Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-20-17, 01:01 PM
Varsity

fearthekeeper is on a distinguished road
Odp

I'd like to hear thoughts on ODP. Is it worthwhile? How is the training? Will the DA replace ODP? Only thing I've heard from some is that it's very political and in a lot of cases the best players don't necessarily always get picked. Who knows if this sentiment is due to their kids not getting picked.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-17, 05:30 PM
Junior Varsity

Bucknut3 is on a distinguished road
My daughter made the ODP State team four years in a row but was never held over. Ohio South beat some teams 8-0 and the losing team would have holdovers. I considered it an opportunity to get multiple touches and experience with a new position ( defense) after playing forward all her life. She now plays and starts for a highly rated ECNL club and is being recruited to play in college so I think it was worthwhile. Just my two cents.
Old 06-20-17, 06:41 PM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
Just look at those that have gotten literally "FAT" off of ODP.

Money Grab!

Legalized Theft!

End of Story!

But hey, let's name a tournament after those that care so much about our kids.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-17, 08:37 PM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
I think ODP's influence wanes more each year. I've seen some pretty recognizable names listed at the regional level, but coaches say that it lacks the depth it had 10 years ago.
Old 06-21-17, 04:54 PM
Junior Varsity

Bucknut3 is on a distinguished road
Agree Hoosier. There was nowhere near the depth of talent, especially at the U16 and up. Too much nepotism and no real structured advancement has effectively killed it off. The DA will complete the job.
Old 06-23-17, 08:11 AM
All American

Where are our ODP fat cats at? Come on and defend your theft, I mean program!! Hey, let's get some parents to work the camps and then their LIL MIA can be a STUD!
Old 06-23-17, 11:40 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Gotta agree with Buck on this one. Always thought it was a waste of time and money. Travel to Bowling Green, KY or wherever on a Sunday afternoon to play some Tennessee team. Practice once in awhile in some remote place. Club has enough running around putting miles on the car and overnights we didn't need anymore. We said no way from the get go.
Old 06-25-17, 05:05 PM
Varsity

pricesoccer17 is on a distinguished road
ODP is ran by CUP and their coaches until this year with the DA. Now that most of the CUP kids pulled out, other kids from other clubs made up the ODP pools.

In the past every CUP kid made State and or regionals. Sick of the monopoly in this area and glad my kids are done with club soccer especially in ohio south. The politics of ODP and CUP owning everything around here makes it hard for me to think anything related to them is fair game. One particuar coach needs to stop building his resume and do what is best for the kids. They have their hands in all the colleges as well. I do not believe for one second every single girl on their rosters WANT to attend D1 schools as they are. They all commit super early before they really have a chance to look at schools. I find it interesting every year when many of their studs transfer out of their D1 programs into programs they actually want and can play at. I know handful of these kids in the past had to wait 2-3 years to see much field time. They have four years left to play their sport and they spend the last 3 stressed out, owned by their D1 program, and not playing much. Pair this with all their ODP crap and money grabbing extras, many of these kids cant even enjoy their lives or proms or anything extra.

So my point is, save your money. Get your kid great training. They dont need ODP to go to college. My son had D1 offers, D2 offers, D3 and NAIA. HE got more money from NAIA out of state than any other offer. My daughter got to play more for a good D2 school than all her ODP D1 loving CUP girls. At least until half of them transferred.

Parents need to stop pushing their little Mias and let them rest.
Old 06-25-17, 08:55 PM
All Ohio

Juan Pelota is on a distinguished road
fixed.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricesoccer17 View Post
One particular coach, with a Napoleon complex and that is about as tall as Napoleon was, needs to stop building his resume and do what is best for the kids.
Old 06-26-17, 10:39 AM
All American

NfamousWayneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NfamousWayneFan
I wonder why the lack of depth in ODP?......
Oh yeah, because "It's a waste of time and money", "It's a money grab".

I do wonder about the selection of kids. But I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as people complain as it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-17, 09:21 AM
All American

I know Ohio South reads Yappi. Why not post the pay packages the fat cats receive. How about traveling expenses? Oh the perks are tremendous. What a boys club. Geez, forgot............ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!
Old 07-06-17, 09:51 AM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshooter5 View Post
I know Ohio South reads Yappi. Why not post the pay packages the fat cats receive. How about traveling expenses? Oh the perks are tremendous. What a boys club. Geez, forgot............ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!
Actually the coaches pay for this is not good. The directors may get paid well.
Old 07-06-17, 09:55 AM
All American

Therein lies the separation. I know many coaches that have participated in ODP that do it strictly for the kids. Fat Cats........those above.
Old 07-07-17, 10:19 AM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Pelota View Post
fixed.......
Whats been fixed? This is a great coach that does a lot for those that he works with but like all coaches he is not a fit for every kid.
Old 07-19-17, 07:11 PM
All Region

Gameday10 is on a distinguished road
ODP is a waste. I worked it a few years back being a volunteer admin.

I had fun but to watch the crap behind the scenes was a joke.

Ohio South took to many players and watered down the talent. IMO a smaller amount of actual good players should go and Ohio South should pay half and the club should pay half. After all the club gets to benefit about bragging how many players they sent to ODP. When I was at the camp Ohio South was looked upon as a joke because of the amount of unskilled players they brought.
Everyone knew it was just for the money.
Old 07-19-17, 07:14 PM
Junior Varsity

ohiosoccer1 is on a distinguished road
I'd agree with most of the others - a nice promotional tool for the players who participate and advance, but losing influence and importance every year. I think of the top players I work with every year (I coach both boys and girls at a high level in HS and club) - very few if any participate in ODP. But it is another chance to get touches, work with different coaches, and get (minimal) exposure.
Old 07-20-17, 10:06 AM
All American

So laughable. Let's name tournaments and fields after those that gave so much to the sport. LMAO................they padded their wallets! My God if we only knew how much was made, salaries, perks. Every time I go off, just got to pull myself back and remember.......it really is just about the kids.
Old 07-20-17, 11:37 AM
All Ohio

Soccer Toe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So laughable. Let's name tournaments and fields after those that gave so much to the sport. LMAO................they padded their wallets! My God if we only knew how much was made, salaries, perks. Every time I go off, just got to pull myself back and remember.......it really is just about the kids.
OSYSA was definitely financially stable during those times ... but I certainly agree, the pay and the benefits came from parents wallets.
Old 07-20-17, 12:47 PM
All American

BINGO BOY showed them the way. Follow me to the promise land he said. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 07-21-17, 07:42 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure class View Post
Coachg, dont you find it weird complimenting yourself on here? You think none of us dont know who you are, and this is only one of your handles on here.
BAHAHAHAHAHA - lol I am not that coach.. lol lol I am bit taller... But nice try.. Keep fishing.... Oh and I use only one name on here unlike so many others.....

Last edited by coachg; 07-24-17 at 09:21 AM..
Old 07-23-17, 09:27 PM
All Ohio

Soccer Toe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
BINGO BOY showed them the way. Follow me to the promise land he said. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
What was Jim's involvement?
Old 07-24-17, 08:20 AM
All American

Have to ask him. I think the "bingo days" showed many in our area how to print $$$$. I mean how to help the kids. Just business.
Old 07-24-17, 09:25 AM
All District

Ruger is on a distinguished road
Wow
Who said anything about Jim ?

You obviously know something ?

Want to tell us all ?
Old 07-24-17, 11:18 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure class View Post
Coachg, dont you find it weird complimenting yourself on here? You think none of us dont know who you are, and this is only one of your handles on here.
Pure just for entertainment reasons what other name do you think I use on here. Careful you may offend others by mistaking them from me. lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: