Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-03-17, 09:29 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,659
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
Oh man, I hope your wrong on that one. Have you happened to see both play? I know last year was a horror show, but I think this years TC team is a little more disciplined/fundamentally sound to handle something like summit brings. Last years team was bit more dynamic in the front. I am sure it will be a major uphill battle for TC to keep it close based on previous years.
Last year's summit team might have been able to win state in any division.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #32  
Old 11-03-17, 09:31 AM
Ilsco Ilsco is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-10-10
Posts: 103
Ilsco is on a distinguished road
I still think Summit will struggle with TC's height, especially on set pieces. SCD had a tough time marking Callow in their regular season game (although so did a lot of people). Summit should win, but unlike in years past it is not a foregone conclusion
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-03-17, 09:33 AM
stangsoc2018 stangsoc2018 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-05-15
Posts: 36
stangsoc2018 is on a distinguished road
I'll take Summit 2-1. TC sits back and lets the opposing team possess which Summit is certainly very good at with their strong midfield. This will allow Summit to get plenty of opportunities, especially from the top of the 18. The only question is will they put away their chances. I wouldn't be surprised if TC gets a goal off a set piece, but that's the only way they would be able to get a goal. Based on Summit's last two games, however, it seems like they haven't been able to score very much, and I could easily see this game going into OT.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-03-17, 09:35 AM
stangsoc2018 stangsoc2018 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-05-15
Posts: 36
stangsoc2018 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Last year's summit team might have been able to win state in any division.
I don't know about beating St. Iggy, but I'd take them over any other team, yes
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-03-17, 11:16 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,659
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangsoc2018 View Post
I'll take Summit 2-1. TC sits back and lets the opposing team possess which Summit is certainly very good at with their strong midfield. This will allow Summit to get plenty of opportunities, especially from the top of the 18. The only question is will they put away their chances. I wouldn't be surprised if TC gets a goal off a set piece, but that's the only way they would be able to get a goal. Based on Summit's last two games, however, it seems like they haven't been able to score very much, and I could easily see this game going into OT.
I don't know how TC plans on playing tomorrow but you're right. They won't be able to let those mids start popping shots from outside even though TC has an excellent keeper. TC isn't a one trick pony as you suggest however. They don't just score off of set pieces.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-03-17, 11:44 AM
xscoutsoc xscoutsoc is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-02-10
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 377
xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
These results are mind boggling to me. I understand match-ups might be different for games, but the HUGE difference is almost unheard of:

Seven Hills 11
Franklin Monroe 0

Franklin Monroe 4
Troy Christian 1

Troy Christian then beat Seven Hills twice, 3-0 and 2-1.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-03-17, 11:56 AM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 1,057
ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I don't know how TC plans on playing tomorrow but you're right. They won't be able to let those mids start popping shots from outside even though TC has an excellent keeper. TC isn't a one trick pony as you suggest however. They don't just score off of set pieces.
I saw Troy Christian against CJ, whose midfield is not as good as Summit's by any measure. They certainly sat in against CJ (4-5-1) and didn't create much going forward, and that seemed to be the goal. Even more than that, they seemed to play very narrow across the middle as well, even in possession.

I understand that CJ's field is HUGE and can make teams look like they're trying to play narrow when they actually aren't. But this was different. TC spent most of the match within the football lines. I would imagine that they not only try to compress themselves in defense, but also when they have the ball to try to prevent a quick counter.

They pounced well on a giveaway from CJ in the middle, which led to their only goal 7:00 into that game. Aside from that, they seemed content to absorb pressure and seemed difficult to break down. They ended up tying CJ 1-1. Perhaps a different midfield would be able to unlock that style.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-03-17, 12:11 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 783
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xscoutsoc View Post
These results are mind boggling to me. I understand match-ups might be different for games, but the HUGE difference is almost unheard of:

Seven Hills 11
Franklin Monroe 0

Franklin Monroe 4
Troy Christian 1

Troy Christian then beat Seven Hills twice, 3-0 and 2-1.
TC had to play on of there backs at goal i think due to injury in that one. And their not deep enough to overcome that shuffle across the lineup.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-03-17, 12:15 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,659
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xscoutsoc View Post
These results are mind boggling to me. I understand match-ups might be different for games, but the HUGE difference is almost unheard of:

Seven Hills 11
Franklin Monroe 0

Franklin Monroe 4
Troy Christian 1

Troy Christian then beat Seven Hills twice, 3-0 and 2-1.
From what I understand, the FM game was a really bad and weird night for TC. The played a man down almost the entire second half where 3 of the goals were scored (1 was a PK). They also didn't have their keeper back at that point. AND....they were state ranked for the first time that week and might have gone to their heads a little.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-03-17, 12:23 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,659
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
I saw Troy Christian against CJ, whose midfield is not as good as Summit's by any measure. They certainly sat in against CJ (4-5-1) and didn't create much going forward, and that seemed to be the goal. Even more than that, they seemed to play very narrow across the middle as well, even in possession.

I understand that CJ's field is HUGE and can make teams look like they're trying to play narrow when they actually aren't. But this was different. TC spent most of the match within the football lines. I would imagine that they not only try to compress themselves in defense, but also when they have the ball to try to prevent a quick counter.

They pounced well on a giveaway from CJ in the middle, which led to their only goal 7:00 into that game. Aside from that, they seemed content to absorb pressure and seemed difficult to break down. They ended up tying CJ 1-1. Perhaps a different midfield would be able to unlock that style.
CJ's field is sweet, right?

I think this was the first game their keeper came back which triggered some other changes in the field. A friend told me he had come back around this game. I actually wasn't there.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-03-17, 02:51 PM
BakedPotatoes BakedPotatoes is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-16-16
Location: slums of cincinatti
Posts: 26
BakedPotatoes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Based on what? They haven't scored 4 goals on a good team all year?
Summit wins big 7-0.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-03-17, 03:34 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,659
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedPotatoes View Post
Summit wins big 7-0.
Probably right.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-03-17, 03:56 PM
BakedPotatoes BakedPotatoes is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-16-16
Location: slums of cincinatti
Posts: 26
BakedPotatoes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Probably right.
There's only one team that can play with Summit and make it close.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-03-17, 05:11 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,659
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedPotatoes View Post
There's only one team that can play with Summit and make it close.
Springboro? Chca? Seven hills? Bethel? DC?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-03-17, 05:14 PM
BakedPotatoes BakedPotatoes is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-16-16
Location: slums of cincinatti
Posts: 26
BakedPotatoes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Springboro? Chca? Seven hills? Bethel? DC?
Let's talk D3 here. Who do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-03-17, 05:33 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,659
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedPotatoes View Post
Let's talk D3 here. Who do you think?
Bethel. They played them mostly straight up and had opportunities.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-03-17, 06:02 PM
stangsoc2018 stangsoc2018 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-05-15
Posts: 36
stangsoc2018 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I don't know how TC plans on playing tomorrow but you're right. They won't be able to let those mids start popping shots from outside even though TC has an excellent keeper. TC isn't a one trick pony as you suggest however. They don't just score off of set pieces.
Went to the Madeira TC game and that is exactly what they did. Madeira had probably 65-70% possession but had trouble beating the 10 men behind the ball in the sloppy conditions. TC countered when they could, and capitalized on the few set pieces they had all game. Summit plays the same possession style game, and I can guarantee TC will have the same game plan against them. Up to summit to put away their chances
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-03-17, 10:01 PM
BakedPotatoes BakedPotatoes is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-16-16
Location: slums of cincinatti
Posts: 26
BakedPotatoes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Bethel. They played them mostly straight up and had opportunities.
Ha. What's your score prediction?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-04-17, 03:52 PM
FlyerFan23 FlyerFan23 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-06-16
Posts: 39
FlyerFan23 is on a distinguished road
Who’s got notes here?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-04-17, 05:32 PM
BakedPotatoes BakedPotatoes is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-16-16
Location: slums of cincinatti
Posts: 26
BakedPotatoes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
TC plays Summit, not DC. But TC already beat DC this year to answer your question about physicality.
Final score: Summit 2, TC 0. As you expected, TC was not able to handle Summit's physical play. And they, as well as other teams who have played before them decided to "park the bus" on defense. Summit scored late in the first half and it was pretty much over from that point on. TC never had a legitimate scoring opportunity, which is unfortunate, because with the right game plan, this Summit team is beatable. And frankly all the whining from the TC players and coaches was disappointing.

The officials were top notch. Summit fans travel very well. Pretty decent weather for this game.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 11-04-17, 06:24 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,659
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedPotatoes View Post
Final score: Summit 2, TC 0. As you expected, TC was not able to handle Summit's physical play. And they, as well as other teams who have played before them decided to "park the bus" on defense. Summit scored late in the first half and it was pretty much over from that point on. TC never had a legitimate scoring opportunity, which is unfortunate, because with the right game plan, this Summit team is beatable. And frankly all the whining from the TC players and coaches was disappointing.

The officials were top notch. Summit fans travel very well. Pretty decent weather for this game.
Ok. You didn't watch the same game. Too many things you have wrong to even try to point it all out.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-04-17, 06:33 PM
FlyerFan23 FlyerFan23 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-06-16
Posts: 39
FlyerFan23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Ok. You didn't watch the same game. Too many things you have wrong to even try to point it all out.
What was the game plan?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-04-17, 06:46 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,659
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerFan23 View Post
What was the game plan?
They did play defensively but looked like they were also doing some man marking on their mids (10 & 8). That was working pretty well and TC actually had the first real opportunity off a set piece. Almost scored. It was pretty evenly matched. Physical play wasn't a factor. Summit caught TC on a quick counter and lost track of a backside mark with about 6 left in the half. Summit put 10 out on wing to start second half. They had some early shots and pressure. TC was able to withstand the pressure and had a couple opportunities in the half. Summit scored late in second half as TC was pressing to tie. It was a good match. Refs were pretty good even though they didn't call several handling calls each way. As far as the whining.....I heard summit fans and coaches far more. And at least 2....maybe 3 summit players got lectured by the ref for complaining. Summit took advantage of the opportunities they had. TC just missed on theirs.

I think baked potatoes is a DC guy and is still bitter about losing to TC. And TC making it further in the tournament again this year.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-04-17, 08:30 PM
BakedPotatoes BakedPotatoes is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-16-16
Location: slums of cincinatti
Posts: 26
BakedPotatoes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
They did play defensively but looked like they were also doing some man marking on their mids (10 & 8). That was working pretty well and TC actually had the first real opportunity off a set piece. Almost scored. It was pretty evenly matched. Physical play wasn't a factor. Summit caught TC on a quick counter and lost track of a backside mark with about 6 left in the half. Summit put 10 out on wing to start second half. They had some early shots and pressure. TC was able to withstand the pressure and had a couple opportunities in the half. Summit scored late in second half as TC was pressing to tie. It was a good match. Refs were pretty good even though they didn't call several handling calls each way. As far as the whining.....I heard summit fans and coaches far more. And at least 2....maybe 3 summit players got lectured by the ref for complaining. Summit took advantage of the opportunities they had. TC just missed on theirs.

I think baked potatoes is a DC guy and is still bitter about losing to TC. And TC making it further in the tournament again this year.

I intentionally goaded you into that revealing response.

Everyone, please replace "TC" with "we" in any of winbypin's posts. This will allow you to fully appreciate his biased perspective as a TC guy.

Has anyone ever looked at the history of winbypin's posts? He has over 500 ... IN JUST THE PAST 2 MONTHS!

I can't decide which character in Napoleon Dynamite best fits winbypin.....

Kip: "Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes (on yappi) all day."

or

Uncle Rico: "How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?...Yeah...Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind."

Cheers.BP
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-04-17, 09:10 PM
concreek concreek is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-20-17
Posts: 29
concreek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedPotatoes View Post
I intentionally goaded you into that revealing response.

Everyone, please replace "TC" with "we" in any of winbypin's posts. This will allow you to fully appreciate his biased perspective as a TC guy.

Has anyone ever looked at the history of winbypin's posts? He has over 500 ... IN JUST THE PAST 2 MONTHS!

I can't decide which character in Napoleon Dynamite best fits winbypin.....

Kip: "Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes (on yappi) all day."

or

Uncle Rico: "How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?...Yeah...Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind."

Cheers.BP
Ninja mind tricks. I like it.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-04-17, 09:21 PM
Pitchperfect Pitchperfect is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-01-17
Posts: 34
Pitchperfect is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreek View Post
Ninja mind tricks. I like it.


Hopefully by next year Summit will learn how to count boys. Ha ha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-04-17, 09:48 PM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 1,057
ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Ok. You didn't watch the same game. Too many things you have wrong to even try to point it all out.
I don't see anything wrong here. I think Summit beats TC 10 times out of 10.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-04-17, 10:03 PM
Pitchperfect Pitchperfect is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-01-17
Posts: 34
Pitchperfect is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
I don't see anything wrong here. I think Summit beats TC 10 times out of 10.


I watched the DC and TC game. DC game plan exposed Summit weaknesses, but they were never really able to exploit until the end when DC left a sitter in front of Summitís box in the final minutes. DC had a midfielder that caused Summit problems. TC showed a lot of heart, but ever posed any real threat. Summitís midfield controlled the game. Mansfield will be another DC quality test for Summit. It is sad but Summit, Mansfield and DC are probably the top 3 in the state. Whoever get through between Summit and Mansfield I predict another blowout in the state finals.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-04-17, 10:12 PM
SirStanley SirStanley is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-17-05
Posts: 1,305
SirStanley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchperfect View Post
I watched the DC and TC game. DC game plan exposed Summit weaknesses, but they were never really able to exploit until the end when DC left a sitter in front of Summitís box in the final minutes. DC had a midfielder that caused Summit problems. TC showed a lot of heart, but ever posed any real threat. Summitís midfield controlled the game. Mansfield will be another DC quality test for Summit. It is sad but Summit, Mansfield and DC are probably the top 3 in the state. Whoever get through between Summit and Mansfield I predict another blowout in the state finals.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You probably haven't heard that Mansfield Christian lost in pks to Ottawa Hills.

Summit is still the team to beat because of their outstanding defense and skill to possess. They may be more vulnerable than their recent past four (in last five years) state championship seasons, because they don't have the extraordinary goal scorers (yet...wait until these young guys get older) those teams did. Troy Christian had their chances, but you'd better convert when you get them against Summit. TC played very well, imo. Hoping for a great final week of D3 soccer.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-04-17, 10:31 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,659
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
I don't see anything wrong here. I think Summit beats TC 10 times out of 10.
Probably so. But baked potatoes assessment was off.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALBB Ohio Regional updates (Tue 07/18 morning) seclmw Baseball 1 07-18-17 01:59 PM
OHSAA 2017 Baseball State Tournament Preview Yappi Baseball 1 05-30-17 11:25 PM
2017 Softball Regional Pairings Yappi Softball 22 05-27-17 08:43 PM
2017 OHSAA Baseball Regional Pairings Yappi Baseball 7 05-23-17 10:22 AM
Regional Ohio Results HiC Wrestling 4 05-22-17 09:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz