Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-11-17, 05:20 PM
Junior Varsity

Pitchperfect is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Saw on summits Twitter.....0-0 at half

Yeah just saw that as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-17, 05:32 PM
Junior Varsity

1-0 Summit 10 min left

Old 11-11-17, 06:11 PM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
#OHSAA D3 Boys Soccer: Cincinnati Summit Country Day completes the three-peat as they defeat Toledo Ottawa Hills 1-0 to win the state title!
Old 11-11-17, 07:50 PM
All Ohio

TCSoup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKSONE View Post
#OHSAA D3 Boys Soccer: Cincinnati Summit Country Day completes the three-peat as they defeat Toledo Ottawa Hills 1-0 to win the state title!
Any updates on D1would be appreciated.
Old 11-11-17, 08:08 PM
GO ELKS!

#OHSAA D1 Boys Soccer: Neither team able to take advantage of a few scoring opportunities. The halftime score remains Beavercreek 0, Medina 0.
Old 11-11-17, 08:27 PM
GO ELKS!

0-0 12 min left in regulation
Old 11-11-17, 08:38 PM
Junior Varsity

BakedPotatoes is on a distinguished road
Heading into OT
Old 11-11-17, 08:38 PM
GO ELKS!

0-0 heading to OT
Old 11-11-17, 08:59 PM
GO ELKS!

Heading to 2nd OT
Old 11-11-17, 09:03 PM
GO ELKS!

Beavercreek wins in the 2nd minute
Old 11-11-17, 09:07 PM
Varsity

Zgerman is on a distinguished road
What happened
Old 11-11-17, 09:09 PM
All Region

iluvsnow is on a distinguished road
Congrats to the Beavers on their first state soccer title...

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/929530880858771457
Old 11-11-17, 09:28 PM
Freshman

TedLasso is on a distinguished road
Southwest Ohio proves to be top region winning 5/6 state titles
Old 11-11-17, 09:40 PM
Junior Varsity

Congrats Creek on the State Championship!

Old 11-11-17, 10:01 PM
Junior Varsity

I would love to see a better mix in the tournament of north vs south and eliminate all the useless games. Think how fun that would be

Old 11-11-17, 10:14 PM
GO ELKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgerman View Post
What happened
The forward beat the back, moved a little to the right to draw the keeper over and placed the ball far post for the win at 1:07 in the 2nd OT
Old 11-11-17, 10:40 PM
All Ohio

TCSoup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKSONE View Post
The forward beat the back, moved a little to the right to draw the keeper over and placed the ball far post for the win at 1:07 in the 2nd OT
thanks for updates
Old 11-11-17, 10:40 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchperfect View Post
I would love to see a better mix in the tournament of north vs south and eliminate all the useless games. Think how fun that would be

Wut?
Old 11-12-17, 11:34 AM
All Region

iluvsnow is on a distinguished road
Here is the game winning goal for Beavercreek for the state title....

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/929557843287658496
Old 11-12-17, 12:21 PM
Junior Varsity

BakedPotatoes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchperfect View Post

You mean like draw from a hat the remaining 16 teams so that it would be possible that they would not have to play teams in their region?
Old 11-13-17, 08:11 AM
All Region

belied dat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedPotatoes View Post
You mean like draw from a hat the remaining 16 teams so that it would be possible that they would not have to play teams in their region?
I firmly believe a draw should happen at some point in the postseason.

I wrote to Snodgrass years ago about this. Every year the same regions are against each other. Toss them in a hat and see some new competition. It'd be great for the sport and add additional interest across the state.
Old 11-13-17, 09:18 AM
Junior Varsity

Futbol Enthusiast is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by belied dat View Post

I wrote to Snodgrass years ago about this. Every year the same regions are against each other. Toss them in a hat and see some new competition. It'd be great for the sport and add additional interest across the state.
That would be a hell of s drive for a regional semifinal game if it was Cinci vs Cleveland

Last edited by Futbol Enthusiast; 11-13-17 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: Misspell
Old 11-13-17, 07:24 PM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
Quote:

In the present format, that's a non-starter, in my opinion.

Additionally, remember OHSAA is reimbursing schools for travel starting at the regional level, so there's an incentive to try and contain it.
Old 11-14-17, 09:41 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Never happen. Travel is too much of an issue.

If anything, I'd like to see just 1 or 2 divisions and moving teams up divisions based on success on the field, not enrollment.

Let's not ever have 7 divisions like football.

This idea that adjusting teams based on enrollment and where kids come from is a joke across all sports. If you want to move teams around, do it based on performance on the field.

Simple promotion/relegation folks. We like that in soccer, right?

If you go with 2 divisions, I'd propose 1 extra game between those 2 champs to see who was really the best.
Old 11-14-17, 11:22 AM
All Region

belied dat is on a distinguished road
People and their travel talk. Imagine living in a state where it's the norm and no one complains about a 3 hour drive for a "league" or "conference" game. It's really a rare occurrence that it could happen. Who's to say it HAS to be in Cleveland or Cincinnati if they were matched up together? It could be a "neutral" venue in Columbus.

It's in the last 16 teams remaining. It's not THAT big of a deal. I worked with a volleyball coach that took regular 12 hour trips for league games in Alaska -- that included a ferry, plane, and bus all for the same trip. Complaining about a trip from Cincinnati to Cleveland, but yet will pay for a club tournament in Raleigh, Orlando, or Las Vegas. Soft.

I'm also all for moving teams up/down based on competitive level. If someone is a 5x state champ or back-to-back-to-back state champ at D3, move them up...and they should WANT to move up. Compete against the best. That's what competition is all about. Likewise, if you cannot compete in D2 then you should be able to compete in D3. If interscholastic sports are about "fairness" and opportunities outside of the traditional classroom setting, then furthering the competitive environment is a positive for a team that loses 0-12 in postseason in D2 but can potentially have a competitive D3 match.
Old 11-14-17, 11:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
People and their travel talk. Imagine living in a state where it's the norm and no one complains about a 3 hour drive for a "league" or "conference" game. It's really a rare occurrence that it could happen. Who's to say it HAS to be in Cleveland or Cincinnati if they were matched up together? It could be a "neutral" venue in Columbus.

It's in the last 16 teams remaining. It's not THAT big of a deal. I worked with a volleyball coach that took regular 12 hour trips for league games in Alaska -- that included a ferry, plane, and bus all for the same trip. Complaining about a trip from Cincinnati to Cleveland, but yet will pay for a club tournament in Raleigh, Orlando, or Las Vegas. Soft.

I'm also all for moving teams up/down based on competitive level. If someone is a 5x state champ or back-to-back-to-back state champ at D3, move them up...and they should WANT to move up. Compete against the best. That's what competition is all about. Likewise, if you cannot compete in D2 then you should be able to compete in D3. If interscholastic sports are about "fairness" and opportunities outside of the traditional classroom setting, then furthering the competitive environment is a positive for a team that loses 0-12 in postseason in D2 but can potentially have a competitive D3 match.
I'm not saying i agree with the travel thing.... but you have to admit that 3-5 hour drives on school nights are bad ideas.

The OHSAA will not allow that. It's bad enough football went to fridays only. Some teams had 3+ hour drives on that friday. That was dumb.

Now if you want to reseed at the state semi level and have those games on weekends in Cbus, that would be cool. have a semi weekend at mapfre one weekend and then the finals the next, all in one place. That would be pretty cool.
Old 11-14-17, 11:38 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

Also keep in mind those club kids choose to make those long trips. You are making this mandatory. Soccer is expensive enough, right?

Also, that's Alaska. that's a complete outlier.
Old 11-14-17, 01:33 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
Also keep in mind those club kids choose to make those long trips. You are making this mandatory. Soccer is expensive enough, right?

Also, that's Alaska. that's a complete outlier.
In PA there are essentially 2 separate tournaments, district and state. The 13 districts have their own tournament and then the top teams are taken from each district and seeded in the state tournament based on the district tournament finish. So lower seeds end up playing on the side of the bracket with games on the opposite side of the state. Potentially driving 4 hours to play.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-17, 02:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post
In PA there are essentially 2 separate tournaments, district and state. The 13 districts have their own tournament and then the top teams are taken from each district and seeded in the state tournament based on the district tournament finish. So lower seeds end up playing on the side of the bracket with games on the opposite side of the state. Potentially driving 4 hours to play.

potentially. But it looks like they tried to match them up regionally and at neutral sites
Old 11-14-17, 02:48 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
potentially. But it looks like they tried to match them up regionally and at neutral sites
Agreed, but it was more to the point that it's not far fetched to have a setup like that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: