Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-07-17, 02:53 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Rodenburg Gone at Moeller

http://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-scho...ter-10-seasons
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-17, 02:55 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Wow shocking.
Old 11-07-17, 02:58 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
Not all that shocking if you've been reading all the Moeller posts on Yappi from alumni.
Old 11-07-17, 03:27 PM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Second Moeller Coach who has quit/stepped down/been let go after a season-ending loss to Colerain.

Wish Mr. Rodenburg the best with whatever he chooses for his future. Stand up guy as far as I could tell.

-CardinalsFan
Old 11-07-17, 03:42 PM
All Ohio

tonka is on a distinguished road
I am sure this will be a highly sought after position and my guess is the Lasalle coach is the favorite given his history with Moe.
Old 11-07-17, 03:57 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
I am sure this will be a highly sought after position and my guess is the Lasalle coach is the favorite given his history with Moe.
What makes people think the LaSalle coach would consider leaving LaSalle for Moeller. Was he an assistant there or something?
Old 11-07-17, 03:58 PM
All World

JBaller
It's a shame that when Moeller actually gets a pretty successful coach who also happens to be a really respectable person, they still run him off at the first sign of trouble. I can't believe they ran off Bob Crable when they did and now I can't believe that they have run off Rodenburg. The guy won back-to-back D1 state titles for crying out loud! The number of active coaches that have won consecutive D1 state championships in Ohio now currently numbers two. All of the Moeller alums and parents have visions that Moeller football should be back where it was under Faust and Klonne, and that is never going to be the case. Moeller is in a 4-team league where the other three coaches have won multiple state championships. Moeller is never going to have more success than they did under Rodenburg.

This is why no one likes Moeller.

Last edited by JBaller; 11-07-17 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-07-17, 04:10 PM
All Region

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
What makes people think the LaSalle coach would consider leaving LaSalle for Moeller. Was he an assistant there or something?
Moeller Alum
Old 11-07-17, 04:14 PM
All American

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Moeller Alum
So was Crable--beware Pat
Old 11-07-17, 04:22 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaller View Post
It's a shame that when Moeller actually gets a pretty successful coach who also happens to be a really respectable person, they still run him off at the first sign of trouble. I can't believe they ran off Bob Crable when they did and now I can't believe that they have run off Rodenburg. The guy won back-to-back D1 state titles for crying out loud! The number of active coaches that have won consecutive state championships in Ohio now currently numbers two. All of the Moeller alums and parents have visions that Moeller football should be back where it was under Faust and Klonne, and that is never going to be the case. Moeller is in a 4-team league where the other three coaches have won multiple state championships. Moeller is never going to have more success than they did under Rodenburg.

Not ALL Moeller parents and alums not even by a long shot, I assure you!
Old 11-07-17, 04:25 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's a shame that when Moeller actually gets a pretty successful coach who also happens to be a really respectable person, they still run him off at the first sign of trouble. I can't believe they ran off Bob Crable when they did and now I can't believe that they have run off Rodenburg. The guy won back-to-back D1 state titles for crying out loud! The number of active coaches that have won consecutive state championships in Ohio now currently numbers two. All of the Moeller alums and parents have visions that Moeller football should be back where it was under Faust and Klonne, and that is never going to be the case. Moeller is in a 4-team league where the other three coaches have won multiple state championships. Moeller is never going to have more success than they did under Rodenburg.

This had to do with more than wins and losses. No one at Moe expects to have Faust like results ever again. Thatís just plain dumb. Thus program was not moving in the right direction on Or off the field for 3 years running. There a ton of People who love Moeller. Talk to their 10,000 alumi, parents, administration and friends. Itís a damn special place. Sometime tough decisions need to be made. Why am I not shocked you jump at yet another chance to rip the program. Youíve never said a good word about Moeller ever?
Old 11-07-17, 04:28 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
I heard Jeff Rotsky is working with a Cincinnati real estate agent.....
Old 11-07-17, 04:45 PM
Varsity

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well said JBaller! Rabbit you are clueless! It was all about wins and losses and yes Moeller does live in the '70's and '80's still. Those days are long gone and not coming back! If it wasn't about wins and losses then tell everyone what was causing the program not to run in the right direction on or off the field the past three years? This is all about Asbeck (AD) trying to put his name on the Football Program at Moeller. He came into Moeller the end of 2013. The 2014 schedule was already made so he is responsible for the football schedules for 2015, 2016 and 2017. He didn't allow Rody any input into the scheduling of games. What AD does that to his Head Coach? Moeller should fire Asbeck! Rody spent 10 years as the Head Coach and won 4 GCL titles, 2 Regional Titles, 3 Final Fours and back-to-back State Titles in 2012 and 2013. Who fires a guy that accomplishes those things in 10 years? Nobody! Stop talking about off the field issues because there were none under Rody. We lost a great Coach who the players loved playing for. Shame on Moeller!
Old 11-07-17, 04:53 PM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's a shame that when Moeller actually gets a pretty successful coach who also happens to be a really respectable person, they still run him off at the first sign of trouble. I can't believe they ran off Bob Crable when they did and now I can't believe that they have run off Rodenburg. The guy won back-to-back D1 state titles for crying out loud! The number of active coaches that have won consecutive D1 state championships in Ohio now currently numbers two. All of the Moeller alums and parents have visions that Moeller football should be back where it was under Faust and Klonne, and that is never going to be the case. Moeller is in a 4-team league where the other three coaches have won multiple state championships. Moeller is never going to have more success than they did under Rodenburg.

Shame on Moeller!
Old 11-07-17, 04:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
Well said JBaller! Rabbit you are clueless! It was all about wins and losses and yes Moeller does live in the '70's and '80's still. Those days are long gone and not coming back! If it wasn't about wins and losses then tell everyone what was causing the program not to run in the right direction on or off the field the past three years? This is all about Asbeck (AD) trying to put his name on the Football Program at Moeller. He came into Moeller the end of 2013. The 2014 schedule was already made so he is responsible for the football schedules for 2015, 2016 and 2017. He didn't allow Rody any input into the scheduling of games. What AD does that to his Head Coach? Moeller should fire Asbeck! Rody spent 10 years as the Head Coach and won 4 GCL titles, 2 Regional Titles, 3 Final Fours and back-to-back State Titles in 2012 and 2013. Who fires a guy that accomplishes those things in 10 years? Nobody! Stop talking about off the field issues because there were none under Rody. We lost a great Coach who the players loved playing for. Shame on Moeller!
How do you know it wasnít his own decision?

You act like Moeller actually has scheduling options? If they could schedule more local teams and avoid having to go on the road donít you think they would? You act like X, and Elder can cherry pick who they play. Give me a break with your AD is the problem!
Old 11-07-17, 05:08 PM
All Ohio

source
Send a message via Yahoo to source
Quote:

JBaller makes several good points. Moeller struggled with team speed recently in my opinion. Especially on defense. At times Colerain ran with ease around Crusader tacklers. 81-40 record at Moeller is great but one has look inside the GCL....thats where alums have been vocal about Rodenburg's recent struggles...getting shelled by Colerain doesn't help either.
Old 11-07-17, 05:22 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
Shame on Moeller!
Do donít St . X part ways with their ďsuccessful ď basketball coach who won state titles and GCL titles? Whatís the difference? Shame!
Old 11-07-17, 05:39 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
I have a feeling the 2017 LaSalle/Moeller game will have the same coaches, just on different sidelines in 2018.
Old 11-07-17, 06:00 PM
All World

bdhof is on a distinguished road
Quote:

They fired Klonne too.

This from the Enquirer

"Despite compiling a 169-48 (.778) record in 19 years as head coach, despite winning two state championships and reaching the final three other times, Mr. Klonne was offered one season as a lame duck coach and the chance to be an assistant thereafter."

After Klonne, they could fire anyone. And they ran off another 2x state champ coach. Unbelievable.
Old 11-07-17, 06:05 PM
Varsity

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
How do you know it wasnít his own decision?

You act like Moeller actually has scheduling options? If they could schedule more local teams and avoid having to go on the road donít you think they would? You act like X, and Elder can cherry pick who they play. Give me a break with your AD is the problem!
Like I said you are CLUELESS! It wasn't his decision to resign and I do know that from someone close to the program! You still haven't told everyone the on and off the field issues you mentioned in your previous post? Dig deep and look at the facts they don't lie. The AD played a major role in the lack of WINS the past three years. In regards to scheduling yes they do have options. Don't schedule Trinity only when Trinity has a team that can beat us. Don't schedule a national power in Bosco, don't play Iggy's and Ed's back to back. X and Elder pay teams to come to the Pit from out of town. Moeller should be doing that but you can't when you don't make any money because you only have 3 home games. Go into hibernation for the winter Rabbit!
Old 11-07-17, 06:07 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhof View Post
they fired klonne too.

This from the enquirer

"despite compiling a 169-48 (.778) record in 19 years as head coach, despite winning two state championships and reaching the final three other times, mr. Klonne was offered one season as a lame duck coach and the chance to be an assistant thereafter."

after klonne, they could fire anyone. And they ran off another 2x state champ coach. Unbelievable.

Shame on Moeller!!!
Old 11-07-17, 06:25 PM
All American

CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Like I said you are CLUELESS! It wasn't his decision to resign and I do know that from someone close to the program! You still haven't told everyone the on and off the field issues you mentioned in your previous post? Dig deep and look at the facts they don't lie. The AD played a major role in the lack of WINS the past three years. In regards to scheduling yes they do have options. Don't schedule Trinity only when Trinity has a team that can beat us. Don't schedule a national power in Bosco, don't play Iggy's and Ed's back to back. X and Elder pay teams to come to the Pit from out of town. Moeller should be doing that but you can't when you don't make any money because you only have 3 home games. Go into hibernation for the winter Rabbit!
As I've suggested previously on GCL threads complaining about how hard it is to schedule--do like Notre Dame and the ACC in football and be quasi-members of the GMC for football only and play 8 GMC games and 2 OOC games--split the GMC into two 7-team divisions and play 6 games in your division, 2 crossover games (GCL could have 2 teams in each division and that would be the crossover match-ups) and then play two local teams or Ed's or Iggy if they want to ramp up the schedule. It's doable and would reduce travel and increase attendance tremendously. Works for ND and the ACC!!
Old 11-07-17, 06:28 PM
All American

from wcpo....

Rodenberg, who led Moeller to Division I state titles in 2012 and 2013, stepped down as the Crusaders’ coach Tuesday afternoon after 10 seasons and an 80-41 record at the school

In 2012, Moeller defeated Toledo Whitmer 20-12 in the state final at Fawcett Stadium in Canton. That marked Moeller’s first state title since 1985. The Crusaders also appeared in the state final for the first time since 1997.

The Crusaders defeated Mentor 55-52 Dec. 7, 2013 at Fawcett Stadium to capture the program’s ninth state title. It marked the first time Moeller won back-to-back state football titles since 1979 and 1980.

Moeller won four Greater Catholic League South division titles under Rodenberg including two outright (2011 and 2013).

Rodenberg led CovCath to the Kentucky 3A state title in 2006.

Summary.....
10 years head coach at Moeller
4 GCL titles
2 state titles - D1
1 state semifinal
Overall 80-41 vs toughest schedule in the country
(plus another state title at Cov. Cath.)

What more does a man have to do?
Old 11-07-17, 06:38 PM
All Ohio

HSFB Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
from wcpo....

Rodenberg, who led Moeller to Division I state titles in 2012 and 2013, stepped down as the Crusadersí coach Tuesday afternoon after 10 seasons and an 80-41 record at the school

In 2012, Moeller defeated Toledo Whitmer 20-12 in the state final at Fawcett Stadium in Canton. That marked Moellerís first state title since 1985. The Crusaders also appeared in the state final for the first time since 1997.

The Crusaders defeated Mentor 55-52 Dec. 7, 2013 at Fawcett Stadium to capture the programís ninth state title. It marked the first time Moeller won back-to-back state football titles since 1979 and 1980.

Moeller won four Greater Catholic League South division titles under Rodenberg including two outright (2011 and 2013).

Rodenberg led CovCath to the Kentucky 3A state title in 2006.

Summary.....
4 GCL titles
2 state titles - D1
1 state semifinal

Just a few bad recruiting years...Moeller is going to struggle until they recruit some speed. Only chance will be scheduling GCL CO-ED until this ship can be righted...
Old 11-07-17, 06:42 PM
All District

CrusaderFan81 is on a distinguished road
It’s more the fact that after two state titles were won, his offensive coordinator left (Pat McClaughlin) for a head coaching job, he fired his defensive coordinator through collusion on the staff despite the Back to Back state titles, then followed it up with a state semi run, then 5-5, 4-6, and 4-7 seasons on loaded, D1 filled rosters. Not to mention the two losing seasons were the first losing seasons in moeller history. He doesn’t seem to have a mind for the game offensively, although when it comes to the mental aspect he has always seemed to be solid with getting players prepared when his coordinators around him are top notch.

People rip on Moeller for three straight disappointing seasons, and then tear them apart when they make a move to improve the program. Good stuff!
Old 11-07-17, 06:47 PM
All World

Vox Crusada is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Heís a Moeller graduate and his brother is in charge of admissions.
Old 11-07-17, 06:48 PM
All American

Quote:
Declining numbers in the program.
Old 11-07-17, 06:54 PM
All American

Quote:
If you donít schedule the games you say not to, Moeller would be playing a 7 game schedule. Give me facts about the teams they could have played vs, Bosco, Trinity, Edís, Iggy?
Old 11-07-17, 06:55 PM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusaderFan81 View Post
Itís more the fact that after two state titles were won, his offensive coordinator left (Pat McClaughlin) for a head coaching job, he fired his defensive coordinator through collusion on the staff despite the Back to Back state titles, then followed it up with a state semi run, then 5-5, 4-6, and 4-7 seasons on loaded, D1 filled rosters. Not to mention the two losing seasons were the first losing seasons in moeller history. He doesnít seem to have a mind for the game offensively, although when it comes to the mental aspect he has always seemed to be solid with getting players prepared when his coordinators around him are top notch.

People rip on Moeller for three straight disappointing seasons, and then tear them apart when they make a move to improve the program. Good stuff!
Are you sure it was all his coordinators? Mike Dyer had this to say and he's a very knowledgeable sports guy.

Known for his schemes on offense over the years, Rodenberg is grateful for the coaching experiences and the relationships he built with the players over the years not only at Moeller, but also at Covington Catholic and McNicholas.

Let's face it, he won with the talent that Crable developed. You will not find many people that actually know this guy tell you what a "swell guy" he was.
Old 11-07-17, 06:55 PM
All World

Vox Crusada is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Summary.....
4 GCL titles
2 state titles - D1
1 state semifinal

Well, for starters:
Donít have your assistant calling out a parent to fight during a game
Find a better place to meet with your assistants at halftime than the area outside the stadium where the fans congregate
Donít have the personality of a donkey.
Donít preside over the only losing seasons in school history
Donít miss playoffs three years in a row when half the teams qualify