Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-27-17, 03:01 PM
All District

steelboot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOhioRiverbat View Post
Mason 3 St. Xavier 1 - Time for Mason to go off

Moeller 3 Lakota East 2 - Close game, Moeller scores late

Anderson 2 Sycamore 1 - Anderson schedule has been weak, but they know how to win.

Fairfield 2 Loveland 0 - Fairfield may be the best team in Cincy

Lakota West 2 Milford 1 - Lakota West attack is too good for the milford D
Just curious what made you think Fairfield was the best team in Cincy? Not being negative, just interested in your evaluation.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-17, 03:13 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinsinatiphan View Post
First and foremost, this has been an awesome debate and should be talked about a lot more. The ECC will always feel like the ACC to the SEC (GMC) due to school size and relative success but as we all see, itís not exactly rare that the ACC(ECC) will have its moments, this year is one of those moments. (the catholic league will just feel like Notre dame to us..all of them just out on their own playing by their own rules.)

*Disclaimer I am a Loveland (therefore ECC) fan who just loves high school soccer in general. Throughout my argument Iím not saying the ECC is better, Iím merely trying to earn the ECC more respect than it currently has because I think it deserves it.

Letís take a step back and realize that the GMC AS A WHOLE does not schedule tougher opponents. ONLY Mason schedules tough out of conference opponents to a significant degree (and it IS impressive who they get to play thereís no doubting that.) Sycamore def does an okay job with dublin and beavercreek. Fairfieldís toughest opponents were Moeller and 2 ECC teams (Loveland and Turpin) of which they went 1-2 against the ECC.. Before FF brags about Moeller.. ALL of the top half of the ECC played them too.. West, East,and FF do NOT schedule noticeably tougher opponents. Usually itís 1 good dayton team (typically itís centerville who didnít even reach a district final) and then Usually they play 2 or 3 of the best ECC teams to beef up their schedule. Are the Good ECC teams on your schedule what make it tough? Cuz i think weíll take that as a compliment haha. Because it goes both ways, then. (Again, we ALL play the catholic schools so thatís a wash)

This season is over for almost everyone..so letís compare. I focused on the Top half vs. the top half. Because otherwise weíd have skewed stats like (for example) Lakota west would have a skewed record of 3-1 vs. the ECC.. BUT once you look closer those 3 wins were vs. the bottom 3 teams in the ECC (For godís sake they SCHEDULED withrow, they SCHEDULED them!).The other 2 wins vs. west clermont and milford were post-seasonÖ) I think this is fair because I donít think anyone in the ECC is bragging about beating middletown or oakhills and letís leave the fact our lower teams played each other alone too since no one cares walnut beat someone like colerain or that they lost to princeton...letís just agree to leave the bottom half of our leagues out of it, they are nearly equally as pointless to our respective seasons.
West scheduled Withrow late because Loveland didn't want to play us (I'll let you figure out why). So before you go popping off at the mouth you should know the facts! SMH

Best of luck to all the teams tomorrow (yes even Loveland).
Old 10-27-17, 03:49 PM
All Ohio

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelboot View Post
Just curious what made you think Fairfield was the best team in Cincy? Not being negative, just interested in your evaluation.
Fairfield has a good defense and perfected the style of HS play that "the club" coaches rant about (but some EPL teams play successfully) Kick and Run. Have a two kids up top receiving 50 yard passes out of the back and they can score a goal. Defense is tough. Do not give up many chances. Play for set pieces.
Old 10-28-17, 10:49 AM
All District

SWOhioRiverbat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
GMC champs who rarely gave up goals. Defense usually wins at this point in the tournament. I was definitely wrong! Congrats to loveland. D
Old 10-28-17, 11:53 AM
Freshman

Sinsinatiphan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
West scheduled Withrow late because Loveland didn't want to play us (I'll let you figure out why). So before you go popping off at the mouth you should know the facts! SMH

Best of luck to all the teams tomorrow (yes even Loveland).
First off, the fact west scheduled withrow is pretty much the least important fact i put in that entire thing, a very minor point.. I almost didn't put it in and now that you're attacking me for it I really wish I hadn't. I'm much more interested in what you thought about everything else, (the 6-3 record, etc since those were actually the main points)

Secondly, i did get a fact wrong but it involved Centerville, not west, and as you see he politely pointed it out and I apologized for it and genuinely felt bad because I know that is a poor look for me to get that wrong..

Know the facts before i "pop off" at the mouth? What did i do wrong? Was i incorrect that west scheduled withrow? Did i get that fact wrong? Cuz that is all i said...to show so reminence of fairness I also "ripped into" Anderson for the same exact thing but you probably already finished writing your attacking message before you got to that point..

If you're upset that I didn't mention LHS dropped west because you beat us every year, that's fine. For whatever reason that game was usually dominated by the coaches yelling at the ref. Anyways and with about only 40 minutes of actual soccer being played. I even left early the year you beat us with 50 secs left because it was just so hard to watch a game like that. To be honest it's probably for the best for both programs that matchup was dropped because those games were not healthy for anybody. Also Having back to back 4 win seasons is a pretty good reason to ease the schedule but you might notice Loveland didn't add a "withrow" to replace west on their schedule..BOTH Loveland and west had to find new opponents, Loveland found lasalle (since Xavier dropped us probably due to beating us by 5 every year which makes today interesting) and Fairmont (not a great team but still no withrow) so the question implied in my post was, why withrow? West already gets to play Middletown, Princeton, Hamilton, oak hills.. even you have to admit there's something wrong with West scheduling Withrow. i just feel they should've added a Better team if they want to be known for playing a tough out of conference schedule because I'm assuming they scheduled Loveland back when Loveland was quite good, on purpose. It wouldn't have been hard for them to do that even if it was "late", cuz i'm assuming Loveland had the same time frame to work with unless there's a conspiracy that Loveland scheduled behind West's back trying to screw you over..( I'm guessing high school sports aren't that important to do anything like that)

I Really didn't mean to get anyone so bent out of shape. I liked the debate and all i did was just point out the obvious and I'm pretty sure i got my "fact" correct because all i said was they scheduled them and if it was late, so what? If it was cuz Loveland couldn't handle west, so what? Feel free to bring that point to the table but you don't have to lay into me for no reason. It doesn't take away the fact that they decided to play withrow when they could have easily chosen someone else. EVERYBODY is scrambling for games late don't tell me withrow was the only team available cuz no one is buying that.
"Go cincy teams, even Loveland?" What on Earth do you have against Loveland? I don't think there's a single sport besides girls soccer that Loveland can possibly compete with Lakota West and yet somehow we have made it hard for you to root for us? I have absolutely no problem rooting for West because I think you give us one of the best chances out the city.
Just very confused by your anger. Just embrace the debate?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-17, 12:00 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Lol. Someone taking yappi too seriously.
Old 10-28-17, 01:37 PM
Varsity

Bearcat_phan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
First off, the fact west scheduled withrow is pretty much the least important fact i put in that entire thing, a very minor point.. I almost didn't put it in and now that you're attacking me for it I really wish I hadn't. I'm much more interested in what you thought about everything else, (the 6-3 record, etc since those were actually the main points)

Secondly, i did get a fact wrong but it involved Centerville, not west, and as you see he politely pointed it out and I apologized for it and genuinely felt bad because I know that is a poor look for me to get that wrong..

Know the facts before i "pop off" at the mouth? What did i do wrong? Was i incorrect that west scheduled withrow? Did i get that fact wrong? Cuz that is all i said...to show so reminence of fairness I also "ripped into" Anderson for the same exact thing but you probably already finished writing your attacking message before you got to that point..

If you're upset that I didn't mention LHS dropped west because you beat us every year, that's fine. For whatever reason that game was usually dominated by the coaches yelling at the ref. Anyways and with about only 40 minutes of actual soccer being played. I even left early the year you beat us with 50 secs left because it was just so hard to watch a game like that. To be honest it's probably for the best for both programs that matchup was dropped because those games were not healthy for anybody. Also Having back to back 4 win seasons is a pretty good reason to ease the schedule but you might notice Loveland didn't add a "withrow" to replace west on their schedule..BOTH Loveland and west had to find new opponents, Loveland found lasalle (since Xavier dropped us probably due to beating us by 5 every year which makes today interesting) and Fairmont (not a great team but still no withrow) so the question implied in my post was, why withrow? West already gets to play Middletown, Princeton, Hamilton, oak hills.. even you have to admit there's something wrong with West scheduling Withrow. i just feel they should've added a Better team if they want to be known for playing a tough out of conference schedule because I'm assuming they scheduled Loveland back when Loveland was quite good, on purpose. It wouldn't have been hard for them to do that even if it was "late", cuz i'm assuming Loveland had the same time frame to work with unless there's a conspiracy that Loveland scheduled behind West's back trying to screw you over..( I'm guessing high school sports aren't that important to do anything like that)

I Really didn't mean to get anyone so bent out of shape. I liked the debate and all i did was just point out the obvious and I'm pretty sure i got my "fact" correct because all i said was they scheduled them and if it was late, so what? If it was cuz Loveland couldn't handle west, so what? Feel free to bring that point to the table but you don't have to lay into me for no reason. It doesn't take away the fact that they decided to play withrow when they could have easily chosen someone else. EVERYBODY is scrambling for games late don't tell me withrow was the only team available cuz no one is buying that.
"Go cincy teams, even Loveland?" What on Earth do you have against Loveland? I don't think there's a single sport besides girls soccer that Loveland can possibly compete with Lakota West and yet somehow we have made it hard for you to root for us? I have absolutely no problem rooting for West because I think you give us one of the best chances out the city.
Just very confused by your anger. Just embrace the debate?

I think you’re being a little too sensitive....lighten up. You were the one that initially bad-mouthed West’s schedule....he was just clarifying why West had the opening. Aside from the one game vs Withrow, the non conference schedule was very good. Coach probably worked the add on game such that it didn’t conflict with an opportunity that would allow him to see one of his son’s games as he plays at another local high school and this is his senior season....though to argue him wanting every opportunity watch his son this year.

I think the message too was good luck to all the Cincy schools this weekend...beat Dayton. Even Loveland...was implied humor based on his response to you.
Old 10-28-17, 01:51 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_phan View Post
I think youíre being a little too sensitive....lighten up. You were the one that initially bad-mouthed Westís schedule....he was just clarifying why West had the opening. Aside from the one game vs Withrow, the non conference schedule was very good. Coach probably worked the add on game such that it didnít conflict with an opportunity that would allow him to see one of his sonís games as he plays at another local high school and this is his senior season....though to argue him wanting every opportunity watch his son this year.

I think the message too was good luck to all the Cincy schools this weekend...beat Dayton. Even Loveland...was implied humor based on his response to you.
I have no problem with him clarifying. I even said that. Loveland dropped west because we couldn't handle them? Fine. West Wanted to schedule around his son? Excellent. But just say that then? There's a reason why I Don't mind YOU correcting me. You didn't accuse me of "popping off at the mouth" .. we treat each other with respect without attacking each other like that and this can be fun and informative. If we don't, then this whole thing is a waste of time.

Old 10-31-17, 10:07 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifelongFCCFan View Post
SinSin - Great stuff. I agree that the ECC is having a great run in the tourney and Anderson is probably the favorite to win the Region. While winning a State Championship would go a long way, consistently defeating GMC opponents on a yearly basis would greatly improve the respect of the ECC

For example, here is top half of the GMC's record against the ECC in the regular season over the past 4 years -
Fairfield - 7 Wins, 4 Losses, 1 Tie
Sycamore - 4 Wins, 2 Losses, 2 Ties
Mason - 5 Wins, 0 Losses, 1 Tie
West - 7 Wins, 2 Losses

FYI - Anderson's record is 2 Wins, 4 Losses over that same 4-year window vs GMC during the regular season

Also, do you know why Lakota West scheduled Withrow? It was because Loveland backed out of their schedule. Thus, West had to scramble to fill that slot early in their season and Withrow was the only available opponent. West had previously beaten Loveland 6 straight years in the regular season, so I am sure that had some impact on their coach wanting to schedule a different opponent.

With all that said, the ECC has a great opportunity to win 2 district titles. Best of luck
I completely agree with you that it will take time. I guess I'm just trying to be the first person to announce its arrival and it looks like it won't just be a fluke year either. This year was very good for the ECC and it looks like it just might last. I think Walnut's JV was the only team or one of the only teams to beat St. X. Anderson will be tough as long as Adams stays and Loveland was all Juniors this year. Even Milford is going to be better, they were very sophomore heavy on Varsity. And I'm assuming Turpin will be typical Turpin even though forest hills changed how they do things now.

I think your "graphic" there is a very good representation of how the last 4 years have gone. It's unfortunate that that time frame involves Loveland's worst 2 seasons in a while as well as including the fact that Anderson was winning 2 games a year before Adams arrived last year which is a bit of a misrepresentation of who Anderson is now, obviously, but I also can't ignore it as fact either. but I wouldn't say it's far off from how I view the conferences.

I agree that it will take a few years to ever argue that the ECC is better or even on par but as I said my mission is just to start garnering more respect. I think the biggest shame, this year, was that Loveland decided to play Turpin. Would've been nice to see Turpin make a run too instead of seeing the ECC feast on itself but I suppose casualties are inevitable. I think it says a lot that Both teams wanted to face fairfield. Usually ECC teams would go anywhere else to avoid the GMC champ but when it's not mason or West things change.
Old 10-31-17, 10:17 AM
Freshman

It also might be worth noting that a lot of those records against the ECC are similar to how they fair against their own GMC schools. I mean mason is 32-2-4 the last 4 years against GMC schools so 5-0-1 against the ECC doesn't really say much about whether or not the ECC challenges mason anymore than its own conference does. (Shoutout to loveland for that mason tie )
In fact if we want to do crazy math.. The ECC averages 1 result for every 6 games against mason where as the GMC has 6 results in 38 games, meaning it takes 6.33 games for a gmc result against mason.. ( I know, I know it's pointless because Mason plays the top half of the ECC whereas they play everybody in the GMC).. but math is fun right!?
Old 10-31-17, 05:44 PM
All District

Quote:
Come on man, you clearly were calling out West for scheduling Withrow considering you followed up the comment by repeating it in parenthesis. The reason it struck a nerve with me is the fact that you were gushing all over Loveland (which was the team that wouldn't play West) and again I'll let you figure out why (I have my opinions).

Here is the point, don't call out a team for scheduling a soft team when you don't know the facts behind why they scheduled them, let alone when it is your team ducking playing said team.

I stand by my original response that you were popping off at the mouth.
Old 10-31-17, 06:49 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Come on man, you clearly were calling out West for scheduling Withrow considering you followed up the comment by repeating it in parenthesis. The reason it struck a nerve with me is the fact that you were gushing all over Loveland (which was the team that wouldn't play West) and again I'll let you figure out why (I have my opinions).

Here is the point, don't call out a team for scheduling a soft team when you don't know the facts behind why they scheduled them, let alone when it is your team ducking playing said team.

I stand by my original response that you were popping off at the mouth.
And im allowed to stand by the fact that withrow was indeed scheduled by west that is ALL i said (yes i said it twice, you have 100% awareness). I also have no problem figuring out why Loveland dropped Lakota West just as I have no problem understanding why xavier dropped loveland but you'll notice loveland had no problem finding decent opponents to play.

If it struck a nerve with you, you're going to have to get over it, I already have. Lakota west wins enough championships to be able to ignore jabs like this from a lowly Loveland fan. Loveland won 8 Games in 2 years until this year. The fact that you are giving me this much attention is quite shocking and a shame because this was never meant to be a loveland vs. West debate because there really is no debate to be had. This was supposed to be a debate about the possible changing of the Winds when it comes to Cincinnati public school soccer conference dominance but you've ruined it for everybody with your thin-skin about one comment I made (a comment that was not untrue and again I made the exact same comment about Anderson and yet you don't see them getting defensive about it)

When I saw you responded to this I seriously couldn't believe you're still on this.. move on bruv, for yourself, move on

Old 10-31-17, 07:04 PM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And im allowed to stand by the fact that withrow was indeed scheduled by west that is ALL i said (yes i said it twice, you have 100% awareness). I also have no problem figuring out why Loveland dropped Lakota West just as I have no problem understanding why xavier dropped loveland but you'll notice loveland had no problem finding decent opponents to play.

If it struck a nerve with you, you're going to have to get over it, I already have. Lakota west wins enough championships to be able to ignore jabs like this from a lowly Loveland fan. Loveland won 8 Games in 2 years until this year. The fact that you are giving me this much attention is quite shocking and a shame because this was never meant to be a loveland vs. West debate because there really is no debate to be had. This was supposed to be a debate about the possible changing of the Winds when it comes to Cincinnati public school soccer conference dominance but you've ruined it for everybody with your thin-skin about one comment I made (a comment that was not untrue and again I made the exact same comment about Anderson and yet you don't see them getting defensive about it)

When I saw you responded to this I seriously couldn't believe you're still on this.. move on bruv, for yourself, move on

Blahhhh blahhhhh blahhhh... Mason beat Loveland this year and Mason "sucked" this year apparently... You ECC folks need to learn how to deal with success if you're going to demand respect after one good year in 10.
Old 11-01-17, 08:58 AM
Junior Varsity

SuperSoccerFan555 is on a distinguished road
Mic drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Blahhhh blahhhhh blahhhh... Mason beat Loveland this year and Mason "sucked" this year apparently... You ECC folks need to learn how to deal with success if you're going to demand respect after one good year in 10.
Defending ďyou ECC folksĒ: do some homework and compare GMC state soccer champions B/G and ECC state soccer champions!
Old 11-01-17, 02:45 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoccerFan555 View Post
Defending ďyou ECC folksĒ: do some homework and compare GMC state soccer champions B/G and ECC state soccer champions!
Answer:

GMC - MASON boys and LAKOTA WEST girls

ECC - TURPIN girls 4 championships TURPIN boys 3 championships
Old 11-01-17, 08:20 PM
All District

Girls... Lol. They got their own side.

However, congrats to Anderson. Gutsy win and a real one. Good luck against Beavercreek, now ALL of our hopes are riding on you. Well done.
Old 11-01-17, 08:45 PM
All District

Quote:

However, congrats to Anderson. Gutsy win and a real one. Good luck against Beavercreek, now ALL of our hopes are riding on you. Well done.
Anderson will not beat Beavercreek. Creek is the real deal this year, maybe the best HS team I have ever seen.
Old 11-01-17, 08:50 PM
All District

Quote:

Can't believe I'm still on it and yet here you are still "popping off at the mouth". My guess is you only do that online. Your condescending comments don't bother me, your ignorance does.
Old 11-01-17, 08:51 PM
All District

Quote:
Anderson will not beat Beavercreek. Creek is the real deal this year, maybe the best HS team I have ever seen.
I don't disagree... But as it goes Anderson is Cinci's last hope, soooooo hopefully they can give em hell at least.
Old 11-01-17, 09:10 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:

Nice deflection on the girls side. Lol

Boys side ECC 3 state championships. LOL
Old 11-01-17, 09:37 PM
Varsity

cinrunner is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Little. Orange. Vapid hype. Overrated. D2 level. Anything else you would like to get out while the Redskins continue proving you wrong at every turn?
Old 11-02-17, 06:52 AM
Freshman

TickyTack is on a distinguished road
Sec! Sec! Sec!
Old 11-02-17, 07:36 AM
Varsity

Quote:
The Anderson senior boys have played against these Beavercreek boys for years in club play. It is nothing they have not seen before so i would not count them out on Saturday. Should be a good game.
Old 11-02-17, 07:46 AM
All American

ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrunner View Post
The Anderson senior boys have played against these Beavercreek boys for years in club play. It is nothing they have not seen before so i would not count them out on Saturday. Should be a good game.
Ok?
Old 11-02-17, 07:59 AM
Freshman

getagrip is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And the Anderson transfer from London, who is the leading scorer in ECC this year, seems to be a game changer.
Old 11-02-17, 10:15 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoccerFan555 View Post
Nice deflection on the girls side. Lol

Boys side ECC 3 state championships. LOL
16 years ago.
Old 11-02-17, 10:16 AM
All District

Quote:
Little. Orange. Vapid hype. Overrated. D2 level. Anything else you would like to get out while the Redskins continue proving you wrong at every turn?
The hype is still vapid. But you're truly it now, so go get 'em. Many of us want to see you win Vs Beavercreek.
Old 11-02-17, 11:40 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbyb View Post
The 2 best teams Beavercreek has played all year are Sycamore and LW. The 3rd and 4rth place finishers in the GMC.
Tied Sycamore and roughed up LW.

Beavercreek has not played in a game decided by 1 goal in ALL 19 of their wins. Every single win has been by 2 or more goals.

Anderson has allowed 1 or fewer goals in 19 of their 20 wins.
Beavercreek also beat Centerville who beat Moeller who best Anderson.....so there is that too.
Old 11-02-17, 12:10 PM
Varsity

Quote:
16 years ago.
First one was D1 last two were D2
Old 11-02-17, 02:17 PM
Freshman

Packerfan is on a distinguished road
Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbyb View Post
The 2 best teams Beavercreek has played all year are Sycamore and LW. The 3rd and 4rth place finishers in the GMC.
Tied Sycamore and roughed up LW.

Beavercreek has not played in a game decided by 1 goal in ALL 19 of their wins. Every single win has been by 2 or more goals.

Anderson has allowed 1 or fewer goals in 19 of their 20 wins.
Beavercreek was missing a starting defender vs Sycamore and played a man down the last several minutes due to a red card (one on the boys said something to the Ref). That starter plus the injured defender missed the St. Charles game (the other tie) as well. Hard to compare based on those results.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: