Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-08-18, 03:42 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,515
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
My father was in the restaurant biz and I had a lot of insight into what goes on behind those doors in a commercial kitchen, Bourdain's book Kitchen Confidential does a good job of giving insight into those secrets.
I can't speak for states other than Ohio, but it always seemed counterintuitive to me that my restaurateur friends knew when the Board of Health would come to call.......
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-08-18, 03:44 PM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Location: North Side
Posts: 9,798
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14red View Post
two celebrities, never heard of neither one until this week. Sad to hear they thought this was the answer.
+1
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-08-18, 03:46 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,515
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Pboy has even heard of Kate Spade.

Granted, thatís likely only due to the company being part of an acquisition in 2017.


These deaths are very sad, and will likely lead to an uptick in worldwide suicide rates in the short term, unfortunately
I had heard the name "Kate Spade" before, but I'll admit I had retained nothing. I guess the finer points of "Kate Spade" were treated like my brain's RAM for most number sequences in the cell phone age - delete daily.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-08-18, 03:53 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,515
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
+1
If you happened to be intrigued by the locale Bourdain was in at a time you had paused channel-surfing on his show, you would have likely lingered long enough to have been entertained by his approach to his show. He would have been fun to walk around any busy town with.

If a long-serving member of his show's staff writes a book about working with him, I might buy the hardcover just to get it earlier.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-08-18, 03:55 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,515
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Lol it's amazing how dumb some people are.
Did you play the piccolo or the xylophone ?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-08-18, 04:00 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,515
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Please tell me you do not really believe that?
I guarantee a celebrity will die soon.......


















































































...but it won't be Tony Bennett, goofballtom!!!

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-08-18, 06:45 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,280
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Depression and suicide rates are a huge growing public health concern. Rates have risen in every state over the last 20 yrs.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-08-18, 08:16 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,515
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Whew.......


....was worried that you were Auggie's #3. Never before have I been so happy to see the purple stain back on the page.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-08-18, 08:22 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,874
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Not surprised. He has had a drug problem
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-08-18, 10:05 PM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Posts: 4,113
irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Depression and suicide rates are a huge growing public health concern. Rates have risen in every state over the last 20 yrs.
Why are folks surprised?

From my existence we've always had "sick care" rather than health care.

With that said expect the number to rise.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-08-18, 10:56 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 16,588
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
RE: High suicide rates

I think the main culprit is likely our culture. It’s built on stress and coercion
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-08-18, 11:16 PM
FootballFan1795 FootballFan1795 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-02-16
Posts: 944
FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Interesting pic my kid showed me of a restaurant in Vietnam that enshrined a table where Bourdain and Obama ate in 2016.

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-08-18, 11:23 PM
brianwr112 brianwr112 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-25-05
Location: richmond KY
Posts: 2,438
brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Not surprised. He has had a drug problem
He's been open about his drug usage before quitting in the 80s. It's only been about the last 15 years where he's actually been making money instead of living in debt. It kinda harsh to blame drugs as the reason without any knowledge of the situation.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-08-18, 11:43 PM
FootballFan1795 FootballFan1795 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-02-16
Posts: 944
FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan1795 View Post
... a restaurant in Vietnam that enshrined a table where Bourdain and Obama ate in 2016.
Not really related but ... back during the 2004 election, Bush stopped in a candy store within walking distance of my house, but I don't think anything is enshrined in there.

Regardless, beforehand, his bus passed near our house; so, we watched it pass from the sidewalk. He was standing in the front of the bus, by the driver, waving at folks lined up along either side of the street. As the bus passed, he looked directly at us, we made our 9-year-old give him the Hook 'em Horns hand signal, and W. gave it back. Pretty funny.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-09-18, 12:47 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,515
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
RE: High suicide rates

I think the main culprit is likely our culture. Itís built on stress and coercion
To IB's point, ever notice all the pharma disclaimers seem to imply that an onset of suicidal thoughts could be expected with use ?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-09-18, 12:51 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,515
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Post #42 seals it for me. Suicides are Trump's fault.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-09-18, 03:05 AM
FootballFan1795 FootballFan1795 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-02-16
Posts: 944
FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-09-18, 07:02 AM
Username1 Username1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-13-17
Posts: 2,420
Username1 is on a distinguished road
I have no problem with suicide. Especially if I don't like you.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-09-18, 07:55 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,280
eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Why are folks surprised?

From my existence we've always had "sick care" rather than health care.

With that said expect the number to rise.
Itís not uncommon for people to view depression as a choice or temporary response to some adversity and any resulting suicide as a selfish act versus an involuntary act due to a serious disease.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-09-18, 10:08 AM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Posts: 4,113
irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
I have no problem with suicide. Especially if I don't like you.
Only Ted could make me laugh in a suicide thread.

If I am ever diagnosed as terminal I will eat a bullet before it gets too bad. Not to dodge a miserable end but I never want to be a burden to those I love. I've been on the other end and have seen it many times and I would never want 24 hour care or to be penned up in some hospice bed. Favorite hunting spot would be the place. The irony.

To my sick care vs. health care comment I have great insurance and a good doctor. I go see the doctor when I am sick, which is rare. He never has said to me I want to test you for sugar levels, acid levels, see how your heart is working. Many companies are going toward preventative health care in order to lower their premiums. Incentives to routinely see the doctor even when not sick. Incentives for losing weight, quitting smoking, etc. It makes sense.

