Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-25-17, 08:17 AM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrunner View Post
Yes, unearned. Past strength has absolutely no bearing on current strength. Unfortunately for you, talented Mason teams of the past couldn't help you advance in the 2017 playoffs. If they could, perhaps that anemic attack may have been able to actually score a goal against St. X and avoided getting sent home early. For now, enjoy watching the Redskins and their ECC brethren Loveland move on. Pretty good for such a terrible conference, huh? Also, bringing up the former D2 thing should be embarrassing for you. All those students and you can't even put 11 on the field better than what these former D2 schools can? Pretty pathetic honestly.
Show me where I said Mason would win. Any game, any post anywhere.

Past strength for a Conference sure as heck has bearing on current strength in every sport everywhere.

If your comment doesn't epitomize the "Boise State" mentality.... nothing does.

You're on the exact same track as last year. With a pretty similar tournament draw. If you recall I figured you'd win your section and get punted after. You still got one win to get to make me right. I suggest you enjoy your 15 mins.

Last edited by 2731; 10-25-17 at 08:52 AM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #32  
Old 10-25-17, 09:29 AM
SOCCERCOACH1 SOCCERCOACH1 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-21-15
Posts: 3
SOCCERCOACH1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrunner View Post
The GMC champions just got blown out by an ECC team for the 2nd time this year. Neither of those two teams were the ECC champs. Also, I never called the ECC a power conference. I'm just saying if the ECC supposedly isn't any good, than the GMC sure as hell isn't either. The results speak for themselves. But at least you still have your unearned sense of superiority, right?
Overall GMC was down this year no doubt. Mason was certainly down - their 6 losses was most for a Mason team since 2004 when they were back in the FAVC. Boys just couldn't find the back of the net this year. It happens. As for Anderson and their schedule, sometimes it takes a few years to get stronger out of conference games scheduled - against teams from Columbus etc. They did play a few quality non-conference opponents this year with the likes of Moeller and St. X; just need to add a few more....and I suspect they will continue to add quality opponents in the future similar to what Mason has done by adding the likes of St. Ignatius and Olentangy Liberty etc. Typically teams of that caliber will only come looking to play you once you prove yourself by winning a regional title etc.. Anderson has a chance to make its mark this year and get a chance to get some of the better in-state teams to put them on their schedule.

Best of luck to all Cincy area teams in the Disricts and Regionals!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-25-17, 10:11 AM
Bearcat_phan Bearcat_phan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 86
Bearcat_phan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCCERCOACH1 View Post
Overall GMC was down this year no doubt. Mason was certainly down - their 6 losses was most for a Mason team since 2004 when they were back in the FAVC. Boys just couldn't find the back of the net this year. It happens. As for Anderson and their schedule, sometimes it takes a few years to get stronger out of conference games scheduled - against teams from Columbus etc. They did play a few quality non-conference opponents this year with the likes of Moeller and St. X; just need to add a few more....and I suspect they will continue to add quality opponents in the future similar to what Mason has done by adding the likes of St. Ignatius and Olentangy Liberty etc. Typically teams of that caliber will only come looking to play you once you prove yourself by winning a regional title etc.. Anderson has a chance to make its mark this year and get a chance to get some of the better in-state teams to put them on their schedule.

Best of luck to all Cincy area teams in the Disricts and Regionals!
I donít think the conference was down.....there was rather a lot of parity within the conference. Last night was overall a bad night for the conference being that 4 out of the 5 teams got beat but the top 4 teams in the conference were among the best teams in the city all season. Up until last night Fairfield only had one loss, Sycamore tied Summit and Beavercreek, Mason while down for their standards still competed with everyone on their difficult schedule. Lakota West is still playing and has wins over StX and Sycamore and was 4 minutes away from upsetting Moeller early in the year. I think there was a lot of parity among all the top teams in the city and itís going to be tough to predict who wins the trip to state....my bet is thatíll be one of the teams from Cincy.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-25-17, 10:39 AM
iluvsnow iluvsnow is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-26-07
Posts: 336
iluvsnow is on a distinguished road
I'll take Creek...you can have the field.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-25-17, 11:08 AM
cinrunner cinrunner is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-27-08
Posts: 79
cinrunner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
Show me where I said Mason would win. Any game, any post anywhere.

Past strength for a Conference sure as heck has bearing on current strength in every sport everywhere.

If your comment doesn't epitomize the "Boise State" mentality.... nothing does.

You're on the exact same track as last year. With a pretty similar tournament draw. If you recall I figured you'd win your section and get punted after. You still got one win to get to make me right. I suggest you enjoy your 15 mins.
If my comment represents the "Boise State," mentality, yours represents the "Texas," mentality. Glory years behind you, but still as smug and unbearable as ever. But I do like how you dropped the whole "D2," thing after you realized you put yourself in a pretzel by having the gall to bring it up.

As for saying that past conference strength has any bearing on current strength, please give me one reason as to why it matters in high school sports. Does the GMC being good in the past give them an additional playoff bye? Should Sycamore have gotten a goal head start last night because they play in the mighty GMC while Anderson flounders in the mediocrity of the ECC? Your delusions of grandeur are even stronger than ever despite being proven wrong over and over again.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-25-17, 11:27 AM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrunner View Post
If my comment represents the "Boise State," mentality, yours represents the "Texas," mentality. Glory years behind you, but still as smug and unbearable as ever. But I do like how you dropped the whole "D2," thing after you realized you put yourself in a pretzel by having the gall to bring it up.

As for saying that past conference strength has any bearing on current strength, please give me one reason as to why it matters in high school sports. Does the GMC being good in the past give them an additional playoff bye? Should Sycamore have gotten a goal head start last night because they play in the mighty GMC while Anderson flounders in the mediocrity of the ECC? Your delusions of grandeur are even stronger than ever despite being proven wrong over and over again.
I don't feel bad about the D2 comment at all. You played McNick (Cov Cath minus their petition?). You should be ready for Carroll. I love how you're wearing success. In a program that wants to create Tradition. You blow it up lol. I do love that delusions of grandeur comment though...lol that actually pretty awesome coming from you.

And Seb, I'm thinking Mason would pass on that, Tradition pretty much dictates who we play. And if WE blew it up.... folk's heads would explode. Also I'm pretty sure the underclassmen benefited from the schedule, even if it doesn't show on the HS field next year, it will show in their club seasons.

Again good luck in the districts my prediction is riding on you.

Last edited by 2731; 10-25-17 at 11:48 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-25-17, 11:54 AM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 516
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbyb View Post
If Anderson ups their schedule to "be like Mason", will that ensure an early round exit in the tourney just like Mason?
Who has Beavercreek played? How has that worked out for them?

There is no correlation between playing a tough schedule and post-season success, ZERO.

Also, playing 20 games over 10 weeks is suicide, so why load up your schedule and risk injuries/fatigue? These aren't machines we're talking about and good coaches understand RECOVERY.

Anderson had a very heavy summer schedule and pre-season. They had time to recover and played a good regular season schedule.

Maybe it's Mason that needs to be a little more like Anderson.
In a single elimination playoff system i do not think either has a huge bearing on how far you go. If St X chose Anderson's bracket they may be out and Mason would have played Milford or someone else. From Mason's perspective playing the more challenging schedule is more about challenging the team and building a program that draws players so that they do not opt out for DA/academy programs. I think the reality is the best players are scattered throughout the teams and this year Mason has three high level (CUP GOLD/Columbus Crew Players) not play High School. One or two could have been the difference in St X game. I see this trend having more of an impact in the future as top players will be playing DA (and not allowed to participate in HS) This ultimately may help a school like Mason who has 30 or so club players at tryouts every summer.

Good Luck to all the Cincinnati Teams. I would love to see someone knock of Beavercreek and move on to State.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-25-17, 01:03 PM
cinrunner cinrunner is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-27-08
Posts: 79
cinrunner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
I don't feel bad about the D2 comment at all. You played McNick (Cov Cath minus their petition?). You should be ready for Carroll. I love how you're wearing success. In a program that wants to create Tradition. You blow it up lol. I do love that delusions of grandeur comment though...lol that actually pretty awesome coming from you.

