Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-11-17, 10:44 PM
All American

SuperD1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Do you like those rosemary and olive oil fries ? I think they should be thicker.
Itís times like this when I think weíd actually get along.

Yes, I like them.
Yes, they are too thin.
Old 11-11-17, 10:46 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD1 View Post
Itís times like this when I think weíd actually get along.

Yes, I like them.
Yes, they are too thin.
You seem OK for a delusional and entitled cheater with zero sense of fair play
Old 11-11-17, 10:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjewards View Post
whitmer is always on top wake up
at Whitmer being up with with Mentor and Coletrain -

https://dcoughlin.wordpress.com/2012...mmed-by-ohsaa/
Old 11-11-17, 10:47 PM
All District

CJSS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
You make an excellent point. Its you're right concerning football but have you ever wandered why Colerain is so bad in other sports. Because those kids go to St. X, Elder and LaSalle.
I agree to a point, but reality is Colerain is a football school. For whatever reason they never go after top notch coaches for other sports. Back in the day their baseball, softball, girls soccer, track and cross country did well. Football is everything now at Colerain and they start young. These kids come up in a system that is second nature to them when they get to high school. No other Colerain sport does this or can do this because of club sports etc. Colerain is what Oak Hills and others should model themselves after in regards to football. We all see the speed and athleticism the football team has, I blame the AD for not hiring better coaches for track, basketball etc. You canít tell me these kids are only talented on the football field. Itís solid, consistent football coaching from the youth up that gives the football team the advantage.
Old 11-11-17, 10:50 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
It's pretty obvious why Colerain is so good -Little Cards is a catholic run organization and not a public school organization
Old 11-11-17, 10:52 PM
All American

Quote:
You seem OK for a delusional and entitled cheater with zero sense of fair play

Itís not cheating. God just likes private school football teams better.
Old 11-11-17, 10:56 PM
All Ohio

Tardis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSS View Post
Colerain would be foolish to say anything because they do the EXACT same thing. Follow the #19 metro and see all the Cardinal football helmets boarding and unboarding at Hawaiian Ter, Knowltons Corner and Government Sq. Then you have the Skyline Acres kids on the Mt. Healthy side and the Steel Sub kids. That is a big reason why many of those young men leave Colerain. In all honesty, if i was a wide receiver playing for the Little Cards, Iíd be looking for a different high school to play at.

That's a bold face lie on it's own right and made even more obvious by the fact that no one brings a helmet home, it stays at the school.

Say what you really mean because it's obvious by that statement what you mean. Colerain gets "those" kids and St. X and Lasalle get the "good" kids from the area. Colerain gets the "fast" kids and the privates get the "smart" kids.

It's a shame how a few supporters can sour a rivalry and relationship in which the kids, coaches, and the vast majority of the communities cherish and respect each other.
Old 11-11-17, 10:59 PM
All Ohio

Tardis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
It's pretty obvious why Colerain is so good -Little Cards is a catholic run organization and not a public school organization

From Little Cards team 3 kids started at Lasalle, 3 at Northwest and I was the only one for Colerain. Little Cards as the key to Colerain's success is a myth It started as a Catholic team (K of C) and only changed the name to attract more kids. It has no connection to the middle school and high school and if you think you can teach a 10 year old the option then you have never coached an elementary age football.
Old 11-11-17, 11:00 PM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardis View Post
That's a bold face lie on it's own right and made even more obvious by the fact that no one brings a helmet home, it stays at the school.

Say what you really mean because it's obvious by that statement what you mean. Colerain gets "those" kids and St. X and Lasalle get the "good" kids from the area. Colerain gets the "fast" kids and the privates get the "smart" kids.

It's a shame how a few supporters can sour a rivalry and relationship in which the kids, coaches, and the vast majority of the communities cherish and respect each other.

They are too scared to say what they mean. They want to hide behind their screen names and pseudo values they are taught.

This Tardis guy gets it.

-CardinalsFan
Old 11-11-17, 11:02 PM
Varsity

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSS View Post
I agree to a point, but reality is Colerain is a football school. For whatever reason they never go after top notch coaches for other sports. Back in the day their baseball, softball, girls soccer, track and cross country did well. Football is everything now at Colerain and they start young. These kids come up in a system that is second nature to them when they get to high school. No other Colerain sport does this or can do this because of club sports etc. Colerain is what Oak Hills and others should model themselves after in regards to football. We all see the speed and athleticism the football team has, I blame the AD for not hiring better coaches for track, basketball etc. You canít tell me these kids are only talented on the football field. Itís solid, consistent football coaching from the youth up that gives the football team the advantage.
Funny that you think Little Cards is the reason. They get the meat and potatoes from that crew...but many Johnnys and Joes that never play a down for Little Cards. They attract and keep players because they have been awesome for decades. Never have taken a step back. Embarrassing that not one GMC school has beaten them for so long.

Good job Colerain!
Old 11-11-17, 11:02 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

I know. I'm just jealous
Old 11-11-17, 11:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Yep...just figured out what the "D" in your ID means.

-CardinalsFan
Old 11-11-17, 11:05 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
From Little Cards team 3 kids started at Lasalle, 3 at Northwest and I was the only one for Colerain. Little Cards as the key to Colerain's success is a myth It started as a Catholic team (K of C) and only changed the name to attract more kids. It has no connection to the middle school and high school and if you think you can teach a 10 year old the option then you have never coached an elementary age football.
Uh oh, have coached 10 yr olds to run the option, not only that, but coached at a public grade school where we ran the option.
btw, did you miss the smilie, wasn't being serious.
Old 11-11-17, 11:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post

-CardinalsFan
I suspect he is the same guy behind the old JoeMontana username. He is to be taken with a grain of salt.
Old 11-11-17, 11:29 PM
All District

Quote:

Re-read my post Corky! Donít play the victim and try to twist what I said. Take note to where I said ďin regards to footballĒ! This is a sports forum, not the National Honor Society discussion group. Never made reference to ďbadĒ, ďgoodĒ or ďsmartĒ kids. Thatís your racist, ignorant insertion because I struck a nerve with you! If you go back through the years, I have always supported the Cards outside of 1 game the past few years and donated PLENTY of money supporting the schools athletics and academic clubs. As far as the kids and the football program being second nature when they get to high school, itís absolutely true. These kids are raised to win from the youth up. They play hard nose, run first football and watch the big guys on Friday nights. Not one bit of venom in any of what I said in my post. I guess you must be the basketball coach to get triggered the way you did. And yes, football helmets come home often especially during summer condition. Believe me, I know for fact!! So nice try, but you just broke Yappi with the most ignorant post of the year.
Old 11-11-17, 11:30 PM
All American

Quote:

-CardinalsFan
What would that be?
Old 11-11-17, 11:41 PM
All American

Quote:
I suspect he is the same guy behind the old JoeMontana username. He is to be taken with a grain of salt.
I havenít heard that in a while.

The purpose of changing an anonymous handle and in turn relaying similar sentiments would be?

Grain of salt.
Please, the most interesting thing youíve ever posted was about Smash fries.
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
Funny that you think Little Cards is the reason. They get the meat and potatoes from that crew...but many Johnnys and Joes that never play a down for Little Cards. They attract and keep players because they have been awesome for decades. Never have taken a step back. Embarrassing that not one GMC school has beaten them for so long.

Good job Colerain!
I donít think itís funny at all!! I think I‎t is a great compliment to the program and shows a model that other schools should follow. Obviously not all the kids came up through the Little Cards that play on Friday nights. But thank you for proving my point that kids come from all over to play at Colerain. The school of great football, great co-op through the young business professionals program, pre-nursing program through Butler Tech, Yearly National Honor Society members and much much more! Gotta be careful not to trigger a certain tool shed on this thread.
All Yappi

Quote:
What would that be?
Not appropriate for the board.

-CardinalsFan
Old 11-11-17, 11:44 PM
All American

Quote:
Not appropriate for the board.

-CardinalsFan
Am I allowed to guess?
Old 11-12-17, 12:02 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I havenít heard that in a while.

The purpose of changing an anonymous handle and in turn relaying similar sentiments would be?

Grain of salt.
Please, the most interesting thing youíve ever posted was about Smash fries.
I sure had fun tormenting you before, during, and after the Mentor/St Ed regional semis in 2012. You really flipped out
Old 11-12-17, 12:08 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Am I allowed to guess?
You are more than welcome to send me a PM guessing what you think, I think the D in your user name stands for!

-CardinalsFan
Old 11-12-17, 12:10 AM
All American

Quote:
I sure had fun tormenting you before, during, and after the Mentor/St Ed regional semis in 2012. You really flipped out
Yes, Finotti’s handling of that game was beyond infuriating. It matters when it’s your kid. I’m still pissed about it.
That being said he has his ring.
Old 11-12-17, 12:12 AM
All American

Quote:
You are more than welcome to send me a PM guessing what you think, I think the D in your user name stands for!

-CardinalsFan
My god, youíre so basic.
Old 11-12-17, 12:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
My god, youíre so basic.
I don't even know what that means!!!

-CardinalsFan
Old 11-12-17, 12:56 AM
All Region

James x2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjewards View Post
Toledo st johns d1
Toledo central catholic d2
they have beaten these teams
one of those isn't D-1.The other isn't on par with the power 5.Basketball sometimes but not the same football prowess .I was rooting Whitmer on when they lost to Moeller.Dont get to see or hear much about them being up in the northwest.Rooting for them Friday.

Last edited by James x2; 11-12-17 at 01:04 AM. Reason: add to post
Old 11-12-17, 01:08 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
They also get other top kids from other little league organizations, like Hiltop.
Old 11-12-17, 01:15 AM
All Region

James x2 is on a distinguished road
thats not what im refering to

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold View Post
Whitmer lost to Ignatius in the state semifinals in 1988 and 2011
Whitmer beat Mentor in the state semifinals in 2012
They don't have to deal with those schools to just win a regional.Like Colerain & Mentor.Mentor will have to beat Ed's and Iggy just to get to a semi.
Old 11-12-17, 01:47 AM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
I'm a Whitmer guy. But in most years Whitmer has not had to go through Eds or Iggy or in Colerain's case X, Moe, Elder.

Still, the question of why they are successful begs. And Whitmer is a district very similar to Colerain's.
Old 11-12-17, 07:56 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yes, Finottiís handling of that game was beyond infuriating. It matters when itís your kid. Iím still pissed about it.
That being said he has his ring.
And you paid for it, fair and square. Good selection.