Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-05-17, 04:00 PM
All Region

akronoldie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
And for some GREAT athletes (some not even Catholic) at private schools, that price tag is paid for them.

Hmmm...
Please provide your documentation as to the dollar amounts paid for athletes attending private schools as compared to the rest of the student body. How much does the athletic programs cost the taxpayers at the Dollar Sinks?
Old 11-05-17, 04:12 PM
All American

Bball216 is on a distinguished road
Maybe before you people pat Rotsky on the back you should talk to the coaches of other sports teams and teachers. The guy is an and is single handedly ruining other sports programs. He pressures kids into playing only football and threatens them that their spot might not be there if they don't participate in football all year long. Example Euclid had almost 40 kids out for wrestling two years ago. Last year it was 11 and this year I'm hearing less. He got into it with the baseball coach because he wanted a kid to work out with the football team after he just got off the bus from playing a baseball game. His kids are almost daily left unsupervised in the weight room / indoor track area for hours at a time and there has been damage and thefts in the sports locker rooms - by the football players. Talk to teachers and ask them what they think of the guy and ask the parents of kids who have put in the work since their freshman year only to be benched for transfer. He wears out his welcome everywhere because he thinks the whole school should kiss his and that the only sport that matters is football. While he might be a good motivator of young men he is also a cheater, a bully and a egomaniac.

Last year at the GCC coaches meeting at the end of the season when the all conference teams were selected he was called out by Trivisonno of Mentor. He said he was speaking on behalf of all the coaches and called Rotsky a cheater in front of all the GCC coaches and staffs. He said we all know you cheat and you know you cheat. Supposedly it got pretty heated. Eventually guys like him and Sonny Johnson will get turned in or caught and it will bring shame and embarrassment to the school and program. It should have happened years ago but the OHSAA has their heads up their .
Old 11-05-17, 04:15 PM
All American

hsfan60 is on a distinguished road
Totally agree with that side effect also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Maybe before you people pat Rotsky on the back you should talk to the coaches of other sports teams and teachers. The guy is an and is single handedly ruining other sports programs. He pressures kids into playing only football and threatens them that their spot might not be there if they don't participate in football all year long. Example Euclid had almost 40 kids out for wrestling two years ago. Last year it was 11 and this year I'm hearing less. He got into it with the baseball coach because he wanted a kid to work out with the football team after he just got off the bus from playing a baseball game. His kids are almost daily left unsupervised in the weight room / indoor track area for hours at a time and there has been damage and thefts in the sports locker rooms - by the football players. Talk to teachers and ask them what they think of the guy and ask the parents of kids who have put in the work since their freshman year only to be benched for transfer. He wears out his welcome everywhere because he thinks the whole school should kiss his and that the only sport that matters is football. While he might be a good motivator of young men he is also a cheater, a bully and a egomaniac.

Last year at the GCC coaches meeting at the end of the season when the all conference teams were selected he was called out by Trivisonno of Mentor. He said he was speaking on behalf of all the coaches and called Rotsky a cheater in front of all the GCC coaches and staffs. He said we all know you cheat and you know you cheat. Supposedly it got pretty heated. Eventually guys like him and Sonny Johnson will get turned in or caught and it will bring shame and embarrassment to the school and program. It should have happened years ago but the OHSAA has their heads up their .
Me. I and my kinda guy!
Old 11-05-17, 04:19 PM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by akronoldie View Post
Public schools have have two types of open enrollment. In one type that can except students from the contiguous school districts. In the other type, they can except students from any area in Ohio. The second type could have the entire teams from St. Ignatius, St. Edward, Elder, Moeller and St. Xavier transfer to their schools, so whats the question?

Big difference. If publics have open enrollment they have to take ANY kid from the vast area in which they allow kids to attend their school

Privates schools can draw from wherever AND pick and choose their entire student body

Public schools therefore could be way overpopulated if they are attractive. They can't pick and choose athletes or academics either. Could get a lot of slackers with that setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-17, 04:57 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hmmm, makes me wonder if Triv and Rotsky shook hands after Mentor's last second FG beat Euclid this year.
Old 11-05-17, 05:12 PM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Seems pretty classless of Triv to air things out in that manner.
Old 11-05-17, 05:20 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lep2002 View Post
How good of a coach does everyone think he is? Wherever he goes the teams seem to become really good. He won a state title at Chanel (RIP) and built the program at Maple Heights that won a state title a year or two after he left. He did good work at Cleveland Heights before leaving for Euclid and turning them into a darn good team.

Is he a controversial figure in Cleveland? He certainly doesn't come from your typical coaching background...being a successful financial advisor for Morgan Stanley. Will he ever stay at a school long enough to build a legacy there or will he just continue to go from one East side of Cleveland program to another?
This is all your fault! LOL.
Old 11-05-17, 05:26 PM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsfan60 View Post
"culture of the school" not in the way you put it or applied. Chanel was and had been a diverse school for quit awhile, too it's benefit.
It was the way he treated people in the school and not all players were treated the same.
I don't think you have to constantly swear and belittle kids to get them to play and then say I'm loving and building them up after. If that is the only way you can coach you should not be in education at all, imho!
Culture = b :the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group; also :the characteristic features of everyday existence (such as diversions or a way of life) shared by people in a place or time

Im referring to the social group. The mentality was to win at all costs.
Old 11-05-17, 05:29 PM
All Yappi

Was Rotsky the coach at Chanel when the infamous school bus incident took place?
Old 11-05-17, 05:29 PM
Junior Varsity

NEOhioFootball is on a distinguished road
https://twitter.com/euclidschools/st...30824736382976
33 second mark...I guess he wants "Iggy"

1:49 mark....he believes he should have beaten Ignatius.
Old 11-05-17, 06:07 PM
All Region

James x2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

If all that is going on at the highschool than I would expect the guy to get $hitcanned soon by the Euclid A.D. Then all this will go away.
Old 11-05-17, 07:05 PM
All American

Lep2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Can anyone from Mentor confirm if this is true? If so it makes Triv look like a clown.
Old 11-05-17, 07:07 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Culture = b :the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group; also :the characteristic features of everyday existence (such as diversions or a way of life) shared by people in a place or time

Im referring to the social group. The mentality was to win at all costs.
Ok but those are just buzz words. What exactly is it that you are talking about?
Old 11-05-17, 07:37 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest
Convincing a kid there are better options than the present situation? Showing the kid the way isn't as hard and unclimbable as he has been led to believe? This is "lunatic" to you?

Being facetious?

Obsessed? Yeah. The kind of guy that sees time running out? Yeah. Selfish? No.

Only wins on talent he recruits? Don't know, it's kind of beside the point. Doesn't seem to be his overall driving motivation.

Read to me like a man who "get's it," even more impressive given he never lived it. His words didn't come to me as someone whose goal was to win at any cost. Read to me like a guy who was sacrificing to teach young people who'd never directly viewed outside world success, how it can be achieved.

When you grow up "in" the neighborhood, where there is little success, it's easy to think people like him, people from "Gates Mills" have it handed to them. To a point, there's no denying the advantage and there's a certain amount of made luck starting ahead but that can translate to anyone from anywhere, if they're shown the possibility. We have these debates all the time, those that think it is "easy" to succeed." It's impossible if you're not shown a way. If the parents have never seen it, don't know how to teach it, doesn't mean they don't love, sacrifice and care for their children. It just means they don't have the experience and a skill to help their child move up. A man like this comes in and helps them is lunatic?

It's terrific that a man like this would come in where he's out of place, not of the culture or the neighborhood or the educational environment and put it on the line to at least try. This is what a "coach" does. No one puts in more time for less money than the coaching staff at a high school. If that's "lunatic," then so be it.
Yeah he and Ted Ginn are saints
Not sure what point if any you were attempting to make nor why you brought another coach into the discussion? I don't think Sainthood is a requirement nor a reality be it these or be it St. Iggy. These are people making a difference.

Now in the case of Coaches Kyle and Ginn, yes I can see money being made, though I doubt that the motivations. This guy is already rich, why in your negative opinion is he coaching in these schools as opposed to ones where he could be making business connections or other concrete profit?

I know only that article, which someone thought reflected badly on him, where's I saw positives. You seem to know otherwise, so, what's his nefarious goal?
Old 11-05-17, 07:45 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Not sure what point if any you were attempting to make nor why you brought another coach into the discussion? I don't think Sainthood is a requirement nor a reality be it these or be it St. Iggy. These are people making a difference.

Now in the case of Coaches Kyle and Ginn, yes I can see money being made, though I doubt that the motivations. This guy is already rich, why in your negative opinion is he coaching in these schools as opposed to ones where he could be making business connections or other concrete profit?

I know only that article, which someone thought reflected badly on him, where's I saw positives. You seem to know otherwise, so, what's his nefarious goal?
My point is they make a "difference" for kids who can make a difference for their team. They aren't out recruiting the 130 pound kid that plays in the band.

Its self serving and people want to canonize them for it.
Old 11-05-17, 08:01 PM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lep2002 View Post
Ok but those are just buzz words. What exactly is it that you are talking about?
Rotsky destroyed the reputation of Chanel. Because of Rotsky, Chanel had a reputation of a being a dirty school and and being an academic joke.
Old 11-05-17, 08:13 PM
All American

Bball216 is on a distinguished road
Supposedly Trivisonno was speaking on behalf of ALL of the other GCC coaches. Not sure who picked him to speak or if it was his initiative. I know there is no love lost between those two. I heard the story from a very very reliable source with inside information of the meeting. Also there are rumblings but I cannot confirm that things between Rotsky and the Euclid AD are not as rosey as they were in the past. Seems to be his MO. I would love to see both gone actually.
Old 11-05-17, 08:16 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsfan60 View Post
Really? Congrats the lowest post ever by you, not surprised!
So, you are calling my friends liars ? Did you know LaCrosse ? Ever attend a Chanel practice in the late 70's, early 80's ?

I say you play favorites based upon a narrow-minded set of standards, those who agree with your assessments, and that you have a selective memory and really don't know yer azz from yer elbow. How about that ?
Old 11-05-17, 08:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Quite surpring to hear, if accurate.
Old 11-05-17, 08:37 PM
All American

Quote:
Rotsky destroyed the reputation of Chanel. Because of Rotsky, Chanel had a reputation of a being a dirty school and and being an academic joke.
Why? What did he do? What are some examples of him destroying Chanel's reputation?
Old 11-05-17, 08:40 PM
All Yappi

Chanel's rep took quite a hit from the bus incident.
Old 11-05-17, 08:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The wrestling program was pretty highly regarded. Did Chanel basketball finish with a strong batch of student athletes ? Track team solid ?
Old 11-05-17, 08:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Chanel's rep took quite a hit from the bus incident.
Go on...
Old 11-05-17, 08:54 PM
All Region

James x2 is on a distinguished road
Triv's a whiner in his own right

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Quite surpring to hear, if accurate.
Ive watched him beyatch & moan frequently to the refs during games.Heard him make silly quotes in the papers after losses.He is so desperate for that elusive title that it still to this day seems ridiculous he let Krizancic go back in after getting knocked silly in the waning moments of the title game loss to Moeller.Sam Hubbard of OSU was a free safety that met him helmet to helmet that day.Just saying that Triv's not the one to deliver any message if there is one to deliver.Sorry to the Mentor fans ,not trying to start a border war here.

Last edited by James x2; 11-05-17 at 08:56 PM. Reason: add to post
Old 11-05-17, 08:54 PM
All American

Actually a reverse effect at Chanel, to be fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
The wrestling program was pretty highly regarded. Did Chanel basketball finish with a strong batch of student athletes ? Track team solid ?
Many of the wrestling group were also football players brought in thru Graham's program over the years.
No effect either way on BB ,m basically Childress was the only BB/Fb player. 1-2 track guys were also fb players, so at Chanel it wasn't a factor either way, he benefited from the wrestlers for sure. No other sport there actual suffered.

Not the case at the schools after.

No response to your crap about a priest vs JR, pathetic!
Old 11-05-17, 09:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

If that even happened considering it's a random yappi guy who hates on Mentor a lot. And it's a guy speaking on what someone else told him he heard on top of that

Old 11-05-17, 09:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
If all that is going on at the highschool than I would expect the guy to get $hitcanned soon by the Euclid A.D. Then all this will go away.
Pretty much
Old 11-05-17, 09:02 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I would say that if one guy who coaches one sport, who is not in the building during the day, destroys the reputation of an entire school, that's on the school's administrators. Kind of a "lack of institutional control" thing.
Old 11-05-17, 09:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
Ive watched him beyatch & moan frequently to the refs during games.Heard him make silly quotes in the papers after losses.He is so desperate for that elusive title that it still to this day seems ridiculous he let Krizancic go back in after getting knocked silly in the waning moments of the title game loss to Moeller.Sam Hubbard of OSU was a free safety that met him helmet to helmet that day.Just saying that Triv's not the one to deliver any message if there is one to deliver.Sorry to the Mentor fans ,not trying to start a border war here.

Everyone always brings up this one incident. You know why ? It's because they have nothing else. It was an isolated incident

Your coach is a scumbag and there are tons of incidents

And you are going to say Triv screams at refs ? Rotsky complains to refs every other play. In our game this year the guy was repeatedly on the field. He delayed the game at least 7 times.

Most whining and tantrums I've ever seen. So Euclid fans should be the last ones to bring up temper tantrums or complaining

Old 11-05-17, 09:07 PM
All American

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I would say that if one guy who coaches one sport, who is not in the building during the day, destroys the reputation of an entire school, that's on the school's administrators. Kind of a "lack of institutional control" thing.
Bullied into silence, very sad in retrospect.