Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-31-17, 09:37 AM
xscoutsoc xscoutsoc is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-02-10
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 376
xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
SW Ohio D3 Regional Tournament

Predictions? Thoughts?

Summit Country Day vs. Dayton Christian @ Lakota East
Madeira vs. Troy Christian @ Fairmont

Regional Final: 11/4 @ TBA
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-31-17, 11:34 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,435
winbypin is on a distinguished road
I say....

DC over Summit
TC over Maderia
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-31-17, 11:51 AM
FlyerFan23 FlyerFan23 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-06-16
Posts: 39
FlyerFan23 is on a distinguished road
First one feels like the regional final. Winner there will win again on Saturday.

Summit 2-1 (ot)
TC 2-1 (ot)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-31-17, 11:57 AM
Justforfun1 Justforfun1 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-02-16
Posts: 7
Justforfun1 is on a distinguished road
Summit over Dayton Christian
Madeira over Troy Christian

It would be great to see Summit play Madeira for the regional final. Its been a while since they have played against each other!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-31-17, 01:17 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,435
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerFan23 View Post
First one feels like the regional final. Winner there will win again on Saturday.

Summit 2-1 (ot)
TC 2-1 (ot)
If summit wins decisively, then you are probably right. If it's as close as you predict or DC pulls off the upset I don't think Saturday is a foregone conclusion.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-31-17, 01:18 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,435
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justforfun1 View Post
Summit over Dayton Christian
Madeira over Troy Christian

It would be great to see Summit play Madeira for the regional final. Its been a while since they have played against each other!
I am surprised maderia and summit don't play already. Just not enough games in the year?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-31-17, 03:09 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 783
yakyak is on a distinguished road
The metro buckeye is a pretty strong small school soccer conference. With Yellow Springs, they are a bit underrated in that regard.

But, I think both TC and DC go down, big. 2-0 in each game
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-01-17, 02:51 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,435
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Also picking Tipp and Alter in D2 tonight.

Didn't see another thread and thought it would be pointless to start one now.....
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-01-17, 07:11 PM
Gview Gview is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-31-02
Posts: 1,064
Gview
Last update I got was TC 2, Madeira 0 with 5 minutes in the 1st half.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-01-17, 07:26 PM
Gview Gview is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-31-02
Posts: 1,064
Gview
Alter up 2-0 on Wyoming.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-01-17, 07:32 PM
Gview Gview is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-31-02
Posts: 1,064
Gview
Creek up on Centerville 4-1 with 13 left.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-01-17, 07:55 PM
ammtd34 ammtd34 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-13-05
Location: Springfield
Posts: 1,055
ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Summit - 1
Dayton Christian - 0
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-01-17, 07:56 PM
Gview Gview is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-31-02
Posts: 1,064
Gview
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
Summit - 1
Dayton Christian - 0
Final?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-01-17, 07:57 PM
Gview Gview is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-31-02
Posts: 1,064
Gview
TC 2, Madeira 0. Final.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-01-17, 08:29 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,435
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gview View Post
Final?
Yes
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-01-17, 08:47 PM
FlyerFan23 FlyerFan23 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-06-16
Posts: 39
FlyerFan23 is on a distinguished road
Who’s got notes on these games? Does TC have a shot to knock off summit?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-01-17, 08:54 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,435
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerFan23 View Post
Who’s got notes on these games? Does TC have a shot to knock off summit?
No notes. But TC beat DC 1-0 a month ago.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-01-17, 09:58 PM
Nelym Nelym is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-29-14
Posts: 179
Nelym is on a distinguished road
DC parked the bus and played a 5 4 1. Had no real scoring threat in the first half. Summit dominated possession and missed a couple of easy early chances. 0-0 at half. Play was mostly on DC side.

2nd half DC came out strong and threatened several times but had no real shots on goal. Summit panicked a bit and played rushed. DC got them out of their possession game. DC had a good strategy to start 2nd half. After about 15 mins of this, Summit finally got back to their game and was able to dominate possession again. Created several chances but again couldn't finish. I thought game was going to OT. With 5 mins left in game, an unfortunate (and obvious) DC handball in the box gave Summit a PK. I have no idea what that kid was thinking, he swatted the ball with his hand. Summit converted. Game over.

Hats off to DC, they played a hell of game. They gave everything they had, slide tackling and making hard tackles.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-01-17, 10:32 PM
stangsoc2018 stangsoc2018 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-05-15
Posts: 36
stangsoc2018 is on a distinguished road
Troy Christian's two goals scored were off set pieces, they are a big team and are very good in the air. Madeira dominated possession and looked to be the better team, but the torrentially downpour certainly favored the team who relied on set pieces to score. If summit can defend Troy's set pieces, they will win. Should be a good game
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-02-17, 08:54 AM
xscoutsoc xscoutsoc is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-02-10
Location: The Queen City
Posts: 376
xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
FYI - Troy Christian vs. Summit on Saturday 11/4, 3 PM @ Lakota East HS
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-02-17, 08:58 AM
Ilsco Ilsco is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-10-10
Posts: 103
Ilsco is on a distinguished road
I am going to take TC in an upset. I think SCD is the more talented side, but if there is any slight weakness in SCD this year it is playing bigger teams. Tied a big, but mediocre CHCA and struggled for 65 minutes with a big 7-Hills team. I think TC will defend well and takes its chances on set pieces. (Of course this means SCD will probably win 5-0)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-02-17, 12:35 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 783
yakyak is on a distinguished road
I am not sure that TC can match the physcial style of DC. If I recall, TC is big, but not super physical.

Is it the physicality of DC that gives them the real problem? If so, I am not sure TC can match that.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-02-17, 12:50 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,435
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
I am not sure that TC can match the physcial style of DC. If I recall, TC is big, but not super physical.

Is it the physicality of DC that gives them the real problem? If so, I am not sure TC can match that.
TC plays Summit, not DC. But TC already beat DC this year to answer your question about physicality.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-02-17, 09:57 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 783
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
TC plays Summit, not DC. But TC already beat DC this year to answer your question about physicality.
The point was, if DC held back summit due to their physicality, then that is not a super strength of TC and DC may be a better match up than TC for Summit.

What does a 1-0 win have to do with talking about strengths of another team? IF they play 10 times DC wins 5 and TC wins 5.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-02-17, 10:43 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,435
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
The point was, if DC held back summit due to their physicality, then that is not a super strength of TC and DC may be a better match up than TC for Summit.

What does a 1-0 win have to do with talking about strengths of another team? IF they play 10 times DC wins 5 and TC wins 5.
I thought you were saying TC was playing DC. And that DC's physicality was too much for TC. So I was pointing out that TC has already beaten them so physical play shouldn't be an issue.....nevermind. it doesn't matter because we are now on the same page.

I don't think DC held summit back due to their physical style. I think it was because they had 9 behind the ball for a lot of the game. I don't even consider DC a physical team to be honest. I have seen TC play physical too though. Just depends on who they are playing and what is needed.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-03-17, 06:36 AM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 783
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I thought you were saying TC was playing DC. And that DC's physicality was too much for TC. So I was pointing out that TC has already beaten them so physical play shouldn't be an issue.....nevermind. it doesn't matter because we are now on the same page.

I don't think DC held summit back due to their physical style. I think it was because they had 9 behind the ball for a lot of the game. I don't even consider DC a physical team to be honest. I have seen TC play physical too though. Just depends on who they are playing and what is needed.
Thanks for the clarity on what DC did to keep the game close. Does TC have any shot? Is this a normal summit dynasty type team?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-03-17, 07:46 AM
FlyerFan23 FlyerFan23 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-06-16
Posts: 39
FlyerFan23 is on a distinguished road
The transitive property just does not always apply to high school tournament soccer. Specific matchups, game plan/execution, individual talent and experience decide games - not past scores with mutual opponents.

I've seen Summit play three times this year. Although they graduated much of their offensive production and are not at the same level as 2015-2016, they are still an impressive unit psychologically and mentally. A very smart team and that comes with the experience from deep tournament runs. I think they win 4-0 tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-03-17, 08:25 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,435
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
Thanks for the clarity on what DC did to keep the game close. Does TC have any shot? Is this a normal summit dynasty type team?
They have as good a shot as anyone at this point I think. This is not the same Summit team of the past 2 years. They don't have the finishers up top like in the past. Their midfield is very, very good. To the point that when they only had a 1-0 lead against Bethel last Saturday, they put one of them up top in the second half to help get the insurance goal.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-03-17, 08:29 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 7,435
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerFan23 View Post
The transitive property just does not always apply to high school tournament soccer. Specific matchups, game plan/execution, individual talent and experience decide games - not past scores with mutual opponents.

I've seen Summit play three times this year. Although they graduated much of their offensive production and are not at the same level as 2015-2016, they are still an impressive unit psychologically and mentally. A very smart team and that comes with the experience from deep tournament runs. I think they win 4-0 tomorrow.
Based on what? They haven't scored 4 goals on a good team all year?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-03-17, 09:18 AM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 783
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerFan23 View Post
The transitive property just does not always apply to high school tournament soccer. Specific matchups, game plan/execution, individual talent and experience decide games - not past scores with mutual opponents.

I've seen Summit play three times this year. Although they graduated much of their offensive production and are not at the same level as 2015-2016, they are still an impressive unit psychologically and mentally. A very smart team and that comes with the experience from deep tournament runs. I think they win 4-0 tomorrow.
Oh man, I hope your wrong on that one. Have you happened to see both play? I know last year was a horror show, but I think this years TC team is a little more disciplined/fundamentally sound to handle something like summit brings. Last years team was bit more dynamic in the front. I am sure it will be a major uphill battle for TC to keep it close based on previous years.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ALBB Ohio Regional updates (Tue 07/18 morning) seclmw Baseball 1 07-18-17 01:59 PM
OHSAA 2017 Baseball State Tournament Preview Yappi Baseball 1 05-30-17 11:25 PM
2017 Softball Regional Pairings Yappi Softball 22 05-27-17 08:43 PM
2017 OHSAA Baseball Regional Pairings Yappi Baseball 7 05-23-17 10:22 AM
Regional Ohio Results HiC Wrestling 4 05-22-17 09:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz