Kellar kid but he better be an absolute stud if he is going to play QB over Hambleton. I have been watching football at this level for a long time and Hambleton is the best all around athlete I have seen play the QB at this level. The kid has a rocket for an arm, makes great decisions, and also can throw with a soft touch when needed. I almost bet he dresses Varsity for Elder next season.
Old 08-07-17, 07:42 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I would play them both at QB...but that never seems to happen, which I rarely understand.

To me, freshman and JV football (or any sport) records mean absolutely nothing. It's a chance to watch a variety of kids compete for Varsity spots. Most teams don't work that way...they pick a kid and go with him. Every now and then, someone takes a spot, but it doesn't happen very often.
They do this more than you think, especially at the Freshmen level.
Old 08-07-17, 07:55 AM
All District

As of now Hambleton is not starting on defense. Supposedly they are planning on him just subbing in at safety in situations. Not sure how long that will last. I was surprised when I was told that
Old 08-07-17, 07:58 AM
All World

Why were my comments deleted and not ReLoad's?
Old 08-07-17, 08:54 AM
All Region

purpleandwhite
Any word on Victory's numbers with the price hill schools joining up on varsity? There were a couple of kids on Williams team that should excel playing with a bigger program
Old 08-07-17, 09:08 AM
All American

trey2k is on a distinguished road
Mine were deleted too...and there was nothing wrong with them.
Old 08-07-17, 09:19 AM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleandwhite View Post
Any word on Victory's numbers with the price hill schools joining up on varsity? There were a couple of kids on Williams team that should excel playing with a bigger program
Not sure about numbers but just from what I saw last week there are a couple of big athletic looking kids on Victory's varsity from William's.
Old 08-07-17, 09:23 AM
All World

Quote:
Mine were deleted too...and there was nothing wrong with them.
As long as ReLoad/Tree Branch is banned, I don't care.
Old 08-07-17, 10:44 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not sure on exact number but was told mid-20s.
Old 08-07-17, 11:40 AM
All District

There best player is from St Lawrence. He is a good athlete
Old 08-07-17, 12:54 PM
All World

Quote:
EHS01's moderating is out of control. However, someone PM'd me saying he wears an Elder Jersey to practice. Doesn't mean Lancesuckers won't try to snatch him away.

Last edited by EHS 2001; 08-07-17 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-07-17, 01:04 PM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
From what I've seen of him in just one week, he's very impressive. Kid is big and runs really well. Looks like he has great hands also.
Old 08-07-17, 01:14 PM
All Region

purpleandwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
From what I've seen of him in just one week, he's very impressive. Kid is big and runs really well. Looks like he has great hands also.
He could really compliment the Visi/Antoninus kids next year. Especially if Ramsey brings a couple of his friends with him.
Old 08-07-17, 01:34 PM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
He could really compliment the Visi/Antoninus kids next year. Especially if Ramsey brings a couple of his friends with him.
I agree. He would be a great compliment to those QB's, assuming he goes to Elder.
Old 08-07-17, 02:39 PM
All World

Talking to the coach I know at OLV, he's firm on Elder. The staff at OLV is well aware LS will be making a move at some point.
Old 08-07-17, 02:45 PM
Freshman

Westsidepublic is on a distinguished road
are there any athletes from the traditional feeder schools not going to Elder??
Old 08-08-17, 01:25 PM
All Ohio

Patchwork is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidepublic View Post
are there any athletes from the traditional feeder schools not going to Elder??
We really wont know until December when all the chaos starts, but I haven't heard of detractors just yet.
Old 08-08-17, 02:25 PM
All District

It's still early but I have heard one of visi good players might be going to X and that LaSalle is hard after another one. I also heard that LaSalle is after the kid now playing for Victory. My guess is that most will go to Elder