...but anything mentally and you are still a pariah so the vast majority self medicate. We have to change that.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06-09-18, 10:10 AM
EagleFan's Avatar
EagleFan EagleFan is offline
Scatologist
 
Join Date: 03-04-02
Location: Ohio
Posts: 21,335
EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
I had never heard of either
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-09-18, 10:13 AM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 7,315
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Bourdain had an 11 year old kid and Spade a 13 year-old. Seems selfish?
I've read that many people think that committing suicide will actually be better for their loved ones because they'll no longer be a burden on them.

There's a lot that goes into depression and suicide. It's anything but selfish.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-09-18, 12:09 PM
Username1 Username1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-13-17
Posts: 2,420
Username1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
I've read that many people think that committing suicide will actually be better for their loved ones because they'll no longer be a burden on them.

There's a lot that goes into depression and suicide. It's anything but selfish.
A death of a parent is easier on the kids than a divorce, from what I have read.

If someone wants to or feels suicide is the only way out of their pain, who are we to say they made the wrong choice? Who is actually being selfish? The people that are left behind playing Monday morning qb or the guy that couldn't take it anymore? Suicide sucks, but so does any death of a loved one.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-09-18, 12:11 PM
Username1 Username1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-13-17
Posts: 2,420
Username1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Only Ted could make me laugh in a suicide thread.

If I am ever diagnosed as terminal I will eat a bullet before it gets too bad. Not to dodge a miserable end but I never want to be a burden to those I love. I've been on the other end and have seen it many times and I would never want 24 hour care or to be penned up in some hospice bed. Favorite hunting spot would be the place. The irony.

To my sick care vs. health care comment I have great insurance and a good doctor. I go see the doctor when I am sick, which is rare. He never has said to me I want to test you for sugar levels, acid levels, see how your heart is working. Many companies are going toward preventative health care in order to lower their premiums. Incentives to routinely see the doctor even when not sick. Incentives for losing weight, quitting smoking, etc. It makes sense.

...but anything mentally and you are still a pariah so the vast majority self medicate. We have to change that.
Yup
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-09-18, 12:31 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Pboy has even heard of Kate Spade.

Granted, thatís likely only due to the company being part of an acquisition in 2017.


These deaths are very sad, and will likely lead to an uptick in worldwide suicide rates in the short term, unfortunately
I knew of her brand before this. But I couldnít have picked her out of a crowd of ppl. Very aware of who Boudain was, tbh, I didnt care for him after this comment. Not sure if he was just going a long w/ what this dik Head German was saying, but if he did, f**k him.

Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-09-18, 12:46 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 7,315
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
"Cuck", being glad that "this jew is dead now", "rest in piss", being "glad he's dead", "red-pilling", "scumbag kike, I'm glad he off'd himself", "burn in hell kike", "GAS GAS GAS", are just a few things you'll see if you scroll through that comment section. No surprise Pboy sides with these people. And it's very alarming to be honest. That's a very dark path to be heading down.

Also, what was controversial about what he said? Maybe I missed it but it seems like he's saying race-mixing is how you eliminate discrimination based on race. Doesn't really sound all that illogical, honestly.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-09-18, 12:52 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
"Cuck", being glad that "this jew is dead now", "rest in piss", being "glad he's dead", "red-pilling", "scumbag kike, I'm glad he off'd himself", "burn in hell kike", "GAS GAS GAS", are just a few things you'll see if you scroll through that comment section. No surprise Pboy sides with these people. And it's very alarming to be honest. That's a very dark path to be heading down.

Also, what was controversial about what he said? Maybe I missed it but it seems like he's saying race-mixing is how you eliminate discrimination based on race. Doesn't really sound all that illogical, honestly.
I donít side with them, Iím pro Jews/ Israel, but Iím against what he was saying. I donít think he was saying we should mix races, he was saying white ppl need to go.

And heís fundamentally wrong. Look at what happened in Rwanda, thereís always going to be discrimination in some form.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-09-18, 01:03 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,291
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Also, why do Germans seem to this Utopian fetish?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-09-18, 01:05 PM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 15,301
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
I donít side with them, Iím pro Jews/ Israel, but Iím against what he was saying. I donít think he was saying we should mix races, he was saying white ppl need to go.

And heís fundamentally wrong. Look at what happened in Rwanda, thereís always going to be discrimination in some form.
That's literally exactly what they were saying. I think I counted the word "mix" being used 3 times.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-09-18, 01:15 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 7,315
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Yeah I'm not sure where the vile animosity is coming from. Regardless of whether it would work or not, saying that if we we are all the same skin color there wouldn't be discrimation based on skin color is completely uncontroversial. And it certainly doesn't deserve calling him a kike, or being glad that he's dead.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Celebrity sex scandal game Arrogate General Board 45 05-24-18 11:23 AM
Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington commits suicide BlueJayFan General Board 230 08-07-17 01:27 AM
Gable Connors Memorial Pin Suicide Tournament-Maysville High School-Saturday July 29 ptrsn Wrestling 4 08-01-17 11:29 AM
Family finds clues to teen's suicide in blue whale paintings Yappi General Board 4 07-18-17 08:41 PM
2nd Annual Pin Suicide Tournament Matmen127 Tournaments looking for teams, open tournaments, wrestling camps/clubs, etc. 0 05-25-17 09:16 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz