Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
La Salle by 17+ 2 2.30%
La Salle by 8-16 3 3.45%
La Salle by 1-7 31 35.63%
Winton Woods by 1-7 17 19.54%
Winton Woods by 8-16 26 29.89%
Winton Woods by 17+ 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211  
Old 11-14-17, 07:50 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
Agreed. I don't think their system works for winning titles unless the players are other-worldly.
I don't even thinks it works for winning games, if all things are equal. It just kills your defense and special teams.
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 11-14-17, 07:56 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
Got it. Once that running clock hits and you can't get it shut off quickly, it's time to get some others in. Just my opinion.
I agree. People talk about sportsmanship but I think a lack of sportsmanship if you leave your starters in when you're getting embarrassed. Why? Why attempt to make the score look acceptable at the expense of not letting other kids play? And playing your starters against another teams backups.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 11-14-17, 08:18 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Im also thinking that Harrison may had been the 3rd best team in the region and Chillicothe the 4th or vice versa.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 11-14-17, 08:27 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,033
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Im also thinking that Harrison may had been the 3rd best team in the region and Chillicothe the 4th or vice versa.
No, Anderson was No. 3 IMO. Maybe Chillicothe.

Harrison was certainly better than Sidney, though. I'm certain of that. La Salle has played a better team in the first round than in the second round in three of the last four seasons and Butler wasn't much worse than Lima in 2015.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 11-14-17, 08:40 PM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 8,438
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
We hold these truths to be self-evident that all teams are created equal, that they are endowed by the Ohio High School Athletic Association with certain rights that among these as the right to have a adjacent open school enrollment , the right to have state wide open school enrollment, the right as a public school to offer free tuition. That's WW can beat Elder, La Salle, and Moeller.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 11-14-17, 08:42 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,033
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
To many pills tonight, LM?
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 11-14-17, 08:54 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
We hold these truths to be self-evident that all teams are created equal, that they are endowed by the Ohio High School Athletic Association with certain rights that among these as the right to have a adjacent open school enrollment , the right to have state wide open school enrollment, the right as a public school to offer free tuition. That's WW can beat Elder, La Salle, and Moeller.
No such thing as "free tuition". Taxpayers pay for all of it. Those paying private school tuition are getting doubled robbed, but it's their choice.
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 11-14-17, 08:57 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
No, Anderson was No. 3 IMO. Maybe Chillicothe.

Harrison was certainly better than Sidney, though. I'm certain of that. La Salle has played a better team in the first round than in the second round in three of the last four seasons and Butler wasn't much worse than Lima in 2015.
Does anybody in the region have anything good coming back? Anderson, Harrison, Sidney, and Chillicothe all lose those dynamic QBs. Sidney and Troy losses those RBs too.
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 11-14-17, 09:01 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 4,626
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Does anybody in the region have anything good coming back? Anderson, Harrison, Sidney, and Chillicothe all lose those dynamic QBs. Sidney and Troy losses those RBs too.
Troy returns a lot including their rb.
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 11-14-17, 09:02 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,033
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Does anybody in the region have anything good coming back? Anderson, Harrison, Sidney, and Chillicothe all lose those dynamic QBs. Sidney and Troy losses those RBs too.
La Salle and Winton Woods
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Old 11-14-17, 09:05 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Troy returns a lot including their rb.
Oh ok. I thought he was a Senior. Is the Troy QB coming back?
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 11-14-17, 09:05 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 4,626
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
As long as WW and Lasalle are in this region, itís going to be very difficult for any other team to win the region. In fact, I would argue Troy had a better chance winning a region when they were d1 region 3 just a few years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 11-14-17, 09:07 PM
TroyTrojan05 TroyTrojan05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-19-11
Posts: 4,626
TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Oh ok. I thought he was a Senior. Is the Troy QB coming back?
No, heís gone. Most of d is back, and most of the offensive playmakers are back. Next year we should go 9-1 or 10-0 and be back in the playoffs. Hopefully we put up a better showing.
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 11-14-17, 09:07 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
As long as WW and Lasalle are in this region, itís going to be very difficult for any other team to win the region. In fact, I would argue Troy had a better chance winning a region when they were d1 region 3 just a few years ago.
It's going to always be a struggle for Winton Woods to make the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 11-14-17, 09:07 PM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 8,438
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
I congratulate WW. Instead of whining and crying about the privates unfair advantage, they go out and do the same better than any other public school in Ohio except Glenville. This is why WW is the state leader in following the example of the privates and beating them at their own policy since they can have the residents of their school district foot the bill of the outsiders
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 11-14-17, 09:14 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
I congratulate WW. Instead of whining and crying about the privates unfair advantage, they go out and do the same better than any other public school in Ohio except Glenville. This is why WW is the state leader in following the example of the privates and beating them at their own policy since they can have the residents of their school district foot the bill of the outsiders
Doesn't matter if kids are at Winton Woods, Reading or Oak Hills, taxpayers are footing the bill. We all are in this mess together or shall I say all our money is in this mess together.
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 11-14-17, 09:18 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
But back to football, I noticed that over the last 4 or so weeks that LaSalle has given some younger kids more minutes. That lil freshman, #28 getting some touches. I noticed a lil wildcat with #24 too.
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 11-14-17, 09:23 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,033
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
But back to football, I noticed that over the last 4 or so weeks that LaSalle has given some younger kids more minutes. That lil freshman, #28 getting some touches. I noticed a lil wildcat with #24 too.
Yep. Theyíre impressive. The kicker/WR is a sophomore as well.
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 11-14-17, 09:23 PM
Lancermania's Avatar
Lancermania Lancermania is offline
Lancers lead the way!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Posts: 8,438
Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
But back to football, I noticed that over the last 4 or so weeks that LaSalle has given some younger kids more minutes. That lil freshman, #28 getting some touches. I noticed a lil wildcat with #24 too.
:You do know #28 was one of yours,right
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 11-14-17, 09:29 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
:You do know #28 was one of yours,right
One of my what???
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 11-14-17, 09:40 PM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,033
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Seriously, are you drunk, Mania?

DMR: he means one of the frosh was a WW kid.
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 11-14-17, 09:49 PM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
I was ready to demand a DNA test. When it comes to #28, Magic; you are not the Father!!
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 11-15-17, 12:23 AM
Man Up Man Up is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-02-11
Posts: 294
Man Up is on a distinguished road
Speaking of the number 28, I’m really surprised that nobody has come for Williams to join their team, considering his talent level hopefully he will remain at WW for the next two years
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 11-15-17, 08:17 AM
TWILLKE TWILLKE is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-17-09
Posts: 850
TWILLKE is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmagicron View Post
you are one of few. Its really asking the almost impossible to beat a team lasalle's caliber twice in a season.
apparently you are the ultimate pessimist when it comes to your team: Earlier in this thread " no one believes we can win except ourselves' and the above:
Note: Enquirer sports beat: Ww to win: By all 4 sports writers.
Give it up: Everybody except a bunch of lancer faithful believe you will win friday. Weven the poll gives you a 3:2 edge.. Are you trying to prepare yourself in case of a stunner wher you actually do lose?
You certainly would not be the president of the optimist club!!!
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 11-15-17, 08:29 AM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,022
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by donmagicron View Post
I was ready to demand a dna test. When it comes to #28, magic; you are not the father!!
lmao
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 11-15-17, 08:30 AM
warriorblue warriorblue is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-19-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,022
warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Up View Post
Speaking of the number 28, Iím really surprised that nobody has come for Williams to join their team, considering his talent level hopefully he will remain at WW for the next two years
He isn't going anywhere
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 11-15-17, 08:46 AM
DonMagicRon DonMagicRon is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-10
Location: God's Country
Posts: 8,080
DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
All I want is Juju McClain back from Fairfield. Come on home son. As far as Freshmen go we have Montez Ware, Mychel Wingfield and Bam Booker. I think our freshman class will be ok.
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 11-15-17, 08:50 AM
Kballer Kballer is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 1,493
Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWILLKE View Post
apparently you are the ultimate pessimist when it comes to your team: Earlier in this thread " no one believes we can win except ourselves' and the above:
Note: Enquirer sports beat: Ww to win: By all 4 sports writers.
Give it up: Everybody except a bunch of lancer faithful believe you will win friday. Weven the poll gives you a 3:2 edge.. Are you trying to prepare yourself in case of a stunner wher you actually do lose?
You certainly would not be the president of the optimist club!!!
Under promise- over deliver. It's refreshing on yappi not to have the grandios "we gonna DESTROY your team- it ain't even close", just roll with it. The parents of WW could use some of DRM humility- they are all over social media not acting like they have been there". Can't blame them- it's a special team and season.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 11-15-17, 10:31 AM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,693
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Winton Woods wins this game 27-14. LaSalle's offense just doesn't have enough to win this game and the defense will again wear down in the 2nd half allowing the Warriors to pull away. I see it being 14-7 at the half, with WW putting up a score each in the 3rd and 4th (with one missed PAT) and LaSalle scoring a late TD to make it closer than it is. The next day Coach Mac interviews for the Moe job.
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 11-15-17, 10:59 AM
TWILLKE TWILLKE is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-17-09
Posts: 850
TWILLKE is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
winton woods wins this game 27-14. Lasalle's offense just doesn't have enough to win this game and the defense will again wear down in the 2nd half allowing the warriors to pull away. I see it being 14-7 at the half, with ww putting up a score each in the 3rd and 4th (with one missed pat) and lasalle scoring a late td to make it closer than it is. The next day coach mac interviews for the moe job.
he need not to interview: The job is his if he wants it. Question is: Does he really want it....i hope not
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Week 12 Sites Announced! hdvhsmgr Football 14 11-06-17 01:46 PM
D2 Region 8 Winton Woods v. Chillicothe mrsimp06 Football 106 11-05-17 07:54 PM
OHSAA Releases First Weekly Football Computer Ratings Yappi Football 6 09-19-17 05:46 PM
2017 Softball Regional Pairings Yappi Softball 22 05-27-17 08:43 PM
2017 OHSAA Baseball Regional Pairings Yappi Baseball 7 05-23-17 10:22 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz