Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-25-17, 08:22 PM
Freshman

formerfanatic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
Walked into the goldmine that Coach Cramer had set up for him. Tim would have built the program up himself but his success was accelerated by Coach Cramer's work.
Or Tim Goodwin was actually able to get something out of talent that already there, unlike Cramer, who couldn't get them over .500. There are two different ways to look at it.

If your claim to fame is that a team has had incredible success AFTER you were removed from the job, it says a lot about your ability as a coach. That would be akin to someone saying, "Yeah, the business was tanking while I was in control. Couldn't turn a profit. But after they fired me, things really took off. Now it's a fortune 500 company. But only because I was there before it got turned around." It's non-nonsensical.

Bottom line, I doubt anyone misses Cramer.
Old 10-25-17, 09:06 PM
All Ohio

tonka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by natihsfan View Post
Will this be the year the Aiken coach finally gets out? He applies at every opening
Not if the potential school watches his behavior from the Milton Union playoff game last year
Old 10-25-17, 09:23 PM
All Ohio

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ER8868 View Post
Is it official that they are looking for a head coach? I am aware of the struggles but have not seen where it is official.
No it is not but if any one in the MAC would open up, I think it'd be Versailles. They've underperformed under Adam Miller's entire tenure and I was never sold on him. They're competitive but he just can't get them over the hump.
Old 10-25-17, 10:32 PM
All American

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
They've underperformed under Adam Miller's entire tenure and I was never sold on him.
'Never sold on him?' You were a senior when he was hired, lol.

His Tiger teams have played 10 state champions in the regular season over the past five years, defeating one of them. They've also faced three state runners-up, two state semi-finalists, and four regional runners-up, winning one of those and four of the loses were by one score or less.

Their schedules have been brutal, and they've been very close to knocking off some great teams. Absent any issues we don't know about, I have a feeling Coach Miller will have a job at Versailles for a long time.
Old 10-26-17, 04:52 AM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
'Never sold on him?' You were a senior when he was hired, lol.

His Tiger teams have played 10 state champions in the regular season over the past five years, defeating one of them. They've also faced three state runners-up, two state semi-finalists, and four regional runners-up, winning one of those and four of the loses were by one score or less.

Their schedules have been brutal, and they've been very close to knocking off some great teams. Absent any issues we don't know about, I have a feeling Coach Miller will have a job at Versailles for a long time.
All MAC schools have basically the same schedule, since Miller has been HC the Tigers have been very inconsistent playing well one week, than not so well the following week. This year is a good ex. blasting Celina week one than losing to Delphos Jefferson the following week. But I hope your right that Versailles is ok with mediocre, Marion Local is still about 15 games under .500 life time vs. the Tigers keep the same HC their and hopefully in another 10 years the Flyers will be close to even all time against Versailles. If the Tigers def. New Bremen this week Versailles will have a 27-33 record under Miller in his 6 seasons as HC, how long do you think a coach with that kind of record would last at ML or Coldwater ?

Last edited by Stirred not Shaken; 10-26-17 at 05:15 AM.
Old 10-26-17, 06:26 AM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Champ Kind;6880252]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4ml View Post

Goodwin did walk into a great situation. He would’ve been successful anyway but Coach Cramer laid the foundation.

Not that it matters, but I am originally from the Chickasaw area.

Do not know what foundation Cramer set for Goodwin if any, however other posters should not kid themselves the only reason Cramer was let go was because of his record, antics or no antics on his part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-17, 07:58 AM
All District

Thunderstruck2652 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Solon coach should be fired.
There are a ton of politics in play at Solon right now that will ensure that McQuaide keeps his job at least for the next three years.

To begin with, the Head Coach's son (who was either a freshman or sophomore this year) is a QB on the team. Knowing the Superintendent, Principal and Athletic Director of the school, there is no way that they'll be willing to oust the coach while his son is attending the high school - the culture at the school is all about coddling and hand-holding the students and the optics of such a move would be the exact opposite of that image. Unless the team really goes south and has a losing record some time before the coach's son graduates, McQuaide will be safe.