And Seb, I'm thinking Mason would pass on that, Tradition pretty much dictates who we play. And if WE blew it up.... folk's heads would explode. Also I'm pretty sure the underclassmen benefited from the schedule, even if it doesn't show on the HS field next year, it will show in their club seasons.

Again good luck in the districts my prediction is riding on you.
You're misunderstanding the point, so let me spell it all out for you. You were using the former D2 thing as an insult. I am saying that it's an embarrassment to a massive school like Mason to not be able to field an 11 as strong as a small school like Anderson, who barely has the numbers to remain in Division 1. But congrats on Mason playing such a tough schedule this season. Seems like it really prepared the team well for the post season, given the outstanding run they had all the way to the sectionals.

Also, I couldn't help but notice you still couldn't give me just one reason why past conference strength matters in the present day.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-25-17, 01:58 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
H
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrunner View Post
You're misunderstanding the point, so let me spell it all out for you. You were using the former D2 thing as an insult. I am saying that it's an embarrassment to a massive school like Mason to not be able to field an 11 as strong as a small school like Anderson, who barely has the numbers to remain in Division 1. But congrats on Mason playing such a tough schedule this season. Seems like it really prepared the team well for the post season, given the outstanding run they had all the way to the sectionals.

Also, I couldn't help but notice you still couldn't give me just one reason why past conference strength matters in the present day.
We should have played each other this year.

The reason conference strength matters is that two ECC teams have a decent run and you desperately want it to be a changing of the guard. If you actually didn't think it mattered you wouldn't have brought the comparison up to begin with. I didnt bring it up. Right now it defines you and your season, without it no one at all cares.

Does it win games? Getting pumped up.to compete against ghosts doesn't hurt.

Your success has no context and no definition without it.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-25-17, 02:00 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbyb View Post
"Traditionally" Mason doesn't lose in Sectionals and heads are likely exploding.To quote the best player to ever play soccer at Mason and playing college soccer locally, "that team sucks" and that was before losing to X.

This IS Anderson's 15 minutes. We will never put a better team on the field.The little school on Forest Road with 1100 kids is having a once in a lifetime season. Football team is 8-1, soccer 18-1.
Forgive us for enjoying those last few minutes!

Lol sucks! I contend you're overrated and I get back "sucks" That's pretty harsh. But I guess you're not used to being in the position you're in.

As for Mr. Soccer... He's got plenty to worry about where he is. Real life is right around the corner.

Last edited by 2731; 10-25-17 at 02:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-25-17, 03:27 PM
cinrunner cinrunner is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-27-08
Posts: 79
cinrunner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2731 View Post
H

We should have played each other this year.

The reason conference strength matters is that two ECC teams have a decent run and you desperately want it to be a changing of the guard. If you actually didn't think it mattered you wouldn't have brought the comparison up to begin with. I didnt bring it up. Right now it defines you and your season, without it no one at all cares.

Does it win games? Getting pumped up.to compete against ghosts doesn't hurt.

Your success has no context and no definition without it.
This is legitimately the worst attempt at an argument I've seen out of you yet. And that's saying something. Again, you continue to try and create a straw man. I'm not arguing that the ECC is becoming some sort of powerhouse. Never once have I said anything that implied that. What I am saying is that all your crying about Anderson's schedule seems to have been unwarranted, seeing as the ECC has proven itself to be stronger up front than the GMC this year, and the fact that Anderson has advanced further in the playoffs than Mason despite their comparatively weaker out of conference schedule. The past strength of GMC teams has gone to your head and had you much too overconfident in the current crop of teams. The results of this season speak for themselves.

I'll ask again, how is the strength of the GMC in the past relevant to this current season at all? You said earlier that past strength "sure as heck," has relevance to current strength, and have yet to state a single reason why. All you've done is try to put arguments into my mouth that I haven't been making.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-25-17, 03:36 PM
Futbol Enthusiast Futbol Enthusiast is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-28-16
Posts: 49
Futbol Enthusiast is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrunner View Post
This is legitimately the worst attempt at an argument I've seen out of you yet. And that's saying something. Again, you continue to try and create a straw man. I'm not arguing that the ECC is becoming some sort of powerhouse. Never once have I said anything that implied that. What I am saying is that all your crying about Anderson's schedule seems to have been unwarranted, seeing as the ECC has proven itself to be stronger up front than the GMC this year, and the fact that Anderson has advanced further in the playoffs than Mason despite their comparatively weaker out of conference schedule. The past strength of GMC teams has gone to your head and had you much too overconfident in the current crop of teams. The results of this season speak for themselves.

I'll ask again, how is the strength of the GMC in the past relevant to this current season at all? You said earlier that past strength "sure as heck," has relevance to current strength, and have yet to state a single reason why. All you've done is try to put arguments into my mouth that I haven't been making.
Anderson has had one of the easiest tournament runs so far. Mason played X in sectional finals. Thatís a regional semi matchup most of the time Anderson now has to play Carroll. Another great draw and one they should easily win . Making t farther in tournament means nothing
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-25-17, 04:30 PM
2731 2731 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-10-16
Posts: 229
2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrunner View Post
This is legitimately the worst attempt at an argument I've seen out of you yet. And that's saying something. Again, you continue to try and create a straw man. I'm not arguing that the ECC is becoming some sort of powerhouse. Never once have I said anything that implied that. What I am saying is that all your crying about Anderson's schedule seems to have been unwarranted, seeing as the ECC has proven itself to be stronger up front than the GMC this year, and the fact that Anderson has advanced further in the playoffs than Mason despite their comparatively weaker out of conference schedule. The past strength of GMC teams has gone to your head and had you much too overconfident in the current crop of teams. The results of this season speak for themselves.

I'll ask again, how is the strength of the GMC in the past relevant to this current season at all? You said earlier that past strength "sure as heck," has relevance to current strength, and have yet to state a single reason why. All you've done is try to put arguments into my mouth that I haven't been making.
Lol for the dude with the greatest team ever, you sure do cry a lot. You got 3 games to prove my argument a straw man. Otherwise no one remembers and they all fall back on conference tradition when they discuss the future. One season is all you got. Go get it. Also I'm not gonna bother quoting what you said. Everyone can see page 1. Your "easy" argument for the ECC ain't flying with anyone.

Last edited by 2731; 10-25-17 at 04:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-25-17, 06:20 PM
phatneff phatneff is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-08-04
Posts: 719
phatneff is on a distinguished road
That was entertainment! I'm glad I had some popcorn with me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-25-17, 08:34 PM
steelboot steelboot is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-16-12
Posts: 158
steelboot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameday10 View Post
Doesn't matter about Anderson no one will get past Moeller.
LOL. Moeller is most overrated team still in the tourney.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-25-17, 08:42 PM
steelboot steelboot is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-16-12
Posts: 158
steelboot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbyb View Post
"Traditionally" Mason doesn't lose in Sectionals and heads are likely exploding.To quote the best player to ever play soccer at Mason and playing college soccer locally, "that team sucks" and that was before losing to X.

This IS Anderson's 15 minutes. We will never put a better team on the field.The little school on Forest Road with 1100 kids is having a once in a lifetime season. Football team is 8-1, soccer 18-1.
Forgive us for enjoying those last few minutes!
I sincerely doubt JC said that about Mason's team. BTW he is the best player in Mason History.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-25-17, 10:10 PM
Gameday10 Gameday10 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-03-14
Posts: 259
Gameday10 is on a distinguished road
How is Moeller overrated look at the schedule they played this year.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-26-17, 07:38 AM
CincyIllinifan CincyIllinifan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-12-08
Location: Mason
Posts: 549
CincyIllinifan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatneff View Post
That was entertainment! I'm glad I had some popcorn with me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No kidding - everyone back to their corners now.

