Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
South Range by 17+ 16 27.12%
South Range by 8-16 25 42.37%
South Range by 1-7 6 10.17%
Black River by 1-7 8 13.56%
Black River by 8-16 3 5.08%
Black River by 17+ 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-17, 09:40 PM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
D V Region 17 Championship: South Range (12-0) vs Black River (11-1)

Discuss
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-17, 11:09 PM
Junior Varsity

moose1818 is on a distinguished road
The 3 people who have voted for South Range must not know anything about River. They are not going to just roll over and let the Raiders beat them. They are fast on both sides of the ball. Its going to be a slugfest I will take River by a touchdown or two!! Both teams are playing really well dont get cocky Range it will haunt you!!
Old 11-11-17, 11:28 PM
Junior Varsity

You guys picking South Range lets hear your reasons!! I am waiting!! See the last time River played them it was said South Range is too much for River and well we know the outcome of that game. I promise you if South Range wins it wont be by more than a field goal..

Last edited by moose1818; 11-12-17 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-12-17, 05:00 AM
All Ohio

Mathews99
Seems there is one troll from Black River hasn't a clue that games in the past have no outcome on the one this year, this Friday, in 2017.... I just follow South Range, and putting South Ranges schedule up versus Black Rivers, South Range has had the rougher path, and don't worry about South Range being cocky.... they won't need to, when they show you they are the best team in this region this year... South Range 38 Black River 17 sounds like a good prediction from me for this one...
Old 11-12-17, 07:17 AM
All Region

E-Town is on a distinguished road
River in a close one.
Old 11-12-17, 09:51 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathews99 View Post
Seems there is one troll from Black River hasn't a clue that games in the past have no outcome on the one this year, this Friday, in 2017.... I just follow South Range, and putting South Ranges schedule up versus Black Rivers, South Range has had the rougher path, and don't worry about South Range being cocky.... they won't need to, when they show you they are the best team in this region this year... South Range 38 Black River 17 sounds like a good prediction from me for this one...
A troll bwahahahaha so instead of being an adult you want to result to childish name calling thats cute. So tell me just how is South Ranges schedule tougher? I bet both Buckeye and Firelands would give South Range more then they can handle. I am willing to bet that South Range had not faced 3 running backs like Black River had at the same time. Black River is tougher then people give them credit for. They will wear South Range out you can bet on that. I guess thats why they play the game on the field and not behind a keyboard. Go ahead and sleep on River..
Old 11-12-17, 10:05 AM
All Ohio

Scipio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1818 View Post
A troll bwahahahaha so instead of being an adult you want to result to childish name calling thats cute. So tell me just how is South Ranges schedule tougher? I bet both Buckeye and Firelands would give South Range more then they can handle. I am willing to bet that South Range had not faced 3 running backs like Black River had at the same time. Black River is tougher then people give them credit for. They will wear South Range out you can bet on that. I guess thats why they play the game on the field and not behind a keyboard. Go ahead and sleep on River..
An adult doesn't come unhinged because three people who vote differently on a poll. Relax, it's a High School football game, enjoy the moment.

Back to the game, two solid teams from what I can tell. I have never seen BR or any of the teams on their schedule so I don't have a clue about that. I did see that Coach Yeagley was very complimentary of the BR program and their Head Coach in the paper this morning. They sound like a class program.

After looking at SR's schedule and knowing the Mahoning Valley area, I can verify its a pretty strong schedule. A lot of winning programs and playoff teams there.
Good Luck and good health to both teams. I'll be rooting for SR to take the Region.

Last edited by Scipio; 11-12-17 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-12-17, 10:16 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio View Post
An adult doesn't come unhinged because three people who vote differently on a poll somehow are a threat to his manhood. Relax, it's a High School football game.

Back to the game, two solid teams from what I can tell. I have never seen BR or any of the teams on their schedule so I don't have a clue about that. I did see that Coach Yeagley was very complimentary of the BR program and their Head Coach in the paper this morning. They sound like a class program.

After looking at SR's schedule and knowing the Mahoning Valley area, I can verify its a pretty strong schedule. A lot of winning programs and playoff teams there.
Good Luck and good health to both teams. I'll be rooting for SR to take the Region.
You dont make it to a regional final based on your schedule alone. Its funny this is supposed to be a discussion but people cant explain their reasons for picking one team or the other. But its all good their will be alot of heart broken people headed back to North Lima/ Canfield/ where ever they claim to be from!!
Old 11-12-17, 11:05 AM
Freshman

NEohiofan01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You dont make it to a regional final based on your schedule alone. Its funny this is supposed to be a discussion but people cant explain their reasons for picking one team or the other. But its all good their will be alot of heart broken people headed back to North Lima/ Canfield/ where ever they claim to be from!!
It sound like you want an argument not a discussion! I follow football in Northeast Ohio and I seen South Range beat a lot of hard teams this year. Some games or I should say most games when they were the smaller team on the field. No one is saying Black River is a bad team. No one is sleeping on them. I’m taking South Range in this one because of their outstanding running back and their unbelievable quarterback that can eat you up on the ground and in the air. Not to mention they have three outstanding receivers. But I’m most impressed with their defense they shut down some very powerful offenses this year. Also many different styles of offenses too. They prepare very good for every team they play! Good luck two both teams. Go Raiders!!!!!!

Last edited by NEohiofan01; 11-12-17 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-12-17, 12:05 PM
All Ohio

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So tell me just how is South Ranges schedule tougher?

Drew Pasteur says South Range's schedule is the 14th toughest in Division V. By contrast, he notes that Black River's schedule is the 69th toughest in Division V.

Last edited by The Dock; 11-12-17 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-12-17, 12:34 PM
Junior Varsity

Burggrad6 is on a distinguished road
I’ll take black river in a very close game.
Old 11-12-17, 12:51 PM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Scipio said he didn't see River play, or their opponents. He's not disrespecting them. He's merely complimenting South Range. We in the Mahoning Valley know the teams they beat. I still say the one that REALLY opened my eyes is the beat down of Sharon
Old 11-12-17, 01:00 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
Scipio said he didn't see River play, or their opponents. He's not disrespecting them. He's merely complimenting South Range. We in the Mahoning Valley know the teams they beat. I still say the one that REALLY opened my eyes is the beat down of Sharon
Especially considering Sharon played Wilmington tough and Wilmington is just running over the competition in PA. I'd say the absolute blow-outs of Reserve and Springfield to open the season opened a lot of eyes, and then going down late in the season to beat St Clairsville handily was extremely impressive too
Old 11-12-17, 01:32 PM
All American

Stizostedion
South Range wins by four touchdowns over Black River. The best team in this region did not even make it into the postseason. The next best two played last week at Louisville. I will repeat what I posted before that South Range will win this week and the next and will play in the state championship game. Now I will go back into hiding.
Old 11-12-17, 01:42 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
South Range wins by four touchdowns over Black River. The best team in this region did not even make it into the postseason. The next best two played last week at Louisville. I will repeat what I posted before that South Range will win this week and the next and will play in the state championship game. Now I will go back into hiding.
How did the best team not make it to the post season? Who in the world are you referring to?
Old 11-12-17, 01:47 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
How did the best team not make it to the post season? Who in the world are you referring to?
CCC, though I'm not sure they're solidly the best team, they played a ridiculous schedule for a D5 school
Old 11-12-17, 01:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
CCC, though I'm not sure they're solidly the best team, they played a ridiculous schedule for a D5 school
Not the best team. Didn’t beat any of their tough opponents. Plus they lost to oil city.

South range is much better than CCC. This season.
Old 11-12-17, 03:10 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post

Drew Pasteur says South Range's schedule is the 14th toughest in Division V. By contrast, he notes that Black River's schedule is the 69th toughest in Division V.
Since when does a computer play the games if that was the case there wouldnt be a reason to show up and play on Friday nights. I have watched both these teams and to be honest Range is solid but they would lose to both Firelands and Buckeye. Black River play like crap against Buckeye or they would have won this region. I will take River..
Old 11-12-17, 03:18 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
Down year because they took a break in recruiting so they didnt get caught!!
Old 11-12-17, 03:52 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Since when does a computer play the games if that was the case there wouldnt be a reason to show up and play on Friday nights. I have watched both these teams and to be honest Range is solid but they would lose to both Firelands and Buckeye. Black River play like crap against Buckeye or they would have won this region. I will take River..
Translation: “I was proven wrong, so I’ll continue to make an as of myself.”
Old 11-12-17, 04:18 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
Translation: “I was proven wrong, so I’ll continue to make an as of myself.”
Where was I proven wrong bud. Computers dont play the games do they? I guess someone needs to call Black River and tell them to stay home the computer says they suck because their schedule is weak so they wont be able to hang with the mighty Raiders...
Old 11-12-17, 04:19 PM
All Region

pcbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Black River would have been at 23.65 if they beat Buckeye. That's still nowhere close to South Range's 30.85.
Old 11-12-17, 04:20 PM
Freshman

WDLWWOBLSports is on a distinguished road
The game will be broadcast on WOBL (1320 AM and 107.7 FM) as well as LorainCounty.com with pregame starting At 7.
Old 11-12-17, 04:36 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Where was I proven wrong bud. Computers dont play the games do they? I guess someone needs to call Black River and tell them to stay home the computer says they suck because their schedule is weak so they wont be able to hang with the mighty Raiders...
No one said anything about “the computers” until you did. Do you realize there actually isn’t any “computer” work behind the standings and point attributions, and it’s literally just summing win totals (adjusted for division) and dividing? It’s Algebra II principles.

No one said “Black River’s schedule is weak”, but South Range’s schedule, empirically, is stronger on the metric that is universally accepted to determine such across the entire OHSAA, its member schools, and the high school football fan base (well, the knowledgeable ones, at least.)
Old 11-12-17, 04:59 PM
All World

Raider#23 is on a distinguished road
Since I am one of maybe two people on Yappi from South Range I want thank all of those who have been so complimentary to the South Range program. Coach Yeagley has been a stand out person and coach. And he certainly has nothing but the utmost respect for coach Young and the Pirate football team and program. I am sure they will be preparing for a team in Black River that they will recognize as being solid in every facet of the game. You don't get to the regional championship if you are not.

Dock, I appreciate you pointing out that the only analytical measurement stick we have on schedule strength is the computer points. Was South Range's schedule harder than Black River? I have no idea. But I'm sure it will be a great high school football game, and I will be looking forward to it Friday night.
Old 11-12-17, 05:32 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Not the best team. Didn’t beat any of their tough opponents. Plus they lost to oil city.

South range is much better than CCC. This season.
I was.shocked when they lost to Oil City. Don't know if they packed it in or not
Old 11-12-17, 05:33 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Drew has South Range as the 85th best in the state. Buckeye at 134. Not 100%, but still....
Old 11-12-17, 05:49 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
Drew has South Range as the 85th best in the state. Buckeye at 134. Not 100%, but still....
Hey I get it call River and tell them not to show up they dont belong there strength of schedule says so and everyone who has not seen them play know they have already lost
Old 11-12-17, 07:22 PM
All Region

YTOWN
I will freely admit that I have not seen Black River this year and don't know much about them. They have to be a pretty good football team to have made it this far. However, this South Range team is a very solid football team and has defeated 6 playoff teams, 2 in Pa, in the regular season and handled all of them rather easily. It will take a good team and a strong effort to beat them. If I had to pick a winner in this game I would pick the Raiders just based on that but that's why they play the game. Good luck to both teams.
Old 11-12-17, 08:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Hey I get it call River and tell them not to show up they dont belong there strength of schedule says so and everyone who has not seen them play know they have already lost
Dude calm down