Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 07-07-17, 11:11 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 1,316
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Eh...parkway and Bremen don't have issues filling their ooc. Msml does because teams are scared, coldwater has had to travel a couple of hours but I would rather play those teams than having that one more league foe. Coldwater and your Indians over reached nxt year with valley and massie. That loss will keep ft rec out of the pkayoffs, coldwater likely can rebound from losing to Massie if they can beat kenton, if they lose to Kenton then it will be a 3 to 4 loss season after the flyer game, which woild be no bueno.


With that said though....the rotating schedule has been fantastic for the league. It gives teams more power to control their destiny. Didn't parkway go 8 and 2 winning their OOC game and missing? That helped the league react very quickly and wisely
The only way Parkway makes the play-offs in 07 is if they did not play Coldwater or ML their 2 losses. D-5 is a lot tougher to qualify for the play-offs than D-6 with 8 wins. The Mac had 4 teams that year win 2 or less games and all 4 loss their non-league games. Very debatable if a rotating schedule would have helped Parkway make the play-offs that year.

Last edited by Stirred not Shaken; 07-07-17 at 11:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 07-07-17, 11:15 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 5,992
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
The only way Parkway makes the play-offs in 07 is if they did not play Coldwater or ML their 2 losses. D-5 is a lot tougher to qualify for the play-offs than D-6 with 8 wins. The Mac had 4 teams that year win 2 or less games and all 4 loss their non-league games. Very debatable if a rotating schedule would have helped Parkway make the play-offs that year.
I forget all the specifics of that season but if pw had another OOC game that season and won I and that team had a respectable season instead of a league win against a team with a similar record it most times will get you Moe points all other things being equal. The league saw the issue and fixed it and since then the league has flourished even more and I can almost assure you it has helped much more than I they had stayed with 9 league gsmes
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 07-08-17, 07:13 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 1,316
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
I forget all the specifics of that season but if pw had another OOC game that season and won I and that team had a respectable season instead of a league win against a team with a similar record it most times will get you Moe points all other things being equal. The league saw the issue and fixed it and since then the league has flourished even more and I can almost assure you it has helped much more than I they had stayed with 9 league gsmes
With 7 divisions I really see no need for rotating schedule any more, I mean if you can't win more than 5 or 6 games do you really have an argument about not making the play-offs. Plus it does make scheduling very difficult just ask Tim Goodwin and if FR defeats VV the next 2 years who do you think is going to want to play the Indians in non-league. Last 2 seasons Fort Recovery played Fort Loramie def. the Redskins I believe by a combined 76-6, the Indians probably had very few options this year other than Valley View. Very few if any D-6 or D-7 teams are going to want to play ML or FR in the near future. Plus I believe everyone should play a full league schedule, last year FR did not play Anna where Minster did. Minster did not play Parkway is that fair ?
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 07-08-17, 09:21 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 1,316
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
DSJ is playing D-3 Toledo Woodward this season what happened with their rotation of playing Bath and Elida every other year.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 07-08-17, 10:28 AM
Blue Jay Fan Blue Jay Fan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-04-03
Location: Delphos
Posts: 768
Blue Jay Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
DSJ is playing D-3 Toledo Woodward this season what happened with their rotation of playing Bath and Elida every other year.
Bath and Elida opted out.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 07-08-17, 01:09 PM
Cavman96 Cavman96 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-14-14
Posts: 297
Cavman96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
With 7 divisions I really see no need for rotating schedule any more, I mean if you can't win more than 5 or 6 games do you really have an argument about not making the play-offs. Plus it does make scheduling very difficult just ask Tim Goodwin and if FR defeats VV the next 2 years who do you think is going to want to play the Indians in non-league. Last 2 seasons Fort Recovery played Fort Loramie def. the Redskins I believe by a combined 76-6, the Indians probably had very few options this year other than Valley View. Very few if any D-6 or D-7 teams are going to want to play ML or FR in the near future. Plus I believe everyone should play a full league schedule, last year FR did not play Anna where Minster did. Minster did not play Parkway is that fair ?
I'll agree to a point, but that's just because the powerhouses are all in the same region now. No disrespect to Anna, Versailles, or Minster. But, come on! Having 3 MAC teams in the state finals every year is kind of fun. I remember that 2007 season, and there's no reason why Parkway should not have made it in. They were 8-2, lost to 2 state champs, and were deserving.

I don't think the league had a choice back then. I do agree that scheduling has to be a nightmare. There's the opportunity for the CCC teams, I guess they must have gone to a similar concept.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 07-09-17, 12:50 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 5,992
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavman96 View Post
I'll agree to a point, but that's just because the powerhouses are all in the same region now. No disrespect to Anna, Versailles, or Minster. But, come on! Having 3 MAC teams in the state finals every year is kind of fun. I remember that 2007 season, and there's no reason why Parkway should not have made it in. They were 8-2, lost to 2 state champs, and were deserving.

I don't think the league had a choice back then. I do agree that scheduling has to be a nightmare. There's the opportunity for the CCC teams, I guess they must have gone to a similar concept.
It is impossible to prove but I wholeheartedly believe the move has contributed mightily to the unprecedented success of the league since then. There are other factors no doubt but that second OOC game has helped. When cw beat CBH after getting shutout offensively to Kenton did so much for the program after a huge graduation class and an unproven qb.

So what it is harder to schedule. In hear WBL fans whine that they have just one and feel it will never change because it is the easy way out in scheduling. CW may get beat by CM in wk 2 but it will go further in the development of the team than playing whom ever they don't face in the league this year. one has to be impressed how proactive they were in making a change. Adding Anna was to make it easier as teams were having a tough time finding OOC games but quickly fixed it. Sure it makes it tougher to schedule but outside of how they choose the coach of the year the league does what is best an nd not taking the easy way out. They could have kept it the same and teams would have just had to deal with it but we do what's best, not the most convenient
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 07-09-17, 08:41 AM
Cavman96 Cavman96 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-14-14
Posts: 297
Cavman96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
It is impossible to prove but I wholeheartedly believe the move has contributed mightily to the unprecedented success of the league since then. There are other factors no doubt but that second OOC game has helped. When cw beat CBH after getting shutout offensively to Kenton did so much for the program after a huge graduation class and an unproven qb.

So what it is harder to schedule. In hear WBL fans whine that they have just one and feel it will never change because it is the easy way out in scheduling. CW may get beat by CM in wk 2 but it will go further in the development of the team than playing whom ever they don't face in the league this year. one has to be impressed how proactive they were in making a change. Adding Anna was to make it easier as teams were having a tough time finding OOC games but quickly fixed it. Sure it makes it tougher to schedule but outside of how they choose the coach of the year the league does what is best an nd not taking the easy way out. They could have kept it the same and teams would have just had to deal with it but we do what's best, not the most convenient
Oh, I agree. I wouldn't count us out in week 2, though. In fact, I think we will be maybe just a bit better than we were last year. I can't wait to see what this quarterback can do.

Over in the CCC thread, they were talking about the possibility of bringing in New Bremen to the CCC. They were stating that it would be a better fit for them to help rebuild their program. I brought up the fact that just because a town is down in one sport doesn't mean that they're down in all sports. What do you guys think? I don't ever see that happening. Ft. Recovery is the prime example of what a few successful seasons can do for a program.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 07-09-17, 11:27 AM
bigkat bigkat is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,152
bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay Fan View Post
Bath and Elida opted out.
why would they do that?
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 07-09-17, 11:34 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 5,992
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavman96 View Post
Oh, I agree. I wouldn't count us out in week 2, though. In fact, I think we will be maybe just a bit better than we were last year. I can't wait to see what this quarterback can do.

Over in the CCC thread, they were talking about the possibility of bringing in New Bremen to the CCC. They were stating that it would be a better fit for them to help rebuild their program. I brought up the fact that just because a town is down in one sport doesn't mean that they're down in all sports. What do you guys think? I don't ever see that happening. Ft. Recovery is the prime example of what a few successful seasons can do for a program.
I saw the possible qb throw way, way too man ints last year and i don see the team being better than last year, but I could be wrong. You'll have to be my eyes and ears as I likely won't be around until the very end of the season and the stsrt of the playoffs. We will see when a qb can focus 100 percent on the positon. New Bremen has extremely low numbers, so few boys. Not every program can be a winner. I recall our Cavs being absolutely horrible in the not so distant past so anything ismpossible
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 07-09-17, 04:14 PM
Blue Jay Fan Blue Jay Fan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-04-03
Location: Delphos
Posts: 768
Blue Jay Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
why would they do that?
They wanted to play bigger and better. DSJ went 1-1 vs. Elida and 0-2 vs. Bath.

Elida 20 DSJ 0
DSJ 40 Elida 34 2 ot

Bath 35 DSJ 7
Bath 28 DSJ 27

Elida picked up Div III Tiffin. Bath picked up Div VI Allen East.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 07-09-17, 08:13 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 533
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavman96 View Post
Oh, I agree. I wouldn't count us out in week 2, though. In fact, I think we will be maybe just a bit better than we were last year. I can't wait to see what this quarterback can do.

Over in the CCC thread, they were talking about the possibility of bringing in New Bremen to the CCC. They were stating that it would be a better fit for them to help rebuild their program. I brought up the fact that just because a town is down in one sport doesn't mean that they're down in all sports. What do you guys think? I don't ever see that happening. Ft. Recovery is the prime example of what a few successful seasons can do for a program.
Like i asked on the ccc thread, why not merge New Knoxville into New Bremen? That'd give an opportunity for NK kids to play football (and other sports) and maybe bring Bremen's #'s back up
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 07-10-17, 10:30 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 5,992
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Like i asked on the ccc thread, why not merge New Knoxville into New Bremen? That'd give an opportunity for NK kids to play football (and other sports) and maybe bring Bremen's #'s back up
Not a fan of merging for athletic reasons. The only reason for a merge is if one or both schools cannot sustain themselves, sort of like Mendon Union. Many of their students ended up heading to Parkway, with no additional success to their program and maybe even forces them a bump up some seasons (just my speculation) and to celina. If NK could no longer function then it would be time to close up shop and their students go to surrounding schools. To blindly just roll them up into nb may not be wah is bed for some sections of the current nk district.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 07-10-17, 04:47 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 1,008
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Not a fan of merging for athletic reasons. The only reason for a merge is if one or both schools cannot sustain themselves, sort of like Mendon Union. Many of their students ended up heading to Parkway, with no additional success to their program and maybe even forces them a bump up some seasons (just my speculation) and to celina. If NK could no longer function then it would be time to close up shop and their students go to surrounding schools. To blindly just roll them up into nb may not be wah is bed for some sections of the current nk district.
I believe NK students can go to another district to play football since their school does not offer it.

I know a few years back FR had a kid wrestle for Coldwater but attended FR.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 07-10-17, 05:12 PM
Cavman96 Cavman96 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-14-14
Posts: 297
Cavman96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
I saw the possible qb throw way, way too man ints last year and i don see the team being better than last year, but I could be wrong. You'll have to be my eyes and ears as I likely won't be around until the very end of the season and the stsrt of the playoffs. We will see when a qb can focus 100 percent on the positon. New Bremen has extremely low numbers, so few boys. Not every program can be a winner. I recall our Cavs being absolutely horrible in the not so distant past so anything ismpossible
The question marks should be our kicker, secondary, and who's our qb going to throw to. Why we didn't use our jv kicker at state is beyond me. Because the kid looked ok at the jv level. But maybe he was hurt, I don't know. We have a few big guys coming back on the line, and providing the kids stay healthy, we should be fine there, on both sides of the ball. At linebacker, we have the Hartings kid, we have the Obringer kid, and like I stated before, I really like the way the Thomas kid hit last year in JV. So I think we'll be fine there as well. Obringer and Hartings will be our backs, so we just have to figure out who we'll mix and match at receiver, and we'll be fine.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 07-10-17, 06:28 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 533
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavman96 View Post
The question marks should be our kicker, secondary, and who's our qb going to throw to. Why we didn't use our jv kicker at state is beyond me. Because the kid looked ok at the jv level. But maybe he was hurt, I don't know. We have a few big guys coming back on the line, and providing the kids stay healthy, we should be fine there, on both sides of the ball. At linebacker, we have the Hartings kid, we have the Obringer kid, and like I stated before, I really like the way the Thomas kid hit last year in JV. So I think we'll be fine there as well. Obringer and Hartings will be our backs, so we just have to figure out who we'll mix and match at receiver, and we'll be fine.
Brad Giere was our lead back I believe last year so you cant forget about him. Him and Obringer are like a 1-2 punch. Hartings will probably play receiver I would think like he did last year but last year we had more running backs then we did receivers it seemed like. The 2 returning guards have me excited for our running game. The rest will be positioned in camp.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 07-10-17, 09:25 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 5,992
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavman96 View Post
The question marks should be our kicker, secondary, and who's our qb going to throw to. Why we didn't use our jv kicker at state is beyond me. Because the kid looked ok at the jv level. But maybe he was hurt, I don't know. We have a few big guys coming back on the line, and providing the kids stay healthy, we should be fine there, on both sides of the ball. At linebacker, we have the Hartings kid, we have the Obringer kid, and like I stated before, I really like the way the Thomas kid hit last year in JV. So I think we'll be fine there as well. Obringer and Hartings will be our backs, so we just have to figure out who we'll mix and match at receiver, and we'll be fine.
CW has been qb centric for a very, very long time so how that position performs is the engine that drives the machine. The run game typically has come down to how well the qb Totes it and unless they institute a new style that will continue. Yeah, they may be good backs but the scheme is not like msml where they hand and pitch it and let them do their thing. The offense will hinge on the qb throwing and running it and the rbs will be supplementary. Wr does become a concern as well. I'd you watched jv as you state then you as well should be concerned at the rate of INTs
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 07-11-17, 09:33 AM
bigkat bigkat is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,152
bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
I believe NK students can go to another district to play football since their school does not offer it.

I know a few years back FR had a kid wrestle for Coldwater but attended FR.
I may be wrong, but the KId has to be enrolled in the school that he plays the sport for
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 07-11-17, 10:01 AM
fortfan fortfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-26-08
Location: Fort Recovery, Ohio
Posts: 344
fortfan is on a distinguished road
Is this still the case??

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...schoolers.html
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 07-11-17, 10:06 AM
serpico serpico is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,167
serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
I may be wrong, but the KId has to be enrolled in the school that he plays the sport for
Not totally true. As fortfan pointed out, home-schoolers can play sports in 'their' district but students in one district cannot play at another district simply because their school doesn't offer the sport.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 07-11-17, 03:42 PM
Cavman96 Cavman96 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-14-14
Posts: 297
Cavman96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Brad Giere was our lead back I believe last year so you cant forget about him. Him and Obringer are like a 1-2 punch. Hartings will probably play receiver I would think like he did last year but last year we had more running backs then we did receivers it seemed like. The 2 returning guards have me excited for our running game. The rest will be positioned in camp.
Absolutely. Giere was the lead back, that's right. Can't believe I didn't mention him. What do we do then? Line 2 of them up at slots, or maybe 1 at TE and do whatever? I would think that we can find someone on that roster who catch a deep pass.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 07-11-17, 04:27 PM
bigkat bigkat is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,152
bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Not totally true. As fortfan pointed out, home-schoolers can play sports in 'their' district but students in one district cannot play at another district simply because their school doesn't offer the sport.
of course homeschool Kids can play sports in their school districts, but Fortfan said that the kid went to school at the FORT but wrestled in Coldwater.....I assume that is not allowed
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 07-11-17, 04:34 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 533
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavman96 View Post
Absolutely. Giere was the lead back, that's right. Can't believe I didn't mention him. What do we do then? Line 2 of them up at slots, or maybe 1 at TE and do whatever? I would think that we can find someone on that roster who catch a deep pass.
We have more receivers than last year I think. Well that are ready for varsity I should say. Hartings I think will be out wide and will be one of our leading receivers. This season's juniors have a few able bodies that can play receiver. Ive stated quite a few names that could probably play. Payton Goodwin, Jack Muhlenkamp (Senior), Jacob Wenning, Paul Buschur, Ben Wenning, etc. TE wise has Caleb Dippold and Creighton Bettinger both listed and if one can catch then that'll fill that void. I started to think a little bit and I might catch some flack for this but we probably try out an I-Formation package and see if we can do it. Cant be any worse than when coach Reed (god rest his soul) tried implementing a wishbone package my freshman year. The way we rotated running backs last year seemed to work alright.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 07-11-17, 05:24 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 5,992
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
We have more receivers than last year I think. Well that are ready for varsity I should say. Hartings I think will be out wide and will be one of our leading receivers. This season's juniors have a few able bodies that can play receiver. Ive stated quite a few names that could probably play. Payton Goodwin, Jack Muhlenkamp (Senior), Jacob Wenning, Paul Buschur, Ben Wenning, etc. TE wise has Caleb Dippold and Creighton Bettinger both listed and if one can catch then that'll fill that void. I started to think a little bit and I might catch some flack for this but we probably try out an I-Formation package and see if we can do it. Cant be any worse than when coach Reed (god rest his soul) tried implementing a wishbone package my freshman year. The way we rotated running backs last year seemed to work alright.
The only way I see the I formation making a regular appearance is if they wholeheartedly don't believe in the QB. Coach Otten has done something thst coach Reed found it very difficult to do and that is effectively run out of this scheme with the RB, except for when Ross was the RB but that was because he was just thst good. COACH Otten has taken the offense to the next level and made it more diverse than ever in playing to the strength of the talent he has. I look for the spread to continue and finding creative ways to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers.......just not out of the I formation. It could make an appearwnce but they won't try to reinvent the wheel....just alter it enough to utilize the team strengths. You cannot just run out every set and expecting to work.....you know the saying Jack of all trades, master of none,,,,,,
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 07-11-17, 08:15 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 533
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
The only way I see the I formation making a regular appearance is if they wholeheartedly don't believe in the QB. Coach Otten has done something thst coach Reed found it very difficult to do and that is effectively run out of this scheme with the RB, except for when Ross was the RB but that was because he was just thst good. COACH Otten has taken the offense to the next level and made it more diverse than ever in playing to the strength of the talent he has. I look for the spread to continue and finding creative ways to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers.......just not out of the I formation. It could make an appearwnce but they won't try to reinvent the wheel....just alter it enough to utilize the team strengths. You cannot just run out every set and expecting to work.....you know the saying Jack of all trades, master of none,,,,,,
Definitely not saying we should look like Marion but I think inside the red zone it'd work. For the most part we'll look like we usually do offensive wise. I know you have concern about Sam's Int's as do I but I think once he gains confidence in his arm, the Int's will go down. The running game should help immensely.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 07-11-17, 08:22 PM
bigkat bigkat is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,152
bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
The only way I see the I formation making a regular appearance is if they wholeheartedly don't believe in the QB. Coach Otten has done something thst coach Reed found it very difficult to do and that is effectively run out of this scheme with the RB, except for when Ross was the RB but that was because he was just thst good. COACH Otten has taken the offense to the next level and made it more diverse than ever in playing to the strength of the talent he has. I look for the spread to continue and finding creative ways to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers.......just not out of the I formation. It could make an appearwnce but they won't try to reinvent the wheel....just alter it enough to utilize the team strengths. You cannot just run out every set and expecting to work.....you know the saying Jack of all trades, master of none,,,,,,
Coldwater has always had that QB that could throw the quick outs, every once in while throw a couple of Fly patterns....and of course tuck and run when he had too......can the boys do that, then u have a boy that can run Coldwaters offense...
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 07-11-17, 08:46 PM
clarity clarity is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-14-16
Posts: 67
clarity is on a distinguished road
I think your wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
of course homeschool Kids can play sports in their school districts, but Fortfan said that the kid went to school at the FORT but wrestled in Coldwater.....I assume that is not allowed
I think you are wrong about this. I am about 99% sure the kid did go to school at FR and wrestled at Coldwater. I will confirm it tomorrow with his dad. Because FR doesn't offer wrestling he was allowed to compete for Coldwater.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 07-11-17, 08:58 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,197
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortfan View Post
I think, I know the big cities were going to sue over having to count STEM kids. Idk if OHSAA got rid of that count. OHSAA should count students the 1st week of school since the number is not the actually enrollment numbers.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 07-11-17, 09:15 PM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 5,992
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Definitely not saying we should look like Marion but I think inside the red zone it'd work. For the most part we'll look like we usually do offensive wise. I know you have concern about Sam's Int's as do I but I think once he gains confidence in his arm, the Int's will go down. The running game should help immensely.
Here is the thing though.......do you really want to change the scheme just because you get into the red zone? Go to the I and you take away our "favorite"and very effective pass play....

Imthink the spread, forcing the defense to also spread out the defense.....go to the I and then you also go at least one TE which leaves just 2 WR, and in turn more guys in the ox to defend the run. If there was one flawmin coach Reed offense was the inability to run the ball from the RB, or WR, position and I think much of it was scheme with the offset I out of the Cav gun and a TE. It telegraphed intentions and also put more in the box


Dance with whom you take to the dance, and her name is still the spread offense.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 07-11-17, 09:23 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,197
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Spread pick plays are fun to watch in the red zone if ran perfect. So rare in high school
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Southwestern Conference (NEO) cjb56 Football 147 10-16-17 11:14 AM
2017 CCC (Cross County Conference) joe51391 Football 179 10-14-17 10:47 AM
Fenwick Duals December 27th-28th 2017 CoachCoffey Tournaments looking for teams, open tournaments, wrestling camps/clubs, etc. 16 10-04-17 03:43 AM
100 Days left before the beginning of the 2017 Ohio High School Football Season IUDOGS Football 81 08-23-17 08:56 AM
Chagrin Valley Conference Accepting Applications for Conference Commissioner coachpeters General Board 0 05-04-17 04:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz