Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-03-17, 02:11 AM
humblechicajp humblechicajp is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-02-17
Posts: 6
humblechicajp is on a distinguished road
You must not have seen DP State Report Card!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-03-17, 06:48 AM
Youknow Youknow is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-06-15
Posts: 304
Youknow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblechicajp View Post
You must not have seen DP State Report Card!!!!
Please share that report card. . I have no problem with Deer Park. Their parents and community are crazy supportive of their deer park kids wether they win or lose. But none of these guys are Deer Park kids and that will be a whole other problem. Don’t believe me go look at deer park concerned citizens fb site. Rose in no way went to dp for education. Sycamore is right down the steeet, so is Moeller. The concern here is are these kids living in a deer park address with their custodial parent. Time will tell becuase they got the attention of every whistle blower in the city pretty much just based on the obviousness of it all
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-03-17, 08:18 AM
humblechicajp humblechicajp is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-02-17
Posts: 6
humblechicajp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
Here’s the problem though is are they living in those homes and or apartments with their custodial parent? You can drop them off where ever you want doesn’t mean that is the address of their custodial parent. Ohsaa rules say they must live with a custodial parent. The issue with deer park not being open enrollment is if they are not with a custodial parent forget eligibility to play basketball they aren’t even allowed to be enrolled in the school. Also there will be 8 of say 12 kids on the team that were not at deer park in 8th grade. 5 of the 8 transfered in this year. Can they prove they transfered for non athletic reasons? I hope everything is on the up and up. If there is one thing the deer park community is they are loyal and supportive of their deer park kids regardless of wins and losses they pack their gym to watch Deer Park kids play. Are deer park parents going to be ok with going to the game and seeing 0 deer park kids ok the floor?
Get your facts straight you are fishing for something instead of voicing what you think which is obviously not much pick up the OHSAA Manual and educate yourself on the Bylaws as it pertains to TRANSFERS!!!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-03-17, 08:21 AM
humblechicajp humblechicajp is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-02-17
Posts: 6
humblechicajp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
Please share that report card. . I have no problem with Deer Park. Their parents and community are crazy supportive of their deer park kids wether they win or lose. But none of these guys are Deer Park kids and that will be a whole other problem. Don’t believe me go look at deer park concerned citizens fb site. Rose in no way went to dp for education. Sycamore is right down the steeet, so is Moeller. The concern here is are these kids living in a deer park address with their custodial parent. Time will tell becuase they got the attention of every whistle blower in the city pretty much just based on the obviousness of it all
AGAIN ROSE transfer was based solely on his younger sister unhappiness in CPS so he sacrificed and entered DP as well and again DP has EXCELLENT ACADEMIC RATING!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-03-17, 08:27 AM
humblechicajp humblechicajp is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-02-17
Posts: 6
humblechicajp is on a distinguished road
The 2016-17 report card shows that Deer Park Schools has made significant growth and improvements across the board. While we were extremely pleased with our growth in many areas of the report card, we still know there are many areas where we can make improvements. The district will continue to work very hard to make even greater strides in all areas this year and beyond.

Key Highlights for Deer Park Schools from 2017 Report Card

• K-3 Literacy: Measures number of students on track in grades K-3.

◦ Moved from a component grade of an 'F' in 2016 to a 'B' in 2017



• Progress: Measures amount of annual student growth based on testing, with a “C” representing one year’s growth.

◦ ​Overall progress improved from an ‘F’ in 2016 to an ‘A’ in 2017



• 4-Year Graduation Rate: Measures number of students graduating within four years.

◦ Moved from a component grade of a 'B' in 2016 to an 'A' in 2017



• ​Performance Index: Represents the overall student level of achievement on state testing.

◦ Increased from 85.1 points in 2016 to 90.8 points in 2017



• Percentage of Students Proficient: Measures student scores that reach "proficiency" at each grade level and each subject area.

◦ Increases in 16 of 23 assessment areas, with 10 areas increasing by double-digit percentage points.



Quality Profile

Deer Park Schools, along with more than 85 school districts throughout Ohio, today released a comprehensive, community-oriented companion to the State’s District Report Card. Called a “Quality Profile,” the report includes additional accountability measures that are not captured by the state report card, but define a high quality education.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-03-17, 08:31 AM
Malibu Malibu is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Location: 513
Posts: 36
Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblechicajp View Post
AGAIN ROSE transfer was based solely on his younger sister unhappiness in CPS so he sacrificed and entered DP as well and again DP has EXCELLENT ACADEMIC RATING!!!!
There isn't really an objective view of academic performance, and there are flaws with most of these rating systems, but here is the link to the state report card site for DP.

http://reportcard.education.ohio.gov...rictIRN=043851
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-03-17, 09:05 AM
Red1234 Red1234 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-10-17
Posts: 9
Red1234 is on a distinguished road
Who is the favorite in the chl this upcoming year?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-03-17, 09:20 AM
Youknow Youknow is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-06-15
Posts: 304
Youknow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblechicajp View Post
The 2016-17 report card shows that Deer Park Schools has made significant growth and improvements across the board. While we were extremely pleased with our growth in many areas of the report card, we still know there are many areas where we can make improvements. The district will continue to work very hard to make even greater strides in all areas this year and beyond.

Key Highlights for Deer Park Schools from 2017 Report Card

• K-3 Literacy: Measures number of students on track in grades K-3.

◦ Moved from a component grade of an 'F' in 2016 to a 'B' in 2017



• Progress: Measures amount of annual student growth based on testing, with a “C” representing one year’s growth.

◦ ​Overall progress improved from an ‘F’ in 2016 to an ‘A’ in 2017



• 4-Year Graduation Rate: Measures number of students graduating within four years.

◦ Moved from a component grade of a 'B' in 2016 to an 'A' in 2017



• ​Performance Index: Represents the overall student level of achievement on state testing.

◦ Increased from 85.1 points in 2016 to 90.8 points in 2017



• Percentage of Students Proficient: Measures student scores that reach "proficiency" at each grade level and each subject area.

◦ Increases in 16 of 23 assessment areas, with 10 areas increasing by double-digit percentage points.



Quality Profile

Deer Park Schools, along with more than 85 school districts throughout Ohio, today released a comprehensive, community-oriented companion to the State’s District Report Card. Called a “Quality Profile,” the report includes additional accountability measures that are not captured by the state report card, but define a high quality education.
Well based on your above numbers if he would have never gone to Deer Park for education. He started there in 2016. Glad to see they are doing much better, although based on the state link your numbers arent exactly accurate. Regardless Deer Park is a great community and like i said their parents and fans are some of the most supportive out there. But im sorry if all these kids are living with their CUSTODIAL parent (which based on OHSAA) they must do then Gentry is in the wrong line of work and should be a realtor
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-03-17, 09:27 AM
93 red ls 93 red ls is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-22-13
Posts: 550
93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Man there wasn't a thread about DP football this large all season and already almost a whole page on deer park BBall and the season hasn't even started this year.... I like it....

Im a CHL grad so I root for CHL teams and for the league to be good....I hope DP wins it and knocks off some of the big boys...

Deer Park Wildcats: Wyoming and Deer Park are 1A and 1B pre-season in the CHL, which is a testament to the improvement that the Wildcats have made in Coach Gentry’s second year, as the team won 11 games last season (after winning just 3 combined games in the years preceding Gentry’s tenure). With a talented crew of transfers mixing in with some top returning talent, Deer Park is our easy choice as the top ranked D3 team in Cincinnati; led by sophomore guard Mark Wise (who averaged 15 PPG last season), junior wing Ibrahima Athie (12 PPG last year) and senior wing Jalen Rose (16 PPG last season), we are expecting Deer Park to put up some high scoring totals this season. Wise projects as one of the city’s top guards, but he’ll also receive assistance this year from two talented backcourt transfers, as sophomore Steve Gentry Jr (Purcell Marian) and strong bodied senior Damani McEntire (Oak Hill Academy/VA) are both enrolled at Deer Park. Gentry Jr will start as a pass-first point guard for the Wildcats, while McEntire will assist Wise in attacking the rim for baskets. Deer Park has some size with 6’6 junior Joe Hocker (who missed last year with injury), but expect this group to play a lot of guards, and play really fast en route to a lot of wins.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-03-17, 09:29 AM
Youknow Youknow is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-06-15
Posts: 304
Youknow is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=humblechicajp;6897338]Get your facts straight you are fishing for something instead of voicing what you think which is obviously not much pick up the OHSAA Manual and educate yourself on the Bylaws as it pertains to TRANSFERS!!![/QUOT

Not sure what facts need to be straight. Im just simply stating the rules in its easiest terms. Because DP is closed enrollment, if these kids are not living with either legal (meaning parents signed over rights to someone else)gaurdian, or custodial parent then it is a violation of the rule and arent even allowed to be enrolled let a lone play a sport. For example, say a kid lives with his mom whos the legal custodial parent in madisonville and he goes to shroder. Say that kids dad lives in Deer Park. For that kid to transfer to Deer Park and attend and play there the mom must go to court and give full custodial parental rights to Dad for that to happen. That is the rule
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-03-17, 09:29 AM
93 red ls 93 red ls is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-22-13
Posts: 550
93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1234 View Post
Who is the favorite in the chl this upcoming year?
you are a fool if you don't pick Wyoming or IH BUT DP will be right up there with them
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-03-17, 09:34 AM
Red1234 Red1234 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-10-17
Posts: 9
Red1234 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Youknow;6897465]
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblechicajp View Post
Get your facts straight you are fishing for something instead of voicing what you think which is obviously not much pick up the OHSAA Manual and educate yourself on the Bylaws as it pertains to TRANSFERS!!![/QUOT

Not sure what facts need to be straight. Im just simply stating the rules in its easiest terms. Because DP is closed enrollment, if these kids are not living with either legal (meaning parents signed over rights to someone else)gaurdian, or custodial parent then it is a violation of the rule and arent even allowed to be enrolled let a lone play a sport. For example, say a kid lives with his mom whos the legal custodial parent in madisonville and he goes to shroder. Say that kids dad lives in Deer Park. For that kid to transfer to Deer Park and attend and play there the mom must go to court and give full custodial parental rights to Dad for that to happen. That is the rule
Why are you only talking about deer park talk about others schools to .
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-03-17, 09:50 AM
MooseJaw MooseJaw is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-03-14
Posts: 139
MooseJaw is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Red1234;6897478]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
Why are you only talking about deer park talk about others schools to .
Because DP is the only school with a complete new roster full of kids (in a non open enrollment school)that have never lived there before and probably couldn't have even found Deer Park on a map...that's why. Not too hard to understand why there is so much controversy?!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-03-17, 09:52 AM
Youknow Youknow is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-06-15
Posts: 304
Youknow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 red ls View Post
you are a fool if you don't pick Wyoming or IH BUT DP will be right up there with them
Am i only one that think Wyoming may have lost a little to much to win the CHL this year? Lonnie Grayson, Prater, the Older Edmonds, Yes they return Joey and the younger Prater, are they expecting the freshmen Walker to play a huge role? I think its IH or Deer Park. But Madeira could be sneaky if Cravaak plays
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-03-17, 10:41 AM
humblechicajp humblechicajp is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-02-17
Posts: 6
humblechicajp is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=MooseJaw;6897503]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1234 View Post

Because DP is the only school with a complete new roster full of kids (in a non open enrollment school)that have never lived there before and probably couldn't have even found Deer Park on a map...that's why. Not too hard to understand why there is so much controversy?!
You are funny!!! Is it impossible to relocate do you think because the kids are black that their parents are irresponsible and don't want a better education for their child(ren) or do you think that they are in no position to relocate??Have you asked yourself are they property owners or business owners and can afford to purchase and or lease a residence in the district (DP) why has EVERYTHING that you have stated been negative? GO WILDCATS MAKE A RUN FOR THE CHL TITLE AND STATE!!!! You are probably the ref that always cheats for Indian Hill!!!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-03-17, 12:26 PM
MooseJaw MooseJaw is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-03-14
Posts: 139
MooseJaw is on a distinguished road
Yep, you nailed it...I'm the ref that always cheats for Indian Hill!

Look, I don't have a dog in this fight, my kid has graduated but I, and many others around the league smell a rat. IF all these kids and their parent(s) have moved to Deer Park and IF they have purchased a home or rented an apartment then there is no problem. The issue is that I've heard numerous stories that this may not be the case. It has nothing to do with the color of their skin so just go ahead and put away that overused race card. The other ridiculous argument is that they moved to Deer Park for the education. That's like saying people move to Florida for the cool weather. Let's just call it what it is - they are all moving there to play basketball. If they've done it legally then so be it, but if they haven't then its not fair to the CHL or any of the other teams.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-03-17, 02:55 PM
Carl Rick Carl Rick is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-28-09
Posts: 2,299
Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Wyoming, Deer Park, and IHill will be 1-3 in the league.
The DP report card looks pretty good. There are a couple people posting on here that I am hoping aren't DP students because they would help those scores.
The word is that DP does have an open for business sign on the door.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-03-17, 08:35 PM
Eagles123 Eagles123 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-11-16
Posts: 131
Eagles123 is on a distinguished road
DP hasn't even played a game yet. Maybe the kids in question aren't eligible to play. Maybe we should wait and see.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-03-17, 09:14 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,390
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
Practice started today so someone knows who was there today--I hope for the sake of the school and the kids who do live in Deer Park that DP doesn't get burned and have to forfiet games as the season winds down toward the tourney--never worth cheating to then have the embarrassment that kids were ineligible, but playing ahead of kids who do live in DP. Hopefully the DP Athletic Director vets all the documentation carefully!!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-03-17, 10:21 PM
The Ice Man The Ice Man is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-30-17
Posts: 5
The Ice Man is on a distinguished road
Race card my ...I am a 35 yr old BLACK ( and damn proud of it!) MAN...graduate of CPS....and an official...cheating is cheating...you want to recruit? coach in the gcl...I have been around this game for 25 years as a player coach and ref...if it is legit then play ball...but this smells bad...this don't play in the chl...You can post all the state crap you want...this is about ball and a coach...academics? really...you tootin that? I showed my Sis this and she damned near died busting...and her kids are there...just own it DP...you are becoming the Louisville of the Queen...rent a coach....rent a team...hey Gentry...I can still ball...rent ME a crib lol...refs know the gig now...if u don't get busted it's gonna be tough sledding
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 11-04-17, 07:10 PM
Carl Rick Carl Rick is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-28-09
Posts: 2,299
Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
It sure seems as though something is going on at Deer Park. Could be a legitimate deal but in all likelihood nothing will happen. Remember North College Hill?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-04-17, 09:38 PM
Red1234 Red1234 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-10-17
Posts: 9
Red1234 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
It sure seems as though something is going on at Deer Park. Could be a legitimate deal but in all likelihood nothing will happen. Remember North College Hill?
No what happened there?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-04-17, 11:46 PM
Carl Rick Carl Rick is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-28-09
Posts: 2,299
Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
OJ Mayo, Bill Walker, and a couple others "transferred" there.....
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-06-17, 08:36 AM
Youknow Youknow is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-06-15
Posts: 304
Youknow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles123 View Post
DP hasn't even played a game yet. Maybe the kids in question aren't eligible to play. Maybe we should wait and see.
I will bet the farm that they all wont sit a single game. Here's why. If you move into a district from another that is closed enrollment that means you should have a change of address which would make you eligible immediately.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-06-17, 12:16 PM
Yeoman Yeoman is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-25-11
Posts: 429
Yeoman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youknow View Post
If there is one thing the deer park community is they are loyal and supportive of their deer park kids regardless of wins and losses they pack their gym to watch Deer Park kids play. Are deer park parents going to be ok with going to the game and seeing 0 deer park kids ok the floor?
I've said this before: if a math or English teacher was combing junior highs looking for better students to bring in so her test results would be better, we'd think she'd lost her marbles. She's supposed to be teaching the kids she's got. And if the only reason a school's test results went up was because of great scores from a sudden influx of transfers we wouldn't be impressed.

I'm not entirely sure why we treat athletics differently. We're doing it wrong, and ultimately it's the communities' fault.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-06-17, 01:17 PM
CometCountry CometCountry is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-05
Posts: 2,390
CometCountry is on a distinguished road
If the DP administration checks accuracy of residences, birth certificates, guardianship, previous grades from other schools, etc... and the AD signs off that everyone is legal, then good luck on a great season and hopefully it doesn't come back to bite them at tourney time like it did Purcell-Marian a few years ago. The coach has to do what the AD and Administration tells him to do as far as who is legal and who is not--
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-06-17, 01:34 PM
Carl Rick Carl Rick is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-28-09
Posts: 2,299
Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
The OHSAA has a process where residence must be proven. To get around that process there has to be a number of people willing to forge documents and lie. It has happened before.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-06-17, 05:40 PM
tucker tucker is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-02-03
Posts: 4,734
tucker
who is the a.d. at deer park? is jim stoll on the staff at deer park in some capacity?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-06-17, 06:05 PM
Eagles123 Eagles123 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-11-16
Posts: 131
Eagles123 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker View Post
who is the a.d. at deer park? is jim stoll on the staff at deer park in some capacity?
Greg Huester AD

Jim Stoll is the business director for the district.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-07-17, 07:54 AM
93 red ls 93 red ls is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-22-13
Posts: 550
93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ice Man View Post
...if it is legit then play ball...but this smells bad...this don't play in the chl...
You do realize Wyoming's youth football is getting kicked out of their league this year for having players residing in other school districts that offer youth football correct? So it does happen in the CHL , even at the youth levels.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CHL Football 2017 MooseJaw Football 174 11-18-17 10:53 AM
CHL Football 2017 yappimember67 Football 6 08-28-17 09:22 PM
Ohio HS Football (WEEK 1) TV, Radio, Internet Streaming Broadcasts jhc2010 Football 19 08-25-17 06:22 PM
chl 2017 93 red ls Football 4 08-21-17 09:46 AM
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 16 06-18-17 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz