Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-03-17, 07:08 AM
All American

ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbyb View Post
The 2 best teams Beavercreek has played all year are Sycamore and LW. The 3rd and 4rth place finishers in the GMC.
Tied Sycamore and roughed up LW.

Beavercreek has not played in a game decided by 1 goal in ALL 19 of their wins. Every single win has been by 2 or more goals.

Anderson has allowed 1 or fewer goals in 19 of their 20 wins.
Is this supposed to be a bad thing for Beavercreek?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-17, 08:18 AM
Junior Varsity

Futbol Enthusiast is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
Is this supposed to be a bad thing for Beavercreek?
I don’t really get it either that sounds great to me !
Old 11-03-17, 08:33 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol Enthusiast View Post
I don’t really get it either that sounds great to me !
Confused me too. I guess he is suggesting they won't know how to act in a close game and that is Anderson's wheelhouse?
Old 11-03-17, 08:56 AM
All District

Cincy_Futbol is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Confused me too. I guess he is suggesting they won't know how to act in a close game and that is Anderson's wheelhouse?
I think that is what he's getting at. If Anderson can hold Beavercreek to a close game then maybe they do have the advantage. "If" being the key word there.
Old 11-03-17, 09:28 AM
All American

ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Right. I suppose it could be perceived as an Anderson advantage if it was predetermined to be a close game.

I've always thought those arguments were strange. When there's a team who has won a lot of close games, someone inevitably points out, "They just know how to win." Well, what about the team who's blowing everybody out? It seems like they know how to win, too. The idea that a team will fold simply because a game is close is ridiculous.

Sebby, I know you didn't make that claim. Some people do, though, in all sports at all levels.
Old 11-03-17, 11:48 AM
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double

skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
Right. I suppose it could be perceived as an Anderson advantage if it was predetermined to be a close game.

I've always thought those arguments were strange. When there's a team who has won a lot of close games, someone inevitably points out, "They just know how to win." Well, what about the team who's blowing everybody out? It seems like they know how to win, too. The idea that a team will fold simply because a game is close is ridiculous.

Sebby, I know you didn't make that claim. Some people do, though, in all sports at all levels.
I agree in theory with your point. Once in a blue moon the superior team that has not had much pressure could theoretically fall apart a bit against a lesser team if it is close and they are not used to it. I am not saying I buy the theory but I do see what some people might be saying by pointing it out.
Old 11-03-17, 12:19 PM
Varsity

cinrunner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins99 View Post
I agree in theory with your point. Once in a blue moon the superior team that has not had much pressure could theoretically fall apart a bit against a lesser team if it is close and they are not used to it. I am not saying I buy the theory but I do see what some people might be saying by pointing it out.
For instance Clayton Kershaw?
Old 11-03-17, 12:25 PM
Freshman

Packerfan is on a distinguished road
Excuses

Quote:
When Anderson has an injury, it's next man up. No excuses.
I wasn’t making an “excuse” just stating facts that make comparisons of scores useless. Not sure why you took it so personally...we will see who is better tmw.
Old 11-03-17, 01:03 PM
Junior Varsity

Futbol Enthusiast is on a distinguished road
I think Beavercreek will be just fine in a close game if it comes to it.
Old 11-03-17, 04:40 PM
Varsity

Bearcat_phan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Two very strong statistical trends. At least one of them will be broken.

Since everyone wants to crown the Dayton school state champions, I'll go with the defensive trend continuing, Anderson 2-1 in OT.
Beavercreek will score at least 3 goals on Anderson....they’ve had a great run but their fortunes with the goal posts won’t continue a third game in a row. Beavercreek is just too strong for Anderson....they’ve been wining convincingly while Anderson with a little devine intervention has benefited from the rotation of the ball off the goalposts in the past two games. Quite the accomplishment though getting to the Final 8 for the Redskins.
Old 11-03-17, 08:41 PM
Varsity

cinrunner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_phan View Post
Beavercreek will score at least 3 goals on Anderson....they’ve had a great run but their fortunes with the goal posts won’t continue a third game in a row. Beavercreek is just too strong for Anderson....they’ve been wining convincingly while Anderson with a little devine intervention has benefited from the rotation of the ball off the goalposts in the past two games. Quite the accomplishment though getting to the Final 8 for the Redskins.

Just like X was going to best them 3 - 0? Glad your going against them once again.
Old 11-04-17, 12:08 AM
All District

SWOhioRiverbat is on a distinguished road
Anderson wins 1-0.

Shock the state.
Old 11-04-17, 08:13 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrunner View Post
Just like X was going to best them 3 - 0? Glad your going against them once again.
I’m the guy touting that Anderson would beat Carroll a week ago 4-0, only to watch their header come inches from falling below the crossbar in double overtime two minutes before Anderson got the free kick to win it.

Wednesday was the first time I went against them all year....and I didn’t predict 3-0. I’ve seen both teams play within the past week and I’m not a supporter of either team, I just enjoy the sport so I’m giving a non-biased opinion. Anderson’s going to need something special to happen in order to come out on top today....it could happen a la FC Cincinnati’s run this summer but like most people on here, I’m confident that Beavercreek’s talent will reign supreme in this game and they’ll be the Southwest Region’s representative next week.

Last edited by Bearcat_phan; 11-04-17 at 09:18 AM..
Old 11-04-17, 08:54 AM
All Ohio

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_phan View Post
I’m the guy that touting that Anderson would beat Carroll a week ago 4-0, only to watch their header come inches from falling below the crossbar in double overtime two minutes before Anderson got the free kick to win it.

Wednesday was the first time I went against them all year....and I didn’t predict 3-0. I’ve seen both teams play within the past week and I’m not a supporter of either team, I just enjoy the sport so I’m giving a non-biased opinion. Anderson’s going to need something special to happen in order to come out on top today....it could happen a la FC Cincinnati’s run this summer but like most people on here, I’m confident that Beavercreek’s talent will reign supreme in this game and they’ll be the Southwest Region’s representative next week.
Single elimination soccer game with HS Refs and a running clock....anything can happen
Old 11-04-17, 05:38 PM
Freshman

Packerfan is on a distinguished road
Great game today. Both teams played hard. Anderson is a solid club, great season.
Old 11-04-17, 07:33 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrunner View Post
Congrats to Anderson on a great season and a great showing in today’s regional final going toe to toe with Beavercreek....they represented Cincinnati high school soccer very well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: