Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-13-17, 12:58 PM
All District

1995 is on a distinguished road
One of there non league games is Davidson. Not their fault they have been down. Also played Findley. Playoff team that was down as well. Played Watterson too. That game is in the middle of the year do to Mt. Vernon leaving the league. New Albany is playing In the Regional Finals.
Old 11-13-17, 02:35 PM
Varsity

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
Yes, those teams are lower division teams. I am talking about scheduling a team like St. X, Moeller... one of the big private schools that you know is going to be really good. If you schedule 2 games vs those types of teams, you may get exposed but that should help you address issues that you might otherwise never knew existed.
Old 11-13-17, 03:40 PM
All District

uncle_rico is an unknown quantity at this point
Findlay a playoff team? Not a chance. Watterson is flat out awful with no real hope in sight. Yes I know New Albany is in the D2 regional finals but they were 6-4 and had a really weak schedule. If Bradley wants to make noise in the playoffs, they have to beef up their schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-17, 03:43 PM
All District

PCTigerTrackCoach is on a distinguished road
Renegade 1yr Rental QB isn't a compliment is it? Maybe I'm out of the new complimentary loop
Old 11-13-17, 03:57 PM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCTigerTrackCoach View Post
Renegade 1yr Rental QB isn't a compliment is it? Maybe I'm out of the new complimentary loop
Didn't say that til this thread when I heard they had a pretty good jr already there. I doubt I would ever "complement" a player that had moved to several different HSs as LF did. Maybe my comment was too harsh which I already stated. Even tho legal, when one moves around or does the red shirt thing they are putting themselves out there for scrutiny, right or wrong.
Again my comments are more with the coach than the kid anyways. Also as already stated.
Old 11-13-17, 04:07 PM
Junior Varsity

Hillibuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthelites View Post
I heard last yr when the stud receiver went down early, he was scouting the basketball team looking for tall kids to play for him at the split. Didn't matter if they didn't bust their nut all summer with the other guys. Smh???
This is a fact...picked up two kids to join the team 2nd week into the schedule after Taylor went down. Both kids played over players that had busted their hump through winter and summer lifting/conditioning. It sent a terrible message to kids on the roster and did not sit well with many of the Bradley faithful.
Old 11-13-17, 04:45 PM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
No one said it was a compliment , simply stating a fact isn't bashing , the word renegade? OK the more correct word might be refugee ? Just semantics, take it easy , his take is it is lousy for kids to be I the program for a few years with a chance to start and the someone comes in and takes the job.

It happens sometimes in many sports , some kids leave a school in a district they have gone to for a decade or more and paly for their arch rival to get more playing time or they can't beat out the guy there at a particular position .

No one is saying the parent is a bad person or the kid isn't a good kid , but it what it is right? The kid went ton how many High Schools ? A poster who may or may not be the actual parent posted for the first time that anyone commenting is pathetic and a loser and we don't know the circumstances and says it wasn't just for football .

OK I know I hate moving never mind 3 times in 3 years if the family actually moved that is , if so god bless them .
Old 11-13-17, 05:05 PM
Junior Varsity

Hillibuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_rico View Post
Findlay a playoff team? Not a chance. Watterson is flat out awful with no real hope in sight. Yes I know New Albany is in the D2 regional finals but they were 6-4 and had a really weak schedule. If Bradley wants to make noise in the playoffs, they have to beef up their schedule.

Agree with this but what I think 1995 was saying about Findlay is that they were a playoff team last year. At the time when that game was scheduled it didn't seem like such a bad matchup and wasn't a sure win.

The home and home with Watterson should have never been scheduled imo. I don't see any benefit of a D1 program scheduling any D3 team but this might have been a late add when OCC Cardinal teams were scrambling to fill a hole in their schedule from Mt. Vernon leaving.

I would love to see Bradley schedule one of the Cincy or Cleveland powers. Last season they did schedule St. X for a JV game and Bradley hung tough, think the final was 14-7 X. Maybe that was Bradley sticking their toe in the water with scheduling some of the states big boys but I doubt it.

Even a local power like one of the Pickerington schools or Olentangy's or Coffman would be fun.
Old 11-13-17, 05:13 PM
Freshman

footballfan18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
No one said it was a compliment , simply stating a fact isn't bashing , the word renegade? OK the more correct word might be refugee ? Just semantics, take it easy , his take is it is lousy for kids to be I the program for a few years with a chance to start and the someone comes in and takes the job.

It happens sometimes in many sports , some kids leave a school in a district they have gone to for a decade or more and paly for their arch rival to get more playing time or they can't beat out the guy there at a particular position .

No one is saying the parent is a bad person or the kid isn't a good kid , but it what it is right? The kid went ton how many High Schools ? A poster who may or may not be the actual parent posted for the first time that anyone commenting is pathetic and a loser and we don't know the circumstances and says it wasn't just for football .

OK I know I hate moving never mind 3 times in 3 years if the family actually moved that is , if so god bless them .

To the person(s) who thinks Iím Mr. Stewart, Iím actually NOT Mr. Stewart. Iím sure he would have a lot to say if he were to see this thread though. I AM a very good family friend though and have a player on the team who is also a good friend of the QB.

I think this thread has turned into something totally ridiculous. It was supposed to be about the game last week and has turned into something else. Whether it is jealousy from the other side of town or jealousy from Dads on the team whoís kids didnít get to start. Get over yourselves.

I still feel the same. You ARE pathetic going online making accusations about coaches and families who you do not even know. What if the tables were turned and your kid was in this situation and had no say in whether he got to move or not.

People move in and out of schools ALL the time. You say ď...it is lousy for kids to be I the program for a few years with a chance to start and the someone comes in and takes the job.Ē And? It would be pretty lousy for a kid with a lot of talent to move in and never be given a chance either, right? You move to a new school and are told ďsorryĒ Joey has lived here longer than you, so he gets to play this year. Is this a Union? Are we supposed to go by seniority now?

Just get over yourselves and leave the QB talk and bashing Loparo alone. I mean seriously. Can we just change the subject to Pick Central and how they could go all the way this year? Or wait, do you have some Picktown coaches and players you want to talk negatively about from their community too?

Old 11-13-17, 05:16 PM
All American

My thought is it DOES help to play a tough team , it provides a clarity to what you have and as importantly don't have , but in reality I feel if in say week 1 or 4 or 5 they play a heavyweight or a more competitive program like a Liberty Orange Olentangy or Coffman as you stated , they still lose to this years edition of PC who is big strong fast and experienced . Playing even two tougher opponents that would have pushed them into the 4th quarter helps them but it doesn't make them markedly more competitive vs PN or PC this year anyway
Old 11-13-17, 05:21 PM
All American

What are we accusing anyone of exactly ? I have no problem with a kid especially a QB moving to get himself in a better system or a better opportunity , I really don't , but you make little to no sense when you say 'What if you were the parent and the kid had no say whether he got to move or not ? UMM parents have all the say , and I for one isn't for moving my family around a few times putting them into 3 different high schools in as many years to do what ? play in a better system ? Parents have no say this was a forced move by who ? ? Kid was forced to move against his will ? Not sure what you are saying here exactly .

Kids do transfer more than ever, but usually not three times in a HS 4 year career is all . When in doubt go to the jealousy card, it's a go to move that is very predictable but is a defensive mechanism of the highest order .
Old 11-13-17, 05:26 PM
Freshman

Quote:
What are we accusing anyone of exactly ? I have no problem with a kid especially a QB moving to get himself in a better system or a better opportunity , I really don't , but you make little to no sense when you say 'What if you were the parent and the kid had no say whether he got to move or not ? UMM parents have all the say , and I for one isn't for moving my family around a few times putting them into 3 different high schools in as many years to do what ? play in a better system ? Parents have no say this was a forced move by who ? ? Kid was forced to move against his will ? Not sure what you are saying here exactly .

I said, ďWhat if the tables were turned and your kid was in this situation and had no say in whether he got to move or not.Ē I meant that as in the KID has no say in whether or not he got to move. Not the parents. Sorry if that was not clear.

Old 11-13-17, 05:28 PM
All American

Ok got it , and I do feel bad that a kid has to move that many times while in HS, tough time to leave friends , but this last one was great obviously with the great receivers in place, a great coincidence I must say
Old 11-13-17, 05:30 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Ok got it , and I do feel bad that a kid has to move that many times while in HS, tough time to leave friends , but this last one was great obviously with the great receivers in place, a great coincidence I must say

Thank you. Iím glad it worked out so well for him. He really fit in great with the guys at Bradley. They took him in like he was was of theirs for years. They are a great group of kids.

Old 11-13-17, 05:38 PM
All American

I agree , wish him well as he goes to college , I am not a Hilliard guy as most out here already know but have no problem with Bradley and it's cool they got their first play-off win and this was their best team in their short history . Some of their conference foes fans have more of a problem with Loparo than I do for obvious reasons .

Losing to Pick C'S 2017 edition should elicit no shame from the Bradley faithful certainly , they had a great year and lost to a team that may be goes to the state final
Old 11-13-17, 05:44 PM
All District

uncle_rico is an unknown quantity at this point
Not that it matters, but Bradley was his 4th HS. That's a lot of U-Hauls and spirit wear. He had a good year though and glad it all worked out for him.

Old 11-13-17, 05:47 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
I think the whole schedule thing is way overblown. Bradley wasn't going to beat Picktown North or Central regardless of scheduling the Cincinnati or Cleveland private schools. You either have the talent and execution or you don't to win it all.

Now, I would say that getting rid of someone like Watterson at this point probably makes sense, because their program has really tanked lately. I don't know about anyone else, but I find it shocking that they are a 2-8/3-7 program these days.

If you had predicted that in 2010, I'd have told you that you were nuts. I don't think anyone would bat an eye at scheduling someone like Watterson in 2010.

I don't think scheduling New Albany is bad at all. They're a lot better than a lot of DI teams out there. If Bradley was scheduling some DV team, I could see the point, but New Albany is a very good DII program. I wouldn't schedule a DI team for the sake of saying, "Hey, at least it's not a DII team."
Old 11-13-17, 05:47 PM
Freshman

Week 12: Pickerington Central vs Hilliard Bradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_rico View Post
Not that it matters, but Bradley was his 4th HS. That's a lot of U-Hauls and spirit wear. He had a good year though and glad it all worked out for him.

Again....people that donít know what they are talking about. It was his 3rd HS. He went to CW his Freshman and half of soph year. Moved to Kilbourne and attended last half of soph year and first half of Jr year. Has been at Bradley since last Jan. of his Jr year.

Old 11-13-17, 05:50 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan18 View Post
Thank you. Iím glad it worked out so well for him. He really fit in great with the guys at Bradley. They took him in like he was was of theirs for years. They are a great group of kids.

My nephew moved to Bradley last year as a sophomore. He wasnít recruited and didnít move there for athletics. His parents bought a house. Anyway, he played last year but open enrolled back to his old school because he just didnít fit in well. Part of was on him as he grew up at a school much different than Bradley. Definitely didnít feel welcomed though.
A few kids kept messing with him me and his dad told him to beat the kids and take the suspension but he didnít want to go that route so he took care of it off of school grounds. Then decided to go ahead and transfer anyway.
Old 11-14-17, 09:23 AM
All District

So you guys are saying, Bradley has had a couple of good years. Now its time to go schedule X and Moeller. Come on!! I am amazed by how the other side of Hilliard worry so much about what goes on at WALKER ROAD. How worry about what is going on on Davidson and Leppert Rd.
Old 11-14-17, 11:19 AM
All District

Tiger Alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995 View Post
So you guys are saying, Bradley has had a couple of good years. Now its time to go schedule X and Moeller. Come on!! I am amazed by how the other side of Hilliard worry so much about what goes on at WALKER ROAD. How worry about what is going on on Davidson and Leppert Rd.
Davidson and Leppert ?
No or little recruiting, that's for sure.Can you say the same for Bradley? To be fair,I totally get why if you are a talented receiver or QB that lives in Hilliard,why you would want to play for Bradley and maybe THAT factors into alot of their recent success the last 2 years. Just don't try to tell me Loparo isn't active on the recruiting trail. Too many very good tall receivers and very good QB's the last 2 years to be a coincidence IMO.
I'm proud of the success of Davidson and Darby without really having to supplement their rosters with transfers all the time to have the the success they have had.
I'm old fashioned that way though. Where I grew up,you played for the school where you lived and that was that. To me I would take more pride in that way of winning. Times have changed so I guess everything goes now but I don't have to like it.
Old 11-14-17, 01:11 PM
All District

That's the Road they sit on. So the years Davidson won the State Every kid that played a roll in them winning was home grown. I think not. You might want to go back check the rosters. The RB at Davidson The Day kid at Darby. I am sure that they didn't Go to Hilliard middle schools.
Old 11-14-17, 03:26 PM
All District

Tiger Alum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995 View Post
That's the Road they sit on. So the years Davidson won the State Every kid that played a roll in them winning was home grown. I think not. You might want to go back check the rosters. The RB at Davidson The Day kid at Darby. I am sure that they didn't Go to Hilliard middle schools.
Oh they have had a few but less than most successful programs.It's more the system than anything else.That system is one of the few in Central Ohio the last 17 years that has proven to have a chance to compete and possibly win against the big boys in Division 1 and sometimes win a state title. Keeps the games close and usually gives you a chance to win.Ball control.If Loparo wants to play jump ball offense with his homegrown QB's and receivers,that's fine but he will probably never have a long playoff run.
Old 11-14-17, 08:25 PM
All District

Bradley has 3 players on this years roster that didn’t go to a Hilliard middle school I bet if you take a close look at most high school rosters that would be about the same. Bradley also rushed for 2,000 yards. You can call it jump ball all you want. But if teams have a hard time covering the post. Then they will throw it there. The team that wins the D1 state championship most likely be running the spread. The option and ball control is a great offense and Davidson runs it as good as anybody. They have built a great tradition doing that. The thing that gets over looked when they won the state. Is they had great defense. That is what allowed them to run that offense. So I guess pick a offense that suits your kids and coach the sh** out of it. That's how you win. Don't worry about what others are doing. Don't worry about which program is "Hilliard made" and which one isnt.

Also I think there is a Pickerington Central alum on Darby’s staff. Do you happen to know him? I heard he was a good dude.

Last edited by 1995; 11-14-17 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-14-17, 08:54 PM
All District

PCTigerTrackCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthelites View Post
"complement"
😂😂😂😂😂😂
Old 11-14-17, 09:06 PM
All District

Another thing 98 students have moved into Bradley since the start of the 2nd semester of last year(2016). 2 of these 98 played football. Roughly 2%. 57 students moved out. 2 of those played football. Roughly 3.5%. So percentage wise Bradley is losing the recruiting battle.
Old 11-14-17, 09:10 PM
All American

Of course 1 of the 2 was the QB , just a coincidence that a " FRIEND" of the QB'S family told us he didn't come to Bradley his third HS of his long illustrious career to play football at all it was the ??? hmmm errr the food service department or the three car garage he could get in West Hilliard
Old 11-14-17, 09:38 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Of course 1 of the 2 was the QB , just a coincidence that a " FRIEND" of the QB'S family told us he didn't come to Bradley his third HS of his long illustrious career to play football at all it was the ??? hmmm errr the food service department or the three car garage he could get in West Hilliard

I have no idea what any of this means? Food service dept? 3 car garage in west Hilliard?

Old 11-14-17, 10:00 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Alum View Post
Oh they have had a few but less than most successful programs.It's more the system than anything else.That system is one of the few in Central Ohio the last 17 years that has proven to have a chance to compete and possibly win against the big boys in Division 1 and sometimes win a state title. Keeps the games close and usually gives you a chance to win.Ball control.If Loparo wants to play jump ball offense with his homegrown QB's and receivers,that's fine but he will probably never have a long playoff run.
I canít stand the triple option and donít understand why coaches use it. I think itís an option for teams that donít have a lot of high caliber athletes. That offense doesnít develop the skill sets required for the next level unless you are going to a service academy or Georgia Tech. Linemen donít learn how to pass block, receivers donít receive, QBs donít throw and if you get behind, your screwed. If our coach decided to go to a triple option offense, we would be out of here tomorrow. Not too many skill players are going to transfer in to a triple option team so Bradley is going to get more transfers because of their offensive philosophy.
Having said that, I hate playing against the triple option with all of the blocking schemes and cut blocks.
Old 11-15-17, 01:32 AM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
Spelling check smacktalk is so fresh trackcoach. NOT!