The teams left from the ECC certainly should be proud of their seasons so far - good luck going forward. Iíll have to secretly admit, Iím kind of hoping Reedy eventually retires, and Adam comes back to coach at his alma mater.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-26-17, 07:39 AM
CincyIllinifan CincyIllinifan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-12-08
Location: Mason
Posts: 549
CincyIllinifan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelboot View Post
I sincerely doubt JC said that about Mason's team. BTW he is the best player in Mason History.
Yeah, I agree - I canít see him saying that.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-26-17, 08:37 AM
Happygoluckky Happygoluckky is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-29-14
Posts: 516
Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Does not sound like Jack. It is also difficult to make a sweeping referendum about teams conferences on single elimination play-off game. I think on any given day 5-6 teams could beat each other. I expect some close games and if I was a betting man would choses Moeller or Beavercreek to win, but both are beatable. Coach Jones intensity cannot be underestimated either as his team seems to gut out wins in close games.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 10-26-17, 08:48 AM
Futbol Enthusiast Futbol Enthusiast is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-28-16
Posts: 49
Futbol Enthusiast is on a distinguished road
Moeller vs Beavercreek is going to be a hell of a game if they both win. Moeller won the matchup two years ago in double OT.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-26-17, 11:32 AM
ELKSONE's Avatar
ELKSONE ELKSONE is offline
GO ELKS!
 
Join Date: 10-16-03
Location: Centerville 39 Wayne 22
Posts: 6,947
ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
I no longer live in the Centerville area but noticed they are playing Moeller this Saturday. Is Moeller expected to walk though the ELKS without much effort or do you expect a tight game?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-26-17, 12:34 PM
steelboot steelboot is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-16-12
Posts: 158
steelboot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameday10 View Post
How is Moeller overrated look at the schedule they played this year.
The eye test. Have you seen them play?
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-26-17, 12:37 PM
steelboot steelboot is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 05-16-12
Posts: 158
steelboot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Does not sound like Jack. It is also difficult to make a sweeping referendum about teams conferences on single elimination play-off game. I think on any given day 5-6 teams could beat each other. I expect some close games and if I was a betting man would choses Moeller or Beavercreek to win, but both are beatable. Coach Jones intensity cannot be underestimated either as his team seems to gut out wins in close games.
Coach Jones from "Radio"? That a good one coach!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-26-17, 01:06 PM
Sinsinatiphan Sinsinatiphan is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-26-17
Posts: 8
Sinsinatiphan is on a distinguished road
Let's keep this going!

First and foremost, this has been an awesome debate and should be talked about a lot more. The ECC will always feel like the ACC to the SEC (GMC) due to school size and relative success but as we all see, itís not exactly rare that the ACC(ECC) will have its moments, this year is one of those moments. (the catholic league will just feel like Notre dame to us..all of them just out on their own playing by their own rules.)

*Disclaimer I am a Loveland (therefore ECC) fan who just loves high school soccer in general. Throughout my argument Iím not saying the ECC is better, Iím merely trying to earn the ECC more respect than it currently has because I think it deserves it.

Letís take a step back and realize that the GMC AS A WHOLE does not schedule tougher opponents. ONLY Mason schedules tough out of conference opponents to a significant degree (and it IS impressive who they get to play thereís no doubting that.) Sycamore def does an okay job with dublin and beavercreek. Fairfieldís toughest opponents were Moeller and 2 ECC teams (Loveland and Turpin) of which they went 1-2 against the ECC.. Before FF brags about Moeller.. ALL of the top half of the ECC played them too.. West, East,and FF do NOT schedule noticeably tougher opponents. Usually itís 1 good dayton team (typically itís centerville who didnít even reach a district final) and then Usually they play 2 or 3 of the best ECC teams to beef up their schedule. Are the Good ECC teams on your schedule what make it tough? Cuz i think weíll take that as a compliment haha. Because it goes both ways, then. (Again, we ALL play the catholic schools so thatís a wash)

This season is over for almost everyone..so letís compare. I focused on the Top half vs. the top half. Because otherwise weíd have skewed stats like (for example) Lakota west would have a skewed record of 3-1 vs. the ECC.. BUT once you look closer those 3 wins were vs. the bottom 3 teams in the ECC (For godís sake they SCHEDULED withrow, they SCHEDULED them!).The other 2 wins vs. west clermont and milford were post-seasonÖ) I think this is fair because I donít think anyone in the ECC is bragging about beating middletown or oakhills and letís leave the fact our lower teams played each other alone too since no one cares walnut beat someone like colerain or that they lost to princeton...letís just agree to leave the bottom half of our leagues out of it, they are nearly equally as pointless to our respective seasons.

The one argument you CAN make is that the ECC only has 2 horribly/awful teams whereas the GMC had about 4 this year. (surprised no one talks about the fact GMC schools get 4 inconference cupcakes, 5 if you count oakhills this year, which I do considering their 3-0 loss to milford who albeit annoying, milford is rarely a factor, but thatís just me) ECC schools only get 2 inconference cupcakes. Just above those bottom 2 are Milford and Walnut and they are massive pebbles in anybodyís shoe, even if horribly inconsistent. If you want to rip those two teams and say theyíre cupcakes I have no problem joining you but unlike teams like princeton, hamilton, colerain, middletown, even oakhills, at least Walnut has a great team ever other recruiting class that does well, jk , and with milford going 3-1 against the GMC this year (including a 3-2 win against East who I know is down but they were still in the top half of the GMC whereas milford is not.) I feel itís fair to say walnut and Milford donít belong in the same basement as the bottom 4 of GMC and bottom 2 of ECC, but thatís just me..

So here we goÖ

1. Anderson (ECC CHAMP) vs. GMC (2-0 but one was against middletown (to appear fair I have to rip AHS for SCHEDULING middletown if I rip west for SCHEDULING withrow, so the adjusted record is 1-0 with sycamore being the lone game between the top half.

2. Turpin (ECC 2nd) vs. GMC (3-0) W 3-0 vs. East, W 1-0 vs. West, W 4-1 vs. (GMC champ) FF

3. Loveland (ECC 3rd) vs. GMC ( 2-2) L 2-1 vs. FF, W 1-0 vs. Sycamore, L 1-0 vs. Mason, W 3-0 vs. FF (revenge win. Advantage Loveland going 4-2 on aggregate )

4. Kings (ECC 4th) vs. GMCÖ NADA.. They were to the ECC what East was to the GMC.. Not terrible but not relevant either.

East btw went 0-3 vs. ECC.. but being a frindge top half team like kings it's not really here nor there. I can't claim an 0-0 kings team is better than an 0-3 East team in inter-conference play.

So the top half of the ECC went a combined 6-3 vs. GMC with Neither Mason nor Anderson playing more than 1 of the other conferenceís teams. Is this just 1 year? Yes, it is a better year for the ECC than others but I donít feel like itís a huge difference. 3 years ago Loveland tied Mason the year after their state title during its amazing unbeaten run AND beat eventual GMC champs East (when muhammad was player of the year or something) and Loveland did this IN THE SAME YEAR and Loveland finished only 2nd the ECC that year. So what Iím trying to say is that this has been happening for a few years now. I AM curious if any year has been crazy lopsided because since Iíve been involved in the city socce,r there have definitely been one conference better than the other but I donít feel like either conference has ever been ďskunkedĒ

I know iím cherry picking but only a little. There are a few things everyone can agree on..EVERYONE in the GMC knows Turpin has historically been a team they donít want to play, and Walnut used to be that good but has since been replaced by Anderson in that role (and actually anderson has already accomplished more than Walnut ever did.). Give respect where respect is due, NOBODY in the GMC wants to play Anderson and NOBODY in the ECC wouldíve wanted to play mason (although we probably preferred that MASON beat X since our odds wouldnít be terrible against a team we only lost 1-0.)

I DO think that the ECC wonít get respect until we win a state championship (Iím guessing all of Turpinís don't count for us) which will be tough cuz even the GMC only has a few of their own thanks to Clevelandís dominance. But with each having 1 team go to the regional final last year and with the ECC having 2 teams left to GMCís 1 this year ( notably FF and Sycamore losing at the hands of ECC teams) I think the time is approaching where we start looking at the dynamic between the leagues a little differently. And I say this being optimistic for the ECC to keep this trend going keeping in mind it looks like Mason, Fairfield, east and to a certain extent, sycamore are in for a few rough years judging by their JV teams (Masonís was definitely ďgoodĒ but i think itís going to be a few more years of teams that arenít ďMason qualityĒ, just like this yearís team. But Iím not saying anything that I havenít already read on here. The rumbling about masonís slow albeit still very graceful demise are becoming more prevalent.).. But again with school populations like what the GMC have, sometimes they just need 1 year to reload, us smaller ECC schools donít have that luxury.

Feel free to tear me apart, Iím just happy to join the conversation. Itís refreshing talking about Div 1 stuff rather than hearing the dads complain about whether or not summit will win the state title by 13 or 14 goalsÖ

P.s. This is my first post ever.. Sorry for the length.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-26-17, 03:29 PM
Gameday10 Gameday10 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-03-14
Posts: 259
Gameday10 is on a distinguished road
Have seen Moeller play couple times nothing fancy but they do get results with a tough schedule they played.

Moeller vs Centerville should be a decent game but I think Moeller wins 2-0.

I think Lakota West is going to give Beavercreek a battle on Saturday but lose in OT.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-26-17, 04:07 PM
LifelongFCCFan LifelongFCCFan is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-05-16
Posts: 1
LifelongFCCFan is on a distinguished road
SinSin - Great stuff. I agree that the ECC is having a great run in the tourney and Anderson is probably the favorite to win the Region. While winning a State Championship would go a long way, consistently defeating GMC opponents on a yearly basis would greatly improve the respect of the ECC

For example, here is top half of the GMC's record against the ECC in the regular season over the past 4 years -
Fairfield - 7 Wins, 4 Losses, 1 Tie
Sycamore - 4 Wins, 2 Losses, 2 Ties
Mason - 5 Wins, 0 Losses, 1 Tie
West - 7 Wins, 2 Losses

FYI - Anderson's record is 2 Wins, 4 Losses over that same 4-year window vs GMC during the regular season

Also, do you know why Lakota West scheduled Withrow? It was because Loveland backed out of their schedule. Thus, West had to scramble to fill that slot early in their season and Withrow was the only available opponent. West had previously beaten Loveland 6 straight years in the regular season, so I am sure that had some impact on their coach wanting to schedule a different opponent.

With all that said, the ECC has a great opportunity to win 2 district titles. Best of luck
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-26-17, 04:10 PM
ELKSONE's Avatar
ELKSONE ELKSONE is offline
GO ELKS!
 
Join Date: 10-16-03
Location: Centerville 39 Wayne 22
Posts: 6,947
ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinsinatiphan View Post
Usually it’s 1 good dayton team (typically it’s centerville who didn’t even reach a district final)...
Centerville with a 13-2-3 record plays Moeller this Saturday for the District Final; you may be thinking of the girls team.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-26-17, 05:15 PM
Sinsinatiphan Sinsinatiphan is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-26-17
Posts: 8
Sinsinatiphan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKSONE View Post
Centerville with a 13-2-3 record plays Moeller this Saturday for the District Final; you may be thinking of the girls team.
Oh wow yeah you're right!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-26-17, 08:45 PM
Cincy_Futbol Cincy_Futbol is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-13-16
Posts: 116
Cincy_Futbol is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Does not sound like Jack. It is also difficult to make a sweeping referendum about teams conferences on single elimination play-off game. I think on any given day 5-6 teams could beat each other. I expect some close games and if I was a betting man would choses Moeller or Beavercreek to win, but both are beatable. Coach Jones intensity cannot be underestimated either as his team seems to gut out wins in close games.
Intense is an understatement. But like they say, a team is reflective of their coach and Anderson plays hard. Rooting for Cincinnati Saturday.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 U23 World Team Trials Yankeefan33 Wrestling 31 10-11-17 12:01 PM
Week 4 Games of the Week (Cincy) - Predictions Cincy_Futbol Boys Soccer 6 09-10-17 10:55 AM
PFF [Pro Football Focus] Week2 grades for Cincy area players Termite2 Football 0 09-07-17 05:34 PM
Favorite Semi or Final match at State TakeTwo Wrestling 12 07-29-17 07:21 AM
Cincy Flames 2018 14U Tryouts Flames2022 Baseball 14 07-15-17 05:59 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz