Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-05-17, 09:16 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsfan60 View Post
Many of the wrestling group were also football players brought in thru Graham's program over the years.
No effect either way on BB ,m basically Childress was the only BB/Fb player. 1-2 track guys were also fb players, so at Chanel it wasn't a factor either way, he benefited from the wrestlers for sure. No other sport there actual suffered.

Not the case at the schools after.

No response to your crap about a priest vs JR, pathetic!
Perhaps you misunderstood my post. I wasn't looking for sports participation overlap among individual athletes necessarily, but whether or not the same shortcomings that you bemoan also existed on the basketball and track teams as well.

The character of Trinity HS seems to be evolving. Perhaps there is a coach there that has disagreed with you that you will later choose to blame, but I know others will blame select administrators or our Governor and state legislature.

Thanks for confirming that you don't know a dang thing about La Crosse.
Old 11-05-17, 09:25 PM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
If that even happened considering it's a random yappi guy who hates on Mentor a lot. And it's a guy speaking on what someone else told him he heard on top of that
that's fair
Old 11-05-17, 09:26 PM
All American

hsfan60 is on a distinguished road
You can drive to Wheeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Perhaps you misunderstood my post. I wasn't looking for sports participation overlap among individual athletes necessarily, but whether or not the same shortcomings that you bemoan also existed on the basketball and track teams as well.

The character of Trinity HS seems to be evolving. Perhaps there is a coach there that has disagreed with you that you will later choose to blame, but I know others will blame select administrators or our Governor and state legislature.

Thanks for confirming that you don't know a dang thing about La Crosse.
and ask him how well we know each other, was there back in May to see him, nice try at mis-information.
Old 11-05-17, 09:43 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsfan60 View Post
and ask him how well we know each other, was there back in May to see him, nice try at mis-information.
Next time you see him, ask him how many extra push-ups he would scream/command to a dumb-founded DB that slipped up and audibly mumbled, "I can't believe he's actually a priest...". There's nothing wrong with being tough or loud or even a bit profane as far as I'm concerned. It's football. Being a hypocrite is another matter.

As far as the cheating accusations go, Rotsky has so many haters that it's pretty difficult to believe that it could go unchecked for long. So many seem willing to shine a light on him that little could remain unseen. You may get your "I told you so !" moment some day, but you should really be wondering how it has eluded you for so long. He must be an evil genius to hold you horde at bay for so long now

Do you have any inclination to answer the rest of my previous post ?
Old 11-05-17, 11:39 PM
All Region

James x2 is on a distinguished road
It was the essence of wanting to win at all costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Everyone always brings up this one incident. You know why ? It's because they have nothing else. It was an isolated incident

Your coach is a scumbag and there are tons of incidents

And you are going to say Triv screams at refs ? Rotsky complains to refs every other play. In our game this year the guy was repeatedly on the field. He delayed the game at least 7 times.

Most whining and tantrums I've ever seen. So Euclid fans should be the last ones to bring up temper tantrums or complaining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sticks with people.Its called character.He whines and whips the crowd into a frenzy when things don't go his way.Ive been to a lot of Mentor games.Big games.Ive watched this.The championship game debacle could have cost that young man dearly.Triv has his warts.So does Rotsky.No denying that.Well versed on Rotsky for years before Euclid.This was not meant to compare whose a bigger azz.They both can be azzes.Scumbag?????Relax a little.I stated in an earlier post that Mentor was responsible for helping Euclid get into the G.C.C.Im not the enemy
Old 11-06-17, 12:16 AM
All American

Bball216 is on a distinguished road
Not sure what I ever said to be a Mentor hater - but whatever. I guess saying a team has a horrible defense (or telling the truth) labels one as such. That does not change what I heard happened from a coach on a staff that was present at the GCC meeting.

I don't know how often this happens or what will come of it but Euclid is getting an audit of somekind from the OHSAA. I don't know yet if it's because of something that was brought to their attention or if this is just standard monitoring. Does anybody know if this happens at other schools and if so why and how often.
Old 11-06-17, 07:50 AM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
That sticks with people.Its called character.He whines and whips the crowd into a frenzy when things don't go his way.Ive been to a lot of Mentor games.Big games.Ive watched this.The championship game debacle could have cost that young man dearly.Triv has his warts.So does Rotsky.No denying that.Well versed on Rotsky for years before Euclid.This was not meant to compare whose a bigger azz.They both can be azzes.Scumbag?????Relax a little.I stated in an earlier post that Mentor was responsible for helping Euclid get into the G.C.C.Im not the enemy

Comparing triv to Rotsky is a complete joke. Everyone can make mistakes. People bring up that one krizancic incident from 4 years ago because they have nothing else like I said. And that was more on the medical people anyways for clearing the kid to go back in ..

Anyways I'm done talking about that. Isolated incident. You have nothing else

Rotsky meanwhile has a book on him on being dirty. And he complains WAY more than triv or any other coach for that matter

Anyone who saw our game this year saw the guy on the fricken field every other play. He talked to the officials 6 or 7 times before finally being flagged for a sideline warning. Then he was on the field a ton again after. He should have been flagged the 15 yards

Guy throws more fits than any coach at the hs level by a very wide margin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-17, 08:17 AM
Varsity

Broadway Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnatianAMDG View Post
Ignatius does not accept transfers past sophomore year, unless the student is coming from another Jesuit high school. This is a long-standing policy.
http://www.cleveland.com/hssports/bl...illiams_f.html

I loved this one, Oregon to St. Ignatius...Chico recruiting the country!!!
Old 11-06-17, 08:21 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
He destroyed the culture of the school.

Why play for someone when you know you could lose your starting spot from a transfer?
Getting the kids ready for life. You can't do the job, we'll find someone who can, next man up!
Old 11-06-17, 08:31 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioFootball View Post
https://twitter.com/euclidschools/st...30824736382976
33 second mark...I guess he wants "Iggy"

1:49 mark....he believes he should have beaten Ignatius.
Did Kirchner say he didn't know #23 bc Rotzky pulled him from a local college practice and suited up for last Friday night?

All the complaining in the world won't do any good, just beat him and he stops talking.
Old 11-06-17, 08:49 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I've read 5 pages of this thread and after tuning out the fanboys and haters, I've come to the following conclusions.

Rotsky is an intense, often offensive, ego maniacal carpetbagger who may bend the rules in his quest to win football games.

Rotsky is a winner and a compassionate man who works hard and spends his own money to help inner city kids with no direction or guidance, teaching them skills and traits that will help them well beyond the football field.

Contrary to the closed minded perspectives of the fanboys and haters, Rotsky is a two-sided coin. You have to take the good with the bad. Any AD and district that hires him knows of both and has to weigh it all out and be willing to live with the consequences.
Old 11-06-17, 08:56 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I've read 5 pages of this thread and after tuning out the fanboys and haters, I've come to the following conclusions.

Rotsky is an intense, often offensive, ego maniacal carpetbagger who may bend the rules in his quest to win football games.

Rotsky is a winner and a compassionate man who works hard and spends his own money to help inner city kids with no direction or guidance, teaching them skills and traits that will help them well beyond the football field.

Contrary to the closed minded perspectives of the fanboys and haters, Rotsky is a two-sided coin. You have to take the good with the bad. Any AD and district that hires him knows of both and has to weigh it all out and be willing to live with the consequences.
Just like in real life... weigh your options and live with your decisions.
Old 11-06-17, 09:17 AM
All World

lc5397 is on a distinguished road
I think this is pretty accurate. The bad you take with the good is why he never lasts anywhere very long.

I don't 100% agree with your characterization of him as "compassionate". He generally treats people pretty horribly if they don't directly contribute to him winning on the field. While I'm sure he has helped and done right be many players over the years, at the end of the day, Rotsky is about Rotsky. It's about winning and winning as quickly as possible.

Quote:

Old 11-06-17, 09:43 AM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

How about the red flags are there and you take a big risk hiring this guy.
Old 11-06-17, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
How about the red flags are there and you take a big risk hiring this guy.
Ummm...well...duh.
Old 11-06-17, 10:36 AM
All Ohio

Lakeshore5 is on a distinguished road
Just to be clear, the kids at Maple and Euclid were all better off with presence of Rotsky. More kids participate in football at Maple and Euclid, not sure if there was a huge change at Heights and I doubt there's been a drop-off with Mac. High school sports are about the kids and when a guy, as crazy as he may be, improves the lives of the kids, I'd hope most can tolerate his antics.
Old 11-06-17, 12:58 PM
All Region

Hoban2019 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why can't you have the good without the bad? I'm sure he asks his players to change their habits. Why can't he?
Old 11-06-17, 01:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoban2019 View Post
Why can't you have the good without the bad? I'm sure he asks his players to change their habits. Why can't he?
You'd have to ask him. I'm not defending the guy, just pointing out the positives and the negatives.

Unfortunately, it's rare that the universe works that way. The yin and the yang, the good and the bad...
Old 11-06-17, 04:10 PM
All American

wow, brutal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Next time you see him, ask him how many extra push-ups he would scream/command to a dumb-founded DB that slipped up and audibly mumbled, "I can't believe he's actually a priest...". There's nothing wrong with being tough or loud or even a bit profane as far as I'm concerned. It's football. Being a hypocrite is another matter.

As far as the cheating accusations go, Rotsky has so many haters that it's pretty difficult to believe that it could go unchecked for long. So many seem willing to shine a light on him that little could remain unseen. You may get your "I told you so !" moment some day, but you should really be wondering how it has eluded you for so long. He must be an evil genius to hold you horde at bay for so long now

Do you have any inclination to answer the rest of my previous post ?
When you start using a priest to justify Jr there is nothing worth discussing anymore, we're done!

Shinning a light on past truths could kids & parents who may be caught up in the fray! not worth it! He'll have his ultimate day when it really counts!
Old 11-06-17, 04:55 PM
All Ohio

IgnatianAMDG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Joe View Post

Williams transferred from another Jesuit high school.

As I said, the school does not accept transfers past sophomore year unless they come from another Jesuit school. The only exception they might make, that I can think of, is for military families.
Old 11-06-17, 05:07 PM
Varsity

Friday night light is on a distinguished road
Of course participation goes up!! When you grab kids from outside the program to come and play you get more players.
Old 11-06-17, 06:39 PM
All American

Bball216 is on a distinguished road
There is a huge difference between turning a program around the right way and cheating. Don't let the he helps kid excuse steer you away from what a crooked coach he is.
Old 11-06-17, 06:55 PM
Varsity

Friday night light is on a distinguished road
When Hobans coach was accused of similar shenanigans on another thread in this forum the uproar calling for sanctions went on forever. When Massillon had a kid from another part of the state come to play for them it was like Watergate all over again. Why does Rotsky get a pass just because the kids he gets are from neighboring communities??? I don't see a difference at all.
Old 11-06-17, 07:21 PM
All District

BASESWIMPARENT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Furthermore, Kyle and Lombardo generally do not accept tranfers. 95% of their players come from the 8th grade to Ignatius and Ed's directly.
This is not completely accurate. Ed's seems to get many "unusual" out of state transfers almost annually. Ed's acts more like a Bishop Gorman or John Bosco or Thomas Aquinas than any other school in Ohio
Old 11-06-17, 07:25 PM
All American

Wildcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Chanel's rep took quite a hit from the bus incident.
The bus incident was with the BB program, bad things are bound to happen when there is No supervision on the bus. Nothing to do with JR at all!

There were similar incidents on the fan or fans used for football related to a trainer not at the school. Can't say for sure whether he knew or not. Hard to imagine being clueless in a small school like this when kids talk. Also probably because no coaches on board either case.
Definitely doesn't make anyone look good!
Old 11-06-17, 07:31 PM
All World

lc5397 is on a distinguished road
I'd be curious who all these out of state transfers are. I've been pretty close to the program the last eight years and can only think of one who transferred in from out of state (Kean transferred in before his junior year).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASESWIMPARENT View Post
This is not completely accurate. Ed's seems to get many "unusual" out of state transfers almost annually. Ed's acts more like a Bishop Gorman or John Bosco or Thomas Aquinas than any other school in Ohio
Old 11-06-17, 07:42 PM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They will only consider someone if they are transferring from a private school out of state. The one kid you were referring to had a family member move to Ohio for a job.

You would be surprised at how many families try to pull this off with their kids and Ed’s/Iggy turn them down. They know the value of their diploma.
Old 11-06-17, 08:06 PM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Utter nonsense.
Old 11-06-17, 08:21 PM
All American

bluengold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Joe View Post

This was a Williams family decision and not recruitment. The Ignatius administration was unaware until the day they showed up at the school to request transferring in. They allowed the transfer because the young man was coming from Portland Jesuit, a brother Jesuit high school.

Instead of speculating, just contact Williams’ father and ask why they made the move – here’s a link to his contact info at the Univ of Akron. His email address and phone # are listed.

http://gozips.com/staff.aspx?staff=1
Old 11-06-17, 08:28 PM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold View Post
This was a Williams family decision and not recruitment. The Ignatius administration was unaware until the day they showed up at the school to request transferring in. They allowed the transfer because the young man was coming from Portland Jesuit, a brother Jesuit high school.

Instead of speculating, just contact Williams’ father and ask why they made the move – here’s a link to his contact info at the Univ of Akron. His email address and phone # are listed.

http://gozips.com/staff.aspx?staff=1
Nothing you can say will justify it to people who already have their minds made up. They will point to the whopping two high-profile upperclass transfers our respective schools have had in twenty years as evidence that we are dirty.