Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins the region?
Massillon by 15+ 15 18.07%
Massillon by 8-14 31 37.35%
Massillon by 1-7 18 21.69%
New Albany by 1-7 13 15.66%
New Albany by 8-14 3 3.61%
New Albany by 15+ 3 3.61%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-17, 03:45 PM
All Region

Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Massillon seems to be really rolling. Following recent history, where do you think the coach will move up to if the Tigers win the championship?
Old 11-14-17, 03:54 PM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan View Post
Massillon seems to be really rolling. Following recent history, where do you think the coach will move up to if the Tigers win the championship?
The Browns.
Old 11-14-17, 04:18 PM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfan65 View Post
So many on this topic that have NOTHING to do with Massillon or New Albany. I wish they would go back to the site of their own team, oops they don’t have one nor is that team playing this week. Back under the bridge trolls you have nothing about the game to contribute.
I was actually thinking the opposite... this seems more about the actual game than normal!
Old 11-14-17, 04:51 PM
All Region

Cali_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
The Browns.

Sadly, I think going to work with that organization would be a major step down in every way, except for the paycheck
Old 11-14-17, 05:02 PM
All American

TIGER27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan View Post
Wherever he wants. Nate Moore is on his way to legendary status here. What a great man to lead our program.
Old 11-14-17, 05:21 PM
All Region

sam the butcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGER27 View Post
Wherever he wants. Nate Moore is on his way to legendary status here. What a great man to lead our program.
I don't know about legendary, (I hope), but I agree with the second part.
Old 11-14-17, 05:25 PM
All American

Zwick_4_Prez is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGER27 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
I don't know about legendary, (I hope), but I agree with the second part.
Arghhhh !!!11!!1 you guys must be part of Da Klub 11!!!!11! *insert inane rambling about Booster club members*
Old 11-14-17, 05:28 PM
All Ohio

OBIE-WON is an unknown quantity at this point
Slow the f down. I’m thinking New Albany is coming to this game with a very business type approach. We better as well.
Old 11-14-17, 05:48 PM
All Region

jtigerjoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
And nothing can prove “Massillon is the toughest team New Albany will face [sic.]” If you’re such an absolutist, perhaps you should’ve called that out.

Forgive me for interrupting the nuanced exchange between the New Albany and Massillon fans on this thread.

/

New Albany is very Jekyll-and-Hyde. They’ll lose one or two games that are complete eyebrow raisers, but they’ll also beat a team you wouldn’t expect them to. To make the regional finals for the second year in a row proves that they are a very well-coached team. Even though NA lost 6-17 last year, I think some Perry fans would agree that NA plays hard and is well-coached. If Massillon wins, and the Tigers have a fine team this year, they’re more than deserving. Massillon could win this by two scores. Regardless of how mediocre this region may have been, NA and Massillon are the last men standing. NA didn’t get here by accident, and like Massillon they’ve played a handful of tough opponents. Honestly, I think we can agree that Massillon has played a much tougher schedule... but the “team X hasn’t faced a tougher team than team Y” is susceptible to dead-ending when “I don’t agree, and here’s why” is met with “well you don’t know that.”
I think this is a fair assessment. We'll find out Friday night. Should be a good one.
Old 11-14-17, 06:24 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBIE-WON View Post
Slow the f down. I’m thinking New Albany is coming to this game with a very business type approach. We better as well.
^^^ What this guy just said. ^^^
Old 11-14-17, 07:11 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields is on a distinguished road
New Albany will be vastly more disciplined and better coached than Massillon, but that is true about almost every game on Massillon's schedule. X's and O's favor New Albany, Jimmie and Joes favor Massillon. I made a similar observation earlier in the year about New Albany vs. Hilliard Bradley and thought New Albany might pull off the upset. Welp.... Bradley took them to the woodshed. That being said, New Albany looks a lot crisper than they did earlier in the season and seems to have 'righted' the ship a bit since bottoming out with an inexplicable loss (got blanked!) to Big Walnut.

I think New Albany will force Massillon to play sound assignments (not a strength) and they will move the ball and score, but in the end, I think Massillon will be too much for them overall and the Tigers will advance to the Final 4.
Old 11-14-17, 07:15 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The wing T scares the heck out of me.
New Albany runs it well and is well coached. You should enjoy seeing what they do. Lots of misdirection. In the past they have changed up from the Wing T to a WildCat with a playmaking QB back there. They definitely keep you on your toes. I enjoy watching them. Hope its a great game!
Old 11-14-17, 07:54 PM
All Region

jtigerjoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambeau Fields View Post
New Albany will be vastly more disciplined and better coached than Massillon, but that is true about almost every game on Massillon's schedule. X's and O's favor New Albany, Jimmie and Joes favor Massillon. I made a similar observation earlier in the year about New Albany vs. Hilliard Bradley and thought New Albany might pull off the upset. Welp.... Bradley took them to the woodshed. That being said, New Albany looks a lot crisper than they did earlier in the season and seems to have 'righted' the ship a bit since bottoming out with an inexplicable loss (got blanked!) to Big Walnut.

I think New Albany will force Massillon to play sound assignments (not a strength) and they will move the ball and score, but in the end, I think Massillon will be too much for them overall and the Tigers will advance to the Final 4.
I will be surprised if New Albany is vastly more disciplined. Have you seen the Tigers play? I also don't think that is true about every game on our schedule. Massillon is very well coached, and will give a good account of themselves. Look for a great game.
Old 11-14-17, 08:00 PM
All American

Zwick_4_Prez is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Lol ok.
Old 11-14-17, 08:13 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
The OHSAA. I don’t think anybody starts selling tickets before Wednesday. Put the squeeze on pre-sale tickets that the schools get a portion of, more sales at the gate, which the schools get nothing.
New Albany sold tickets today (Tuesday).
Old 11-14-17, 09:07 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thank you for this Breaking News.

Most schools start selling them Wednesday
New Albany decided to sell them for 1 hour today. Between 3 and 4 pm.

As my previous post clearly stated “I don’t think anybody starts till Wednesday. Mack takes that as the law of the freakin world.

Mack stalks me on here and twitter like a crazed teenager.

This is from Mentor

“Tickets will go on sale Weds Thu and Fri at MHS Athletic Office 8am-3pm and Thurs 5-7pm all tickets $8”

And Avon

Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.

Thursday: 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at Avon High School AND 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m at Avon High School.

Friday: 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. at Avon High School

Last edited by firewatch; 11-14-17 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-14-17, 09:34 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
The New Albany Head Coach was on WHBC this afternoon. They started out 1-3, turned things around and beat the #1 seed last week 30-6.

https://soundcloud.com/user-19256965...-albany-eagles
Old 11-14-17, 10:03 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
Ignore the dude in the purple shirt. Talk football. With a couple of exceptions, the Tigers offense has put up the points this year. And the defense has improved significantly the last half of the season.
Old 11-15-17, 05:48 AM
All Ohio

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
The Browns.
Didn't your Super say Massillon was a better job than the Browns or just as important as coaching the Browns or the Buckeyes?
Old 11-15-17, 06:02 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Didn't your Super say Massillon was a better job than the Browns or just as important as coaching the Browns or the Buckeyes?
I have no idea if he said that. If he did, he was right about the Clowns and wrong about the Buckeyes. LOL.
Old 11-15-17, 07:43 AM
Success is Tradition!

just a fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
New Albany looks a lot crisper than they did earlier in the season and seems to have 'righted' the ship a bit since bottoming out with an inexplicable loss (got blanked!) to Big Walnut.

The righting of the ship might have something to do with the strength of opponent in weeks 6-10 compared to 1-4. Time will tell.

Good luck Massillon!
Old 11-15-17, 08:07 AM
All Ohio

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by just a fan View Post
The righting of the ship might have something to do with the strength of opponent in weeks 6-10 compared to 1-4. Time will tell.

Good luck Massillon!
...and certainly not the fact they’re playing in week 13.
Old 11-15-17, 08:37 AM
All World

I think he's saying because of weeks 6-10.
Old 11-15-17, 08:59 AM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
New Albany is wildly inconsistent, but I always root for the privates. Go Eagles!
Old 11-15-17, 09:00 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
I have seen it work both ways. Weak schedule, win 8-10 games, stay healthy, consistently make the playoffs, with an occasional deep run. Or get bounced early because it didn't prepare you. Ditto meatgrinders - can pay dividends or absolutely ruin a season.

Don't pretend to figure out hs football, lol. It's as random as how that goofy ball bounces.
Old 11-15-17, 09:11 AM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
The win over Walnut Ridge was a good one (though who knows how good they are), but they needed to rally from a 10 point deficit late to beat 0-10 Groveport Madison just in week 10 for crying out loud. And the win over Whitehall-Yearling, a team that played mostly D4 and 5 teams in the regular season, was hardly impressive.

Hard to say if they've righted the ship. It seems more wobbly than anything else.

I bet Massillon wins by 10-14, would not be surprised if it were by more.
Old 11-15-17, 09:17 AM
All Ohio

New Albany playing Central OH D1 programs, except for Newark and Groveport-Madison, would be a prime example of them "playing up." New Albany is D2 by base enrollment, but they're a huge pay-to-play district (it costs $600/sport.) They made week 11 because they beat Reynoldsburg in week one (subtract Reynoldsburg's L1 points from NA's L2 total, and the Eagles don't make playoffs.)

But of course... New Albany just simply skipped weeks 11 and 12, and are here by accident.
Old 11-15-17, 09:23 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHSspartans13 View Post
The win over Walnut Ridge was a good one (though who knows how good they are), but they needed to rally from a 10 point deficit late to beat 0-10 Groveport Madison just in week 10 for crying out loud. And the win over Whitehall-Yearling, a team that played mostly D4 and 5 teams in the regular season, was hardly impressive.

Hard to say if they've righted the ship. It seems more wobbly than anything else.

I bet Massillon wins by 10-14, would not be surprised if it were by more.
As was mentioned earlier, they're inconsistent. But they evidently have enough going for them (coaching, scheme) to be back in week 13 for the second straight year.

Massillon probably wins, and probably wins convincingly.

As for Walnut Ridge, they beat a team that is currently playing for a regional title (Philo.) WR is very athletic and talented. The reason why City League teams usually fold in the playoffs they way that they do is because of getting out-coached.

- - - - --

Good point on Whitehall. Truthfully, Region 7 in terms of being a playoff field was weak this year; Region 7 as a collection of schools was just hardscrabble. Whitehall made D2 because of competitive balance, and they made the D2 playoffs for Region 7 with a point calculation that would've precluded them from the playoffs in D3, Region 11.
Old 11-15-17, 09:27 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
I have seen it work both ways. Weak schedule, win 8-10 games, stay healthy, consistently make the playoffs, with an occasional deep run. Or get bounced early because it didn't prepare you. Ditto meatgrinders - can pay dividends or absolutely ruin a season.

Don't pretend to figure out hs football, lol. It's as random as how that goofy ball bounces.
Absolutely spot on. No rhyme nor reason for what happens sometimes in high school football. This is going to be a dandy game in my opinion. One thing is I think Massillon is done assuming that they should be handed games like in the past. Kids are working their tails off this year. Congrats and best of luck.
Old 11-15-17, 09:43 AM
All Yappi

longtime1sttime
http://fridaynightohio.com/video/pla...-vs-massillon/

"Freshman duo making an impact for Tigers"
http://fridaynightohio.com/news/1394...ct-for-tigers/
Closed Thread