Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
South Range by 17+ 16 27.12%
South Range by 8-16 25 42.37%
South Range by 1-7 6 10.17%
Black River by 1-7 8 13.56%
Black River by 8-16 3 5.08%
Black River by 17+ 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-17, 05:59 AM
All Ohio

boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Dude calm down
No doubt...dude got triggered because people voted for SR in a poll. Isn't that what a poll is for? Voting?? No one talked any crap.

I watched SR this past week...very impressed. I'll take them in a close game (only because I haven't seen Black River play).

Good luck Raiders! Keep it going!!
Old 11-13-17, 06:52 AM
Junior Varsity

moose1818 is on a distinguished road
No one got triggered just tried to figure out why and get more info which still didnt get anything but speculation no real reason its all good though.
Old 11-13-17, 06:54 AM
Freshman

1984SR#31 is on a distinguished road
Somebody is off their meds...

Being an old-timer from SR, I like the Raiders chances here. They've done some things this year that I cannot recall them doing in any previous year, namely 1) going undefeated in a season where they play so many new (unfamiliar) opponents, 2) and beating so many good teams. Seems there's something really special about this year's team. That said, they can be beat and I believe coach Y has them understanding that. They've reached this level before... only to lose to a team that they were "better" than. I don't see this happening this time.

Good luck to both teams! I hope to see an error-free game where the best team wins straight up!

Last edited by 1984SR#31; 11-13-17 at 07:07 AM. Reason: words out of order
Old 11-13-17, 08:30 AM
All Ohio

boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1818 View Post
No one got triggered just tried to figure out why and get more info which still didnt get anything but speculation no real reason its all good though.
Your information is not much better. Put up stats if you feel like Sullivan is superior to SR. I always love me a comparison table on a Monday morning...hint/hint. Maybe a spreadsheet? Just some suggestions.

You feel Sullivan plays tough...most teams play tough if they are still alive week 13. No one ever questioned Sullivan's toughness or speed, but you went on the offensive quickly. Settle bro...let the players and fans enjoy the week, including yourself.

SR played a tough schedule...so did Sullivan. Both teams are very deserving...we'll know more by 11pm on Friday night.
Old 11-13-17, 08:58 AM
Freshman

sbfan10 is on a distinguished road
Boomer couldn't agree more. He gets mad when people say SR going to win. Yet he puts no facts to his statements of black river winning. Any way good luck to former conference foe Canfield and future conference foe South Range. Represent the valley
Old 11-13-17, 10:13 PM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
South Range is the smart pick here.
Old 11-13-17, 10:17 PM
Junior Varsity

I am so glad they play the game on the field and not through speculation and a meaningless poll. I am so glad almost everyone is sleeping on River good luck to all. You guys coming from Mahoning Valley be safe coming in!! Go River
Old 11-13-17, 11:01 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
I can't decide who's the bigger whacko on this thread: Moose or Stiz.

On one hand, I recall Moose running a similar but more tame line of nonsense last year when CCC played Black River in the 2nd round. Including this one:
Quote:
I have watched CCC play and they are not that impressive. They may be fast but I think River will be just fine. Its good to be the underdog. Since none of you give credit where credit is due why dont one of you go ahead and call Al Young and tell him to tell him and his team to not show up the game is already over. Let him know they are too slow and dont belong on the same field. By the way I have seen enough football to know that if you get knocked around a little bit you dont want to touch the ball.
http://www.yappi.com/forums/newreply...eply&p=6615537

That one ended up a 30-0 beatdown in favor of CCC. CCC shut down Black River's vaunted rushing attack, and Black River couldn't throw the ball to save its life. However, past performance is not indicative of future results. This is a new year and a different matchup of teams.

On the other hand, we have Stiz claiming the best team in this region didn't make the playoffs, CCC. I don't know if Stiz even watched CCC play this year, but I must disagree with his assessment. Difficult schedule or not, CCC did not play well enough on a consistent basis this year to make me believe they would even win this region if they had qualified for the playoffs.

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 11-13-17 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-13-17, 11:20 PM
All World

FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
What I do is go to work on Friday and go watch the game after work. South Range by 5 is my pick.
Old 11-13-17, 11:25 PM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Best of luck our NE8 Raiders!
Old 11-14-17, 12:02 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
I can't decide who's the bigger whacko on this thread: Moose or Stiz.

On one hand, I recall Moose running a similar but more tame line of nonsense last year when CCC played Black River in the 2nd round. Including this one:
http://www.yappi.com/forums/newreply...eply&p=6615537

That one ended up a 30-0 beatdown in favor of CCC. CCC shut down Black River's vaunted rushing attack, and Black River couldn't throw the ball to save its life. However, past performance is not indicative of future results. This is a new year and a different matchup of teams.

On the other hand, we have Stiz claiming the best team in this region didn't make the playoffs, CCC. I don't know if Stiz even watched CCC play this year, but I must disagree with his assessment. Difficult schedule or not, CCC did not play well enough on a consistent basis this year to make me believe they would even win this region if they had qualified for the playoffs.
Its hard to beat a school that recruits and can pool from the entire state just sayin. The reason CCC is down this year is because they knee they were about to get busted.
Old 11-14-17, 12:03 PM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
lol
Old 11-14-17, 12:04 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Its hard to beat a school that recruits and can pool from the entire state just sayin. The reason CCC is down this year is because they knee they were about to get busted.

Clueless as always. Your parents must be very proud.
Old 11-14-17, 02:26 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just when you think Stiz has won, moose comes from nowhere to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat!
Old 11-14-17, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Thrilled to see both teams get this far.

South Range has some great folks and Black River is led by the immortal Al Young.
Old 11-14-17, 09:09 PM
All World

Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984SR#31 View Post
They've reached this level before... only to lose to a team that they were "better" than. I don't see this happening this time.

Good luck to both teams! I hope to see an error-free game where the best team wins straight up!
1984, Are you talking about Patrick Henry in 2005? I don't know if South Range was a "better" team that year. I thought they were both pretty evenly matched. Injuries to Novak and Rach killed the Raiders in that state semi-final.

As far as the game with Black River, the Raiders seem to be on a roll with executing the run option to a T. Defense's pick their poison in stopping Remish, and Buzzacco runs freely. Stop Buzzacco and Remish gashes them up the middle. Crowd the box and Buzzacco hits Combs, Stear or Toy in the passing game. Then there are the jet sweeps with Combs to keep defenses honest. Defense's have to play sideline to sideline, and line of scrimmage to backfield. Hard for most defense's to do both at the high school level.

Defensively, the Raiders swarm to the ball and have great team speed. Remish is a stand out linebacker, maybe even better as a linebacker than running back. And the d-line and d-ends have been very assignment sound most all of the season. They put a lot of pressure on opposing quarterbacks while the ends rarely lose containment on runs to the outside. Hopefully Friday night they can slow the Pirates offense while the Raiders offense keeps producing. Like always, the game will be won at the line of scrimmage. Who wins that battle will win the game.
Old 11-15-17, 08:12 AM
All District

BRFan
I have not posted on this site in a long long time. My thoughts on the game is one team is winning by 2 touchdowns or more. Either South Range will show they are as good as advertised, or Black River will shock some people. If I were placing a bet on the game it would be on SR, but am rooting for the Pirates. Good luck to both teams, it is only just a game! Oh and here is a nice article about a 52 game losing streak Black River once had.

http://www.medina-gazette.com/High-S...severance.html
Old 11-15-17, 10:10 AM
Freshman

1984SR#31 is on a distinguished road
1984, Are you talking about Patrick Henry in 2005? I don't know if South Range was a "better" team that year.

No, I was kinda thinking about last year... SR lost the first playoff game, right? And I thought we were favored... (I could be wrong)
Old 11-15-17, 08:58 PM
All World

Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
Last year,....yeah definitely. I usually have nothing but praise for coach Yeagley and his staff, but they got out-coached last year by Garfeld. A friend of mine from Mogadore said Garfield refused to run the ball last year during the regular season despite having good rb's. Then against the Raiders they broke out the running game when the Raiders built their whole game plan around stopping the Garfield passing game. Hopefully the Raiders learned from that experience.
Old 11-15-17, 10:43 PM
Junior Varsity

smitty1974 is on a distinguished road
i dont knows much about south range but if both teams love running the ball, that should cancel each one out,but i figure south range has the qb who can pass the ball,black river dont pass that much so it could come down to qb play and specialtyteam and with that my gut says south range will win.black rivers competition in their league is d-3 buckeye,d-4 firelands rest of their league is weak,so the edge is to south range.
Old 11-16-17, 06:14 AM
All Ohio

m14brian is on a distinguished road
Both run teams. Team that wins in the trenches will win. as is the case with 99% of HS playoff games
Old 11-16-17, 01:47 PM
Varsity

Down Low is on a distinguished road
Crestview played rRange twice. Tuff team.
Old 11-16-17, 01:48 PM
Freshman

Cadin_Chapman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Exactly how I feel, graduated last year from black river and was on the football team..
Old 11-16-17, 05:18 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
South Range figured out how to stop Manchester on the ground, and Manchester still had no answer for SR's offense. I don't know if it'll be any closer on Friday, but I think it's more of the same for South Range.
Old 11-16-17, 05:25 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
South Range figured out how to stop Manchester on the ground, and Manchester still had no answer for SR's offense. I don't know if it'll be any closer on Friday, but I think it's more of the same for South Range.
This. I don't think River will be quick/athletic enough to stop Range on offense, while Range's D will be disciplined and physical enough to slow River. I'm going a final of 31-14 Range.
Old 11-16-17, 06:01 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Hope range wins. But they have to have the ugliest jersey / color scheme ever. God there’s something I dislike about gold and maroon
Old 11-16-17, 07:13 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
This. I don't think River will be quick/athletic enough to stop Range on offense, while Range's D will be disciplined and physical enough to slow River. I'm going a final of 31-14 Range.
They said the same stuff in 99 and River came out and smacked them in the mouth and beat them by 3 scores. Black River is more physical and just as fast as Range. Hope the boys from Range is not as cocky ad their fans could be a very long night for the Raiders!! I dont think Range has been hit as hard as they will be tomorrow night those corn fed hicks are ready to bring it!!!
Old 11-16-17, 07:18 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They said the same stuff in 99 and River came out and smacked them in the mouth and beat them by 3 scores. Black River is more physical and just as fast as Range. Hope the boys from Range is not as cocky ad their fans could be a very long night for the Raiders!! I dont think Range has been hit as hard as they will be tomorrow night those corn fed hicks are ready to bring it!!!
Lol the kids playing tomorrow were infants or not even born yet in 99. Literally means nothing. You really should stop acting as such a victim and defensive because people think Range is going to win. There's literally only 2 Range fans on here, the rest are neutral observers.
Old 11-16-17, 08:20 PM
All Ohio

m14brian is on a distinguished road
This might be South Range best shot at a state title. No MAC teams in D5. Donít see any catlick teams either
Old 11-16-17, 10:05 PM
All Ohio

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRFan View Post
I have not posted on this site in a long long time. My thoughts on the game is one team is winning by 2 touchdowns or more. Either South Range will show they are as good as advertised, or Black River will shock some people. If I were placing a bet on the game it would be on SR, but am rooting for the Pirates. Good luck to both teams, it is only just a game! Oh and here is a nice article about a 52 game losing streak Black River once had.

http://www.medina-gazette.com/High-S...severance.html
BRFan that is a cool article.
Thanks for sticking that on here.