Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-13-16, 12:56 AM
All Ohio

IRLMN1999 is on a distinguished road
Swbl 2017

Too early to look at prospects for next year?
Thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-16, 07:24 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Bulldogs win Buckeye Division.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-16, 11:52 AM
All Ohio

Three way battle for Southwestern with
Franklin, VV, and Bellbrook

Old 11-13-16, 11:52 AM
All Ohio

Franklin and VV should make runs at their respected Regions next season

Old 11-13-16, 01:12 PM
All Yappi

You never know what Waynesville and Carlisle will field. Milton returns some talent and a great coaching staff. Loved seeing Pearce and Lane both on the sideline last night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-16, 03:24 PM
All Ohio

Interested to see what happens with Brookville and Oakwood next year too.

Old 11-13-16, 05:59 PM
All Region

BBfootball92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bellbrook returns 12 starting Sophmores and 4-5 starting juniors. 2nd year under the new coaching staff and system! Expectations will be high to say the least , hope we can step up and make playoffs 7-3 didn't get it done this year
Old 11-13-16, 06:01 PM
All Region

Added Tipp to the schedule week 1 and are trying to add a few other teams in place of Fairborn . Also hoping Tecumseh can get back to being Tecumseh , would help a lot
Old 11-13-16, 06:06 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRLMN1999 View Post
Franklin and VV should make runs at their respected Regions next season

Uh Ryan Montgomery is the best player in the league returning for Franklin. They do lose 3 two way lineman and their best receiver and DB. Both inside backers are back and they are really good. Franklin should be really good next season.
Old 11-13-16, 11:04 PM
All American

AHS2007 is on a distinguished road
I miss those Alter verses BB football games.
Old 11-13-16, 11:23 PM
All Ohio

I see VV has added Ft Recovery to the schedule for next season

Old 11-14-16, 07:48 AM
All Yappi

Ft Recovery is D7. Very good team but I think they lose most of their talent after this year. Great scheduling by your AD. I wish MU would get some balls and schedule a MAC team.
Old 11-14-16, 01:31 PM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
League should be very good next year, Franklin returns 8 guys on offense who played a lot of snaps and 6 on defense who played a ton of snaps plus the best kicker in the league in Schneider, I look for them to repeat, but it won't be easy as I think the league is in for a great 2017. Franklin needs to live in the weight room they got owned on the LOS against St Mary's so the big boys need to be in the weight room form now until August if they want to be able to compete with teams like St Mary's, because the skill positions are there now it's on the line to get up to par.
Old 11-14-16, 05:23 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
League should be very good next year, Franklin returns 8 guys on offense who played a lot of snaps and 6 on defense who played a ton of snaps plus the best kicker in the league in Schneider, I look for them to repeat, but it won't be easy as I think the league is in for a great 2017. Franklin needs to live in the weight room they got owned on the LOS against St Mary's so the big boys need to be in the weight room form now until August if they want to be able to compete with teams like St Mary's, because the skill positions are there now it's on the line to get up to par.
Uh don't know where you got your numbers, but against Edgewood the kids that played a lot, Franklin loses 13 starters. 3 senior 2 way linemen, Moore a big fast RB , Kremer a very good 2 way receiver and DB. Franklin will be good because of Ryan Montgomery, but overall I think the team will be down a little.
Old 11-14-16, 07:42 PM
All Ohio

CHS91 is on a distinguished road
Carlisle returns 5 on Defense and 5 on Offense. The skilled positions will be good. We were young for the most part. We lose Reed but will have Chambers back next year also. I think we compete for a title imo.
Old 11-14-16, 08:18 PM
All Ohio

VV returns 8-9 starters/major minute players on each side of the ball.

Not to mention returning their entire offensive backfield minus Matheison at WR.

if VV can develop some younger players (JV went 7-1) and really push on the weight room, anything less than what happened this year (10-2) would be considered a failure. Expectations are starting to rise again in Germantown. Gotta love it

Old 11-14-16, 08:22 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfootball92 View Post
Added Tipp to the schedule week 1 and are trying to add a few other teams in place of Fairborn . Also hoping Tecumseh can get back to being Tecumseh , would help a lot
Alter has a week 2 opening...
Old 11-14-16, 08:46 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Alter has a week 2 opening...
Let us get back to late 90's early 2000's bellbrook , the last 5 years of that series were lopsided affairs , you guys kept getting better and we kept getting worse.
I enjoyed those games in the early 2000,s, some good ones. Hopefully in the near future we can get the series going again , we're trending up
Old 11-14-16, 09:09 PM
All Ohio

Franklincats02 is on a distinguished road
I really wish Franklin would make Carlisle there crossover game every year to free up week 1. Hey Captain, how good is this now sophomore class? I know centers and Etter started this year. I hear the freshman class is loaded, any of them see varsity next year? Any chance Peyton comes back, haha.
Old 11-14-16, 09:27 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklincats02 View Post
I really wish Franklin would make Carlisle there crossover game every year to free up week 1. Hey Captain, how good is this now sophomore class? I know centers and Etter started this year. I hear the freshman class is loaded, any of them see varsity next year? Any chance Peyton comes back, haha.
I like that idea, with Carlisle, but I think Carlisle didn't renew the contract and this is the last year and we will open with Madison in 2018 is the rumor. Would absolutely be huge is Payton came back home this team could be special as he is a great player, but he had a good year at Boro and I believe the family sold their house in Franklin so I don't see him coming back. Sophomore class is not on the level of the juniors or freshman, but they will have enough contributers to be a solid class, you mentioned etter and centers two kids who started as freshman, Figuola played a lot this year on DL and might play guard next year, I look for Kyle Russell to step somewhere next year on the lines, struggling to really think of any other sophomores hopefully I am missing a few. The JV team did go 8-1 so gotta be some talent down there only loss to Edgewood.

Freshman class is loaded and if they hit the weight room we should see some guys get big snaps under the lights next year, really like Gage Johnson he will be a good LB, Passmore should get some snaps at RB same with Bowling. I look for Ryan Russell to step in and play Wr and fill Kinzers roll as hopefully Kinzer can fill the void that Kremer leaves. Kinzer was great Saturday night. All those freshman got their feet wet this year on special teams.

For Franklin it really comes down to how hard they hit the weight room really think they could be as good as this years team, but they gotta get more physical and buy into the strength program, that means more than just what the school offers, great ones are working out with a trainer as well like Matt Muncy at Renegade the more guys we get doing that the more the program will excel.
Old 11-14-16, 09:34 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfootball92 View Post
Let us get back to late 90's early 2000's bellbrook , the last 5 years of that series were lopsided affairs , you guys kept getting better and we kept getting worse.
I enjoyed those games in the early 2000,s, some good ones. Hopefully in the near future we can get the series going again , we're trending up
That would be awesome. Since Alter got into the SWBL this year for pee wees, I know they've been playing each other in the pre-junior high level
Old 11-15-16, 10:25 AM
Junior Varsity

VVTommyBoy is on a distinguished road
This may be silly but, does anyone ever go to the league site to look at stats? Valley View usually doesn't update until Sunday. They have the score from the Wyoming loss but not the stats. Is it a big deal to players and families?

Because of the Jake N connection, there were weeks when Miamisburg was updated before the Friday 11pm news. ( GWOC sports has the same format as the SWBL ).

Anyway, that's what I'd like corrected for the 2017 SWBL.
Old 11-15-16, 01:19 PM
All American

I think the SW side has a chance to be the best it has been in years. I've spoke about Franklin a a lot above but I'm gonna try and breakdown the rest of the league with what knowledge I have about them.

Valley View returns Genslinger who had monster year and the big LB Hannah along with Day on both lines, not sure if the QB returns, if he does they have a shot to be very good and win the league next year as they get Franklin at Barker Field and that is a very tough place to get a win.

Oakwood will remain in the spread system I would hope with Erbe returning he led the league in passing after Oakwood ran the triple option the first month of the season so they will be dangerous if they can play a little bit of defense, they also return 1st team all league WR Dinkler who adds to the potent offense.

Brookville- They return the leagues leading rusher in Bailey Wallen who is already the career leader at Brookville, with coach Hetrick and Wallen they will be a tough out, by looking at the all league lists it looks like they lost a lot of talent, they return one first team all league o lineman.

Bellbrook- they are on the up swing and should always be good with the athletes they have walking the hallways looks like the new coach has brought back a lot of energy into the program. They return Justin Slone at RB who is 1 of 3 sophomores to make all league honors, they do lose defensive player of the year Justin Havens, but as our BB poster has alluded they return a lot of talent from a 7-3 team, they open with a tough Tipp City team a win there would be huge for them and the league as Tipp will carry a lot of Harbins/

Monroe- they lose their best two athletes in Cedric and Bannister, they return two guys who were second team all league OL Hollar and linebacker Page, and they also return Osterman who showed promise and is from a lineage of very good Hornet football players.

Eaton- They lose the top reciever as far as yards go in the league in Wilson and Bowser who threw for over 2000 yards, don't know much at all about Eaton hopefully an Eaton faithful can chime in and let us know how they look for 2017.

Way to early SWBL predictions for 2017:

1. Valley View 10-0
2. Franklin 9-1 @Valley View
3. Bellbrook 7-3 Tipp City Franklin VV
4. Brookville 6-4 Franklin VV BB Oakwood
5. Oakwood 4-6 Milton Union Madison Franklin BB Brookville VV
6. Monroe 2-8 Wins over Shawnee and Eaton
7. Eaton 1-9 Talawanda

Obviously way to early predictions, think VV has the advantage getting Franklin at home. I am also going off the teams playing the same teams on their schedule as last year except I know Bellbrook opens with Tipp. Could be a year with 4 SW teams making the playoffs. Bellbrook was hurt bad with 0-10 Waynesville really killing their playoff chances this year.
Old 11-15-16, 02:09 PM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
I would highly expect VV to have another good season. They only have 6 seniors, most of whom ended the season injured. Obviously Franklin will be primed to make another run with Montgomery in crew back in the fold. I honestly think those will be the top 2 in the SW Division, Franklin as the favorite. If both teams continue to improve and stay healthy, I could see them as potential regional playoff caliber teams.
Old 11-15-16, 02:18 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I think the SW side has a chance to be the best it has been in years. I've spoke about Franklin a a lot above but I'm gonna try and breakdown the rest of the league with what knowledge I have about them.

Valley View returns Genslinger who had monster year and the big LB Hannah along with Day on both lines, not sure if the QB returns, if he does they have a shot to be very good and win the league next year as they get Franklin at Barker Field and that is a very tough place to get a win.

Oakwood will remain in the spread system I would hope with Erbe returning he led the league in passing after Oakwood ran the triple option the first month of the season so they will be dangerous if they can play a little bit of defense, they also return 1st team all league WR Dinkler who adds to the potent offense.

Brookville- They return the leagues leading rusher in Bailey Wallen who is already the career leader at Brookville, with coach Hetrick and Wallen they will be a tough out, by looking at the all league lists it looks like they lost a lot of talent, they return one first team all league o lineman.

Bellbrook- they are on the up swing and should always be good with the athletes they have walking the hallways looks like the new coach has brought back a lot of energy into the program. They return Justin Slone at RB who is 1 of 3 sophomores to make all league honors, they do lose defensive player of the year Justin Havens, but as our BB poster has alluded they return a lot of talent from a 7-3 team, they open with a tough Tipp City team a win there would be huge for them and the league as Tipp will carry a lot of Harbins/

Monroe- they lose their best two athletes in Cedric and Bannister, they return two guys who were second team all league OL Hollar and linebacker Page, and they also return Osterman who showed promise and is from a lineage of very good Hornet football players.

Eaton- They lose the top reciever as far as yards go in the league in Wilson and Bowser who threw for over 2000 yards, don't know much at all about Eaton hopefully an Eaton faithful can chime in and let us know how they look for 2017.

1. Valley View 10-0
7. Eaton 1-9 Talawanda

Obviously way to early predictions, think VV has the advantage getting Franklin at home. I am also going off the teams playing the same teams on their schedule as last year except I know Bellbrook opens with Tipp. Could be a year with 4 SW teams making the playoffs. Bellbrook was hurt bad with 0-10 Waynesville really killing their playoff chances this year.

VV returns their whole offensive arsenal from this past year. QB, WR, slots, all of them

Old 11-15-16, 03:24 PM
All American

Fun2Bme
Send a message via AIM to Fun2Bme
Quote:
VV returns their whole offensive arsenal from this past year. QB, WR, slots, all of them

It seems like they have lost majority of the most important unit on the field. I can tell you from experience that losing OL is more significant than retaining skill. In 2012 we had the leading rusher in all of NCAA (D1-3) and we were a game away from the D3 playoffs. He returned in 2013 along with QB and 2 of top 3 WR. We lost 4 of our 5 starting OL however and the following year got destroyed on offense and outscored 104-6 in our last 2 games finishing with a losing record. We had no injuries on offense either throughout the year. The lack of an OL was THAT big of a difference.
Old 11-15-16, 03:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Bme View Post
It seems like they have lost majority of the most important unit on the field. I can tell you from experience that losing OL is more significant than retaining skill. In 2012 we had the leading rusher in all of NCAA (D1-3) and we were a game away from the D3 playoffs. He returned in 2013 along with QB and 2 of top 3 WR. We lost 4 of our 5 starting OL however and the following year got destroyed on offense and outscored 104-6 in our last 2 games finishing with a losing record. We had no injuries on offense either throughout the year. The lack of an OL was THAT big of a difference.

VV brings back 3 OL from this year (according to Swblsports)

1st Team All-Conference - Adam Valenti
2nd Team All-Conference - Ryan Smith
Both ways impact starter - Stone Day

All were juniors this season

Bringing those three back will help ease the transition for some new OL next year

Old 11-16-16, 07:51 AM
Varsity

thebig1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

1. Valley View 10-0
7. Eaton 1-9 Talawanda

I think you got it right about Monroe...they will continue to struggle until the head coach is in the building and someone else is calling the plays. There seems to be a lack of discipline and numbers are on the decline. Monroe has the athletes to make the plays and the quarterback coming back to lead the offense. But, the kids won't buy in if they don't trust or believe in the coaches that are leading them.
Old 11-16-16, 12:21 PM
All American

Fun2Bme
Send a message via AIM to Fun2Bme
Quote:
VV brings back 3 OL from this year (according to Swblsports)

1st Team All-Conference - Adam Valenti
2nd Team All-Conference - Ryan Smith
Both ways impact starter - Stone Day

All were juniors this season

Bringing those three back will help ease the transition for some new OL next year

Agree. I thought the post was implying they brought back only their skill positions as those were the only ones mentioned.
Old 11-16-16, 12:25 PM
All Region

HistoryTeacher is on a distinguished road
Is the interim coach staying at Waynesville? Is Philpot coming back? What is going on down there? I can not imagine that he will keep his position as Head Coach or AD after the negative press that he has provided the school does he?