Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-16-17, 09:08 AM
All Yappi

nd2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Also good since you spent all your cash to buy gold.
The money of kings baby!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-17, 09:39 AM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
He has lost his form and the trip to Dubai took a lot out of him. Don't think we will see a repeat BC winner. Gun Runner looks much the best
Old 09-16-17, 10:59 AM
GO MIDDIES

Middie 85 Alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Zampese is probably the worst coordinator in the NFL right now.
I agree. He keeps calling plays asking The Red Pea Shooter to throw interceptions in the enzone, fumble the ball deep inside thei own 20, over throw a wide open receiver for a TD, over throw other receivers and asking the receiver to fumble after a deep pass. I just hope Marvin continues to be a failure, so maybe Mike Brown wakes up from a Coma and decide not to give Marvin another contract.
Old 09-16-17, 12:15 PM
All Yappi

nd2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
He has lost his form and the trip to Dubai took a lot out of him. Don't think we will see a repeat BC winner. Gun Runner looks much the best
I am wondering if he just doesn't like the Del Mar track. For me, collected is the horse to beat since 10 furlongs is pushing it for gun runner.
Old 09-16-17, 06:18 PM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd2000 View Post
I am wondering if he just doesn't like the Del Mar track. For me, collected is the horse to beat since 10 furlongs is pushing it for gun runner.
That is what they are saying but he lost a considerable amount of weight after Dubai. He still wants to rave because he ran a decent race on heart alone.

I wouldn't be concerned about distance with him as much as your typical candy ride horse. He has the stamina on Dam's side which is important. 1 1/8 Is probably his best distance though. Should be a good race and betting opportunity. Be interesting to see how the pace will play out

Last edited by Arrogate; 09-16-17 at 10:03 PM..
Old 09-16-17, 09:08 PM
All Yappi

nd2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
That is what they are saying but he lost a considerable amount of weight after Dubai. He still wants to rave because he ran a decent race on heart alone.

I wouldn't be concerned about distance with him as much as your typical candy ride horse. He has the stamina on Dan's side which is important. 1 1/8 Is probably his best distance though. Should be a good race and betting opportunity. Be interesting to see how the pace will play out
It will be because both gun runner and collected like to be right near the front, but neither has to be on the lead to win. Arrogate will certainly have to come off the pace to win.
Old 09-17-17, 06:22 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Bengals will beat: Browns, Steelers, Buffalo, Chicago, Indy 5-11
Old 09-17-17, 07:50 AM
All Yappi

nd2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Bengals will beat: Browns, Steelers, Buffalo, Chicago, Indy 5-11
Maybe if they beat the browns twice because this team can't beat Pitt in its current form.
Old 09-17-17, 09:16 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd2000 View Post
Maybe if they beat the browns twice because this team can't beat Pitt in its current form.
They could easily go back to the annual split with the Browns. They are not likely to beat Pittsburgh.
Old 09-17-17, 09:20 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
They could easily go back to the annual split with the Browns. They are not likely to beat Pittsburgh.
I'm a Steeler fan living in Cincinnati. The media treats the Steeler games just short of the Super Bowl. Bengals almost always play the Steelers tough, Steelers are usually good for 2-3 let down games a year. Just a hunch.
Old 09-17-17, 09:42 AM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
I wouldn't be shocked if they beat the Steelers or were swept by the Browns this year.
Old 09-17-17, 09:45 AM
All Yappi

Marvin is not getting his contract renewed, and what seems to be the remaining player leadership on the team constitutes something of a "bad-boy" culture. Bullies don't play well from behind - they quit. Really poor dynamic at play currently.

It isn't all Marvin's fault. In terms of losing 3 or 5 major assistants in quick succession (depending how you look at it), that's tough for an aging, soft-spoken HC to handle without a consistent core of player-leaders to provide continuity.

He's kind of a victim of his own success. Metaphorically, he just didn't make the plateau in time, and slid back down.

If Marvin is headed for the front office and will have some say in roster/salary, Brown may do well to make that known. Soft grandfather as lame duck will get zero respect from the punk types.
Old 09-17-17, 09:47 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if they beat the Steelers or were swept by the Browns this year.
Well, you're dumb, so, sure.....whatever....
Old 09-17-17, 10:27 AM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Well, you're dumb, so, sure.....whatever....
Settle down, it's not like I homeschooled my kids.
Old 09-18-17, 10:23 AM
All Region

Tom.OH is on a distinguished road
I have as many TD passes in NFL games as dalton does...
Old 09-18-17, 10:34 AM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
So Bengals fans, I have to ask. There has been some noise that some players would like to have Kaepernik at the Bengal QB? Would you continue to root for this team if that happened??
Old 09-18-17, 10:34 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.OH View Post
I have as many TD passes in NFL games as dalton does...
You have 142 passing touchdowns in the NFL? That's awesome, congrats man.
Old 09-18-17, 10:36 AM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
So Bengals fans, I have to ask. There has been some noise that some players would like to have Kaepernik at the Bengal QB? Would you continue to root for this team if that happened??
Did you root for the Reds when they had Pete Rose? Pete is 1000x a worse human being than Kaep.
Old 09-18-17, 10:41 AM
All American

trey2k is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why not?

