Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-08-18, 03:42 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
My father was in the restaurant biz and I had a lot of insight into what goes on behind those doors in a commercial kitchen, Bourdain's book Kitchen Confidential does a good job of giving insight into those secrets.
I can't speak for states other than Ohio, but it always seemed counterintuitive to me that my restaurateur friends knew when the Board of Health would come to call.......
Old 06-08-18, 03:44 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14red View Post
two celebrities, never heard of neither one until this week. Sad to hear they thought this was the answer.
+1
Old 06-08-18, 03:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Pboy has even heard of Kate Spade.

Granted, thatís likely only due to the company being part of an acquisition in 2017.

These deaths are very sad, and will likely lead to an uptick in worldwide suicide rates in the short term, unfortunately
I had heard the name "Kate Spade" before, but I'll admit I had retained nothing. I guess the finer points of "Kate Spade" were treated like my brain's RAM for most number sequences in the cell phone age - delete daily.
Old 06-08-18, 03:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
+1
If you happened to be intrigued by the locale Bourdain was in at a time you had paused channel-surfing on his show, you would have likely lingered long enough to have been entertained by his approach to his show. He would have been fun to walk around any busy town with.

If a long-serving member of his show's staff writes a book about working with him, I might buy the hardcover just to get it earlier.
Old 06-08-18, 03:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Lol it's amazing how dumb some people are.
Did you play the piccolo or the xylophone ?
Old 06-08-18, 04:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Please tell me you do not really believe that?
I guarantee a celebrity will die soon.......

...but it won't be Tony Bennett, goofballtom!!!

Old 06-08-18, 06:45 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Depression and suicide rates are a huge growing public health concern. Rates have risen in every state over the last 20 yrs.
Old 06-08-18, 08:16 PM
All Yappi

Whew.......

....was worried that you were Auggie's #3. Never before have I been so happy to see the purple stain back on the page.
Old 06-08-18, 08:22 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Not surprised. He has had a drug problem
Old 06-08-18, 10:05 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Depression and suicide rates are a huge growing public health concern. Rates have risen in every state over the last 20 yrs.
Why are folks surprised?

From my existence we've always had "sick care" rather than health care.

With that said expect the number to rise.
Old 06-08-18, 10:56 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
RE: High suicide rates

I think the main culprit is likely our culture. It’s built on stress and coercion
Old 06-08-18, 11:16 PM
All Ohio

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Interesting pic my kid showed me of a restaurant in Vietnam that enshrined a table where Bourdain and Obama ate in 2016.

Old 06-08-18, 11:23 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Not surprised. He has had a drug problem
He's been open about his drug usage before quitting in the 80s. It's only been about the last 15 years where he's actually been making money instead of living in debt. It kinda harsh to blame drugs as the reason without any knowledge of the situation.
Old 06-08-18, 11:43 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballFan1795 View Post
... a restaurant in Vietnam that enshrined a table where Bourdain and Obama ate in 2016.
Not really related but ... back during the 2004 election, Bush stopped in a candy store within walking distance of my house, but I don't think anything is enshrined in there.

Regardless, beforehand, his bus passed near our house; so, we watched it pass from the sidewalk. He was standing in the front of the bus, by the driver, waving at folks lined up along either side of the street. As the bus passed, he looked directly at us, we made our 9-year-old give him the Hook 'em Horns hand signal, and W. gave it back. Pretty funny.
Old 06-09-18, 12:47 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
RE: High suicide rates

I think the main culprit is likely our culture. Itís built on stress and coercion
To IB's point, ever notice all the pharma disclaimers seem to imply that an onset of suicidal thoughts could be expected with use ?
Old 06-09-18, 12:51 AM
All Yappi

Post #42 seals it for me. Suicides are Trump's fault.
Old 06-09-18, 03:05 AM
All Ohio

Old 06-09-18, 07:02 AM
All American

Username1 is on a distinguished road
I have no problem with suicide. Especially if I don't like you.
Old 06-09-18, 07:55 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Why are folks surprised?

From my existence we've always had "sick care" rather than health care.

With that said expect the number to rise.
Itís not uncommon for people to view depression as a choice or temporary response to some adversity and any resulting suicide as a selfish act versus an involuntary act due to a serious disease.
Old 06-09-18, 10:08 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
I have no problem with suicide. Especially if I don't like you.
Only Ted could make me laugh in a suicide thread.

If I am ever diagnosed as terminal I will eat a bullet before it gets too bad. Not to dodge a miserable end but I never want to be a burden to those I love. I've been on the other end and have seen it many times and I would never want 24 hour care or to be penned up in some hospice bed. Favorite hunting spot would be the place. The irony.

To my sick care vs. health care comment I have great insurance and a good doctor. I go see the doctor when I am sick, which is rare. He never has said to me I want to test you for sugar levels, acid levels, see how your heart is working. Many companies are going toward preventative health care in order to lower their premiums. Incentives to routinely see the doctor even when not sick. Incentives for losing weight, quitting smoking, etc. It makes sense.

...but anything mentally and you are still a pariah so the vast majority self medicate. We have to change that.
Old 06-09-18, 10:10 AM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
I had never heard of either
Old 06-09-18, 10:13 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Bourdain had an 11 year old kid and Spade a 13 year-old. Seems selfish?
I've read that many people think that committing suicide will actually be better for their loved ones because they'll no longer be a burden on them.

There's a lot that goes into depression and suicide. It's anything but selfish.
Old 06-09-18, 12:09 PM
All American

Quote:
I've read that many people think that committing suicide will actually be better for their loved ones because they'll no longer be a burden on them.

There's a lot that goes into depression and suicide. It's anything but selfish.
A death of a parent is easier on the kids than a divorce, from what I have read.

If someone wants to or feels suicide is the only way out of their pain, who are we to say they made the wrong choice? Who is actually being selfish? The people that are left behind playing Monday morning qb or the guy that couldn't take it anymore? Suicide sucks, but so does any death of a loved one.
Old 06-09-18, 12:11 PM
All American

Quote:
Only Ted could make me laugh in a suicide thread.

If I am ever diagnosed as terminal I will eat a bullet before it gets too bad. Not to dodge a miserable end but I never want to be a burden to those I love. I've been on the other end and have seen it many times and I would never want 24 hour care or to be penned up in some hospice bed. Favorite hunting spot would be the place. The irony.

To my sick care vs. health care comment I have great insurance and a good doctor. I go see the doctor when I am sick, which is rare. He never has said to me I want to test you for sugar levels, acid levels, see how your heart is working. Many companies are going toward preventative health care in order to lower their premiums. Incentives to routinely see the doctor even when not sick. Incentives for losing weight, quitting smoking, etc. It makes sense.

...but anything mentally and you are still a pariah so the vast majority self medicate. We have to change that.
Yup
Old 06-09-18, 12:31 PM
All Yappi

Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Pboy has even heard of Kate Spade.

Granted, thatís likely only due to the company being part of an acquisition in 2017.

These deaths are very sad, and will likely lead to an uptick in worldwide suicide rates in the short term, unfortunately
I knew of her brand before this. But I couldnít have picked her out of a crowd of ppl. Very aware of who Boudain was, tbh, I didnt care for him after this comment. Not sure if he was just going a long w/ what this dik Head German was saying, but if he did, f**k him.

Old 06-09-18, 12:46 PM
All Yappi

"Cuck", being glad that "this jew is dead now", "rest in piss", being "glad he's dead", "red-pilling", "scumbag kike, I'm glad he off'd himself", "burn in hell kike", "GAS GAS GAS", are just a few things you'll see if you scroll through that comment section. No surprise Pboy sides with these people. And it's very alarming to be honest. That's a very dark path to be heading down.

Also, what was controversial about what he said? Maybe I missed it but it seems like he's saying race-mixing is how you eliminate discrimination based on race. Doesn't really sound all that illogical, honestly.
Old 06-09-18, 12:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
"Cuck", being glad that "this jew is dead now", "rest in piss", being "glad he's dead", "red-pilling", "scumbag kike, I'm glad he off'd himself", "burn in hell kike", "GAS GAS GAS", are just a few things you'll see if you scroll through that comment section. No surprise Pboy sides with these people. And it's very alarming to be honest. That's a very dark path to be heading down.

Also, what was controversial about what he said? Maybe I missed it but it seems like he's saying race-mixing is how you eliminate discrimination based on race. Doesn't really sound all that illogical, honestly.
I donít side with them, Iím pro Jews/ Israel, but Iím against what he was saying. I donít think he was saying we should mix races, he was saying white ppl need to go.

And heís fundamentally wrong. Look at what happened in Rwanda, thereís always going to be discrimination in some form.
Old 06-09-18, 01:03 PM
All Yappi

Also, why do Germans seem to this Utopian fetish?
Old 06-09-18, 01:05 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
I donít side with them, Iím pro Jews/ Israel, but Iím against what he was saying. I donít think he was saying we should mix races, he was saying white ppl need to go.

And heís fundamentally wrong. Look at what happened in Rwanda, thereís always going to be discrimination in some form.
That's literally exactly what they were saying. I think I counted the word "mix" being used 3 times.
Old 06-09-18, 01:15 PM
All Yappi

Yeah I'm not sure where the vile animosity is coming from. Regardless of whether it would work or not, saying that if we we are all the same skin color there wouldn't be discrimation based on skin color is completely uncontroversial. And it certainly doesn't deserve calling him a kike, or being glad that he's dead.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: