Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Moeller Crusaders

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-14-17, 05:26 PM
Junior Varsity

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
It would be nice to have a set of the old uniforms with the stars on them with the royal blue jersey and of course the stars.
Old 01-15-17, 05:22 PM
Freshman

Fake Taxi is on a distinguished road
Moeller should just build a dome behind the school. That way they don't have to worry about the neighbors complaining about lights. It'll be just like a big basketball game.
Old 01-15-17, 06:52 PM
All Ohio

LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeprep21 View Post
Moeller is in fact turning away applicants. Last school year's incoming freshman class had over 400 applicants and admitted right around 250. It's not necessarily a motivation to "change" anything on the administration's part, but certainly you must continue to evolve in order to remain desirable. When you're desirable you have the luxury of turning away students. I know from reliable people that Moeller has decided pretty firmly on a cap of 1K students. There are many financial variables that go into that # so no need to bore you with the minutia but it's definitely capped at 1k.

The other thing I'd like to add, in response to LEONARD's plea to Mike Asbeck is this; Allow me to preface this with I am not intimately involved with the athletic department anymore. I donate money but I have zero involvement or influence within the department. However, I do have friends that are still very much involved with the department. Some of them are head coaches of various sports at various levels. Each of them, to a man, has told me almost the exact same thing regarding Asbeck. He tends to be more concerned with the financial viability/stability of the athletic department than he is with just winning. It's not that winning isn't important to him, but he feels he is first tasked with making sure that the athletic department is a good financial steward to the rest of the school. I've been told that Mike acts more as a CFO than a COO to put it in corporate terms. Again, I don't know this to be true myself but I certainly trust the people who have expressed those opinions. Ultimately, if true, I don't even know one way or another if that's such a bad thing. If the administration is telling him that his first objective is to maintain a sound balance sheet then I guess who can really blame him? Personally, I want a guy at that position who is Hell-bent on making every program within the school a state championship caliber program but if his boss is giving him other orders then you can't really fault him.
Thank you for educating me on things moeprep. I am very happy to hear that Moeller is having no problem obtaining students. I can see both sides of the financial argument but, isn't it a given as a AD to keep the department financially sound? I am sure he is a nice guy, he's not doing an awful job but Moeller is not Fenwick. Two very different worlds.

As far as the whole logo thing this all could be resolved in an hour if they just sat down and decided on something. Heck let Mr.Woolry's photoshop classes have a contest to design a new one.

Weird stadium idea:
1. play all home games on sat afternoon. Resolves lighting issue.
2. build a massive "home" grandstand on what is now the away sidelines. Turn the current home side into the away.
3. Find a place were fans can park and Moe provide a shuttle- from Montgomery kroger or Kenwood mall for example.
4. Since your gonna put the new home side on what is now the soccer field, look into creating a practice facility somewhere off campus. Much easier to create a practice area similar to what Elder or CHCA have than build a whole stadium off site.
Old 01-16-17, 04:04 PM
Freshman

Fake Taxi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONARD View Post
Thank you for educating me on things moeprep. I am very happy to hear that Moeller is having no problem obtaining students. I can see both sides of the financial argument but, isn't it a given as a AD to keep the department financially sound? I am sure he is a nice guy, he's not doing an awful job but Moeller is not Fenwick. Two very different worlds.

As far as the whole logo thing this all could be resolved in an hour if they just sat down and decided on something. Heck let Mr.Woolry's photoshop classes have a contest to design a new one.

Weird stadium idea:
2. build a massive "home" grandstand on what is now the away sidelines. Turn the current home side into the away.
3. Find a place were fans can park and Moe provide a shuttle- from Montgomery kroger or Kenwood mall for example.
4. Since your gonna put the new home side on what is now the soccer field, look into creating a practice facility somewhere off campus. Much easier to create a practice area similar to what Elder or CHCA have than build a whole stadium off site.
They could put turf in behind all saints and make that into the soccer field and use that for practice.
Old 01-16-17, 04:10 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Weird stadium idea:
Should have built parking UNDER Faust complex
Old 01-17-17, 01:49 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Should have built parking UNDER Faust complex
have a park and shuttle from sycamore Jr high. Give sycamore the or % of parking $ in return.
Old 01-17-17, 02:29 PM
All Region

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Are all of these stadium ideas idle chatter to fill the time until real football talk starts back up? While I understand the desire for their own stadium are people that upset with playing at Lockland? The Moeller faithful pull off a good tailgate at Lockland and seem to have adapted nicely.

The perfect solution would be to work a deal out with Sycamore to use their stadium. Its right around the corner from Moeller and it would allow Sycamore to generate some revenue when its not in use.

I realize there has been some bad blood between the two schools but if they put it aside it would be a great solution.
Old 01-17-17, 04:29 PM
All American

moeprep21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLFan99 View Post
Are all of these stadium ideas idle chatter to fill the time until real football talk starts back up? While I understand the desire for their own stadium are people that upset with playing at Lockland? The Moeller faithful pull off a good tailgate at Lockland and seem to have adapted nicely.

The perfect solution would be to work a deal out with Sycamore to use their stadium. Its right around the corner from Moeller and it would allow Sycamore to generate some revenue when its not in use.

I realize there has been some bad blood between the two schools but if they put it aside it would be a great solution.
I don't believe "the bad blood" has anything to do a lack of deal between Moe & Sycamore in regards to use of their stadium. For one, the bad blood has subsided over the years and the relationship is amicable enough. If it were so bad then Sycamore wouldn't be renting out their school buses for every team at Moeller to use for local road game transit.

My guess is it comes down to money and scheduling logistics. Lockland simply is more flexible and less expensive than renting out Sycamore for the simple fact that they need the additional revenue stream from Moeller far more than Sycamore does.
Old 01-17-17, 09:25 PM
All American

Quote:
have a park and shuttle from sycamore Jr high. Give sycamore the or % of parking $ in return.
I was also thinking because there isn't enough parking just for daily use
Old 01-19-17, 08:31 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
I was also thinking because there isn't enough parking just for daily use
Thats always been an issue. Just trying to find a way to play behind the school on a regular basis and give us some kind of a home field advantage. It may be odd for the visitors but isn't that the goal within reason? I remember Elder making us walk down flights of steps in the school with cleats on to get to one of the original locker rooms in the PIT.

We all know it is a different game/ a whole other animal playing @Elder or @X.
Would be nice if we could counter with something similar or even remotely close.
Old 01-19-17, 11:18 PM
All American

Quote:
Thats always been an issue. Just trying to find a way to play behind the school on a regular basis and give us some kind of a home field advantage. It may be odd for the visitors but isn't that the goal within reason? I remember Elder making us walk down flights of steps in the school with cleats on to get to one of the original locker rooms in the PIT.

We all know it is a different game/ a whole other animal playing @Elder or @X.
Would be nice if we could counter with something similar or even remotely close.
Yes! Having to take a bus to every single game is a disadvantage
Old 01-20-17, 08:20 AM
All Region

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately for the Moeller faithful those responsible for planning and building Moeller did not have the foresight to anticipate future growth of the school when they selected the current location.

Having said that Moeller has played their entire history at off sight locations and it certainly has not seemed to have impacted the success of the program. I am sure a number of schools with on campus fields would gladly trade that benefit for multiple state titles.

There is no feasible solution for Moeller to build an on campus stadium, short of buying all the homes behind the school. Finding a way to play one game a year on campus, like this past season, is probably the best compromise.
Old 01-23-17, 03:21 PM
All Ohio

bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
Fellas, the stadium idea I've heard since 1996 and it's now 2017. Ain't happening.

The idea of building a 5K stadium on campus...ain't happening.

Lack of foresight? Maybe, don't really care. When I played at Moeller, we traveled to Galbraith and it was awesome. This is pre-Faust Center, so the idea of playing a homegame literally onsite at Moeller as a senior would've been terrible and I still think it's a lame idea.

I would do everything I could to make amends with Sycamore or continue playing at Lockland and maybe try and bring the place up to code and the 21st century.

The real problem is how the football program has gotten so bad in just a few years. How can a program with at least 5 Division I football players a year be so bad!

On the field result are, first and foremost, the most pressing issue over on Montgomery Road. Does anyone know if there is any changes coming to the coaching staff that might actually help steer the program in the right direction? If there are none, I truly expect absolutely no difference in results on the field.

Anyone have any idea when the turf would need replaced, it's gotta be going on 10 years, right? That stupid, horrible off-centered M needs to be fixed too.

Any proposed changes to the Gallenstein Center?
Old 01-23-17, 09:48 PM
All American

moeprep21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengoldblinders View Post

Any proposed changes to the Gallenstein Center?
You touched on a lot of issues in your post but I'll mention what I've heard about the above topic in particular. There isn't really any grand ideas to do much with the Gallenstein Center. Quite frankly, it adequately serves its purpose for the time being. That purpose mainly being an indoor space for athletic practices/activities when need be, physical education space, and some storage. I don't think there are any classrooms in there anymore but I could be mistaken. I think the band room is the only "classroom" left in the facility. The upstairs baseball hitting space is probably as nice and useful as some small college's baseball facilities. The only idea I heard being tossed around was possibly laying an artificial turf surface over the existing concrete floor but that's about it. I'm not sure if that proposal went anywhere as it has been a couple of years since it was kicked around.
Old 01-23-17, 10:29 PM
All Ohio

Gallenstein Center?, you mean the AC! Would be nice to have an indoor field turf building.

As far as the stadium... I was a little dude when Galbrieth was being used. Was it much bigger than an average high school stadium?

Nippert was our home when I was there. Was pretty cool to call Nippert your home stadium but playing X in front of 10k+ the stadium still felt empty.

I like to think Lockland's geographical location allows families and boys to be exposed to Moeller who don't live in Kenwood, Mason, Lakotas' etc. Extend our reach farther south and west.

Sycamore. Makes alot of sense for both schools. But im sure rent is alot higher.

Some different ideas.

Marriemont, Maderia, deer park,IH?
Old 01-24-17, 07:07 AM
All Ohio

The Game
Galbraith was bigger than the "average" high school stadium. I thought it was a great place to watch a game. Like others have posted, I don't think Moeller will ever get their own stadium. Financially, it does not make sense. Other sports can be accommodated at the school fields. Moeller only plays a handful of "home" games a year for football. I think Lockland is a good stadium for football. The colors match and there is adequate seating. I don't recall any games being sold out at Lockland. I know some of the bigger St. X games have been moved to Nippert in the past. Parking is not the best, but it's no different than Elder or LaSalle. The school does a good job of decorating it so it feels like it is Moeller's stadium. With Moeller's tradition, it's great to think of them having their own stadium, but it just doesn't make sense unless someone wants to donate the money to buy land and build it. If that hasn't happened yet, I don't see it happening in the future.
Old 02-09-17, 08:59 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Taxi View Post
Can anyone confirm whether or not kicker Tommy Capano left Moeller?
Kicking someone's azz over a girl rarely ends well.
Old 02-09-17, 08:22 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Kicking someone's azz over a girl rarely ends well.
so I guess he was asked not to return rather than left.
Old 02-10-17, 03:43 PM
Junior Varsity

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Who cares where Capano is and how he left he's a Kicker/Punter! It's not like we lost Hawkins or Carpenter. Come on guys talk about something worth talking about
Old 02-12-17, 10:30 AM
All Ohio

Popps is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Big Moe ReBrand

Moeller has ReBranded colors, logos, shield, the new branding is to tie the whole school, academics, athletics, spiritual, alumni relations, etc. together.

Old 02-22-17, 08:18 AM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
Weeks of posting about stadiums and logos... Moeller needs to focus on fixing what's wrong with the play on the field. Oh, I know. "Schedule". When you have at least 5 D1 athletes the schedule shouldn't be that much of an impact. Moeller just clocked its first losing season in school history, the year before that Moeller was what 50/50 and all anybody wants to talk about is logos and stadiums? That pretty much wraps up the mindset of Moeller in general these days. Good luck this season.
Old 02-22-17, 09:16 AM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
Weeks of posting about stadiums and logos... Moeller needs to focus on fixing what's wrong with the play on the field. Oh, I know. "Schedule". When you have at least 5 D1 athletes the schedule shouldn't be that much of an impact. Moeller just clocked its first losing season in school history, the year before that Moeller was what 50/50 and all anybody wants to talk about is logos and stadiums? That pretty much wraps up the mindset of Moeller in general these days. Good luck this season.
ReLoad, Thanks for you ever positive insight into Moeller's program. 5 screen names? What personality do you take on as "Possessed"?
Old 03-01-17, 09:44 PM
All Ohio

Word is that stand out sophmore to be Caden Clark will transfer to Moeller from Archbishop Hoban. Was a max preps freshman all american for what its worth.
Old 03-01-17, 09:52 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard View Post
word is that stand out sophmore to be caden clark will transfer to moeller from archbishop hoban. Was a max preps freshman all american for what its worth.
qb?
Old 03-01-17, 10:04 PM
All Ohio

Te
Old 03-02-17, 09:52 AM
All American

Big D 185 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
ReLoad, Thanks for you ever positive insight into Moeller's program. 5 screen names? What personality do you take on as "Possessed"?
It's not ReLoad, it's Slide-BY.
A class of 2016 Moe Parent
Old 03-02-17, 11:54 AM
Junior Varsity

Real is on a distinguished road
Good ole Slideby
Old 03-02-17, 01:33 PM
All American

Quote:
Word is that stand out sophmore to be Caden Clark will transfer to Moeller from Archbishop Hoban. Was a max preps freshman all american for what its worth.
If true, that is pretty significant news for Big Moe. He is listed a 6'4 225 as a frosh, Looks like the TE position will continue be be a strength for for Moe.
Old 03-02-17, 01:54 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D 185 View Post
It's not ReLoad, it's Slide-BY.
A class of 2016 Moe Parent
Don't think so?
Old 03-02-17, 02:35 PM
All American

Big D 185 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Don't think so?
100% positive!
Slide-by and Possessed are one and the same.