Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-21-18, 02:56 PM
Metacomet's Avatar
Metacomet Metacomet is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-10-04
Location: kent
Posts: 7,805
Metacomet is on a distinguished road
Revere beat a good Shaker team yesterday. That surprised me a little. Right now, the Minutemen look like the favorite to advance from Stow.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-21-18, 03:08 PM
FootsWalker FootsWalker is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-07
Posts: 1,695
FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAGuy View Post
Revere has to be the favorite right now after handling Warrensville Heights with ease.
Gilmour has played a tough schedule, but their only really good win was v Lutheran East, whereas Revere has beaten Holy Name, Warrensville Hts, and Shaker, so I tend to give the Minutemen the edge here as well.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-21-18, 03:22 PM
sportsfan6969 sportsfan6969 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-09-16
Posts: 41
sportsfan6969 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootsWalker View Post
Gilmour has played a tough schedule, but their only really good win was v Lutheran East, whereas Revere has beaten Holy Name, Warrensville Hts, and Shaker, so I tend to give the Minutemen the edge here as well.
not to mention the fact that revere also beat Lutheran East
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-21-18, 03:27 PM
FootsWalker FootsWalker is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-07
Posts: 1,695
FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan6969 View Post
not to mention the fact that revere also beat Lutheran East
Thx SF, in my head I had that win in there, but my fingers had other ideas........
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-21-18, 04:52 PM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 799
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootsWalker View Post
Gilmour has played a tough schedule, but their only really good win was v Lutheran East, whereas Revere has beaten Holy Name, Warrensville Hts, and Shaker, so I tend to give the Minutemen the edge here as well.
Gilmour also beat Lake Catholic and some other decent teams.
Played all of the good North Coast League teams but Benny this year.
Can go up and down the schedule on lots of teams comparing scores.

GA, Warrensville or Revere coming out of this district.

Gilmour has two career 1000 points scorers who are both playin really well right now.
CJ Charleston has been unstoppable lately.

Holy Name and GA play Friday which should help both squads get ready for the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-21-18, 04:57 PM
StowInTheKnow StowInTheKnow is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-07-11
Posts: 94
StowInTheKnow is on a distinguished road
GA lost by 2 to Lutheran East on last second 3. Lost to Cornerstone Christian on last second 3. Lost tough game to Joes and Hoban. Bad loss to Walsh. Beat all others including Lake Catholic
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-21-18, 10:34 PM
FootsWalker FootsWalker is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-07
Posts: 1,695
FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
Gilmour also beat Lake Catholic and some other decent teams.
Played all of the good North Coast League teams but Benny this year.
Can go up and down the schedule on lots of teams comparing scores.

GA, Warrensville or Revere coming out of this district.

Gilmour has two career 1000 points scorers who are both playin really well right now.
CJ Charleston has been unstoppable lately.

Holy Name and GA play Friday which should help both squads get ready for the playoffs.
Missed the Lake Catholic win, which is clearly a good one. Thx for the catch. I noticed the close losses to LE & CC as well, so Gilmour is obviously pretty good. I think they have a tougher District semi than Revere does, even though they are the #1 seed. No disrespect intended toward Woodridge, as Lydic is a helluva player, but Revere is playing at a very high level right now. A Gilmour-Revere final would be quite a game, should it happen.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-23-18, 09:33 PM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 799
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Gilmour 90

Holy Name 83

GA controlled the entire game & and just looked overall more talented.
Holy Name cut it to 7 at the end but the outcome was not really in doubt.

Cohill had at least 30 and is a really aggressive, good player.
However appears they rely too much on him.
Some of the other guys can shoot a bit.
And he needs to ditch the flopping on every 3 point attempt trying to draw the foul.
Would help HN more if he would just follow for the rebound.

GA looked tired & sloppy but left no doubt at all they were the better team.
Good luck to Holy Name and hope these two teams advance out of districts.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-23-18, 09:37 PM
FootsWalker FootsWalker is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-07
Posts: 1,695
FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
Gilmour 90

Holy Name 83

GA controlled the entire game & and just looked overall more talented.
Holy Name cut it to 7 at the end but the outcome was not really in doubt.

Cohill had at least 30 and is a really aggressive, good player.
However appears they rely too much on him.
Some of the other guys can shoot a bit.
And he needs to ditch the flopping on every 3 point attempt trying to draw the foul.
Would help HN more if he would just follow for the rebound.

GA looked tired & sloppy but left no doubt at all they were the better team.
Good luck to Holy Name and hope these two teams advance out of districts.
Good win for Gilmour. Two really good teams playing a good tuneup right before the tourney.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-01-18, 08:00 PM
sportsfan6969 sportsfan6969 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-09-16
Posts: 41
sportsfan6969 is on a distinguished road
How does everyone see the second round going?

I've got:
Gilmour by 20 over East
Warrensville by 2 over Chagrin
Revere by 20 over Aurora
Woodridge by 10 over Hawken
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-01-18, 11:07 PM
FootsWalker FootsWalker is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-07
Posts: 1,695
FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan6969 View Post
How does everyone see the second round going?

I've got:
Gilmour by 20 over East
Warrensville by 2 over Chagrin
Revere by 20 over Aurora
Woodridge by 10 over Hawken
Don't know enough about a few of these teams to pick the spread, but I agree with you on your 4 winners for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-02-18, 08:29 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 49,447
Yappi will become famous soon enough
Stow DII:

Gilmour 67, East 48
Warrensville Heights 51, Chagrin Falls 45
Revere 78, Aurora 62
Woodridge 76 Hawken 66
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-02-18, 09:43 PM
FootsWalker FootsWalker is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-07
Posts: 1,695
FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan6969 View Post
How does everyone see the second round going?

I've got:
Gilmour by 20 over East
Warrensville by 2 over Chagrin
Revere by 20 over Aurora
Woodridge by 10 over Hawken
Pretty accurrate there SF, good stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-03-18, 02:25 AM
sportsfan6969 sportsfan6969 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-09-16
Posts: 41
sportsfan6969 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootsWalker View Post
Pretty accurrate there SF, good stuff.
thanks lol

Every blind squirrel finds a nut
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-03-18, 10:07 AM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,666
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't overlook Gilmour. They have a big that will demand Nances attention and vise versa - but they have balance. Gilmour is sneaky good because people assume they are just spoiled kids and can't hoop for some reason - not true. They are well coached and have O'Toole helping as well. The kids execute and can shoot. This game might come down to whoever's big can stay out of foul trouble guarding each other. I like Gilmour in this one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-03-18, 12:49 PM
FootsWalker FootsWalker is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-07
Posts: 1,695
FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Don't overlook Gilmour. They have a big that will demand Nances attention and vise versa - but they have balance. Gilmour is sneaky good because people assume they are just spoiled kids and can't hoop for some reason - not true. They are well coached and have O'Toole helping as well. The kids execute and can shoot. This game might come down to whoever's big can stay out of foul trouble guarding each other. I like Gilmour in this one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
They both have to get there first, not sure either of their next games are gimmes. Clearly the faves though.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-04-18, 09:23 PM
SLAGuy SLAGuy is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-11-17
Posts: 541
SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Revere is looking good for this district.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-07-18, 02:25 PM
FlannMann87 FlannMann87 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-31-18
Posts: 46
FlannMann87 is on a distinguished road
Gilmour has struggled with Warrensville in the past. I'll go with Warrensville in this one.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-07-18, 03:29 PM
FootsWalker FootsWalker is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-07
Posts: 1,695
FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Good luck to all 4 teams. Pulling for the Minutemen in tonight's semi.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-07-18, 08:56 PM
Bball216 Bball216 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-08-13
Posts: 2,666
Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like Warrensville won a close one over a pretty good Gilmour squad.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-07-18, 10:00 PM
sportsfan6969 sportsfan6969 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-09-16
Posts: 41
sportsfan6969 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootsWalker View Post
Good luck to all 4 teams. Pulling for the Minutemen in tonight's semi.
Revere doesnt play till tomorrow 3/8
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-08-18, 10:28 AM
FlannMann87 FlannMann87 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 01-31-18
Posts: 46
FlannMann87 is on a distinguished road
Warrensville has had Gilmour's number for years now. Seems like Gilmour is always the higher seed and Warrensville always knocks them off. When will the coaches learn that Warrensville is in a D1 confernece and won't have as good of a record as the other teams?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-08-18, 01:30 PM
FootsWalker FootsWalker is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-02-07
Posts: 1,695
FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan6969 View Post
Revere doesnt play till tomorrow 3/8
Thx SF I had the semis reversed for some reason. Good luck to the Minutemen tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-10-18, 05:42 PM
sportsfan6969 sportsfan6969 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-09-16
Posts: 41
sportsfan6969 is on a distinguished road
Wow Revere gets it done
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
District Changes riders76 Wrestling 10 11-08-17 09:27 PM
Troy D-3 District Rankings (Off Season #3) McClearn7 Wrestling 0 09-21-17 02:28 PM
Waite D-3 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 15 07-22-17 10:47 AM
Coshocton D-3 District Rankings (off season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 05-30-17 07:19 AM
District Champs 2017 Yappi Baseball 11 05-21-17 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz