Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Moeller Crusaders

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old 08-06-17, 12:46 PM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,728
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Like others have said, losing some great coaches from those state championship teams took their toll on the years that followed. There's nothing you can do about a coach leaving like McLaughlin. When you have success, other schools are going to give great assistants opportunities to run a program. I think a huge loss to the program was when Rosfeld left for UC. I thought he was an excellent coach who got the maximum abilities out of the O-Line. The guy coached non-stop on the sidelines. There was a big drop off with the O-Line even with a lot of D1 talent since he left. I thought he may be the next HC if Rodenberg ever left. The "next man up" doesn't apply when you lose quality coaches. Hopefully, Majors and Dixon can step in and get things turned around offensively this year.

Anyone go to the blue/gold practice today? Who was #32 (running back who was going with the 1st team)? He seemed smaller than what I remember Thurmon being. I'm just glad it's football season and I hope the boys come together and have a great year!
According to Moeller Web site Roster, he is Soph. RB William Baker. He was the best player of the field last year as a frosh. Moe also has a freshman RB on the roster. Hopefully that bodes well for the future at the RB spot. Interesting 10 Sophs. are on the roster.

Looking at the roster, the 2017 team will again look the part. Another big Moeller team. WOW. Say what you want about Rody, but the guy certainly knows how to get a HS team physically ready to compete. Impressive.
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 08-10-17, 07:43 AM
The Game The Game is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Posts: 898
The Game
How did Moe look in the Princeton practice/scrimmage?
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 08-10-17, 01:25 PM
LEONARD LEONARD is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-23-07
Location: Whiteys golf cart
Posts: 546
LEONARD is on a distinguished road
I have no idea about Princeton. I believe it was more of a practice with Princeton compared to a scrimmage with a game format. Roddy described it as a way to break up a monotamous time of camp.

But Hawkins committed to Penn State this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 08-10-17, 01:54 PM
The Game The Game is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Posts: 898
The Game
thanks...I didn't see that about Hawkins. Good for him! From interviews I have seen with him, he is a total team guy. I bet him and Carpenter have some battles out on the practice field! Iron sharpens iron...
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 08-10-17, 03:01 PM
LEONARD LEONARD is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-23-07
Location: Whiteys golf cart
Posts: 546
LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
thanks...I didn't see that about Hawkins. Good for him! From interviews I have seen with him, he is a total team guy. I bet him and Carpenter have some battles out on the practice field! Iron sharpens iron...
agreed, I believe the DL as a whole will be a strength. Hopefully this will help prep our very green Oline(minus carpenter).

But glad that the commitment is made so everyone can focus on the task at hand. Can't help but think PSU has done a remarkable job to revive their program following the sandusky situation. Seems like they have completely recovered from it. I know hawkins had family ties to PA but says alot that they came into cincinnati and took a kid from OSU and UC.

I wonder how they will use the new TE from hoban. Seems like we have had two really good te's the last few years which always hasn't translated into success. I think OC Majors will make the best of the situation.
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 08-10-17, 08:24 PM
The Game The Game is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Posts: 898
The Game
Agree with you as well....McBride is going to have some big targets to throw the ball to this year. Bates and Clark at TE are big and good. McCracken is a big target with a great pair of hands. Wills should be solid on the other side and Khayo is the big play threat. They also have a good set of running backs. Hopefully, the O-Line can work together as a unit and get things rolling. We know Carpenter is outstanding. Hopefully, the others step up too.
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 08-11-17, 05:38 PM
Descartes Descartes is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 3,556
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
That fat b1tch Barret Cohen is here, wearing LS gear. What a gis rag.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 08-11-17, 06:52 PM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,392
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Agree with you as well....McBride is going to have some big targets to throw the ball to this year. Bates and Clark at TE are big and good. McCracken is a big target with a great pair of hands. Wills should be solid on the other side and Khayo is the big play threat. They also have a good set of running backs. Hopefully, the O-Line can work together as a unit and get things rolling. We know Carpenter is outstanding. Hopefully, the others step up too.
Is Carpenter even practicing yet? will he be able to play by the start of the season?
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 08-11-17, 11:43 PM
LEONARD LEONARD is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-23-07
Location: Whiteys golf cart
Posts: 546
LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
That fat b1tch Barret Cohen is here, wearing LS gear. What a gis rag.
Who??
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 08-12-17, 02:55 PM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,728
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Is Carpenter even practicing yet? will he be able to play by the start of the season?
He was in street clothes today. He looked fine, went out for coin toss and ran off field. What is the issue?
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 08-12-17, 03:35 PM
birdog birdog is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-09-06
Posts: 1,027
birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
He was in street clothes today. He looked fine, went out for coin toss and ran off field. What is the issue?
I believe I saw him with a sling on his right arm/shoulder. Not sure what was ailing him.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 08-12-17, 04:01 PM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,728
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
I believe I saw him with a sling on his right arm/shoulder. Not sure what was ailing him.
He had no sling on what so ever that I could see? He looked more than fine?
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 08-12-17, 05:46 PM
The Game The Game is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Posts: 898
The Game
I didn't know there was something wrong with Carpenter. Like the other post said, he was in street clothes today. He was also in street clothes for the blue/gold scrimmage...no sling. Hopefully, whatever the issue is he heals up and can go during the season.

For those who were there, what were your thoughts on the Colerain scrimmage? It looks like both sides of the ball need lots of improvement. I don't know if Colerain is supposed to be super good this year or not. They're always going to be really good, but I don't know if it's one of their better teams. Moe's defense had a hard time stopping them. The offense showed promise at times, but there seemed to be a lot of three and outs. McBride showed flashes of greatness. The long run to end the first half was highlight reel material. His elusiveness gave Colerain trouble. Like the last few year's, there wasn't much of a running game for Moeller. It was only the first scrimmage, so there's a lot of room for growth. I think it's great they scrimmage Colerain. It's a good measuring stick for early in the year.
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 08-12-17, 06:00 PM
Bigugly1 Bigugly1 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-30-15
Posts: 15
Bigugly1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I didn't know there was something wrong with Carpenter. Like the other post said, he was in street clothes today. He was also in street clothes for the blue/gold scrimmage...no sling. Hopefully, whatever the issue is he heals up and can go during the season.

For those who were there, what were your thoughts on the Colerain scrimmage? It looks like both sides of the ball need lots of improvement. I don't know if Colerain is supposed to be super good this year or not. They're always going to be really good, but I don't know if it's one of their better teams. Moe's defense had a hard time stopping them. The offense showed promise at times, but there seemed to be a lot of three and outs. McBride showed flashes of greatness. The long run to end the first half was highlight reel material. His elusiveness gave Colerain trouble. Like the last few year's, there wasn't much of a running game for Moeller. It was only the first scrimmage, so there's a lot of room for growth. I think it's great they scrimmage Colerain. It's a good measuring stick for early in the year.
MOE stud lineman will be ready for the opener.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 08-13-17, 01:03 AM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,392
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
He was in street clothes today. He looked fine, went out for coin toss and ran off field. What is the issue?
Back issue- nothing serious thankfully I have heard.
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 08-14-17, 08:26 AM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,728
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I didn't know there was something wrong with Carpenter. Like the other post said, he was in street clothes today. He was also in street clothes for the blue/gold scrimmage...no sling. Hopefully, whatever the issue is he heals up and can go during the season.

