Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Cardinals VS Bombers Region 4 Final
Colerain wins by 21ish and feasts on the Bombers 2 2.38%
Colerain Wins by 10 or Less 37 44.05%
Colerain squeeks out an OT win 8 9.52%
Bombers win by 21ish and feasts on roasted Cardinals 2 2.38%
Bombers win by 10 or less 30 35.71%
Bombers squeek out an OT win 5 5.95%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-13-17, 03:37 PM
CardinalsFan's Avatar
CardinalsFan CardinalsFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-15-01
Location: 8801 Cheviot Road
Posts: 10,242
CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L Hand View Post
Of course, if you want to agree that every single kid at every school is "recruited" meaning they make a choice to attend that school, then I will agree with you. Some may have more options than others. Some may not even realize they have options they don't take advantage of.

But every single one makes a choice to walk through that door.
100% agree. That's all I've EVER said. Not ONCE have I ever talked about legal/illegal recruiting. Quite frankly, that is completely outside the scope of my argument. I honestly don't care HOW a kid gets from Oak Hills to St. Xavier...the fact is he COULD go there, but couldn't go to Colerain. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Hand View Post
I can't tell you how SICK and TIRED I am of the bellyaching from a guy who cheers for a school that has DOMINATED every single other school in their own league for 20 - 30 years about how "unfair" life is for his team. You don't seem to care very much about the "unfair" advantages that Colerain has over EVERY. SINGLE. OTHER. SCHOOL. IN. THE. GMC.
There isn't a single advantage that Colerain has over any other school in the GMC that is dictated by the RULES. Let me say that again....there isn't a single thing that Colerain has, does or is that any of the other schools in the GMC couldn't have, do, or be if they wanted to based on the rules.

Don't want to hijack the thread. Last I'm speaking on it in this thread.

Thanks,
-CardinalsFan
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-13-17, 03:45 PM
cincifbfan cincifbfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-20-15
Posts: 337
cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
100% agree. That's all I've EVER said. Not ONCE have I ever talked about legal/illegal recruiting. Quite frankly, that is completely outside the scope of my argument. I honestly don't care HOW a kid gets from Oak Hills to St. Xavier...the fact is he COULD go there, but couldn't go to Colerain. Period.


There isn't a single advantage that Colerain has over any other school in the GMC that is dictated by the RULES. Let me say that again....there isn't a single thing that Colerain has, does or is that any of the other schools in the GMC couldn't have, do, or be if they wanted to based on the rules.

Don't want to hijack the thread. Last I'm speaking on it in this thread.

Thanks,
-CardinalsFan
Agree, unless the weight room has been updated recently, their training facilities are behind about every other school in the conference.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-13-17, 04:26 PM
CardinalsFan's Avatar
CardinalsFan CardinalsFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-15-01
Location: 8801 Cheviot Road
Posts: 10,242
CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Agree, unless the weight room has been updated recently, their training facilities are behind about every other school in the conference.
NO...the weight room is...not great. If people saw what Colerain had to work with in regards to the weight room, they'd be shocked! There have been some very kind people/business that have tried over the years to keep the room somewhat up-to-date with donations, but...

Part of the mystique of Colerain football, I guess.

-CardinalsFan
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-13-17, 04:27 PM
NYCBlue NYCBlue is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-06-02
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 3,025
NYCBlue
Jesus Loves St Xavier Football

Bombers by 8 on Friday


JC will take care of the weather & the Mason PD


JC says bet your weekly Sunday church donation on St X!


Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-13-17, 04:32 PM
L Hand L Hand is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-13-05
Posts: 3,099
L Hand is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
100% agree.
If you agree that every kid is "recruited" to every school (public or private), then why do you bring it up? Either you didn't read what I said or you really make no sense at all. Which is it?

I am assuming you didn't understand what I meant when I said every kid is recruited to every school. Assuming that is the case, let's see if you can understand this.

The only advantage privates have over non-open enrollment public schools as to ACTUALLY GETTING KIDS in the door (not what happens once they are there) as far as recruiting goes is that for non-open enrollment public schools, a kid that wants to go there but isn't currently living in the district has to move to the district to go there. Of course, some do, some don't. For open enrollment public, they may have to pay. Given that almost every kid at a private school does have to pay to go there, it is hard to call that an advantage isn't it?

More importantly, as it applies to Colerain, you (or at least most everyone else on this board whose head isn't shoved up his behind) would be hard pressed to argue that over the last 10 - 20 years, TALENT-WISE, Colerain has been at a significant disadvantage to X, Moeller, LaSalle or Elder. Frankly, most years, I think they have had as much or not more, but let's not quibble.

What is funny about your ridiculous "recruit" argument is that where I personally believe most privates excel (at least in Cincy at the D1 level vis-ŗ-vis Colerain) is not in getting talent, but in what they are able to do with it.

Quote:
There isn't a single advantage that Colerain has over any other school in the GMC that is dictated by the RULES. Let me say that again....there isn't a single thing that Colerain has, does or is that any of the other schools in the GMC couldn't have, do, or be if they wanted to based on the rules.
BS. Colerain has a demographic advantage over practically every other school in the GMC which is why they have more talent and win on a year in year out basis in the GMC. They also are pretty good about knowing what to do with it both before and after those boys start walking the halls at Colerain High School.

As I have said before, you love to whine about the disadvantages that poor Colerain has to X, Moe and other privates while utterly failing to acknowledge the advantages Colerain has over practically every other school in the city.

For some reason, X being able to draw from all over the city (but requiring almost all of its football players to pay for that privilege) is an UNFAIR advantage over Colerain, but Colerain being able to pull from a demographic that year in and year out produces significantly more talent than all of its conference counterparts is a FAIR advantage. Hmmm....

Finally, I love how you closed the TROLL thread you started because of the trolls. LOL!!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-13-17, 04:48 PM
HTFF HTFF is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Posts: 2,667
HTFF is on a distinguished road
He closed it cause he knew we were right
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-13-17, 04:48 PM
Colerain Fan Colerain Fan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-09
Posts: 219
Colerain Fan is on a distinguished road
Soooooo....... CardinalsFan and L Hand have a mutually respectable, but difference of opinion... LOL.... Let's move on from here and get back to a positive game discussion.

I'm starting to feel like this game has been played so many times, there really isn't much to discuss.

For Colerain to win this thing, they have got to take care of the football. They cannot come out like the Moeller game and drop the football on the second play of the game and give X short fields to work with.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-13-17, 04:50 PM
Colerain Fan Colerain Fan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-01-09
Posts: 219
Colerain Fan is on a distinguished road
Tofer are you out there?

Can you add anything constructive to this thread?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-13-17, 05:02 PM
lancerAlumni16 lancerAlumni16 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-13-16
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 84
lancerAlumni16 is on a distinguished road
Hopefully the Bombers pick up another win on the Cards! #GCL
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-13-17, 05:40 PM
HTFF HTFF is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Posts: 2,667
HTFF is on a distinguished road
If and it's a big if. X is given time they will be able to throw against Colerain. And you are right. Putting the ball on the ground against Moe was no big deal. Completely different story against X
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-13-17, 05:51 PM
L Hand L Hand is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-13-05
Posts: 3,099
L Hand is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colerain Fan View Post
Soooooo....... CardinalsFan and L Hand have a mutually respectable, but difference of opinion... LOL.... Let's move on from here and get back to a positive game discussion.

I'm starting to feel like this game has been played so many times, there really isn't much to discuss.

For Colerain to win this thing, they have got to take care of the football. They cannot come out like the Moeller game and drop the football on the second play of the game and give X short fields to work with.
Certainly, back in the old days, X's keys to winning this game were to cause turnovers and not give up many (any?) huge run plays. A big pass play here or there is always possible given the way Colerain plays, but one or two of those isn't as bad as getting gashed when Colerain is playing their bread and butter option.

Of course, X almost always had a single D-tackle or D-end that was more or less unblockable. Not sure we have that this year. Also think some of those old X teams were a little faster sideline to sideline than this one is.

On the flipside, not sure Colerain has the talent in the backfield and on the offensive line that some of those past Colerain teams did.

As far as X's offense vs. Colerain's defense, that is different as well. X simply can't line up and move almost anyone's defensive line off the ball. Instead, we will have to have a really good night from Chase and the receivers (all as good or better than we had in those days) and enough good blocking and running to make us a little less than 1 dimensional.

I like Colerain's chances in this one particularly if the weather is bad. But X has at least a fighting shot.

Looks like most Yappsters agree with me - Colerain currently a favorite 60% - 40% in the poll.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-13-17, 06:00 PM
GLAT's Avatar
GLAT GLAT is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: 09-19-01
Location: WE ARE... PENN STATE!!
Posts: 6,517
GLAT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GLAT
If people donít think X has a huge advantage over Colerain and other publics than you are nuts. I live in Mason and see X signs in yards, cars etc....donít see any Colerain yard signs in Mason. Still looking for that X attendance map. But public school coaches and players understand this.

Also Lakota West, FF and other publics send plenty of kids to big time colleges...the problem is coaching and attitude. Colerain does more with less than most GMC schools, it is truly amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-13-17, 06:07 PM
BASESWIMPARENT BASESWIMPARENT is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-21-16
Posts: 116
BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
They aren't allegations, they are facts. Every single kid walking the halls at a privately funded institution is recruited. Every. Single. One.

I'm sorry, are we just going to tiptoe around the facts that the rules by which privates and publics are sourced with students are completely different and therefore, it does, in fact create a non-level, or "unfair", playing field?

I would be fine if your kind would just admit that it isn't fair and that private schools have a clear advantage so we could all just move on with our lives. But this incessant need to defend a false narrative drives me absolutely nuts!

But I digress...I closed that thread because the nature of the conversation went way over most posters' heads. I get that now. Not sure what I was expecting when involving GCL posters. The best thread this entire football season is the 2017 GMC Football thread for a reason...

Back to the game...did you have any insight to add to the upcoming contest 4GX or did you just come in here to rattle chains?

-CardinalsFan
YOU ARE WRONG. NO KIDS ARE RECRUITED BY PRIVATE SCHOOLS TO PLAY SPORTS. IT DOES NOT HAPPEN. AT X YOU HAVE TO GET A VERY HIGH SCORE ON A STANDARDIZED TEST TO GET IN. BECAUSE THER ARE NO GIMME CLASSES. NOT ONE. WHAT CAN YOU NOT GET THROUGH YOUR MIND. This is a shallow narrative that does not speak to the reason why in many ways less talented private school players continue to beat more talented public school teams. There are many states that have set up and it turns into a 2 tier system where nobody cares about the public school champion. If you want to go there, let's do it. If not, figure out what Mancuso used to do and win the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-13-17, 07:28 PM
CoolX CoolX is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-03-06
Location: Cincinnati East
Posts: 238
CoolX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLAT View Post
If people donít think X has a huge advantage over Colerain and other publics than you are nuts. I live in Mason and see X signs in yards, cars etc....donít see any Colerain yard signs in Mason. Still looking for that X attendance map. But public school coaches and players understand this.

Also Lakota West, FF and other publics send plenty of kids to big time colleges...the problem is coaching and attitude. Colerain does more with less than most GMC schools, it is truly amazing.
What I am reading from your post is that Mason and Colerain have a huge advantage over X.

Mason and Colerain do not have to put up any signs at all and look at all the students they get! And, the kids get to go there for free!

X has to schelp all over the city (the signs are not just in Mason - ask any public school fan) to find students. Then, they have to convince them to spend $14,000 to go there.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-13-17, 07:32 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 21,436
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Well it looks like the Colerain/X game will be broadcast LIVE on Spectrum sports in SWO:

http://ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournaments/...um-Livestreams

So I'm staying home and watching this game in the X fashion: lots of cold beer!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-13-17, 07:32 PM
HTFF HTFF is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Posts: 2,667
HTFF is on a distinguished road
Qb= X
Passing game =X
Running game = Colerain
Defense=Draw
Depth=X. Cards have players going both ways
Coaching=X
Psychological advantage=X
Games goes to X

Last edited by HTFF; 11-13-17 at 08:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-13-17, 11:42 PM
ReLoad ReLoad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-23-09
Posts: 4,548
ReLoad is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you have any idea how many stud football players StX has turned away because they didn't meet the academic standards?

Talk about handcuffing yourself
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-14-17, 05:19 AM
BobcatBomber BobcatBomber is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-21-05
Location: Dedicated to GB Reform
Posts: 14,667
BobcatBomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Catholics destroy the Convicts.

X by 3 touchdowns.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-14-17, 07:52 AM
BobcatBomber BobcatBomber is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-21-05
Location: Dedicated to GB Reform
Posts: 14,667
BobcatBomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
They aren't allegations, they are facts. Every single kid walking the halls at a privately funded institution is recruited. Every. Single. One.

I'm sorry, are we just going to tiptoe around the facts that the rules by which privates and publics are sourced with students are completely different and therefore, it does, in fact create a non-level, or "unfair", playing field?

I would be fine if your kind would just admit that it isn't fair and that private schools have a clear advantage so we could all just move on with our lives. But this incessant need to defend a false narrative drives me absolutely nuts!

But I digress...I closed that thread because the nature of the conversation went way over most posters' heads. I get that now. Not sure what I was expecting when involving GCL posters. The best thread this entire football season is the 2017 GMC Football thread for a reason...

Back to the game...did you have any insight to add to the upcoming contest 4GX or did you just come in here to rattle chains?

-CardinalsFan

Wait, wait wait...just saw this gem of a post...

Recruited? At X, yes, for academics. I'm not sure how you continue to forget that X is one of the only schools (if not THE only) that administers entrance exams. Operative word being "entrance". Not placement exams. Yes, you have to score well on a test to gain admission. That alone would probably rule out 3/4 of the Colerain football team from ever attending such a fine, college-prep institution.

Yep, X recruits. They pull some of the brightest minds from the tri-state into one building.

Do you want to talk about Colerain pulling from the largest twp in the state and STILL needing to manipulate the system to get some kids eligible to play there?


**sorry for being late to the party. If this has already been discussed, CF's post was one of the first laughable ones I ran across and had to respond**
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-14-17, 07:55 AM
BobcatBomber BobcatBomber is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-21-05
Location: Dedicated to GB Reform
Posts: 14,667
BobcatBomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolX View Post
What I am reading from your post is that Mason and Colerain have a huge advantage over X.

Mason and Colerain do not have to put up any signs at all and look at all the students they get! And, the kids get to go there for free!

X has to schelp all over the city (the signs are not just in Mason - ask any public school fan) to find students. Then, they have to convince them to spend $14,000 to go there.
There are school feels under $100, and play to play is $100 per sport (3rd sport and beyond are free).

I do my part by voting NO on all school levies so parents aren't forking out more tax money and can afford this financial burden.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 11-14-17, 08:03 AM
CardinalsFan's Avatar
CardinalsFan CardinalsFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-15-01
Location: 8801 Cheviot Road
Posts: 10,242
CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Still trying to find where I said X recruits athletes.

You people just read whatever you want into stuff, don't you? You put your X blinders on and make whatever you read fit your narrative.

-CardinalsFan
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-14-17, 08:25 AM
HTFF HTFF is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Posts: 2,667
HTFF is on a distinguished road
Then come out and say the privates Do Not Recruit Athletes

Just post that and we'll all move on. Easy as that
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-14-17, 08:47 AM
BobcatBomber BobcatBomber is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-21-05
Location: Dedicated to GB Reform
Posts: 14,667
BobcatBomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
Still trying to find where I said X recruits athletes.

You people just read whatever you want into stuff, don't you? You put your X blinders on and make whatever you read fit your narrative.

-CardinalsFan
Um...it's simple logic:

You said every single student (Every. Single. One.) is recruited by private schools. Since athletes are students, it's a basic If/Then conclusion. IF every student is recruited, THEN athletes are recruited.

Are you talking about academics when you speak of this "unfair playing field"? Seems a weird spot to focus on just that in a regional football game thread.

You're trying to hide behind your words, but the logic is what sinks you.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-14-17, 08:55 AM
HTFF HTFF is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-23-04
Posts: 2,667
HTFF is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobcatBomber View Post
Um...it's simple logic:

You said every single student (Every. Single. One.) is recruited by private schools. Since athletes are students, it's a basic If/Then conclusion. IF every student is recruited, THEN athletes are recruited.

Are you talking about academics when you speak of this "unfair playing field"? Seems a weird spot to focus on just that in a regional football game thread.

You're trying to hide behind your words, but the logic is what sinks you.
Your post is spot on. I've given him a chance to set it straight as above
We'll see
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-14-17, 09:02 AM
gocards's Avatar
gocards gocards is offline
This is the year
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Support the NW Schools
Posts: 15,517
gocards is on a distinguished road
Is there any chance that this discussion can get back to football which I assume was the original intent?
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-14-17, 09:04 AM
BobcatBomber BobcatBomber is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-21-05
Location: Dedicated to GB Reform
Posts: 14,667
BobcatBomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLAT View Post
If people donít think X has a huge advantage over Colerain and other publics than you are nuts. I live in Mason and see X signs in yards, cars etc....donít see any Colerain yard signs in Mason. Still looking for that X attendance map. But public school coaches and players understand this.
They are looking for the brightest young minds in the tri-state, not the biggest, fastest athlete. But this "recruiting" you speak of is at least on the up-and-up and not done through address falsification or providing family with a school position so the kid can skirt the township restrictions.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-14-17, 09:07 AM
BobcatBomber BobcatBomber is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-21-05
Location: Dedicated to GB Reform
Posts: 14,667
BobcatBomber is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards View Post
Is there any chance that this discussion can get back to football which I assume was the original intent?
Yes! Can you (or anyone else) tell me why regional games are no longer played at Nippert? Is it rising cost of facility rental, or lack of draw from schools like back in the day when Colerain-Elder/Moeller-X double header nearly filled PBS and consistently sold out Nippert?

Nippert is a fantastic facility for HS football.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-14-17, 09:39 AM
fish82 fish82 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 11,515
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobcatBomber View Post
Wait, wait wait...just saw this gem of a post...

Recruited? At X, yes, for academics. I'm not sure how you continue to forget that X is one of the only schools (if not THE only) that administers entrance exams. Operative word being "entrance". Not placement exams. Yes, you have to score well on a test to gain admission. That alone would probably rule out 3/4 of the Colerain football team from ever attending such a fine, college-prep institution.

Yep, X recruits. They pull some of the brightest minds from the tri-state into one building.
Justin Hilliard says hi.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-14-17, 09:41 AM
gocards's Avatar
gocards gocards is offline
This is the year
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Support the NW Schools
Posts: 15,517
gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobcatBomber View Post
Yes! Can you (or anyone else) tell me why regional games are no longer played at Nippert? Is it rising cost of facility rental, or lack of draw from schools like back in the day when Colerain-Elder/Moeller-X double header nearly filled PBS and consistently sold out Nippert?

Nippert is a fantastic facility for HS football.
They are no longer allowed to have the games at college stadium's because somebody has deemed it a recruiting advantage for the host schools.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-14-17, 09:45 AM
Footballfan1212 Footballfan1212 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-23-12
Posts: 214
Footballfan1212 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards View Post
They are no longer allowed to have the games at college stadium's because somebody has deemed it a recruiting advantage for the host schools.
Is this a new rule in itself or is it part of the recruiting dead period due to the new early signing period?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Playoff Pick-Em Contest: Week 3 Pairings and Week 2 Results Wildcat97 Football 29 11-17-17 05:37 PM
GWOC Pick'Em!!! Playoff Edition - Week 3 Yellow_Jacket06 Football 8 11-17-17 03:33 PM
2017 Playoff Pick-Em Contest: Week 2 Pairings and Week 1 Results Wildcat97 Football 46 11-10-17 06:47 PM
2017 Playoff Pick-Em Contest: Week 1 Pairings Wildcat97 Football 46 11-03-17 03:57 PM
2017 OHSAA Baseball Regional Pairings Yappi Baseball 7 05-23-17 10:22 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz