Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-13-17, 12:48 PM
Freshman

Little Red is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=pinya;6906946]
Quote:
Originally Posted by getridofspam1 View Post
How is this fair to D1 schools? I'm not an Ed's fan or whoever might win it this year but you are potentially taking away a state title from some kids. What about that kid who has worked his butt off to make the lineup in his senior year for St Eds? They are favored to win it and then all of sudden Graham bumps up this year and takes away that title. Next year they don't think they can win it and stay at D2. Any kid in that situation is screwed. What about a team like Lasalle who has a once in a lifetime team with all of the stars aligning and a chance to win it all. Now Graham comes up and takes away the only chance in school history of them winning a title and they finish 2nd.

Uhhh, welcome to what D2 has been dealing with the last 12-15 years. All these D1 teams claim to be the "best" because they're D1, well, time to put your money where your mouth is. Glad to see another team in D2 get a chance to win their State Title. Sorry, don't feel bad for a team like St. Ed's. They're a private school who can bring in the best of the best, while the public schools have to work with the kids who live in the school district.
if you're a true competitor you'll compete against anyone that stands in the way of winning a state title. Point. Blank. Period.
Old 11-13-17, 12:49 PM
All Yappi

Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divided42 View Post
Exactly every single starter on this year's Graham's team attended Graham middle school I believe, so by my definition and yours they don't have any transfers. And it's probably been since Blake Kastl since they've had a real "transfer". Also add in Tanner Smith who was an Ironman placed for them his freshman year or guys like Alex Isbrandt, Zane Strubler, and Graham Shore who wresteled for Graham middle school who didn't ever wrestle for the high school.
Wow, I completely forgot about Smith, good call.
Old 11-13-17, 01:39 PM
Varsity

Gonzaga45377 is on a distinguished road
Connor Brady wrestled for SPG middle school before transfering to OL
Old 11-13-17, 07:33 PM
Freshman

Goalsetting is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old142 View Post
We can start naming Transfers from each team....Graham is the KING of transfers no one else public is even close in Ohio, maybe Massillon Perry is second.

If it was all about coaching ....imagine what a great coach compared to Jordan Zahid Valencia must have.
Ok Old142! I will play your game! You go 1st with your transfers from this year starting line ups or what you think will be the line ups for Edís, Graham and Elyria and Perry! Now are we gonna count the kids that actually wrestled for each Middle School program or just the ones who will start their High School career for their beloved schools? I think you might be surprised!
Old 11-13-17, 09:27 PM
All District

Old142 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalsetting View Post
Ok Old142! I will play your game! You go 1st with your transfers from this year starting line ups or what you think will be the line ups for Edís, Graham and Elyria and Perry! Now are we gonna count the kids that actually wrestled for each Middle School program or just the ones who will start their High School career for their beloved schools? I think you might be surprised!
Were going to start from Grahams first transfers ....Kyle Ott , Schlatter? Then Each year deducting those TRANSFERS wins from the lineup when Graham wrestled St Eds , Blair ...etc etc Ironman points ( ALL GONE FOR TAYLORS AND MARINELLI ETC ETC ETC ETC ) See how many national tiltles , dual wins over Eds or Blair they would ever have It doesn't matter if theyre in a middle school program if they still transferred in at middle school lol. Eds and Blair are supposed to recruit theyre private schools genius.
Old 11-13-17, 09:44 PM
All Ohio

Divided42 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Were going to start from Grahams first transfers ....Kyle Ott , Schlatter? Then Each year deducting those TRANSFERS wins from the lineup when Graham wrestled St Eds , Blair ...etc etc Ironman points ( ALL GONE FOR TAYLORS AND MARINELLI ETC ETC ETC ETC ) See how many national tiltles , dual wins over Eds or Blair they would ever have It doesn't matter if theyre in a middle school program if they still transferred in at middle school lol. Eds and Blair are supposed to recruit theyre private schools genius.
Somebody is awfully salty about SPG. Little Johnny transferred to St Paris in the 4th grade, how dare his parents do such a thing. Old142 isn't counting his points at Ironman lol. You do know it's perfectly legal and normal for parents to want the best for their kids and try to put them in a position to best succeed right?
Old 11-13-17, 09:56 PM
Freshman

Goalsetting is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You liar! You are Bitter! Every post you submit proves it! How dare Graham have Open enrollment where good kids who want to compete against the best every year, training under Jeff Jordan while doing it under the right guidelines of the OHSAA! Damn them! I will rewind as you truly didnít catch it when I said this years lineups! A real genius would see that Graham is probably at the bottom of those transfers that will wrestle this year for said teams... try some counseling so you can relax a bit. All your bitterness and hatred canít be good! Lmao
Old 11-13-17, 09:59 PM
Freshman

CornerCoach is on a distinguished road
.... it's amazing, all these transfers come in, JJ teaches them how to
play basketball and mat soccer, and they still win Ironman and beat St. Edith's-
and then go on to be DI All Americans- Old141.5 you make some good points-
when your done, get a life.......
Old 11-13-17, 10:30 PM
All Region

miketyson is on a distinguished road
if you don't like the

the fact that someone wants to rise to a challenge we don't need people like you in wrestling....sorry. I don't see what you don't agree with it because a teams division is where they should compete? When they are volunteering to go up?
Old 11-14-17, 02:59 AM
All World

said_aouita is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Big difference between transfers and recruiting.

Does your school have open enrollment?
Old 11-14-17, 07:14 AM
All District

galewrestling is on a distinguished road
Old 11-14-17, 07:32 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by galewrestling View Post
Lol! It didn't escalate with me, but it sure got a few of them riled up! They were /are the same parents crying over " we cant compete with a private school ...sniffle sniffle!" So NOW they don't want to admit the ONLY reason they have been able to compete SOME YEARS is they recruit transfers OFTEN!

Some crazy dad's who send little Johny to Jordans recruiting center....err I mean camps! Will even move to Graham when they are in middle school! Its all good ...just don't deny the reason you're able to compete now
Old 11-14-17, 08:11 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by said_aouita View Post

Ohhhhh so they're going there for Grahams's stellar education!? I apologize I didn't realize many of them go on to wrestle for Ivy league schools etc!!
Old 11-14-17, 08:45 AM
Freshman

Veloster6317 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lol! It didn't escalate with me, but it sure got a few of them riled up! They were /are the same parents crying over " we cant compete with a private school ...sniffle sniffle!" So NOW they don't want to admit the ONLY reason they have been able to compete SOME YEARS is they recruit transfers OFTEN!

Some crazy dad's who send little Johny to Jordans recruiting center....err I mean camps! Will even move to Graham when they are in middle school! Its all good ...just don't deny the reason you're able to compete now
Jordans camp are, in my opinion, one of the best camps to send a middle school aged wrestler. They learn how to drill hard, and basic technique that works at all levels of wrestling. So honestly in my opinion the crazy dads are the ones not sending there kids to Jordans camp to get better.
Old 11-14-17, 08:59 AM
All Ohio

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzaga45377 View Post
Connor Brady wrestled for SPG middle school before transfering to OL
You can't transfer from a middle school to a high school. That would be like transferring from Elyria High to Ohio State University. You enroll.
Old 11-14-17, 09:07 AM
All Ohio

craceman is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Pretty sure it’s never been Graham who is crying over not being able to compete with the Private Schools! Don’t hate the ones who want to train in a good environment as long as they follow the rules! If Little Johnny can go to a good College regardless of where or what Division it is with some Scholarship help. At the end of the Day isn’t that what it’s all about as a parent?
Old 11-14-17, 10:30 AM
All American

eyes r burning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by craceman View Post
Pretty sure itís never been Graham who is crying over not being able to compete with the Private Schools! Donít hate the ones who want to train in a good environment as long as they follow the rules! If Little Johnny can go to a good College regardless of where or what Division it is with some Scholarship help. At the end of the Day isnít that what itís all about as a parent?
No
Old 11-14-17, 11:15 AM
All World

said_aouita is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by said_aouita View Post

Quote:
Ohhhhh so they're going there for Grahams's stellar education!? I apologize I didn't realize many of them go on to wrestle for Ivy league schools etc!!
Again, does your local HS have open enrollment? Your response isn't a rebuttal to my original comment, either.
As I said, "big difference between transfers and recruiting" yes, kids come to Jordans camps. Occasionally kids believe they can make the line-up, occasionally kids transfer and never start.....

If you're saying the camps are a recruiting tool?
Old 11-15-17, 08:18 AM
All District

OddJob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
In the dual team state tournament, the OHSAA is allowing teams the right to "opt up" to Division I. The do not allow this for any of the "normal" team sports, but since dual team wrestling has "emerging sport" status this non-normal rule is allowed.

We shall see if Graham chooses to opt up to DI for dual team. I think they should. I would project them to win, though their path will obviously be much more competitive. As presently constituted, the DII dual team state series is a total waste of time in terms of assessing a champion -- Graham is winning every dual, any match they don't win 11/12 or more weight classes is a small miracle.

There are two reasons for the present structure of the dual team state series:
(1) every other team (advancement) sport operates as single-elimination in the playoffs
(2) to hold the event in one day using the desired facility (St. John Arena) constrains the structure of the event

If Graham chooses to compete in DI, I am interested in where OHSAA assigns them. I hope it is to a region consisting of Central District teams, as that's where the "black hole" is right now in DI for the dual team tournament (it should be noted that Olentangy Liberty choosing not to compete in the dual team state series precludes the central district of a team that has been state level competitive the last couple of years). The southwest has LaSalle and Elder that are viably competitive at the state level for this coming year (Mason fit that description last year as well); the "north" has St. Edward, Brecksville, Elyria, Wadsworth, and Massillon Perry with four of those teams getting to go down state.
Massillon Perry wont get their, word is out of their camp is that 2 of their top wrestlers and some talented junior high kids are not even coming out for the team, very strange, could possibly have 4 forfeits throughout the lineup
Old 11-15-17, 05:37 PM
Freshman

CornerCoach is on a distinguished road
....Jordan provides a training environment that is a combination
of strict discipline, no favoritism, no punk attitudes, great technique,
great workout partners, extreme hard work, and a very competitive
schedule. Basically, the athletes are on a 4.5 month lockdown in that
environment.... that's why they win. You could put a young Bobby
Knight in that workout room and he would excel..... why wouldn't
an athlete and his parents be in favor of attending SPG......