Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-07-17, 06:59 PM
All District

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
I am not close to the program but I know a few parents who are also alums and not one of them had a good thing to say about the head coach. He was a dead man walking this year if he did not turn things around. The scheduling thing is a red herring. Make the playoffs and then make a run. Moeller made the playoffs but other than that game against Iggys, they were not even competitive. Something had to be done.
LW should be looking for Coach. Do you think he would like the challenge of a coaching at a public school
Old 11-07-17, 07:01 PM
Varsity

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Declining numbers in the program.
Every programs numbers are dropping because of concussions and media. So no that doesn't work as an acceptable answer Rabbit. In regards to who they can play there are more schools out there in Indianapolis, Columbus, Dayton, Lexington and Louisville that they could pay to come to Cincy and play. Every school we play is 10-0, 9-1 or 8-2. Why can't we get a 7-3 or 6-4? Like I said X and Elder do it so why aren't we doing it? No Moeller team, in the history of the program, have played a schedule like we have played the past three years. GBM!
Old 11-07-17, 07:03 PM
All District

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
Every programs numbers are dropping because of concussions and media. So no that doesn't work as an acceptable answer Rabbit. In regards to who they can play there are more schools out there in Indianapolis, Columbus, Dayton, Lexington and Louisville that they could pay to come to Cincy and play. Every school we play is 10-0, 9-1 or 8-2. Why can't we get a 7-3 or 6-4? Like I said X and Elder do it so why aren't we doing it? No Moeller team, in the history of the program, have played a schedule like we have played the past three years. GBM!
I am flying the BS flag I this take. X won the state going 5 and 5 last year. Come on Man
Old 11-07-17, 07:16 PM
All District

CrusaderFan81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post
Are you sure it was all his coordinators? Mike Dyer had this to say and he's a very knowledgeable sports guy.

Known for his schemes on offense over the years, Rodenberg is grateful for the coaching experiences and the relationships he built with the players over the years not only at Moeller, but also at Covington Catholic and McNicholas.

Let's face it, he won with the talent that Crable developed. You will not find many people that actually know this guy tell you what a "swell guy" he was.
Well, the 2012 and 13 offenses with P Mac were some of the most explosive offenses Iíve seen with absolutely genius playcalling. Post P Mac era with Rody at offensive coordinator resembled more of a clown show with countless 3rd and >7ís being a QB draw from the gun and clear miscommunication issues game after game. Coming from somebody who has actually watched them play, I would say I am certain it was his coordinators contributing to the success. Also, the Crable comment makes no sense considering the state titles came over 4 years after Crable left?
Old 11-07-17, 07:26 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
I am flying the BS flag I this take. X won the state going 5 and 5 last year. Come on Man
Yes X did win it last year at 5-5 regular season. But if you look at their schedule this year compared to last year they didn't play St. John's Boscos (CA) they had Hinsdale, Illinois who was horrible if you saw the game. They played Walnut Hills this year instead of Mentor and they played and they played a Canadian team this year instead of Warren Central (IN) and we all know how bad Canadian teams are. Again, just saying you can't continue to expect wins when you play the schedule Moe has played the past three years. Same schedule next year so the new HC will have some work to do to get to 5-5 or better especially if the McBride (QB) doesn't play next year. Just my opinion. GBM!
Old 11-07-17, 07:29 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Like I said you are CLUELESS! It wasn't his decision to resign and I do know that from someone close to the program! You still haven't told everyone the on and off the field issues you mentioned in your previous post? Dig deep and look at the facts they don't lie. The AD played a major role in the lack of WINS the past three years. In regards to scheduling yes they do have options. Don't schedule Trinity only when Trinity has a team that can beat us. Don't schedule a national power in Bosco, don't play Iggy's and Ed's back to back. X and Elder pay teams to come to the Pit from out of town. Moeller should be doing that but you can't when you don't make any money because you only have 3 home games. Go into hibernation for the winter Rabbit!
Quote:
You got all the answers Chief. Moe should call you for all future issues regarding the program.
Old 11-07-17, 07:33 PM
All World

ReLoad is an unknown quantity at this point
I will miss Rodey-o clown
Old 11-07-17, 07:35 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometCountry View Post
As I've suggested previously on GCL threads complaining about how hard it is to schedule--do like Notre Dame and the ACC in football and be quasi-members of the GMC for football only and play 8 GMC games and 2 OOC games--split the GMC into two 7-team divisions and play 6 games in your division, 2 crossover games (GCL could have 2 teams in each division and that would be the crossover match-ups) and then play two local teams or Ed's or Iggy if they want to ramp up the schedule. It's doable and would reduce travel and increase attendance tremendously. Works for ND and the ACC!!
Interesting idea CC but my first question would be "why would the GMC want to do this"? But the more I thought about it I see how this could be a win/win for both conferences. So I'll let lose on a stream of conscious thoughts about how this could happen, oh and before folks ask "what the heck does this have to with Moeller changing coaches" it addresses a huge problem for Moeller and the GCS S in scheduling:

* First off 8 games may be to much but I suspect you good guarantee 5 games with GMC teams and then having 3 GCLS games on their schedules that would leave the GCLS teams only 2 out of Cincinnati (OOC) games to play. Heck Winton Woods will keep playing GCLS teams so it would be less then 2 OOC games for most of the GCLS.

* What I like about this is it would inject some competitive fervor into what might become a stale GMC schedule in a few years. There would have to be flexibility built into the scheduling to account for the natural ebb & flow of the public school programs in the GMC. It might be tricky trying to guess who the "best" teams in the GMC will be year to year to pair up against the GCLS teams. But I think you could do a decent job of estimating relative success out to 3 years. That would enable the struggling GMC teams to avoid having to play the GCLS and schedule more competitively against the GWOC & ECC in their OOC games. For example next year there is NO reason for Fairfield, Sycamore, Mason & Colerain and potentially Lakota West or Princeton not playing at least one GCLS team. IMO they would more then hold their own and keep it competitive (heck they might win a couple). Given what we know about how the Region 4 D1 playoffs work there is almost NO risk of losing out on a playoff bid if you lose a regular season game to X or Elder.

* The likely boost in gate receipts and concession sales would be HUGE for both leagues (FF will bring a lot more fans to the Pitt then Florida Int did). It's not hard to envision sold out games left & right.

I suspect this is all wishful thinking but maybe to kick start this the GCLS could approach the GMC with an offer of finding common ground on how best to handle "recruiting". There has to be a fair way to control the process so that both the parochial and public schools are protected as well as the families who are making the choice. I don't think anyone wants a wild west atmosphere around kids moving in and out of schools.
Old 11-07-17, 07:55 PM
Varsity

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
You got all the answers Chief. Moe should call you for all future issues regarding the program.
I just know people close to the program and the facts Chief.
Old 11-07-17, 08:01 PM
All Ohio

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
I am not close to the program but I know a few parents who are also alums and not one of them had a good thing to say about the head coach. He was a dead man walking this year if he did not turn things around. The scheduling thing is a red herring. Make the playoffs and then make a run. Moeller made the playoffs but other than that game against Iggys, they were not even competitive. Something had to be done.
LW should be looking for Coach. Do you think he would like the challenge of a coaching at a public school
When parents are paying tuition they expect their voice to be heard. It happens everywhere. The expectations are just a little higher at a school with the tradition of Moeller.
Old 11-07-17, 08:05 PM
All American

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
* First off 8 games may be to much but I suspect you could guarantee 5 games with GMC teams and then having 3 GCLS games on their schedules that would leave the GCLS teams only 2 out of Cincinnati (OOC) games to play. Heck Winton Woods will keep playing GCLS teams so it would be less then 2 OOC games for most of the GCLS.

For sake of discussion:

West--Elder, LaSalle, Colerain, Oak Hills, Fairfield, Hamilton, Lakota West

East--St. X, Moeller, Mason, Sycamore, Princeton, Middletown, Lakota East

So each team would play the other 6 schools in their division and the 2 crossover games would be the GCL playing the two GCL schools in the other division--the GMC schools would play other GMC schools in the crossover games. That would be 8 GMC/GCL games. It would leave two OOC games to schedule GWOC, ECC, WW, Ed's, Iggy etc... the crowds would be much better with easy travel distance for all 14 schools.

Boost in gate receipts would be phenominal along with concession sales. Your final point of "common ground" on recruiting has been addressed over the past few years and that is why the GMC schools and GCL schools are now scheduling in all sports once again.

It may be a pipe-dream, but I do believe this could be pulled off and create some outstanding rivalries as local teams play each other once again.

This from a GCL grad, 35 year public educator and coach, and fan of the GMC since it's inception.
Old 11-07-17, 08:20 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
* First off 8 games may be to much but I suspect you could guarantee 5 games with GMC teams and then having 3 GCLS games on their schedules that would leave the GCLS teams only 2 out of Cincinnati (OOC) games to play. Heck Winton Woods will keep playing GCLS teams so it would be less then 2 OOC games for most of the GCLS.

For sake of discussion:

So each team would play the other 6 schools in their division and the 2 crossover games would be the GCL playing the two GCL schools in the other division--the GMC schools would play other GMC schools in the crossover games. That would be 8 GMC/GCL games. It would leave two OOC games to schedule GWOC, ECC, WW, Ed's, Iggy etc... the crowds would be much better with easy travel distance for all 14 schools.

Boost in gate receipts would be phenominal along with concession sales. Your final point of "common ground" on recruiting has been addressed over the past few years and that is why the GMC schools and GCL schools are now scheduling in all sports once again.

It may be a pipe-dream, but I do believe this could be pulled off and create some outstanding rivalries as local teams play each other once again.

This from a GCL grad, 35 year public educator and coach, and fan of the GMC since it's inception.
Okay, gotcha. I'm assuming that the powers that be would laugh at your suggestion but I like it for football. It would solve a lot of problems and even allow the GMC & GCLS to maintain their own titles by only counting games within the "original" conferences. This would make the purists happy.
Old 11-07-17, 08:33 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

For sake of discussion:

It's a win-win!
Old 11-07-17, 08:37 PM
Varsity

Quote:

For sake of discussion:

I agree. Would be great if it could happen. Would benefit all the schools.
Old 11-07-17, 08:54 PM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Okay, gotcha. I'm assuming that the powers that be would laugh at your suggestion but I like it for football. It would solve a lot of problems and even allow the GMC & GCLS to maintain their own titles by only counting games within the "original" conferences. This would make the purists happy.
I don't see Mason or Hamilton agreeing to it!
Old 11-07-17, 08:59 PM
All American

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
I don't see Mason or Hamilton agreeing to it!
Old narrative Moe Dude--both schools are playing Moeller and the other GCL schools in most sports--a meeting of the minds took place a few years ago to address the "GMC boycott and recruiting issues"--both sides walked away and agreed to wipe the slate clean thus Mason and Moe played in football in '16 and Hamilton and Moe played in '17.

Could be done if the two leagues want to do it!
Old 11-07-17, 09:41 PM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusaderFan81 View Post
Well, the 2012 and 13 offenses with P Mac were some of the most explosive offenses I’ve seen with absolutely genius playcalling. Post P Mac era with Rody at offensive coordinator resembled more of a clown show with countless 3rd and >7’s being a QB draw from the gun and clear miscommunication issues game after game. Coming from somebody who has actually watched them play, I would say I am certain it was his coordinators contributing to the success. Also, the Crable comment makes no sense considering the state titles came over 4 years after Crable left?
I know, that's the reason for the Didn't Chris Majors take over the offense when he left Northwest?

And as far as the Crable comment, him and the staff created the pipeline for those teams. Trust me!
Old 11-07-17, 09:46 PM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Old narrative Moe Dude--both schools are playing Moeller and the other GCL schools in most sports--a meeting of the minds took place a few years ago to address the "GMC boycott and recruiting issues"--both sides walked away and agreed to wipe the slate clean thus Mason and Moe played in football in '16 and Hamilton and Moe played in '17.

may be old but still gets a rise out of you Mason folk.
Old 11-07-17, 10:41 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Rody applied for the La Salle job in 1999, and they gave it to a former St. Edward coach--Jim McQuaide who went 15-25 in four years at La Salle.

Rody applied for the La Salle job a second time in 2003, and they gave it to Tom Grippa who went 59-44 in ten years including three playoff appearances.

Does Rody come back begging a third time or does he have too much pride to go back to the team who snubbed him twice?
Old 11-08-17, 03:22 AM
All American

SuperD1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I heard Jeff Rotsky is working with a Cincinnati real estate agent.....
Moeller is not hiring Rotsky.
Old 11-08-17, 03:24 AM
All American

SuperD1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Moeller and St. X both replacing coaches in the same offseason. I can’t imagine that’s happened before.
Old 11-08-17, 05:57 AM
All Ohio

HSFB Fan is on a distinguished road
The post came interview went kind of like this....

Old 11-08-17, 07:54 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Sycamore will only agree to schedule Moeller in football when Moeller becomes an all girl school.
Old 11-08-17, 07:59 AM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Is Rodenburg offense or defense oriented?
Old 11-08-17, 08:45 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancermania View Post
Rody applied for the La Salle job in 1999, and they gave it to a former St. Edward coach--Jim McQuaide who went 15-25 in four years at La Salle.

Rody applied for the La Salle job a second time in 2003, and they gave it to Tom Grippa who went 59-44 in ten years including three playoff appearances.

Does Rody come back begging a third time or does he have too much pride to go back to the team who snubbed him twice?
La Salle has a guy on staff right now with the title of assistant head coach or some such that should get the job without any questions asked.

I mean, that is if Pat leaves for Moeller. I'd have a hard time turning down my alma mater. That said ... expectations at Moeller are absurd these days and they're bordering on Massillon levels of illusions of grandeur. Objectively, you take a step back before taking that gig.
Old 11-08-17, 08:59 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMantle View Post
La Salle has a guy on staff right now with the title of assistant head coach or some such that should get the job without any questions asked.

I mean, that is if Pat leaves for Moeller. I'd have a hard time turning down my alma mater. That said ... expectations at Moeller are absurd these days and they're bordering on Massillon levels of illusions of grandeur. Objectively, you take a step back before taking that gig.
Both names are still pretty attractive...no shortage of temptation.
Old 11-08-17, 09:04 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Both names are still pretty attractive...no shortage of temptation.
Absolutely. Plenty of money to throw around too, especially Massillon. What they gave Moore was absurd. It's just a matter of what you want to deal with for what compensation.
Old 11-08-17, 09:42 AM
All District

graceunder is on a distinguished road
Quote:

For sake of discussion:

Great idea! My only request would be insert a rule that Elder Fans most seat on their side of the field and show respect for visitors and not save seats on the visitors side hours before the game. That way the visitors can have a place to seat when watching the game at Elder. It that can be enforced you have my support. It is well though out. Money talks ...if there is a way to show this would increase revenue for all schools involved if may be come a reality. If nothing else it should be a serious discussion between the powers that be in both conferences.
Old 11-08-17, 09:48 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaller View Post
It's a shame that when Moeller actually gets a pretty successful coach who also happens to be a really respectable person, they still run him off at the first sign of trouble. I can't believe they ran off Bob Crable when they did and now I can't believe that they have run off Rodenburg. The guy won back-to-back D1 state titles for crying out loud! The number of active coaches that have won consecutive D1 state championships in Ohio now currently numbers two. All of the Moeller alums and parents have visions that Moeller football should be back where it was under Faust and Klonne, and that is never going to be the case. Moeller is in a 4-team league where the other three coaches have won multiple state championships. Moeller is never going to have more success than they did under Rodenburg.

This is why no one likes Moeller.
I believe they forced Ted Bacigalupo (1981 / 12-1 State Runner-up) out, after just 1 season.

:>---

2 days and counting...
Old 11-08-17, 10:04 AM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopup View Post
I believe they forced Ted Bacigalupo (1981 / 12-1 State Runner-up) out, after just 1 season.

:>---

2 days and counting...
Wrong