Dude is allowed to express his views. So you don't agree with him...so what?
Old 09-18-17, 10:47 AM
All American

Quote:
Did you root for the Reds when they had Pete Rose? Pete is 1000x a worse human being than Kaep.
Good question...I was a HUGE Pete fan. Loved that he came back in the mid 80's and managed. I would say I did not know of any of Pete's wrong doings as a player or manager. That's the difference.

With what I know today, and if I'd had known all this on Pete as he was playing, then no, I would not have been a fan.

Two points on Kaep, one, as bad as Andy has played, do you really feel Kaep would be better, and two, I think his antics are a huge distraction then, now and moving forward so I would not touch him.
Old 09-18-17, 10:55 AM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
Good question...I was a HUGE Pete fan. Loved that he came back in the mid 80's and managed. I would say I did not know of any of Pete's wrong doings as a player or manager. That's the difference.

With what I know today, and if I'd had known all this on Pete as he was playing, then no, I would not have been a fan.

Two points on Kaep, one, as bad as Andy has played, do you really feel Kaep would be better, and two, I think his antics are a huge distraction then, now and moving forward so I would not touch him.
The 16 year olds at spring training were a long known issue that people just looked the other way on. If you were following the Reds back then, you had to have heard of those rumors.

But any way, you don't care they honored him this year and put a statue of him in front of the stadium, right? You're still a big Reds fan, correct?
Old 09-18-17, 10:55 AM
All American

His antics are only a distraction if you let them to be.

I think he'd be different, not necessarily better. Also pretty sure Kaep wouldn't want to play behind this line, especially with his propensity to run the ball. He'd be dead by week 6.
Old 09-18-17, 11:55 AM
Varsity

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The 16 year olds at spring training were a long known issue that people just looked the other way on. If you were following the Reds back then, you had to have heard of those rumors.

But any way, you don't care they honored him this year and put a statue of him in front of the stadium, right? You're still a big Reds fan, correct?
Ep is clearly offended by statues. Tear it down! Tear it down! It will be ok, just don't ride your bike around it anymore.
Old 09-18-17, 12:04 PM
Varsity

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
Why not?

Dude is allowed to express his views. So you don't agree with him...so what?
First he sucks. We have a top ten qb riding the bench.
Old 09-18-17, 12:47 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
First he sucks. We have a top ten qb riding the bench.
Agreed...in my previous post, I pretty much alluded to that.

If he was any good, he'd be on a team. They'd have no problem dealing with his "distraction" is he was capable of winning games.
Old 09-18-17, 04:04 PM
All American

Quote:

I'm sorry, I don't live in Cincy, and those things were not in the "main stream". Yes, I guess if you lived in Cincy you may have heard those rumors.

Honestly, about the mid to late 90's when all the betting on baseball stuff just was a mountain of evidence and he never broke, and then he finally admitted betting on baseball, I'd really washed my hands of Pete at that point. The jig was up and he didn't trust that people would forgive him. I've always said I could care less if he gets into the hall. I simply don't care about him anymore. After this earlier evidence this summer, I guess I am surprised they put a statue up for him. I would not be shocked if that statue is eventually taken down.

BTW, what in the heck does this have anything to do with Kaepernik? I certainly hope you are not equaling Pete's career with Kaepernik?
Old 09-18-17, 04:13 PM
Fake coolin' off

Quote:
I'm sorry, I don't live in Cincy, and those things were not in the "main stream". Yes, I guess if you lived in Cincy you may have heard those rumors.

Honestly, about the mid to late 90's when all the betting on baseball stuff just was a mountain of evidence and he never broke, and then he finally admitted betting on baseball, I'd really washed my hands of Pete at that point. The jig was up and he didn't trust that people would forgive him. I've always said I could care less if he gets into the hall. I simply don't care about him anymore. After this earlier evidence this summer, I guess I am surprised they put a statue up for him. I would not be shocked if that statue is eventually taken down.

BTW, what in the heck does this have anything to do with Kaepernik? I certainly hope you are not equaling Pete's career with Kaepernik?
If you followed the Reds closely, those issues were pretty well known. Doesn't matter, you claim to not know about them.

I'm certainly equating continuing to root for a team that has celebrated a truly despicable human like Rose to continuing to root for the Bengals despite employing a potentially controversial figure like Kaep. Are you really that slow?
Old 09-18-17, 06:43 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Whether Kaep was on the team or not would have no bearing on my support for the Bengals; just would confirm that the Bengal people doing the hiring are complete idiots. Kaep is no better than Dalton or McCarron