Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
Whitmer by 17+ 1 3.03%
Whitmer by 8-16 8 24.24%
Whitmer by 1-7 13 39.39%
Olentangy Liberty by 1-7 8 24.24%
Olentangy Liberty 8-16 2 6.06%
Olentangy Liberty by 17+ 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-17, 09:11 PM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
D I Region 2 Championship: Whitmer (12-0) vs Olentangy Liberty (10-2)

Whitmer favored?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-17, 09:24 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Whitmer favored?
I'd say it's a toss up.

http://www.thisweeknews.com/sports/2...2-olentangy-29

http://www.thisweeknews.com/sports/2...nna-lincoln-14

They both pulled out close games by 3 points this week. I actually thought the Whitmer/Olentangy game would be the low-scoring game, and Liberty/Gahanna would be high-scoring, but it turned out the opposite.

Liberty beat Olentangy at Olentangy earlier in the season.

http://www.thisweeknews.com/sports/2...8-olentangy-17
Old 11-12-17, 10:25 PM
All Region

AndrewAnto86 is on a distinguished road
Not a lot of parking at Findlay. I assume you can just park on the surrounding streets?
Old 11-13-17, 12:01 AM
All Region

Geno1 is on a distinguished road
Nothing closer to halfway between Toledo and Powell? Geez!

I mean, Findlay is just a short drive down 75 from Toledo, correct?
Old 11-13-17, 12:43 AM
All Ohio

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno1 View Post

Findlay is as close as halfway as you can get for these two when it comes to facilities big enough to support a D1 Regional Final.

I used to live in Delaware County, and would drive by Findlay on my way to Detroit and Windsor, ON. Once you are past Delaware State Park and the intersection for State Routes 229 & 423, there are no traffic lights. After the City of Marion it’s all 70 mph.

Whitmer is two minutes, give or take, from the OH/MI state line. It’s not going to be the easiest drive, either, for them on a Friday afternoon.

I’ve heard that Findlay has an amazing turf field, though.
Old 11-13-17, 04:42 AM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Weisman got tossed for targeting in the Gahanna game does he miss this week too? BIG LOSS if so , he's their most valuable player IMO
Old 11-13-17, 06:22 AM
All District

Footballfilmguru is on a distinguished road
Do not know much about Whitmer. I have believed for a while that Liberty is the best coaching staff in all of Central Ohio.
Old 11-13-17, 07:45 AM
All District

Whitmer87 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Weisman got tossed for targeting in the Gahanna game does he miss this week too? BIG LOSS if so , he's their most valuable player IMO
Heard from HS ref, he should be out.
Old 11-13-17, 12:48 PM
Freshman

gowitt10 is on a distinguished road
I don't see anywhere in the rules that an ejection for targeting is also a disqualification from the next game. It was a big hit, but seems harsh to me that he would also miss the next game. Rules are rules if that is the case, but I cant' find it anywhere...
Old 11-13-17, 04:01 PM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno1 View Post

It's 56 miles from Whitmer and 78 miles from Powell
Old 11-13-17, 05:35 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
and the stadium is on the furthest side away from Toledo so can't get much more fair than that without putting the game in a sheep pasture.
Old 11-14-17, 03:03 PM
Freshman

OhFootbllFan is on a distinguished road
If Weisman was actually ejected from the game at the discretion of the official, I believe it falls under the ejection policy, must sit the next game. You wont find it under the targeting rule. IMO

Last edited by OhFootbllFan; 11-14-17 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-14-17, 07:14 PM
All District

CCHS93 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfilmguru View Post
Do not know much about Whitmer. I have believed for a while that Liberty is the best coaching staff in all of Central Ohio.
Whitmers QB is legit. He is only a sophomore. He is cousins with Ben Roethlisberger and has gone to many camps and clinics. His dad is the offensive coordinator and was Whitmers QB in his day. So Keller lives and breathes football and has a field IQ beyond his years. He has a cannon for an arm and is very accurate.
Old 11-15-17, 09:42 AM
Freshman

gowitt10 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like it will be a great match up. Hopefully the wind and rain holds off so it doesn't interfere with what sounds like will be a great game!
Old 11-15-17, 10:31 AM
All Region

BuckeyeFan94 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHS93 View Post
Whitmers QB is legit. He is only a sophomore. He is cousins with Ben Roethlisberger and has gone to many camps and clinics. His dad is the offensive coordinator and was Whitmers QB in his day. So Keller lives and breathes football and has a field IQ beyond his years. He has a cannon for an arm and is very accurate.
If I remember correctly, he was the starter last year as well as a Freshman while being Scouted by many D1 schools including Ole Miss? Will be interesting how the next 2 years pan out.

After looking into it he has offers from Ole Miss and Toledo. Has also been recruited by Ohio State, Michigan State and Pitt according to 247sports
Old 11-15-17, 12:09 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
http://www.thisweeknews.com/sports/2...l-title-repeat
Old 11-15-17, 06:49 PM
All Ohio

Roscoe is on a distinguished road
I-75 is a complete mess in the Findlay area. Liberty fans will probably arrive to the game before the Whitmer fans do!
Old 11-15-17, 08:13 PM
Varsity

KramericaIndustries is on a distinguished road
Liberty should win this game handily. Whitmer has no lines on either side of the ball or a running game, Tangy outgained them by nearly 200 yards last week and if they had any kickoff team at all (Liberty does) Whitmer would be home right now.

If Liberty can cover kicks and avoid turnovers, Whitmer will not stand a chance in this game.
Old 11-15-17, 08:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KramericaIndustries View Post
I've seen quite a bit of all 3 Olentangys the past 10 days, and here's what I'd tell you.
Stopping Liberty comes down to one thing, stopping Johnny Wiseman. And that's both defensively and play calling around avoidiberty comes down to one thing, stopping Johnny Wiseman. And that's both defensively and play calling around avoiding him when he's on defense. This seemed obvious enough from watching one game that I would hope the Orange coaches are game-planning for that right now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhFootbllFan View Post
If Weisman was actually ejected from the game at the discretion of the official, I believe it falls under the ejection policy, must sit the next game. You wont find it under the targeting rule. IMO
Old 11-15-17, 09:54 PM
Varsity

KramericaIndustries is on a distinguished road
None of the reporting I've seen suggests Wiseman is sitting. Until someone posts a link to the rule or a news article confirming he is out, I expect to see him playing.

Just looked it up in the gold book, absolutely nothing about Targeting DQs requiring a sit-out the next week. The only mention is if a player is DQ'd for Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalties, which by definition, are non-contact penalties.
Old 11-15-17, 10:40 PM
Freshman

chrundle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerWildcat View Post
KramericaIndustries, you’re spot on man. What time do you have class tomorrow?
Old 11-16-17, 12:13 AM
All Ohio

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Losing Wiseman is a huge loss for Liberty. BTW...it was a terrible call.
Old 11-16-17, 07:09 AM
All American

A big difference in in game stories or previews from other generations to me is they never mention who may be out for the game. Key Kids can be out for most of the year and if you aren't familiar with that program or have no one you know who knows this stuff you won't know what the hEIL happened to the kid and why he isn't playing.

In previews back in the day , this stuff was mentioned who is back who is out , now? crickets
Old 11-16-17, 07:55 AM
All Region

TRAC Football is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KramericaIndustries View Post
Liberty should win this game handily. Whitmer has no lines on either side of the ball or a running game, Tangy outgained them by nearly 200 yards last week and if they had any kickoff team at all (Liberty does) Whitmer would be home right now.

If Liberty can cover kicks and avoid turnovers, Whitmer will not stand a chance in this game.
You have obviously never seen Whitmer play this season, so therefore nobody should take that seriously.

That is like me saying "Liberty score no points vs Wayne or Pick North, Liberty no good, Whitmer Win!"
Old 11-16-17, 08:29 AM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Liberty fans will probably arrive to the game before the Whitmer fans do!
Doubtful...

The Liberty kids are tougher than their fans. Any sign of inclement weather and the Subaru's and will stay in the garage.
Old 11-16-17, 08:30 AM
All World

Here is hoping to Wiseman playing. I never want to see a kid dinged by an official. Liberty is a great team with a great coach. I hope Whitmer can keep it close again and pull out another W.
Old 11-16-17, 11:15 AM
All Yappi

Liberty is a next man up program. They're not hurting for talent. Still, for what they're describing it would seem harsh for a kid to miss a play-off game. Whitmer isn't going to shy because Liberty has their best on the field.

Hopefully it all works out for the best.

Good match, good sportsmanship and both teams go home head's held high (so they can spot the orange barrels for the driver).
Old 11-16-17, 12:17 PM
All American

Heard Wiseman won't be playing , and I agree the call was total crap , saw the highlight of the hit NOT ONE THING WRONG ABOUT IT , zero , zilch the null set unless you are saying he hit him a little too hard . He saw what he hit , his head was up and didn't launch . Incredibly poor judgment and call . If replay was in place he would be playing .

Reminds me of another Poor call that cost a Coffman Senior in 2014 the Davidson game the next week . Hit looked gruesome , Weisman's just looked like a good hard hit where he did everything right .

In that case the Coffman DB was going towards the QB who was running towards the sideline and as he got close to make the hit or push out of bounds , an opponents Receiver two hand shoved the DB who was running fast already, the added force blew the poor QB up and he was OUT and was carted off the field . Without the Two handed hard shove the hit may not even occur they threw him out and he missed the next game as well a big rivalry game the next week
Old 11-17-17, 08:07 AM
All Region

TRAC Football is on a distinguished road
Its sickening that an adult can take away a kids potential last game, because of a judgement call. If you are going to toss a kid for that, in a playoff game, it better be a brutal hit. It is so hard to judge those hits at full speed, you better be 100% sure it was malicious. I can't help but think about that being my son, and how I would feel. I might be in jail.
Old 11-17-17, 08:33 AM
All World

^ - Agree. It is a tough pill to swallow when you think about the circumstances you describe. One official made this call on a play that occurred in real motion. At the higher levels these types of calls are always reviewed. They are never called, accepted without review, and stand.

Without looking, what is the OHSAA appeals process? I would imagine it is a long arbitrary process in which you need your complaint postmarked no later than... One would think something should be spawned from this incident. In the future, if a kid is dinged for a hit, and the official feels it right to remove him from the game so be it but a review the following Monday could easily be accomplished by a 5 man panel to decide if he should play the next game.