Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins?
La Salle by 17+ 2 2.30%
La Salle by 8-16 3 3.45%
La Salle by 1-7 31 35.63%
Winton Woods by 1-7 17 19.54%
Winton Woods by 8-16 26 29.89%
Winton Woods by 17+ 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-17, 04:59 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingdad3 View Post
Think the Woods offense has gotten any better? They didnt do to much more than the LaSalle offense. Scored 18 pts total which isn't to impressive. Heck 5 of those points were scored on a safety and a field goal when LaSalle fumbled inside their own 10 and held the Woods to a FG. Not exactly sure why the peckers are so confident. Sounds like both offenses need to improve because both defenses are pretty damn good. Which ever offense can make adjustments and not turn the ball over will win. Good old fashion clobber knocker. Speed on speed. Lancers 16 Wood peckers 14.
WW left points off the board last game. WW offense is playing much better than the first meeting!! The Defense is still playing at a HIGH LEVEL!!! That's why we are confident!! This game will be a dog fight til the 4th quarter. Then WW pulls away.
Old 11-11-17, 05:12 PM
All District

wrestlingdad3 is on a distinguished road
LaSalle is pretty confident too. Missed a few wide open receivers in the 1st game, kicking game is playing well and the Lancer D just gave up 7 pts to a team that scored 5 td's versus you a few weeks ago. Lancers are jacked and ready to go. Should be another fantastic game. Lancers find a way to win this time.
Old 11-11-17, 07:28 PM
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double

skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
https://withrow.cps-k12.org/about/history

8000 according to Withrow, there won't be capacity issues.

Current Arial on Bing Maps
https://binged.it/2yTLAM0
Great stadium, beautiful campus.
Old 11-11-17, 08:32 PM
Freshman

warriordude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimp06 View Post
Not trying to be disrespectful but has Lasalle developed a run game since our last meeting week 5?
No

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-17, 08:52 PM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
D II Region 8 Championship: La Salle (10-2) vs Winton Woods (11-1)

added a poll
Old 11-11-17, 09:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weflyhigh513 View Post
Yeah but that is what WW does as a team. Even you said it yourself all year by them playing down to their competition. Its week 13 now, can you finish and play disciplined. My guess is not after the the showing in the first game. Just not disciplined, that is the WW MO.
I don't think it's so much playing down to competition, as it's just WW being able to play and adjust to many different styles. The schedule is as such that WW sees a variety of styles.
Old 11-11-17, 09:27 PM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingdad3 View Post
Think the Woods offense has gotten any better? They didnt do to much more than the LaSalle offense. Scored 18 pts total which isn't to impressive. Heck 5 of those points were scored on a safety and a field goal when LaSalle fumbled inside their own 10 and held the Woods to a FG. Not exactly sure why the peckers are so confident. Sounds like both offenses need to improve because both defenses are pretty damn good. Which ever offense can make adjustments and not turn the ball over will win. Good old fashion clobber knocker. Speed on speed. Lancers 16 Wood peckers 14.
Heck ya the Warriors got better, they have a back that has grown into a monster and a cast of skill players that will be difficult to cover, on top of that the Warriors have 2 highly skilled Dline players that the Lancers did not see.
Old 11-11-17, 10:00 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Technically yes, but it's a huge horseshoe shape. Starts at 1 goal line and wraps all the way around opposite end zone. Seating capacity will not be an issue whatsoever. It's a beautiful facility with beautiful school in background.
If Elder Stadium is a "U" or a horseshoe. Withrow is a "J" I thought they were suppose to have stand on both sides too to host a playoff game.

With Mason hosting D1 and Lakota West hosting D4, that leaves a lot of good HS stadiums open.

Lakota East (basically same stadium as Lakota West)
Hamilton
Princeton
Nippert
Middletown

Would have been really nice to have that new FC Cincinnati Stadium in Oakley to host a game.
Old 11-11-17, 10:06 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Lockland
Old 11-11-17, 10:55 PM
All Region

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
If Elder Stadium is a "U" or a horseshoe. Withrow is a "J" I thought they were suppose to have stand on both sides too to host a playoff game.

With Mason hosting D1 and Lakota West hosting D4, that leaves a lot of good HS stadiums open.

Lakota East (basically same stadium as Lakota West)
Hamilton
Princeton
Nippert
Middletown

Would have been really nice to have that new FC Cincinnati Stadium in Oakley to host a game.
Ok, perhaps a J is more accurate. Withrow's is larger than Hamilton and Princeton I do believe. It will be fine there besides the parking on campus, but large neighborhood bordering the campus.
Old 11-11-17, 11:43 PM
All Ohio

TWILLKE is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Ok, perhaps a J is more accurate. Withrow's is larger than Hamilton and Princeton I do believe. It will be fine there besides the parking on campus, but large neighborhood bordering the campus.
Ok u get the end zone seats. LS GETS THE MIDDLE... stadium is a dumb choice by OHSAA. For a reg final
Old 11-11-17, 11:52 PM
All American

wwwfan is on a distinguished road
Terrible place to watch a football game.
Old 11-12-17, 12:08 AM
All American

Extra Point is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwfan View Post
Terrible place to watch a football game.
Couldn't agree more.....
Old 11-12-17, 01:12 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Point View Post
Couldn't agree more.....
Not a great venue to watch a Regional football game BUT at this point who cares. WW is playing in the Regional Finals again, let's be happy.
Old 11-12-17, 08:27 AM
All Region

IRISH_11 is on a distinguished road
Lancers take this one.
Old 11-12-17, 10:35 AM
All Region

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Can you park in the large neighborhood?
Old 11-12-17, 10:55 AM
This is the year

gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Can you park in the large neighborhood?
To find enough street parking to accommodate that many fans is going to be challenging.
Old 11-12-17, 11:14 AM
All Yappi

Thats a high income neighborhood too. And not a ton of parking on the Withrow campus. I had to watch the WW/Anderson game from home due to a hospitalization and it was very comfortable and nice. If this game is on tv again I may opt to watch it at the Magic compound. I don't like the venue and I feel something fishy that Withrow even was granted it. Things can be shady when dealing with CPS.
Old 11-12-17, 11:35 AM
This is the year

gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Thats a high income neighborhood too. And not a ton of parking on the Withrow campus. I had to watch the WW/Anderson game from home due to a hospitalization and it was very comfortable and nice. If this game is on tv again I may opt to watch it at the Magic compound. I don't like the venue and I feel something fishy that Withrow even was granted it. Things can be shady when dealing with CPS.
I'm surprised that they didn't pick a venue where they could keep the fans of the two programs separated especially where there is such an intense rivalry.
My son lives in that neighborhood and it is hard to find enough street parking for a small party when he has one. On his street it seems that the residents use most of the street parking.
Old 11-12-17, 12:41 PM
All Ohio

Smile

Quote:
spectrum sports ch. 314 if at all ohsaa has not declared on their website

get there very early (5ish) to get a good spot to park and see the game from the endzone. LS should get the 50 since they are the #1 seed still
Old 11-12-17, 12:44 PM
All Ohio

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards View Post
To find enough street parking to accommodate that many fans is going to be challenging.
let's all ride the student bus!!!!!they ALWAYS have the best parking
Old 11-12-17, 12:48 PM
All Region

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
I can't get there by 5 ish to find a parking spot. I may just go watch Wyoming/Massie instead. Was looking forward to going to this one, and I still may. But the parking issue concerns me.
Old 11-12-17, 01:10 PM
All District

Disappointed the OHSAA is taking away such a special experience for the kids and fans. Such a high level fantastic game should be given a high level facility that can accommodate that experience. If as many people don't come as they say due to the venue I feel bad the kids are robbed of a very special experience they all deserve.

How the hell are you gonna divide up the student sections, the band's etc. Winton Woods has a great band and student section and it will suck for whoever has to sit in the endzone so far from the game. The boys deserve to feel the excitement of their OWN bands, fans, student sections.

Bottom line it's a huge game but it possibly will not have a big game feel because of the seating and parking and sadly many will chose to stay home. The kids deserve better.
Old 11-12-17, 01:17 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
WW by 16.......
Old 11-12-17, 01:17 PM
All Yappi

If I go I'm sitting around the 50 no matter what. The ADs from both schools may want to talk to each other and then OHSAA Officials. Princeton and Lockland seem available.
Old 11-12-17, 01:23 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
WW by 16.......
That's means the Warriors would shut out the Lancers because the Warriors aren't going to score more than 16. Points are going to be at a premium on Friday Pope.
Old 11-12-17, 01:26 PM
All District

Quote:
If I go I'm sitting around the 50 no matter what. The ADs from both schools may want to talk to each other and then OHSAA Officials. Princeton and Lockland seem available.
#2 seeds are required to sit in the End zone seating DMR. Fortunately the OHSAA is allowing all WW fans the opportunity to rent binoculars. Lol. JK. This just stinks in my opinion. I say we just play at winton Woods or LaSalle. Screw the OHSAA.
Old 11-12-17, 01:36 PM
All Region

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Ok, people give it a rest, the facilities will be fine. It's plenty large enough. If fans need to be that separated, well that speaks volumes about each school's fan base. I plan on attending, and am willing to bet that it will NOT sell out. People literally b*tch about playoff venues regularly, and it's not an issue. It's bigger than Mason and both X and Colerain travel better than LaSalle and Winton Woods. It will be fine.
Old 11-12-17, 01:52 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Ok, people give it a rest, the facilities will be fine. It's plenty large enough. If fans need to be that separated, well that speaks volumes about each school's fan base. I plan on attending, and am willing to bet that it will NOT sell out. People literally b*tch about playoff venues regularly, and it's not an issue. It's bigger than Mason and both X and Colerain travel better than LaSalle and Winton Woods. It will be fine.
This.
Old 11-12-17, 01:56 PM
All District

Weflyhigh513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No one cares about size moron. The layout of the stands is ridiculous for a region final. But when you come please feel free to sit in the end zone. Behind the track azz hat.