Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  
Old 05-03-19, 10:46 AM
Varsity

coach5
Green and Hoban Positions

Any word on who may be applying for these two high profile jobs?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-19, 06:26 PM
All Ohio

JM92 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know if Green named a new coach yet? Never saw anything in the REP about it becoming open.
Old 05-20-19, 10:53 AM
Varsity

Smokin' Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
Does anyone know if Green named a new coach yet? Never saw anything in the REP about it becoming open.
Rumor going around is there were only 6 applicants for the job and there is a final 2. Neither of the final 2 are an upgrade from previous coach that parents ran out
Old 05-21-19, 08:59 AM
All Yappi

MCGal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
There are so many jobs open right now, there really aren't enough "quality" candidates to fill them all imho.
Old 05-21-19, 12:21 PM
All District

GREENDAY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
There are so many jobs open right now, there really aren't enough "quality" candidates to fill them all imho.
Agreed. There are a number of schools (on the boys and girls sides) who will return next year worse off in the coaching department than before these changes were made.

However, I do believe that Green is filling their position with a very quality coach if the rumors are true - I think that she will do an outstanding job and I could see how it would be a good fit.

Also - there were rumors going around about a "final 2" and "list of applicants" at Green - these rumors were totally false. A few of the names that were supposedly "in contact" or "going through the process" with Green had never even applied.

The Hoban job is getting a lot of interest from outside candidates.
Old 05-22-19, 07:14 AM
All Yappi

Care to share if you have heard who will fill these jobs? PM's are ok
Old 05-25-19, 01:41 PM
All Ohio

Baller
Greg Whitmer interviewing for Hoban is was hot romor at Dutch Cafe last night.
Old 06-10-19, 06:46 PM
All Region

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Pam Davis will be the new girls basketball coach at Hoban. She has resigned from Canton McKinley
Old 06-10-19, 08:48 PM
Junior Varsity

RogueStarkGuy is on a distinguished road
Waiting to hear how great everything is at McKinley, how well run the athletic department is. How the ever-competent Stranger and Malone will hit another home run like they did with Wattley. McK will probably have a new coach around Oct 1.
Old 06-12-19, 06:54 AM
All District

Lefthook37 is on a distinguished road
Wonder why Pam Davis left McK , WOW I guess after Bell leaving for Ohio State must not have any returning talent, or is there some underlining problems in the CCS system
Old 06-12-19, 05:01 PM
All Ohio

JM92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefthook37 View Post
Wonder why Pam Davis left McK , WOW I guess after Bell leaving for Ohio State must not have any returning talent, or is there some underlining problems in the CCS system

Highly doubt that lol. She was at McK for a long time and always had winning seasons with whoever she had on the roster. As far as CCS politics, I can't speak to that. Maybe she just wanted a change and the Hoban gig probably pays better. Whatever the case may be good luck to them! Gonna be hard to fill those shoes for McK.
Old 06-14-19, 07:10 AM
All District

Lefthook37 is on a distinguished road
I heard she is a teacher as well, an with all the changes CCS did moving people around or letting go put more work on her with no increase in pay with what they are paying the new football coach and basketball coach I'm done see ya funny both Davis and Rearden had three year contracts how did that work out Hummmmm
Old 06-17-19, 08:35 PM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
On the surface this move doesn't look like a good fit. But on the other hand when she was hired by the CCS system there were posters that accused this husband and wife coaching team of major recruiting practices and questioned CCS system of making a major mistake in hiring them. Maybe it is a good fit for them then.
Old 06-20-19, 08:38 AM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
On the surface this move doesn't look like a good fit. But on the other hand when she was hired by the CCS system there were posters that accused this husband and wife coaching team of major recruiting practices and questioned CCS system of making a major mistake in hiring them. Maybe it is a good fit for them then.
Well they were successful in getting the 3 time Ms. Basketball to transfer to McK. Now that they are at Hoban you can expect them to follow what Tyrell is doing with the football program and they will be successful in the win column with what they'll be able to get away with. But I just don't see them being a good fit at a Catholic school?
Old 06-30-19, 02:03 PM
All Yappi

You do realize that Bell's been in Canton City since well before 9th grade right? ... and that it wouldn't take much convincing for any kid to go from the Alliance program at the time to any reasonably successful program? ... but since you clearly consider yourself an expert on the Davis's, I'll take your word on things smh