Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-06-17, 11:24 AM
All Region

Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
My point isnít the computer points. What I am saying is that Centralís schedule was significantly more difficult than Bradleyís and that Bradley most likely would have been a 7-3, 6-4 team if they played that schedule. That doesnít mean they canít win this game as they have some weapons.
And I agree with you. My point is D3 is still D3.
Old 11-07-17, 10:56 AM
All District

PCTigerTrackCoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picktowncentral View Post
Divisions are decided by enrolment and competitive balance. Of course, there are different caliber teams in each division given various circumstances. However, according to Harbins, a win over Marion Franklin is worth the same as a win over Trotwood (disregarding L2's). Same as a win over Groveport is worth the same as a win over Cincinnati Moeller.
We know this is semantics tho..... Hartley is better than every D3 Columbus City school because they can get kids from every area without the backlash a Pickerington school would face. Enrollment numbers don't mean much when the football players go there to play football, and Hartley doesn't have just 27 kids on the team, They look like Central when they lace up and Independence looks like our 8th grade team
Old 11-08-17, 11:44 AM
All Ohio

DSA is on a distinguished road
Would love to see Central destroy Bradley.
Old 11-08-17, 05:35 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
http://www.thisweeknews.com/sports/2...y-for-showdown

It's interesting that the article doesn't say anything about Bradley's pass protection versus Central's blitz. My take is that's probably going to be where the game is won or lost. Since Bradley has two good WRs, I'd probably go max protect, and see if the Bradley WRs can beat the Central CBs one-on-one. That would stop a lot of blitzing real fast.
Old 11-09-17, 09:40 AM
All Ohio

OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Pick Central by 3.
Old 11-09-17, 11:12 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerWildcat View Post
http://www.thisweeknews.com/sports/2...y-for-showdown

It's interesting that the article doesn't say anything about Bradley's pass protection versus Central's blitz. My take is that's probably going to be where the game is won or lost. Since Bradley has two good WRs, I'd probably go max protect, and see if the Bradley WRs can beat the Central CBs one-on-one. That would stop a lot of blitzing real fast.
I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few personal foul penalties against the Tigers for unnecessary roughness on the quick passes.
Old 11-09-17, 04:08 PM
All Ohio

TCSoup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Count View Post
While DeSales stadium is nice, I am not sure it will be large enough for this game. With Darby & Davidson both out, I am sure many of their fans will follow Bradley since the Hilliards are known to follow one another. Pickerington Central always travels well and will easily over fill the visiting stands at DeSales.

I think DeSales seating capacity is 4000.

The other problem with DeSales is parking and traffic back-ups on Karl Road. There is one way into and one way out of that stadium for all spectators, teams, etc.
I would plan on arriving extra early for this one.
Visitor side sits 3,000 home side sits 3,500

they have had as many as 10,000 in the Stadium for Watterson game.
but that was before some adjustments around the stadium .
would say 7,500 - 8,000 with standing room.

There is room around the track in the North End Zone if you wish to stand.
Also on both Home and Visitor side there is some standing room up on some small hills on South side of both stands.
Old 11-10-17, 06:47 AM
All Region

Gameday!

Go Tigers!
Old 11-10-17, 12:00 PM
All District

uncle_rico is an unknown quantity at this point
Bradley relies on the big play to score quickly but those will be limited tonight. I see PC putting up points on sustained drives and their DBs will hold Bradley's WRs in check. 28-17 PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-17, 04:03 PM
Freshman

CHUCKYDUCK is on a distinguished road
Central rolls in this one. Bradley's schedule was weak at best. This game will be over at the half. Central will be up by 3 TD's by then. Running clock for 4th. 48-7 Tigers.
Old 11-10-17, 05:56 PM
All Region

38-20 Tigers
Old 11-10-17, 11:29 PM
All Region

Great game by PC. Terrible officiating seemed to keep Bradley in it.
Old 11-10-17, 11:31 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picktowncentral View Post
Great game by PC. Terrible officiating seemed to keep Bradley in it.
Probably the same refs from the North game
Old 11-11-17, 07:50 AM
All District

The game went as expected, except I didn't think Bradley would self-destruct like it did. Then again, it shouldn't come as a surprise for a LoParo coached team.

Old 11-11-17, 08:08 AM
Junior Varsity

Hillibuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillibuck View Post
Tough matchup for Bradley. I think Pick Central's d-line and the pressure that their defense will bring on Bradley's QB will be the difference. He hasn't seen much pressure all season including the game last night with Fairmont. That will all change against PC and I think it will make it tough for Bradley to score and may lead to some turnover opportunities for Central.
I think I nailed it here unfortunately...a pick 6 and 3 TD's from short fields after INT's blew this game wide open. The game was not close at 42-17 until the Bradley backup QB came in and threw 2 late TD's to make the score somewhat respectable.

Pick Central definitely has the athletes to win the whole thing but they need to reign in the penalties if they are going to have a chance. Half a dozen offsides, a couple of personal fouls along with a few other penalties was helping keep Bradley in the game in the 1st half.

I was impressed with PC's physicality and their size...they made Bradley look small all across the field. Very, very impressive team physically.

Good luck next week PC!
Old 11-11-17, 11:31 AM
All World

Lambeau Fields is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_rico View Post
The game went as expected, except I didn't think Bradley would self-destruct like it did. Then again, it shouldn't come as a surprise for a LoParo coached team.

Agreed. You can always count on one melt down game per year from any Loparo coached team. That being said, they wouldn't have beaten Pick Central had they played error free.

Bradley's bench is pretty thin heading in to next year. He's going to have to hit the recruiting trail pretty hard to keep things going.
Old 11-11-17, 01:15 PM
All American

Bo Kimble is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambeau Fields View Post
Agreed. You can always count on one melt down game per year from any Loparo coached team. That being said, they wouldn't have beaten Pick Central had they played error free.

Bradley's bench is pretty thin heading in to next year. He's going to have to hit the recruiting trail pretty hard to keep things going.
Easy... I think he's done a good job and won everywhere he's ever been
Old 11-11-17, 02:32 PM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think anyone has said he's a loser as a coach and they are aware of his record but he has had times where his teams have had really head shaking performances where they really lay eggs. Some years I think his talent has exceeded the record somewhat . First play-off berth last year may be a bit later than some thought ?

First play-off win this year , program is going in the right direction , BUT again I think it is correct from those inside or closer to the program or some others with knowledge realize he ahs had some fortunate transfers as well which was where the recruiting jab came from .

Loparo also has been charged with throwing deep late in blowout wins ? may be not calling off the dogs before chunks of flesh are ripped from other teams?

The cupboard does appear to be a little less full the next couple years? So may be there will be openings that kids and of course their parents from other programs might see and like the free wheeling offense and jump?
Old 11-11-17, 06:14 PM
Junior Varsity

Hillibuck is on a distinguished road
Bradley will be good enough next year to compete for the Cardinal crown as well as make another playoff appearance. The current junior class is strong and experienced and is filled with skill players. It is complimented by a sophomore class that is strong and deep in linemen but lacking in skill players.

Defensively they will return 7 starters with the entire defensive line, one linebacker (Blauser - OCC Cardinal defensive POY) and two secondary players coming back.

Offensively they will return 6 starters. You don't replace a receiving combo like Taylor and Anderson but the Jags will still have some weapons in Buehl and Richards at tailback and Warner and Hummel at receiver. They also have a junior QB returning who, according to the coaches, was not a drop-off from Stewart this season. He looked good against PC throwing a couple of TD's late.

Word is there is a speedy transfer already on board who could help on offense as well next season (coach must have hit the recruiting trail early this year).

After the junior class the talent does start to thin out some...after next season I could see Bradley slip back to the middle of the pack in the OCC Cardinal.
Old 11-12-17, 05:38 PM
All District

Bradley will finish at worst 8-2 just because their schedule is so weak. 9-1 is possible but 7-3 wouldn't surprise me as Loparo's teams always lose at least 1 game they shouldn't. Their WRs won them a lot of games this year which opened up the running game. Teams next year will be able to key on the run more, unless they get some top level transfers. Bradley's pass D has always been an issue as well but luckily for them they don't face many teams with a strong passing attack. I agree though that after next year their cupboard is pretty bare.

Old 11-13-17, 12:35 AM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
So you bring in a renegade one yr rental at QB over a talented jr who would have had great experience if he started this yr?? And it looks and sounds he he prolly wouldn't have even been a drop off. That's why people scratch their head with this guy lp. I heard last yr when the stud receiver went down early, he was scouting the basketball team looking for tall kids to play for him at the split. Didn't matter if they didn't bust their nut all summer with the other guys. Smh???
Not to pile on but I got a lot friends over walker way that don't say many good things about the guy.
Old 11-13-17, 12:50 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthelites View Post
So you bring in a renegade one yr rental at QB over a talented jr who would have had great experience if he started this yr?? And it looks and sounds he he prolly wouldn't have even been a drop off. That's why people scratch their head with this guy lp. I heard last yr when the stud receiver went down early, he was scouting the basketball team looking for tall kids to play for him at the split. Didn't matter if they didn't bust their nut all summer with the other guys. Smh???
Not to pile on but I got a lot friends over walker way that don't say many good things about the guy.
This is how grown men refer to high school kids nowadays? Wow!
Old 11-13-17, 04:57 AM
All American

He was mainly talking about the coach , what disparaging remark did he say about a kid ?
Old 11-13-17, 04:59 AM
All American

Is renegade a derogatory name? Kid I believe hit the Superfecta , FOUR high schools? Or was it only three? And it is rarely about the kids when they transfer 2 to three times , it's about Daddy and his misguided notions and or delusions of grandeur
Old 11-13-17, 06:12 AM
Freshman

footballfan18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Is renegade a derogatory name? Kid I believe hit the Superfecta , FOUR high schools? Or was it only three? And it is rarely about the kids when they transfer 2 to three times , it's about Daddy and his misguided notions and or delusions of grandeur

Wow. Talk about a Daddy and his misguided notions??! Most (not all) of this thread is comments made by Dads and their misguided notions. Itís pathetic the way some of you talk about Loparo, and now a kid who transferred in at QB?? Heís a KID who plays HS football! This is not the NFL.

You have NO idea what his family has dealt with personally, and what the reasons were for their move. OHSAA doesnít just let kids transfer and not sit out 5 games for any reason. Thereís a very rigorous process and you have to prove the reasons for a move are legit before they let players transfer and play without sitting out.

If you actually knew the QB and the type of person he is, you would not be so quick to bash him. He is a good student with great character and did a damn good job coming into a new school and leading this team. But then again, Iím sure you would bash him regardless because it makes you feel better about yourself somehow.

And yes, I consider it bashing him when you make it seem like he transferred to HB just for football, and then pretend like he wasnít the best option to start.

He did a great job. His stats arenít half of what they would have been had they actually played him full games. He was pulled by halftime for 4 games and by 3rd Qtr for 2 because the team was ahead by so much. I wonít get into reasons the Jr QB didnít start over the new kid, because that would doing the same thing you guys are doing, and heís a great kid too.

I think the people who are on here (and have nothing better to do than to talk about a HS coach and 17 yr old kid) need to find something better to do with your time. Maybe go read an article about online bullying and how words can affect others. Or, find a self help book about being a real man. A man who doesnít have to put others down to lift himself up.

You are pathetic.

Old 11-13-17, 06:53 AM
All American

Didn't say anything bad about the kid and you just took way more time talking about him than anyone else did . So the moving about the outerbelt had ZERO to do with football and the receivers at Bradley LOL , come on man, stating a fact that the kid and his family move every year to find a better team to play for isn't bashing, just stating facts .

Don't care about the kids stats at all who cares ? Not saying he isn't a good kid , no ne said he was bad , simply pointed out that the boy and his family moves around a lot it seems, if you say it has nothing to do with football so be it, we aren't buying it and aren't saying there is anything horrible about it , but it is what it is and you being silly to suggest it's because it's some kind of hardship case and his family is forced to move is ridiculous and not accurate most likely , unless you are the stage Dad himself I am not sure why you are so passionate about this .
Old 11-13-17, 08:08 AM
All World

Lambeau Fields is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan18 View Post
Wow. Talk about a Daddy and his misguided notions??! Most (not all) of this thread is comments made by Dads and their misguided notions. Itís pathetic the way some of you talk about Loparo, and now a kid who transferred in at QB?? Heís a KID who plays HS football! This is not the NFL.

You have NO idea what his family has dealt with personally, and what the reasons were for their move. OHSAA doesnít just let kids transfer and not sit out 5 games for any reason. Thereís a very rigorous process and you have to prove the reasons for a move are legit before they let players transfer and play without sitting out.

If you actually knew the QB and the type of person he is, you would not be so quick to bash him. He is a good student with great character and did a damn good job coming into a new school and leading this team. But then again, Iím sure you would bash him regardless because it makes you feel better about yourself somehow.

And yes, I consider it bashing him when you make it seem like he transferred to HB just for football, and then pretend like he wasnít the best option to start.

He did a great job. His stats arenít half of what they would have been had they actually played him full games. He was pulled by halftime for 4 games and by 3rd Qtr for 2 because the team was ahead by so much. I wonít get into reasons the Jr QB didnít start over the new kid, because that would doing the same thing you guys are doing, and heís a great kid too.

I think the people who are on here (and have nothing better to do than to talk about a HS coach and 17 yr old kid) need to find something better to do with your time. Maybe go read an article about online bullying and how words can affect others. Or, find a self help book about being a real man. A man who doesnít have to put others down to lift himself up.

You are pathetic.

Strong first post Mr. Stewart!

Your son had a great senior year. The last move was definitely a smart one. He wouldn't have had a senior year like that had he stayed at Kilbourne. The receivers there weren't strong.

Tough way to end the career with all of those INTs and pick 6's but it was a great year for Josh, overall, and one he will look back on fondly as he grows old.
Old 11-13-17, 09:21 AM
All American

You are correct people out here have no idea what your family or the family has personally dealt with . But I have to say as a guy who has moved cross country. And lived on the east coast west coast and now the Midwest one thing I do know is moving Suks . Giant pain in the azzz . I have moved locally as well here and within other locations , so I know how tough that is .So I understand how hard it was even if moving a short distance and doing it a few years in a row must have taken its toll on your sanity .

Just when you get settled and have everything in place you have to get up and do it all over again and then again
I feel your pain
Old 11-13-17, 11:33 AM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
My "renegade" comment is for being in several schools aka rent a QB.
Not bashing the kid. If fact after the Darby game I noted that I was more impressed with the receivers, but hoped he had a good yr and wished him luck or something along those lines.
I always pull for Bradley unless against Darby.
I get that u are sticking up for him and if I came across too harsh on the kid my bad.
My emphasis is at the coach not the kid. How would you feel if you were the dad of said jr QB watching a transfer coming in like that.
And btw my kids were receivers at Darby lol. Didn't pack up and move because we didn't throw the ball. Sometimes those are better life teaching lessons than anything else.
Old 11-13-17, 12:29 PM
Varsity

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
Why doesn’t Bradley schedule better non league games? I am not sure you can really know how good you are unless you play a few other high caliber teams. Btw, Bradley was a very good team and played hard last week. I do know that Pick Central is having a hard time finding non league teams to play so they played Detroit Cass Tech, Indianapolis Cathedral and Trotwood in the first 3 weeks of the season. Good luck next year and maybe we will meet up again along the way.