For those who were there, what were your thoughts on the Colerain scrimmage? It looks like both sides of the ball need lots of improvement. I don't know if Colerain is supposed to be super good this year or not. They're always going to be really good, but I don't know if it's one of their better teams. Moe's defense had a hard time stopping them. The offense showed promise at times, but there seemed to be a lot of three and outs. McBride showed flashes of greatness. The long run to end the first half was highlight reel material. His elusiveness gave Colerain trouble. Like the last few year's, there wasn't much of a running game for Moeller. It was only the first scrimmage, so there's a lot of room for growth. I think it's great they scrimmage Colerain. It's a good measuring stick for early in the year.
McBride is a great athlete that will make plays with his running/scrambling ability. Hopefully he is also capable of delivering the ball to Moe's talented WR'S and TE's. Moe passing game looked a bit out of sync on Saturday.
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 08-14-17, 05:05 PM
LEONARD LEONARD is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-23-07
Location: Whiteys golf cart
Posts: 546
LEONARD is on a distinguished road
how did the kicking game look?
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 08-15-17, 07:23 PM
The Game The Game is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Posts: 898
The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONARD View Post
how did the kicking game look?
I don't remember much about the kicking....this is what I recall. We missed one field goal. I think that was the only one attempted. The kickoffs didn't go in the end zone. I honestly can't remember much about the punting. There were no returns for td's....so that was good.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 08-16-17, 02:27 PM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,728
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONARD View Post
how did the kicking game look?
Watched kicking game closely. FG kicker is a left footed soph. punter a junior. First kickoff did go into end zone. They both seemed to have adequate legs, but again both are young. A bad snap handed Colerain their 3rd TD.
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 08-16-17, 03:34 PM
The Game The Game is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Posts: 898
The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Watched kicking game closely. FG kicker is a left footed soph. punter a junior. First kickoff did go into end zone. They both seemed to have adequate legs, but again both are young. A bad snap handed Colerain their 3rd TD.
My bad...I must have missed the first one going into the end zone. I thought there were a couple that were returned.
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 08-17-17, 11:59 AM
LEONARD LEONARD is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-23-07
Location: Whiteys golf cart
Posts: 546
LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Watched kicking game closely. FG kicker is a left footed soph. punter a junior. First kickoff did go into end zone. They both seemed to have adequate legs, but again both are young. A bad snap handed Colerain their 3rd TD.
interesting. Wishing the best for all our specialists. I remember as talented as coggs was, sometimes I felt it was a hindrance cuz roddy would want to kick all these super deep FG's instead of going for it in "no mans land" situations.
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 08-17-17, 01:23 PM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,728
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Special teams were a huge part of Moe back-to-back titles. They were really good in every aspect. Hard to find another Cogs. Hopefully these kickers will help special teams be good again in 2017
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 08-17-17, 01:53 PM
LEONARD LEONARD is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-23-07
Location: Whiteys golf cart
Posts: 546
LEONARD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Special teams were a huge part of Moe back-to-back titles. They were really good in every aspect. Hard to find another Cogs. Hopefully these kickers will help special teams be good again in 2017
agreed, im just hoping for some consistency. clean snaps, holds, coverage, go for reasonable fg's and get away from the 50 yarders
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 08-18-17, 07:12 AM
Eagle HOF Eagle HOF is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-30-15
Posts: 94
Eagle HOF is on a distinguished road
I think Oline will gel once Carpenter starts playing. Run D looks good. Seems the secondary is the area where they are experimenting the most. The GCL had its way with us last year, hope they improve from 2016,
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 08-18-17, 03:48 PM
The Game The Game is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Posts: 898
The Game
The first teams looked good in the scrimmage against Clermont. I thought McBride looked really good. Anyone know the extent of Hawkins' injury? I didn't see him go down during play on the field. It never looks good when a player gets carted off.
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 08-18-17, 08:01 PM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,728
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
The first teams looked good in the scrimmage against Clermont. I thought McBride looked really good. Anyone know the extent of Hawkins' injury? I didn't see him go down during play on the field. It never looks good when a player gets carted off.
What is the news on this kids injury?
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 08-19-17, 11:41 AM
Real Real is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-01-16
Posts: 40
Real is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
What is the news on this kids injury?
Broken Foot
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 08-19-17, 11:46 AM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,728
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real View Post
Broken Foot
Wow, out for year?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 16 06-18-17 07:07 PM
2017 Football scheduling jbica001 Barberton Magics 6 12-12-16 02:06 PM
Week 2: Louisville Leopards at North Canton Hoover Vikings LeopardNation Football 3 09-03-16 12:43 PM
One Weekend Football Referee Class Refman Football 0 07-14-15 01:48 PM
High School Football Concussions - Illinois Lawsuit bluengold Football 8 12-04-14 07:11 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz