Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who You Got?
Steubenville by 1-7 8 8.99%
Steubenville by 10-14 41 46.07%
Steubenville by 21+ 14 15.73%
Perry by 1-7 16 17.98%
Perry by 10-14 5 5.62%
Perry by 21+ 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-17, 04:11 PM
All American

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Reason I say big red big is because Perry hasn't played one team this season to prepare them for a game like this. Perry should have beefed up the schedule realizing this could be a special year. Steubenville has also had a much tougher playoff path to this game.
Old 11-12-17, 04:18 PM
Freshman

bigbird999 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Reason I say big red big is because Perry hasn't played one team this season to prepare them for a game like this. Perry should have beefed up the schedule realizing this could be a special year. Steubenville has also had a much tougher playoff path to this game.

Understandable, it kind of depends on how strong the league is year over year. Perry is stuck in the league they play on so if it's down, not much to be done there. Also Madison and Riverside are cross town rivals that Perry is locked into playing. East Palestine would have been the only one to "beef" up. They played Brush the past two years so maybe they will schedule another bigger school in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-17, 05:26 PM
All Region

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird999 View Post
Steubenville is a great team so I would say that's true. It seems they have been a bit run heavy in the past, is that the case this year or did they also develop a passing game? That being said if you don't need to run the ball then more power to you.

I️ think it seems we are run heavy because our running game has been so good. But we are at our best when we have pass/run numbers about even. Do a nice job of mixing it up.
Old 11-12-17, 06:27 PM
Freshman

bigbird999 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
I️ think it seems we are run heavy because our running game has been so good. But we are at our best when we have pass/run numbers about even. Do a nice job of mixing it up.

Thanks Crimson. Yeah no need to pass if you can pound the ball.

Old 11-12-17, 06:55 PM
All District

ICBM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster View Post
Does Perry have a running game to compliment their passing?
From the Girard game I was at, they are ok. They have a big back, a quick back and a big freshman who can play anywhere on the field. But they really didnít need it. Itís good enough to force you to stop it and end up one on one with a great QB and big fast wideouts who make plays. But Iím sure theyíll see stronger pressure this week. Theyíre bread and butter is getting good matchups and putting up to let the kids make plays. Not sure it will be enough this week.
Old 11-12-17, 10:09 PM
Junior Varsity

buno67 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster View Post
Does Perry have a running game to compliment their passing?
I would say yeah. Like another poster said, there three backs are versatile. The big back always plays some TE. The small back is a dangerous slot/wing and a stud freshmen who lines up all over the field. I think if they wanted to just line up and run the ball they would but with the talent they have at QB and the talent of their other WRs, they dont have to be focused on running the ball.
Old 11-12-17, 10:35 PM
All Region

ferflog is on a distinguished road
So what you seem to be saying, bruno67, and I don't want to put words in your mouth, is that defensive line play will be crucial for the Big Red. I thought the defensive line was one major key to the Mooney victory, so I think we at least have a fighting chance against this mighty Perry juggernaut.

ROLL RED ROLL!!!
Old 11-13-17, 02:32 AM
All District

erdna is on a distinguished road
Don't think one off season of "hard work" will fix what Perry is up against. Big Red's motto is "stay ready so you don't have to get ready". Sometimes it's better to let sleeping dogs lay. Perry's coaches mouth did them no favors, I believe they'll find this out quickly Friday night.
Old 11-13-17, 08:46 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Big Red 51-27
Old 11-13-17, 09:34 AM
All Region

ferflog is on a distinguished road
East Y:

That was last year!! LOL!!! But we'll take it. Hope to see you guys in the playoffs again in 2018.
Old 11-13-17, 09:46 AM
Freshman

endZone is on a distinguished road
Cal Preps = Big Red by 9
Drew Pastuer = Big Red by 11
Old 11-13-17, 09:51 AM
Freshman

Lakindo is on a distinguished road
Big Red wins provided they don't lose their cool and start getting flagged for personal fouls. And no more turnovers in the red zone
Old 11-13-17, 10:44 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferflog View Post
East Y:

That was last year!! LOL!!! But we'll take it. Hope to see you guys in the playoffs again in 2018.
I know

That's why I went with it.

Both teams can score and Perry will make a run at some point, but Big Red will make fewer mistakes.
Old 11-13-17, 10:45 AM
All District

Cannoli137 is on a distinguished road
Watching highlights of Perry’s previous 2 playoff games, they were able to control the line of scrimmage, which limited the pressure on the Qb. BR will be able to bring a lot more pressure then Perry is accustomed too seeing, with the different blitz packages they use.
BR has shown they are able to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, so far this season, no matter how big the opponents are. Don’t see this being any different in this game.
Old 11-13-17, 03:03 PM
Freshman

BigRedFan is on a distinguished road
Look, Big Red is probably the best team in the State of Ohio. We are ready and we are going to raise the D4 gold crown. Plus we beat a real good Mooney team. We them boyz RRR. big red 66 Perry 0

Last edited by BigRedFan; 11-13-17 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-13-17, 04:45 PM
All District

TBone 22 is on a distinguished road
LOL GRRRRR. Perry you shouldn't even show up for the game!!!! LOL. Bigger, Stronger, Faster!! LOL. Just stay Home Perry. Just Stay Home!!
Old 11-13-17, 05:49 PM
All Region

valuska is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedFan View Post
Look, Big Red is probably the best team in the State of Ohio. We are ready and we are going to raise the D4 gold crown. Plus we beat a real good Mooney team. We them boyz RRR. big red 66 Perry 0
I'm also a Big Red fan but....the best team in Ohio?? Take a deep breath...they have a great team but until they win a championship your claim is over the top.
Old 11-13-17, 05:53 PM
Freshman

Red Ride is on a distinguished road
Steubenville might get caught up in the euphoria of having beaten Mooney. I'd be very cautious about getting carried away with huge margins of victory. At this point in the playoffs, you start to see parity and a missed play or a bad break or a loss of cool and you have a very tight game. It happened a few years ago against Dover.............the momentum shifted and Dover beat a very talented Steubenville squad. Lets not count a crown til earned. Stranger things have happened.
Old 11-13-17, 06:20 PM
All District

ICBM is on a distinguished road
A little comparison scoring just for fun

Girard loses to Perry by 29
Lakeview loses to Girard by 2
Poland loses to Lakeview by 5
That makes Perry 36 better than Poland, in theory. Sort of. Not really.
Then..
Poland loses to Mooney by 6
Mooney loses to Big Red by 5
That’s a 9 point difference in comparison scores.
36-9=Perry by 25 over Big Red.
Just something to think about. There isn’t that big of a disparity between Mooney and The bottom 6 in the region. But Parry toyed with Girard and dominated.
Old 11-13-17, 06:35 PM
All District

Hawkcaulker9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Wow I guess some people never learn, early anointing has gotten you an 0-2 record in D4 championship games. But thatís ok you do you, at least you donít have to worry about Hartley this year!!
Old 11-13-17, 07:16 PM
Varsity

Hazardous Whippet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If you make it past this round we'll just have to see about that.

Sincerely,
Shelby
Old 11-13-17, 07:41 PM
Varsity

Comets111 is on a distinguished road
lol Big Red really havent played anyone that good either this year will be a very high scoring game, would be nice to see perry win
Old 11-13-17, 07:50 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferflog View Post
So what you seem to be saying, bruno67, and I don't want to put words in your mouth, is that defensive line play will be crucial for the Big Red. I thought the defensive line was one major key to the Mooney victory, so I think we at least have a fighting chance against this mighty Perry juggernaut.

ROLL RED ROLL!!!
What i said was nothing about defensive line play. Someone asked about their run game, I described their three backs and talked about how they have talent to run ball if they wanted too but with the QB they have and the weapons on the outside they like to throw it around more so than run the ball.
Old 11-13-17, 07:51 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazardous Whippet View Post
If you make it past this round we'll just have to see about that.

Sincerely,
Shelby
We'll be ready we gon repeat history for the Big Red
Old 11-13-17, 07:54 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comets111 View Post
lol Big Red really havent played anyone that good either this year will be a very high scoring game, would be nice to see perry win
Sure we have we had the best schedule in Division IV. We played Dover, New Philadelphia, Canada team, Upper St Clair, Tonawanda O'Hara, Morgantown, Boardman and Youngstown Ursuline those were monster teams. Big Red will be ready yeahh buddy
Old 11-13-17, 08:06 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Sure we have we had the best schedule in Division IV. We played Dover, New Philadelphia, Canada team, Upper St Clair, Tonawanda O'Hara, Morgantown, Boardman and Youngstown Ursuline those were monster teams. Big Red will be ready yeahh buddy
Some of those were monster teams others were complete duds of teams

Also, how do they get 8 home games and only 2 road games...
Old 11-13-17, 08:16 PM
Freshman

Dean Martin is on a distinguished road
BigRedFan seems to be stirring the pot looking for suckers to respond. Really, I doubt he is a Steubenville Fan, This fool hides behind a keyboard and trying to provoke others, at least the Perry coach runs his mouth in public
Old 11-13-17, 08:23 PM
All Ohio

Reddengineer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buno67 View Post
Some of those were monster teams others were complete duds of teams

Also, how do they get 8 home games and only 2 road games...
Money talks . . . .
Old 11-13-17, 08:42 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Martin View Post
BigRedFan seems to be stirring the pot looking for suckers to respond. Really, I doubt he is a Steubenville Fan, This fool hides behind a keyboard and trying to provoke others, at least the Perry coach runs his mouth in public
What did perryís Coach say that is considered running his mouth? All the press I have read was about how meeting up with BigRed was there season when they found out they were in the same region. Also think Rosati doesnít like bigred because they have ruined two season for his most talented teams. I think it was in 08 that Perry lost to them @ WGH by the hands of Bronco. Until last year that was the programs most talented team. Than last year, again that became the programs most talented team, and now this years team that is even Ira talented has to face bigred. I donít know if it could be considered running his mouth or him just showing that much respect that this whole season was devoted to beating bigred
Old 11-13-17, 08:47 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddengineer View Post
Money talks . . . .
When was the last time they ever had a split of home and away games (5-5)?