With all that said, this was the first year in which the grumbling about McQuaide developed from a small but vocal minority to a consensus of parents and fans that are tired of underperforming teams. Solon had a really talented team this year and for them to miss the playoffs altogether is patently unacceptable IMO - even an average coach could have guided this team into the playoffs 9 out of 10 times; out of all of the games that they lost, every single one of them was a close loss that even an average coach probably would have lucked into winning one or two of them. McQuaide will be in his position for another 3 years but if the team underperforms like it did this season over those three years, look for a change to happen at that time.
Old 10-26-17, 08:27 AM
All District

TR1982 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
Not if the potential school watches his behavior from the Milton Union playoff game last year
I was at that game last year over on the aiken side in the stands, and his behavior was that of a coach that was trying to defend his players and keep them safe. he was no worse than bolden, specht, or any other coach in the bigger schools.
Old 10-27-17, 08:49 AM
Freshman

JustAFan1971 is on a distinguished road
Okay, who has to win tonight to keep their job?
Old 10-27-17, 09:06 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
Mahon is a wildcard. I think he got a pretty good full time gig in Little Miami but I wouldn't be surprised if he jumps to something else. Especially if a big school job opens up.

Cranford will be there if he wants because of the new AD but I wouldn't be surprised if he steps down.

I think a ton of people apply for West if it opens up. So much potential there.

I am sure there will be more openings and even a few surprises once the season ends.
Agree on Mahon. IF a GMC (Hamilton) opening comes up I can see the draw but would LM to Hamilton be a lateral move? Every high school has its challenges but I think the student dynamics are a little easier to navigate at Little Miami than at Hamilton. Both are programs with uphill battles working against very well established/winning programs. A top 3 conference finish would likely be the ceiling.

Crouch at West that someone else mentioned is an interesting thought. Not sure what his total package is at Mt. Healthy (meaning what all he has to do outside of coaching football) but it seems like things are his way or the highway in Owl Country and that has been a big part of his success formula. Would he have that same kind of latitude in West Chester?

Agreed on surprises! Was almost caught off guard reading the paper this morning when I saw a headline about "Long time Mason coach retiring" or that basic message but it's an assistant/younger level coach.
Old 10-27-17, 11:22 AM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
Crouch at West that someone else mentioned is an interesting thought. Not sure what his total package is at Mt. Healthy (meaning what all he has to do outside of coaching football) but it seems like things are his way or the highway in Owl Country and that has been a big part of his success formula. Would he have that same kind of latitude in West Chester?
Can't see it happening. He has applied at every GMC opening the last few years and hasn't gotten any. You'd think there has to be a reason why
Old 10-27-17, 11:45 AM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by natihsfan View Post
Can't see it happening. He has applied at every GMC opening the last few years and hasn't gotten any. You'd think there has to be a reason why
The reason is he gets somewhere in the range of step 10 administration $$ at Mt H! He has been offered the Middletown position 2x and turned it down.

I hear Hamilton has reached out to him recently. They've had talent and seem to have even more coming up, but I've heard a lot of kids have quit the program over the past few years because of coaching.

Hamilton or West would have to take care of him.
Old 10-30-17, 06:20 AM
Freshman

JustAFan1971 is on a distinguished road
Will today be a gloomy Monday for some HC's? Whose out? Who should be out? Who should be next up for your programs?
Old 10-30-17, 06:27 AM
All American

Maple Stang is on a distinguished road
Shaq Washington will be in at Maple
Old 10-30-17, 08:22 AM
All American

purplenova
Looks like Lebanon will be looking for a new HC.
http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307368
Old 10-30-17, 08:34 AM
All American

Daddy is on a distinguished road
It's tough to speculate during this time of year. Some people are only interested in open positions if only to leverage a better compensation package at their present location.
Old 11-14-17, 12:57 PM
Junior Varsity

tucson is on a distinguished road
Bath and Shawnee, both Lima area WBL schools, will have new head football coaches next season.
Old 11-14-17, 06:16 PM
All Ohio

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
'Never sold on him?' You were a senior when he was hired, lol.His Tiger teams have played 10 state champions in the regular season over the past five years, defeating one of them. They've also faced three state runners-up, two state semi-finalists, and four regional runners-up, winning one of those and four of the loses were by one score or less.

That is very true lol.
Old 11-14-17, 06:34 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Stang View Post
Shaq Washington will be in at Maple
Really? Wow. Thats a name from the past. Was he an assistant since his playing days at the University of Cincinnati?