Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-02-17, 03:20 PM
Ohio Proud 64 Ohio Proud 64 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-14-16
Location: Canton
Posts: 136
Ohio Proud 64 is on a distinguished road
GlenOak Basketball 2017/2018

What is going on with GlenOak Basketball? Who allowed this schedule and participation in this tournament for a Div I program? Is Hackenberg looking for easy wins?

Friday, Dec 29 - Saturday, Dec 30
Tuscarawas Central Catholic Holiday Shootout

Participants
Tuscarawas Central Catholic Jr/Sr High School
Bishop Ready High School
Bishop Hartley High School
Harvest Preparatory School
Indian Valley HS/MS
Caldwell High/Elementary School
Chaminade Julienne High School
Garaway High School
River High School
GlenOak High School
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GOBB 2017 2018.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	1902  
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-02-17, 04:26 PM
champion champion is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-14-05
Posts: 533
champion
Really??? Your hatred for GlenOak seems to grow with every season. Dude is in his second year of rebuilding a program that was in pretty bad shape... I am sure you know that CJ is a pretty good program that has been to state a few times and would probably have more appearances if they didn't have to go through Dunbar. They wouldn't be traveling 4 hours from Dayton if they weren't expecting to have a decent team this year.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-06-17, 12:46 PM
Ohio Proud 64 Ohio Proud 64 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-14-16
Location: Canton
Posts: 136
Ohio Proud 64 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by champion View Post
Really??? Your hatred for GlenOak seems to grow with every season. Dude is in his second year of rebuilding a program that was in pretty bad shape... I am sure you know that CJ is a pretty good program that has been to state a few times and would probably have more appearances if they didn't have to go through Dunbar. They wouldn't be traveling 4 hours from Dayton if they weren't expecting to have a decent team this year.
They came up because they believe it is a guaranteed win from a D I program. We'll just have to wait and see. Not hatred,I'm critical of MCK as well. These are the two programs that I know the best. IMHO Hackenberg was not a good hire. Kids din't like him at STA, kids don't like him at GO, has difficulty forging relationships with his players and parents. At STA he never pulled an upset or beat anyone he wasn't supposed to.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-06-17, 12:56 PM
Ohio Proud 64 Ohio Proud 64 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-14-16
Location: Canton
Posts: 136
Ohio Proud 64 is on a distinguished road
His staff is under prepared for the FED. You give these guys shots at D I schools with minimal coaching experience and they bring in inexperienced staff but you expect to be world beaters - after it's all said and done and with all of his faults Greynold's won't look so bad. Hack and your AD Garcia both received opportunites they are not equipped to handle.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-06-17, 09:12 PM
NEOSpotlight NEOSpotlight is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 88
NEOSpotlight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Proud 64 View Post
They came up because they believe it is a guaranteed win from a D I program. We'll just have to wait and see. Not hatred,I'm critical of MCK as well. These are the two programs that I know the best. IMHO Hackenberg was not a good hire. Kids din't like him at STA, kids don't like him at GO, has difficulty forging relationships with his players and parents. At STA he never pulled an upset or beat anyone he wasn't supposed to.
So did I just imagine him taking a 12-10 team to the State Championship? Or...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-13-17, 02:26 PM
allworld allworld is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-25-01
Location: Back in Medina County
Posts: 7,338
allworld is on a distinguished road
I think that TCC Tournament has good teams in it. Holy Name plays in it every year I believe..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-15-17, 02:06 PM
Ohio Proud 64 Ohio Proud 64 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-14-16
Location: Canton
Posts: 136
Ohio Proud 64 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOSpotlight View Post
So did I just imagine him taking a 12-10 team to the State Championship? Or...
He never beat any team that he wasn't supposed in Div III, IV of high school basketball(small division) with a team that pulls kids from the school districts of Canton, Plain, North Canton, Louisville, Alliance, Marlington, and Canton South school districts. Every year he had the most favorable road to the finals. Is still early in his career at GlenOak and the jury is out and this is just my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-18-17, 01:27 AM
Summa Summa is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-30-08
Posts: 1,779
Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Proud 64 View Post
He never beat any team that he wasn't supposed in Div III, IV of high school basketball(small division) with a team that pulls kids from the school districts of Canton, Plain, North Canton, Louisville, Alliance, Marlington, and Canton South school districts. Every year he had the most favorable road to the finals. Is still early in his career at GlenOak and the jury is out and this is just my opinion.
He beat a loaded VASJ team on statewide TV, beat a Richmond Heights team he was not supposed to beat to make it to state, barely lost to a Beachwood team that was supposed to drub Aquinas in the Regional Semifinals and beat a Tuslaw team with ridiculous height and ranked number 1 or 2 in the state (I don't remember). Canton South is in the Canton Central Catholic draw area, not Aquinas. Coaching kids at GO is a lot different than coaching kids that go to Aquinas and I am pretty sure Hack will agree with me on this point so he will need to adjust to that. I never heard of Aquinas kids not liking him or respecting him. He did have good talent when he was at Aquinas so I agree that the jury is still out, but IMO he is a good young coach. Good luck to Coach Hack.

Last edited by Summa; 11-18-17 at 01:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for the following Ohio High School Girls Basketball Head Coaches???? IUDOGS Girls Basketball 4 08-30-17 10:10 AM
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 16 06-18-17 07:07 PM
Thomas Worthington basketball player missing in waters near Fripp Island in SC FormerWildcat Boys Basketball 6 06-14-17 07:49 AM
Massillon Tigers Athletics DB135 Massillon Tigers 15 05-30-17 01:22 AM
Is Springfield Wildcats (Division I) Looking for a new Head Boys Basketball Coach??? IUDOGS Boys Basketball 7 05-23-17 10:41 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz